Profile For Josh C.

Josh C.'s Info

4 years, 3 months ago

Josh C.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Power inverter for my truck doesnt give power to my electronics

It's a cheap a$$ cobra 1500 watt and it does not have a reset button on it unfortunately

Check the outlet. Does it have a reset button in the center of it. Some do and some don’t. What brand is it?

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Power inverter for my truck doesnt give power to my electronics

I had the truck on when I tried it. Just to be safe lol .but I looked and didnt find any fuse by the battery.

There may be a 250 amp fuse in a black rubber and casing in your battery compartment..

Your total amperage far exceeds with that inverter can supply.

Don’t ever run a microwave or toaster oven without either the engine or the APU being on.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Power inverter for my truck doesnt give power to my electronics

I checked the fuse box under the bunk didnt seem like any was blown and the inverter turns on but doesnt give any power to my electronics

I looked but didnt see anything on my truck it's a 2017 kenworth t680 if that helps

Lol probably a rookie question but how do I do that

I would check the length of your hot cable, you may have tripped an inline breaker that is separate from the fuse on the inverter. I have a 300 watt breaker installed and when it blows I hear a pop then I get zero power. I flip the breaker back on and it all works again.

Either start at the inverter or at the battery, follow the red cable from one end to the other and look for a breaker somewhere between the two ends. Mine looks like this.

0474980001598837003.jpg

Did you say you did or didn't check the trucks fuse block? Also when you push the power button on the inverter does it light up at all, any light or fan on?

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Power inverter for my truck doesnt give power to my electronics

Lol probably a rookie question but how do I do that

0474980001598837003.jpg

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Power inverter for my truck doesnt give power to my electronics

Lol probably a rookie question but how do I do that

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Power inverter for my truck doesnt give power to my electronics

Its 1500 watts should've put it on op sorry

Make sure you turn the inverter OFF, then turn it ON again. If you get the "pop" sound again, with nothing working, you're out of luck. Either the inverter is defective or too small.

Sounds to me like the inverter isn't large enough to handle that load. You may have to only run some things individually.

How many watts is the inverter rated for? Is it hard-wired to the truck's power system?

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Power inverter for my truck doesnt give power to my electronics

Hey everybody I just got a truck and plugged in my tv xbox fridge and then I plugged in my toaster oven and heard a pop after that nothing will turn on. I checked the fuses and even replaced them in the inverter but still dont have any power to my appliances. Any ideas what the issue could be thanks.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Buying my first truck need some info

Yeah I'm doing 20,000 down. payments are supposed to be 1600 a month for 36 months

So your financing it? What rate did you get? Are you putting a down payment on it?

You really need to take the time and learn about financing. You need to understand how interest and principle are computed to make your monthly payment amount.

If you have not signed any papers yet, I would reconsider this move until you educate yourself better. You will always pay more for monthly payments with interest than straight cash.

Hey I'm in the process of getting a truck. and the price is 47000 for a freightliner 2017 with 530,000 miles on it the price on it is 49,000$ but I get all the paper work done and then I find out its 75,000$ at the end after I pay it off. is that normal or am I getting screwed. Thanks

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Buying my first truck need some info

Be your own boss and work when you want to work and how you want to

Hey Josh, I'm just curious ‐ what's the lure of owning your own truck?

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Buying my first truck need some info

Posted:  4 months ago

Does crete do mostly short runs

Yeah I've never missed a delivery time so far

I work for Crete on the Walmart Dedicated fleet out of North Platte. but when I was a national driver, I never got such short loads. I would reach out to your asset manager to see what they might have to say. I know they were mentioning a few weeks back how drivers are seeing shorter miles due to the whole COVID-19, but things have been opening back up.

Have you been making on time deliveries by any chance?

Posted:  4 months ago

Does crete do mostly short runs

Hey everyone I've been at crete on the national side for 3 months now the first month I was getting great runs 1000 miles and better but the last couple months I've been getting a lot of short runs I'm talking 300 miles a day which I hate but I was wondering if anyone one else is having similar issues thanks in advance

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Crete idling

Please just crete drivers answer the question lol I appreciate all responses but if your not a crete driver please let the crete folks answer

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Crete idling

Hey everybody I'm thinking of going to crete but was wondering about their idling do they allow it or do they have their trucks automatically shut off after 5 minutes seems like it would be pretty uncomfortable in the summer when it real hot

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Questions on cretes trucks

Hey sorry for the late response but is the dh ratio really 95%

Chocolate great, I'm on it, saw Jamie is on Walmart.

Might want to speak directly some how. Recruiter I had wasn't well informed of how it runs.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Crete/shaffer chocolate account info

I've got a year and a half in at ptl

Josh, are you new to trucking, or are you an experienced driver?

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Crete/shaffer chocolate account info

Not so much crete just been lied to in the past from other recruiters I'm hopeing to get some info from anyone that has first hand experience with the account

Why would you not trust what the representative from Crete told you?

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Crete/shaffer chocolate account info

Hey everyone I've been talking with a recruiter for crete/ shaffer and was wondering if anyone works on it or has worked on it in the past sounds good from the recruiter but I never know when to trust them any info would be much appreciated thanks

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Questions on cretes trucks

Thanks for the tip buddy hows the chocolate account over their I'm thinking about jumping on it pretty quick

Hey thanks for the fast response I had another question about using the uninterrupted power supply doesnt that only work for around 10 minutes or so I'm no voltage expert but would it still be able to hold power for the tv and everything

Yes they don't last very long or at least the ones I've had. They're just designed so you can safely turn something off when you lose power.

But the inverters on our trucks are activated all the time, connected directly to the batteries. but on our older trucks such as the 2017 trucks, during the power cycle (truck turning on or off when you have opi idle enabled) it will cut the inverter off for about a few seconds before it comes back on providing power to the uninterrupted power supply long before it would actually run out of backup battery.

I used it for my cpap in my old truck, because it used to lose power and then come back on which woke me up. But that was my solution to the problem. But since I got my 2020 truck, it was never needed anymore.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Questions on cretes trucks

1) Sure you can, I see people do it all the time. Our equipment is pretty new, so you might actually get s truck with a refrigerator in it already. No promises, but its possible to put your own in there from the drivers I have seen.

2) No but yes, we cannot just idle our trucks as much as we want. But we do have opi idle on all of our trucks to keep our batteries charged and for AC on those hot days. So the truck will turn on when it needs to either charge the batteries or cool the truck down.

3) Sure he can! I actually have a PS4 with me that I use every now and then, plugged into the outlet, it doesn't cut off during the time the truck comes on and cuts off during certain times.

Now I do believe our older trucks would cut the power off to the inverter for a moment, but the 2020 trucks do not. But you can help prevent that by buying one of those uninterrupted power supply that you can plug into the inverter under the bed, and plug everything into that since its basically a battery in itself and will only use the battery power to prevent the TV and xbox from losing power during the power cycles. I had one in the 2017 freightliner I had, but I don't have one for the 2020 truck I have now and it doesn't cut anything off.

Hopefully that answered your questions.