Profile For Kevin F.

Kevin F.'s Info

Hollywood, SC

Rookie Solo Driver

3 years, 8 months ago

Kevin F.'s Bio

Im a father of a 3 year old have a disability that doesnt stop me also a mechanic welder equipment operator. Really wanting to become a truck driver

Dmv test thursday

I know alot of you guys are class a drivers i gave it a hell of a shot with a 10 speed after a month it was to the point to where i was having a hell of a time and got in a automatic tri axle now if there is any class b drivers maybe you can help me i have a brand new (2-3 months old) and check engine light is on and still on paper tags that are out of date 4th of this month i know my pre trip to a T was told only go down driver side to front drive axle not sure about drop axle but studied it then passenger side for exhaust air tank and battery box what would you giys think about the check engine light i dont want to reschedule ive wanted a month to set up test date then 3 freaking weeks

Skills test next week

Thats what im thinking here i know my pre trip then basic control and road trip

Skills test next week

Here is sc we only have one dmv that does cdl test and course is super small but im going for either class a or class b with my auto tri axle

Skills test next week

Has anyone here done there skills test at there local dmv manual says 4 things the stop line straight line backing forward serpentine and alley dock then says see section 12 i go there and it says straight line backing offset left and right and parallel park (conventional) what am i posed to practice ive called and they wont tell me

Making turns left or right from a stop

This is another reason I like my automatic. I can concentrate on those pesky tandems and not worry about shifting. I sometimes forget about canceling that blinker tho, lol

I wanted a auto but hard to find one to train in

Making turns left or right from a stop

Thanks i forgot about that okay so shift before turn then after

Making turns left or right from a stop

Okay loaded say 3rd 4th before turn then after turn 5th then empty say 4th then 5th after turn. They guy that was teaching me was saying shift turn shift turn shift complete turn

Making turns left or right from a stop

Okay sorry i havnt been on in a while been busy my question is when at a stop maki g a left or right turn do you shift gears while turning or after turn is complete??? Say for example start in 2nd then hit 3rd after turn or 3rd then 4th after turn i keep being told you shift while turning okay if your not posed to shift at a 4 way then you wouldnt while turning correct??

Dmv style testing

Hey guys/gals im employed at a company in train my dmv skills test is coming and the company i work for only has contanier chassis my question is would anyone know if i could use one of those trailers im not sure how it works the dmv so stupid they dont understand what im asking is there a sertan trailer size i have to use

Please help

I sent you a message through yourprofile page

Ya i dont know it dont show anymore on my end weird

For some reason comments wont show up email says i have em but dont see em i did get your last ill call them

Please help

Please help

So usexpress has autos i called them today and they said they didnt or do you have to train in a stick shift

Please help

Sound like we are in same boat i can hold wheel no problem maybe im having a hard time cause the truck im training in doesnt have tilt steering and seat is all the way to floor the bag is gone

Please help

What about class b cdl i know i can drive straght truck i did that with my class b permit for 2 months in a auto is there any class b training in sc

Please help

Do you have a disability also?

Please help

My disability doesnt stop me from driveing i have my dot card and class a permit have its only from my elbow to wrist i have tryef driveing a truck i can up shift down shifting is a problem and double clutching and turning from a stop unless i had sit all the way up and wheel towards me i guess ill have to contact them

Please help

Is there a link to them

Please help

I have called everywhere for cdl training i do have a disability called erbs pasley i have to have a automatic truck i know there out there swift has yet to contact me i know henderson has em i think what about roehl can anyone help me find companies with autos reason i cant do stick is because turning left from a stop or right from a stop it would be very difficult on turning and shifting and staying in lane. Lets say you tie one arm behind your back and try to drive it is very hard with a stick

Any trucking academys near me

I was told from them that being i already have my dot and class a i just come to them and train also that after training i would come back and go to dmv with paperwork and wouldnt have to do skills test pre trip basic and road at dmv that i would just get my picture taken for full cdl.now being im paying upfront i could be able to just stay on road training 5 to 6 weeks wouldnt see why i would have to stay if i paid them unless i wanted my money back just thibking out loud

Any trucking academys near me

I called swift and sage today not sire which one i want to go with swift told me that i bring my class a permit dot card and ill train there then come back to sc. What i wasnt told is when i will get my cdl? Will i get it after training when i come back to sc? Or after the i believe 6 weeks of being with a trainer??