Comments By Squirrellyguns

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0848862001527377303-63139.jpg avatar

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Local food service as a rookie

Again a big “Hats Off” to you Rob for doing what you do. It definitely is a rough job with all the in town driving you do and the manual labor that goes with all that mental strain and long hours. Keep up that positive attitude though as that will eventually lead you to bigger and better things!

Prime’d and ready to go

30k combined, we hope within 4-5 weeks with about a week off next month that my trainer had preplanned prior so at least I’ll get a little home time as well. Thanks Chris, it feels great to finally have that CDL!

dancing-banana.gif TRIFECTA!!!!!!!!! dancing-banana.gif

So, practice, paying attention, and being on time (ie. early) Paid off! Big thanks as well to this site and everyone here for the support and assistance!! Tomorrow brings on the next adventure of some Team driving time and more real world lessons. Stay safe and see y’all on the road

Prime’d and ready to go

Thanks to our FM, we got in to Springfield a couple days early. I reserved a couple pad times so I can work on my backing using Primes reference points I have to use to pass. My “real world” backing which does not include my head out the window like a dog down the highway is great, my trainer is completely happy with my work and dedication to the job. I plan on getting my license Friday, yea may sound a little ****y, but I’ve been busting my rump and paying attention and studying long before I got here. Trust me to any of you considering driving, it will pay off to study, listen, and learn. I know I’ll have a lot more learning to do, especially once I’m on my own, but that’s a general rule of thumb in life. I’ll post again Friday after I test and to everyone out there, stay safe!

CDL Training at Coastal

dancing-dog.gif smileyImage" />

Way to go JT!!! Congrats

CFI at Crowder College

Keep up the great work Don and stay safe! Sounds like your getting the hang of everything just fine. Stay safe

Prime’d and ready to go

So, it’s been a couple days since I last posted, but honestly, it’s been the same, just being safe and putting miles under the tires. Load I have now is Undies to Walmart. I have hours but trainer doesn’t so I’m having to drive based on his recaps. Drop n hook on weds anytime so no rush. We’re heading back to Sprimo fri or sat so I can Trifecta on Sunday and grab my license on Monday and get back on the road ASAP. I feel really good about it all. I’m doing/done 99% of the driving, all the backing n dock bumps. And running they pretrip n post trip everyday, I should ace it as well. Biggest thing that’s stressed everywhere, listen and pay attention. Everything else falls into place. Stay safe everyone!

Prime: Let's do this!

Yea, show me the money AFTER expenses. Stick to your guns and let the company foot the bill at least for a while. Stay safe!

Prime’d and ready to go

Thanks and good luck JT!! ice, indeed, I look forward to doing as much I can as possible

Prime’d and ready to go

Thanks Jeremy😋 So today started our load from Ochelata, Al to Philadelphia, Pa. ran 10 good hours (including around Atlanta, Ga traffic n construction which put us almost a day ahead, and we found out they’ll take us early! So looking forward to getting us an extra load this week! Did full pretrip again, still missed 6 or 7 which on a full 90 point is great. So the plan is same, head back next week, weds is my 14th day state requirement before I can test, get a little more backing practice as needed and trifecta out. Stay safe everyone!

Prime’d and ready to go

Thanks everyone, it’s been great. So live unloaded in Opelika, Al. Now drop n hooked while loading. This ones going 861 miles to Philadelphia, Pa. I’ve been doing all the driving and doing great. We got bored on the way down here so completely from memory I ran through the full pretrip to my trainer from tractor to trailer front to back, and only missed 6 points, so we’re both confident. So far I’ve been doing all the dock bumps and lot parking as well and doing better each time, so far I’ve not missed a hole yet. Maybe a extra pull up but hey, better than risking any damage. So with that said, I feel confident I can go trifecta in a another week n a half. Again, listening to everyone here. On this site, and the Road Test and pretrip information made this so much easier with it already in my head. Stay safe and stay alert.

Prime’d and ready to go

Did a couple hours on the back pad, second time around the reference points clicked and it was all good from there. Grabbed load from terminal going 327 miles to Ochelata, Ks to Walmart DC, no problems at all, hour early and in a door with 2 pull ups. Live unload. Then deadhead 90 miles back to Joplin, Mo to grab another Kraft/Walmart load bound 705 miles to Opelika, Al. Will grab it tonight then haul it tomorrow. Overall great day, my trainer said he is very pleased, I’m doing well!

Prime’d and ready to go

Well today was a partially wasted day. Outbound screwed us with a Walmart load for tomorrow 8 pm delivery only 327 miles away..... not sure who wants to strangle the weekender more, me or my trainer..... Anyways though I did some more in town driving, bobtail though, but had to deal with more than I had thus far, lots more stop lights, railroad tracks, and crazy drivers, but I followed the rules, kept good distance, slowed early and stayed behind the tracks at the stop light till the vehicle ahead cleared me enough room to fully cross over in case I would have to stop. Good experience today.

CRST - Training Adventures in Cedar Rapids

Big congrats as well and keeping safe!! Keep up the great work!

Prime: Let's do this!

Remember that tomorrow is always a new day here, surely one of the PRIME reasons you sought coming here cause the next day wasn’t new before.

Sorry, just had to.... 😂

Prime’d and ready to go

Thanks Bran (weasel 😄). So day 6, drove down to Arkansas and back bobtail, then went back to the terminal and to the pad area, grabbed a trailer and practiced each backing maneuver a bit. Having been a yard dawg operator for 5 years it was very difficult for me to not just put it in the hole my way, cause here you have to use their “reference” points, where as I used to just be able to do it. But I’ll learn their way to pass which is what matters. Still, I didn’t do bad though.

Starting classes tomorrow

Congrats so far and keep up the good work!

CDL Training at Coastal

My keep up the good work and withat positive attitude it’ll all click into place. Stay safe and keep your eyes and ears open!

Prime’d and ready to go

Thanks everyone! Yesterday was some more class time, and a 4 hr sunburn session out on the pad doing pre trip on tractors and getting some drive time around the yard. I’ll be in an auto but was able to take a manual LW around the yard. That said, simulator and tractor transmissions are NOT the same at all, but once I found the transmissions sweet spot, it was all smiles from there. Today I’m out driving some local time bobtail and then with an empty, tomorrow we grab our first load for PSD Phase. Stay safe out there and to all my fellow students out here, pay attention and stay positive!!! See ya on the flip side!

Prime’d and ready to go

Well day 3 consisted of a pre trip inspection class with a great cheat sheet giving us all the info and exact wording we’ll have to use. Then for a good portion of our class they spent the day running around trying to get permits and get computer courses done and try to test out of sim lab. Now I’ve done a great job staying on my goal of being ahead and tonight I was able to test out of sim lab with a 99, so now my work is complete in this stage and I am sooo looking forward to training on the road to get that license!! Honestly thanks to here and my family n friends, I really haven’t been that stressed about any of it. You just have to preplan and set your goals. And listen to everything they tell you, and you will succeed. That said, watch out drivers, here I come!!!!