Profile For Newbie78inpa J.

Newbie78inpa J.'s Info

2 years, 6 months ago

Newbie78inpa J.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Newbie78inpa J.'s Photo Gallery

What Would You Do?

If I parked somewhere and had to leave,my truck I would take a,note on the door saying I received permission from the owner/manager to park there. And leave my number with the,manager.

Downshifting

I meant 9th gear not 928 gear loll

Really need an edit button on this forum

Downshifting

I'm not a driver but I watched videos on shifting. A trainer mentioned adding the MPH numbers to give you the best idea of what gear to be in but I'm not exactly sure it applies to downshifting.

For example if you are going 45 4+5 is 9 so you go in 928th gear. 35 mph is 8 so you go in 8th and so on. 55and up is obviously 10th.

Any women gone through Prime training?

I'm also an introvert I love,my own space. You are a cutie I wouldn't mind being stuck in a truck with you.)

Real classy. Way to alleviate her fears about male truckers.

Read my mind. Just isn't the time to comment about being "stuck with me on a truck." Anxiety is through the roof.

Sorry I guess the part where you say you are " very playful" and like to joke around was misread by me.

I get it. It was a joke. Chose to ignore it until you became sarcastic with another poster. I'm here to calm my nerves. It's not the appropriate time to comment on my appearance or being confined with me when that's exactly why I made the post.

I don't recall being sarcastic unless I replied to something sarcastic. Forget I exist sorry to offend you.

And to clarify what I meant was I rather be trapped in a truck with a,cute girl 's some gross smelly old man trucker.

Carry on and good luck in your career.

Any women gone through Prime training?

People will always have horror stories. I would suggest going to youtube, and looking up a few female driver vlogs, such as Berna Schneider, who pulls glass for Maverick, or Trucker Janelle, who drives for Hirschach, and Allie Knight, who drives for Jim Palmer. All of them are great vlogs, and should do well to put some of your fears to rest. Trucker Janelle specifically addresses some of your issues in a few of her vlogs.

Welcome to TT

Stay safe

I wouldn't suggest her watching allie knight because she said she had a male trainer and it was horrible and things were done she didn't want to talk about.

IS IT EVER GONA HAPPEN?

What were the others since you don't mind talking about it.

the two that are now misdemeanors, because they changed the $ amount, are that I over drafted my debit card, and a check, on the same day, to the same business in 2 different cities. final charges, Illegal use of a financial transaction device, and uttering and publishing. both under $25, (2002) the country store, used one of the old CC manual swiper things. The judge even saw that I did have money in my acct, but other bills debited before the check, and DC hit the bank. But for whatever reason, I was used as an example, to the rest of the people being sentenced that day. The smashing mailboxes, final charge, Malicious Destruction of property over $100 (1992) And lastly. This one has a back story, so I will abbreviate it. I have two children, and my ex wife and I still get along great. I was paying child support, but not through FOC. So when I had a show cause hearing, The judge, decided that while it was good that I paid,( and we both kept receipts showing I paid ), I did not pay through them, so I had to REPAY all that money AGAIN! that did not sit well with me, so I made the situation worse by opening my mouth, thus, my 4th felony. I think the judge had it in for me, because my dad flunked him in high school economics.my that last one was in 2003.

As you can see, I am a hardened criminal. NOT

I'm not going to reply we will just leave it alone don't want to get in a ****ing match.

IS IT EVER GONA HAPPEN?

I'm not ashamed of my past at all. One felony I might be able to look past when hiring and the keyword is might but 2,3 and 4 no way. Most of society doesn't have a criminal history so why would I even think to hire a felon? But this industry seems to attract felons it by what I've been reading.

"You" was a catchall, not intended for just you, but every "you" who may read it.

oh, and nowadays, 2 of my felonies are now classified as misdemeanors had i committed them today. 1 of them is easily looked past, as many recruiters have already told me, and the last one, was the 25 year old one. I got caught delivering unauthorized messages to local mailboxes on the side of the road. 5 days after I turned 18, DOH!!!

What were the others since you don't mind talking about it.

IS IT EVER GONA HAPPEN?

Any women gone through Prime training?

Another YouTube guy Indiana Jack I think his name is. He is real fun to watch and amazingly calm in bad situations that pop up.

Any women gone through Prime training?

As a man looking to go to Prime this spring, even I'm racked with anxiety about having to share a hotel room and truck cab with someone. And as far as getting into fist fights, that would be immediate dismissal at any company. My plan is to keep my head down, follow orders, don't speak unless spoken to, stay alert, listen to my trainer, suck it up, and get along as best I can until the final prize...my own truck. That's the goal. Just keep that in mind at all times.

Yeah I personally wouldn't get into a fist fight but I'm sure a lot of other dudes would.

I'm just saying a lot of,guys don't have patience to handle another dude yelling at him.

Trucker diet need help

When you feel like snacking on chips go for the sunships brand made with whole grains. I just started eating them and thought they would be nasty but they are same good. Almost offed a whole bag in one sitting of the cheddar kind. Better then downing a whole bag of salt and oil filled regular chips.

IS IT EVER GONA HAPPEN?

so im new to truckin, but not as new as you think. My dad has been driving for over 15 years, ive been everywhere with him.And always LOVED every minute! But now im trying so late in life(im 28) to get my CDL A. But im running in to problems. I have my dad pushing me and in my corner with his prayers. But i wunder if its ever going to happen for me? whats the best route? Ill get straight to it..I HAVE A RECORD yeah im not proud at all, more ashamed. But its their, my past isnt old enoughf to get me into ANY truck school. Ive tried them all. Except the ones mid west states and east coast.Nevada resident here.My driving record is not so bad at all.What can i do? im thinking of just saving the money and pay for the classes on my own and stay close to home. Just wundering if itl happen for me? any tips? Leads? im verry honest on all my apps..never leave out a thing!

You can always try the rucking Companies That Hire Drivers With Felonies page.

The major factor, is how old the felony is, more so than the type of felony. Although, some will automatically disqualify you. Personally, I have 4 felonies, all over 10, years old, 1 is 25 years old. The point to remember, is that the past is the past, and as long as you are continuing to try and better yourself, you will be ok. It may take a while to get into the industry, but never give up.

Stay safe

4 felonies wow that's not something I'd freely tell people. Then again I wouldn't have a felony ever. Cue the...everyone makes mistakes line.

1st Year Pay: Breakdown

First I'm not saying I'm correct but I believe i am like I said it was a quick calculation.

You are allowed to drive 11 hours a day and 70 a week right?

Let's say you only drive 50 hours a week and only work 50 weeks out of the year so that's 2500 hours. $22,000÷2500 you get like 8.8 I think. So if you drive more then 50 hours a week that hourly rate will go down based on your 22k net earnings.

people don't base yearly earnings off net pay. Basing pay off NET will be extremely inaccurate based on each person. State income taxes vary (some very high, others take none), number of dependents are different, and so is healthcare/dental and 401k. If I were you I'd keep in mind what they're NET was but focus more so on GROSS pay

For me I focus on the net pay because that's what pays the bills. I look at both the gross and net but the net is most important to me.

1st Year Pay: Breakdown

Sorry I didn't see that you were driving part time until after I posted. Now those numbers aren't bad at all.

1st Year Pay: Breakdown

You are allowed to drive 11 hours a day and 70 a week right?

1st Year Pay: Breakdown

I did some quick math and it looks like you basically made minimum wage or less 7-8$ an hour range. Thanks for the breakdown of your earning though and hopefully you will make much more this year.

2 questions

I have an iceless cooler, 12v plug-in. It draws 4 amps. The plug doesn't even get warm.

If the sockets are like in cars they are usually on 10 amp circuits. But my air purifier is about 120 watts AC so that is about 11 amps DC. If these trucks have 15 amp sockets then I'll be ok. Otherwise I would have to run it on low.

Any women gone through Prime training?

If someone yells at you simply tell them there is no reason to yell. I'm a man and I don't take anyone yelling at me. To most men that will end up in fist fight. I held management positions and I never had to yell to get my point across.

2 questions

Air purifier? Great idea. They make those small like that??

Yeah it's basically a fan with filters in it and takes out odors too. Mine is about the size of a 2 slice toaster.

Honeywell 16200 is the model

2 questions

How many amps do the 12volt cig lighters handle in these trucks?

I have a small table top air purifier I would like to bring when I go out with a trainer otr. Its the size of a toaster and puts out 1 amp a.c. power. Would I be able to bring it? I could easily tuck it behind the passenger seat on the floor when not in use.