Comments By HowlingWolves

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/tractor-trailer-convoy.jpg avatar

Gueeeess what , the howling wolf himself passed today 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Will do cant wait to get out there

Congrats! Keep us updated on your journey. Now for TT tradition...

Gueeeess what , the howling wolf himself passed today 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 thanks brother

Here you GO!!!!!!.......dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Gueeeess what , the howling wolf himself passed today 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

I am now a licensed commercial driver !!!!!!

Not sure if ive asked beforw but whats the best company for new teams

Haha makes sense , this website is GOLD when are we getting a APP and truckinTruth radio? Lol

All these companies have enough business for you.

Trucking Company Reviews

Road training as teams is hard to do because that means there's three on the truck. The truck and schedules aren't made for that.

Get your proper training, and you can then arrange to drive as two to a team. After a few years, you'll have almost enough experience combined to start the headaches and hassle of owning your own fleet.

(Hint: drive as teams, but just let the company deal with the expenses and problems of ownership.)

Not sure if ive asked beforw but whats the best company for new teams

Hey I'm apart of a up and coming team of 4 actually we all want to go to the same company before getting our trucks and starting our own company but wanted to know what company would be the best outfit. What we is a company that has MILES and good starting pay , one that trains teams together otr

I wanna get the most out of my CDL

Thanks alot

Not that I can think of, really. Never hurts to have a passport of course. But get your CDL with all of the endorsement and the TWIC card and you're good to go.

I wanna get the most out of my CDL

Im apart of a program where they basically pay for everything up until im done with school , so anything like endorsements or twic card theyll pay for , is there anything else i'd need or would want to have besides my endorsements and twic card IE. Passport etcccc?

Pre trip pre trip pre trip HELP ASAP!!!!!

Yeeeees thats what i need pictures mainly to look at when im not infront of the truck

Completely agree with Six String on this. You've got to know what your school wants to hear - that's critical. Their system is set up to help you succeed and get your CDL in your state with your examiners. Each of us will usually develop their own form or method of doing the pre-trip inspection after you're driving your own truck.

What is beneficial about studying Daniel's guide is it helps people who don't have a clue of what they are looking for when it comes to identifying the various parts of the vehicle.

Pre trip pre trip pre trip HELP ASAP!!!!!

Yeah my actual test date is friday and i just wanna learn the basis i have most of everything down but its just that whole when i get home i dont have a truck in front of me to look at the parts and say it

The Manufacturer of the Truck really doesn't matter. They are all very similar. The only real differences will be under the hood. Water pump, alternator, steering pump, compressor, and fluid resivours, will vary slightly in location, but easy to distinguish and adjust for. Study the pte trip that Old School mentioned and you will be fine. I went to the Swift Academy in Phoenix, AZ. The Pre Trip there was not nearly as detailed as Daniels. In the grand scheme of things, the PTI will be the easiest thing you'll have to do in school. Good Luck!

Pre trip pre trip pre trip HELP ASAP!!!!!

Yea that makes sense for the most part

I noticed your profile says you're in CDL school. You should do your pre-trip as they want it done. Using somebody else's study sheets or even this website's resources for a pre-trip could be confusing or make it difficult to retain and regurgitate the information in a way that is satisfactory for your school. In fact, I did not use the resources on this website when doing my pre-trip preparation, because my school was specific about how they tested on the information, and also prepared us specifically for the examiners that they brought in for the CDL exam. I used this website exclusively for preparing myself for all the written exams for my CDL - e.g. General Knowledge, endorsements, etc... What I did was turn all the sheets my school gave me into flash cards myself. It was a lot of work, but all part of the studying process. You might have to do the same. It shouldn't matter what tractor you test on, it's just general info to pass the CDL exam - not truck specific per se.

Pre trip pre trip pre trip HELP ASAP!!!!!

Thank yoou !!!

Go up to the top of this page and put "pre trip my way" into the search bar. That should take you to Daniel B's pre trip notes with photos. See if that helps. It's on a Freightliner, but it should prove helpful to you.

Pre trip pre trip pre trip HELP ASAP!!!!!

Does anyone have pre trip notes or flash cards or advice for a international pro star , flash cards with pictures would be AMAZING

Any companies offer training for teams that just have their permits?

Brett can give you FAR better advice than i can...

Okk thanks man

Any companies offer training for teams that just have their permits?

which has turned a 4 week program into a goin into the third week .... program

Did you by chance mean it turned into a third month program? Geez I hope not for your sake. You don't have to name the school but I'd love to get a little more info about your situation before advising you to move on. Are you with one of the company-sponsored programs or are you with a private school?

And to answer your question - yes, if your backgrounds are decent there is a good list of companies that would train you guys and get you out on the road. But like I said, I'd like to get a few more details about what's been going on where you're at before telling you to jump ship.

Yeeeep definitely meant three months which really sucks and its through the WIOA program , and basically theres alot of i guess favoritism going on because they allow 3 attempts to go to the dmv before your out of the program so the ppl thats been in the program and have already developed relationships with the instructors fail and then they ask for the ours (all the newbies) test dates and we get pushed back and its already hard as hell to get booked for the CDL road test in our state , none of the instructors have ever drove OTR either so theres also that , im really considering finding someone with a automatic truck and just going myself , cause before i heard about the wioa program i was about to enter primes apprenticeship program but unaware how they run their teams i decided this would be a better route

Any companies offer training for teams that just have their permits?

C.R. England does, as do most of the training companies, I believe.

Ok thanks any idea on pricing average and how long have you been teaming and for what company?

Any companies offer training for teams that just have their permits?

Soooooo long story short the school "which will remain nameless" lol keeps pushing back test dates which has turned a 4 week program into a goin into the third week .... program , me and my partner are ready to get out and start making money 😣😣😣 any advice?

Car hauling???

So as i start to enter my last few weeks of CDL training i think ive came to the conclusion of what i want to do , i want to haul cars , any advice ? Reccomendations? Can i haul as a team driver and what companies haul automobiles?

Team companies

Is there a certain time we should apply during school or when we've graduated?

There are excellent opportunitys with almost every carrier in the country! You'll find most extremely receptive to having you aboard. Although it's not a one size fits all answer. First look at all the information available for free here on TT. Brett and company have put a great amount of effort to give you the most vital information about all the major carriers.

First what type of freight do you want to haul? I have found that I do very well with being a reefer driver. Freight seems to be very consistent and their is plenty of opportunity to have decent miles per week. I that case I would look at Rohle, CR England, Stevens, Swift and Prime as viable options. Dry? Swift, Schneider, CRST just to name a few. You both will need to qualify for each individual company so you need to make sure you both fill out as many apps to the same ones and see if any disqualify either one of you. It may narrow your choices.

Team companies

So after i finish school me and my brother plan on team driving and hopefully living on the west coast we just wanted to know what are some good companies to look into ?

Just started

Yes i got my permit last week and now im struggling with shifting

Hey, Howler!

The three main bugaboos for new drivers are backing, double clutch and Hours of Service. When you run into a problem, ask away!

Did you try searching "double clutch" in the search box? Also, there's another current topic about double clutching going on right now.

If you just started "CDL school", are you studying for your license now? If so get busy with the High Road Training Program. You'll ace the written test!