Comments By Danny G.

• Danny G.
  • Comments:

PAM Drivers I need some info please

The driver at the time of the incident bears the sole responsibility.

Thank you Old School! :) That's what I'm assuming, but I'd appreciate if there are any PAM driver's that can chip in if their experience has been different.

PAM Drivers I need some info please

I understand that working for PAM they require noobs to team for 6 month. Here is my question and I'll describe a scenario:

I'm driving and the other team driver is in the back sleeping (maybe doing a 10hr reset). I pull into a truck stop to refuel and in the process manage to damage a rim. Who will be held accountable? Who's company record will get a negative on it? Just mine, or have I messed up my co-driver's record too?

I appreciate any insight into this. Thanks!

I live in the wrong State

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I got my PPL it didn't make me a pilot either and was only the beginning of learning how to aviate and navigate. Sound Advise as always. Thanks Errol. :)

I live in the wrong State

Thanks Errol :) The company would have reimbursed the cost... Just like to hit the ground running and safe the company and myself the extra wait time. I'm definitely going to for a CB though hehe.

I live in the wrong State

Although my CDL school start date isn't until October, I like getting my ducks in a row so to speak. I've already found out that I can't sit the HAZMAT test until I have the full license, so I figured I'd at least get the TSA Threat Assessment out of the way so that I can do the HM endorsement on the same day I pass the road test and have it included when the DMV issue me with the license. Well, it turns out that the state of Georgia doesn't allow that either. What a bummer! Hey Rainy, at the end of October you may hit the delete button and wipe this place of the map. LOL

CDL school, weekday vs weekend training?

I can't comment on going to CDL school since I'm only scheduled to start in October, but what I can say from experience is this: If you've set your mind on doing something, don't beat around the bush... hit it with a big stick and get it done.

Texarkana College Professional Driving Academy

Thank you Bravo Zulu. That is sound advise.

I'm already going through the training program a second time and I intend to arrive at school with my permit in hand even though the school said it's not necessary and won't make me progress any faster. I'm OK with that. I like being pro-active when it comes to things like that. :)

Like you, I intend to get all the endorsements with the exception of HAZMAT and passenger. In Georgia they don't allow us to take the HAZMAT prior to having the full license.

Texarkana College Professional Driving Academy

Well done Bravo Zulu! I'll be starting my own journey soon... I can hardly wait.

Some observations 7 months in.....

Men talk to me all the time... most are nice.

I was carrying my laundry back to my truck and this guy asked me if I drive. I said "no. I just like the washers here better than at home."

I didn't even make it past the first paragraph before I cracked up. rofl-1.gifrofl-2.gif

Perfectly planned trip THWARTED by a FLAT TIRE !

Paul, I wasn't questioning your judgement or anyone else's for that matter, but rather putting it out there as something to think about before a driver makes that decision to drive with a flat tire.

Perfectly planned trip THWARTED by a FLAT TIRE !

That's a difficult call... Maybe travelling along a quiet road, but on a busy one? What happens if that tire disintegrates and a piece of rubber hitting the a car behind causes an accident or in the worst case a fatality?

Checking the possibility of a career as a truck driver

Only answer what they want to know... if they ask if you've had any DUI's in the last 5 years then the answer would be a truthful no. Do not elaborate on anything that they aren't asking for.

Hi John. My understanding is that Driver Solutions (PAM Trucking) makes use of independent facilities and will pick the one closest to your location. So, they may possibly send you to one of the 6 you had already selected if they are part of their network.

Just met my first ******bag trucker.....

I like your attitude Sambo. That is the best way to handle such a situation... forget about it and move on.

Topics About Trucking To Write About

Something very common is complacency and picking up bad habits. Might be an interesting topic.

CRST Company-Sponsored Training - The Adventure Begins

Congratulations Kolibri! :)

My experience so far in truck driver training

Just a quick update .

I passed my pre trip and backing skills test last week . Monday i pasted my road test and after nine and a half weeks of schooling I graduated today and have my cdls in hand !

Congratulations Jerry! dancing.gif

Backing Practiceâ„¢ 16

Enter gate 3 and go directly between the 2 buildings. Continue past the dock all the way down and around the lower buildings. From there it's straight to the scale and then out gate 1 and back into gate 3 and between the 2 buildings and set up for backing up into the dock.

Here we go.

Another good idea would be to ask the mechanics that maintain the fleet as to which spends more time in the workshop because that will impact your paycheck.

Trucker in deadly Georgia crash gets five years

If these are all the facts, the company's safety director is as much at fault for allowing this individual behind the wheel of a semi in the first place.