Profile For Mr. M.

Mr. M.'s Info

Mint hill, NC

Preparing For School

1 year, 12 months ago

Mr. M.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Prime - 4/3

Dan R is starting on the 3rd also. I don't start until the 24th

I start Primes orientation on 4-3! Anyone attending this date? I leave Champaign probably Sunday 4/2 - I should know more next week! I'm looking forward to it!!!! I'm working on the studying as much as I can while vactationing in the Sunshine State - Daytona Beach, FL to be exact. The ocean waves are a bit of a distraction ahah!

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

PRIME START DATE 4/24/17

Thanks Rainy

good-luck.gif

Yay good luck!!

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

PRIME START DATE 4/24/17

Thank you I will keep you guys updated.

Just off the phone with my recruiter and everything looks clear. I'm looking forward towards the challenge.

And we look forward to reading about your experience! Good luck.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

PRIME START DATE 4/24/17

Thanks very much and I will reach out to her

WOWOWOW!!!! smile.gif congrats and I hope it's great! Ask Rainy on here for any info she's great with that!

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

PRIME START DATE 4/24/17

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Prime physical can anyone elaborate?

Thanks for the information Rainy

In sprimo they also have you do an agility test. Bend to your toes...reach the sky...climb a few rungs of a ladder six times. If you go for flatbed they make you lift a tarp and put it on a six foot shelf.

Is there something in particular you are worried about?

If you have a certain BMI and neck size....they will wait til you pass the CDL test then hire you and give you a sleep apnea test.

salt lake city terminal uses concerts like Pittston... But sprimo has Trinity health care right in the terminal...as well as the sleep study lab

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Prime physical can anyone elaborate?

At Prime

Where are you taking the physical? When I was at orientation at the Pittston terminal they did the drug test on site and shuttled everyone to Concentra for the physical. Physical was super quick, maybe 10 min and certainly not as thorough as DOT requires.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Prime physical can anyone elaborate?

Thanks very much for the information

Urine test is the big one. They will kick you out and put you back in the bus in a heartbeat. Other than that they check your sight and hearing. Making sure you can lift up to 50 lbs. and for they guys you have to do the dreaded turn your head and cough

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Prime physical can anyone elaborate?

Prime physical can anyone elborate?

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Monday Starts my Last Week in a Cubicle

March 3rd is my last day too. No more corporate madness for me too. I will starting ar Prime very soon.

Starting Roehl on March 13th, My final day at the office is March 3rd. Getting closer and closer to achieving my dreams. Thank you TT for all your information and advice. I am so excited to be starting this Journey, and glad to know I got you guys here to bounce questions off of.

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

JIM PALMER TRUCKING

Luke never called me back. I've left several voicemails and no return call. I don't have a criminal record or anything on my background. My laast ticket was in 1998. I don't understand what's the problem. Oh well I guess I'm on to my second choice. I read your post hope everything is getting better for you.

And she is actually a he - yeah, it's not going anything like I had hoped- too many trainees and not enough trainers - in a situation that I can't get out of but making the best of it.

Llandros (the teach) just wrote in her blog that shes having a hard time. Someone needs to help.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

JIM PALMER TRUCKING

THANKS Dave!!! Hope I get accepted

I hope I get accepted at this company. Just talked to a recruiter named Luke. I will find out in a couple of days. Any insight anybody can give me?

I started at Wil-Trans ( sister company to Jim Palmer) at end of September. Just about done w/my training.

It's a great company, Wilson Logisitcs, owns & runs both.

Essentially the only difference is name & JP runs mostly west half & WT runs east half. Pay, benefits etc are all the same.

I have had nothing but good experiences so far. Any concerns or issues I've had are delt with quickly & properly.

I'm excited to be finishing training soon and heading out solo.

If you have any questions or I can help don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck & Mery Christmas

It's a great company, Wilson Logisitcs, owns & runs both.

I'm excited to be finishing training soon and heading out solo.

If you have any questions or I can help don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck & Mery Christmas

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

JIM PALMER TRUCKING

Hopefully I get accepted

Welcome, neighbor.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

JIM PALMER TRUCKING

Thanks I appreciate it.

Good luck. They are a great company. Type their name in the search bar on top of this page and you will get more info than you'll know what to do with.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

JIM PALMER TRUCKING

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

South Florida Resident - Get paid while getting CDL - Paid Training

Prime will hire you even if you live in south florida and Jim Palmer will hire you. There's a variety of companies that will hire you. You just have to do your research.

No worries guys. Found out that PAM transportation will hire me. So will CRST and Comcar CT will also. Still looking though and haven't decided yet if I'm gonna do Roadmaster school to avoid a contract or go with a sure thing with one of the trucking companies.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

PRIME NEW UPDATE

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I just called the recruiter Dan Donner and he confirmed that you must have your permit before coming to Prime.

I just got a response from Stan Kasterke, head of PSD training. He states that due to new federal rules you MUST come to Prime with your permit from your home state. You will pass the test for the CDL and be given the test scores to take home. You will be routed home once you pass. They have been doing this for a year in the Salt Lake city terminal and have apparently worked out any kinks.

Keep in mind how fast these people respond. I emailed them an hour ago at my customer and I got the response already.

Posted:  1 year, 7 months ago

PRIME NEW UPDATE

Is it true that now if you come to Prime you must have your permit and DOT physical from your home state?? Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Jim Palmer trucking

Thanks for the info

I'm gonna put up the links we have to information for this thread:

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Jim Palmer trucking

Thanks don't worry I'll keep you posted

Mr. M, one of our student members Aaron has an outstanding Jim Palmer training thread in the diary section. If you haven't already check it out, it's a good read.

I'll give a second vote for Aaron's thread. It is excellent and have read it now several times. JP is one of the two that I am most seriously considering when I get to start - although that is not going to happen until June for me (gotta get all the ducks in a row!)

Good luck if you go with them and keep us all updated regardless of where you go.