Comments By Lynn H.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/gold-rig.jpg avatar
  • Lynn H.
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Prime and name change

Thanks, that's what I need to know.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Prime and name change

My driver's license is completely different from my birth certificate. That's because my last name changed when I got married, and I kept it even after divorce to have the same last name as my son. And, about 17 years ago or so I decided to officially change my middle name to my first name for personal reasons.

We moved gazillion times over a few years, several years back. I lost all my official papers. I did find a copy of the name change papers on the court website and printed out one signed by the judge, but how dire is it that I get my hands on another marriage license copy? I'll do it if needed, but it's kind of a pain. I have to find a notary to get the officially stamped version. I would think the background check would validate the progression of names with just driver's license and official birth certificate.

Did anyone ever have trouble with their name being different on driver's license vs. birth certificate? Or no.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Starting with Knight? Property Management?

I applied for both Prime and Wil-trans. Neither seemed to care about my one misdemeanor DUI debacle when I was young and stupid 26 years ago. Knight also would let me move forward. I got my one- one in my whole life, mind you- speeding ticket about two and a half years ago. Yes, right before I decide to look into trucking. Wil trans rejected me for the speeding ticket, but it was just the one, and Prime and Knight will take one, I believe. That's all my driving screw ups. If you root around on the websites enough you can find some general guidelines as far as what they will accept, or not. It seems like unpaid ticket suspensions 8 years ago would be okay, but I'm no expert in all this.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Starting with Knight? Property Management?

Never mind- looks like just the past three years for suspensions.

Do unpaid tickets resulting in suspension disqualify from prime? I may have had some over a quarter of a century ago- parking tickets or unpaid registration. I'm not sure if I caught them in time or not. Maybe not.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Starting with Knight? Property Management?

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Is this normal??

I survived a diabolical step-father and one horrible husband. I recognize some of their tricks in your post, and it only gets worse. Trust me. It's been almost 20 years, and I'm still PSTD-ed out from all that. It sucks to be lonely, but it's heaven compared to all that. Men like that will chip away at you until there's nothing left, and something inside you knows it. You said, "My spirit is broken. I'm not who I used to be anymore...I miss myself." What's left of your spirit is reaching out. It wants to live. Let it.

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Newbie Just Applied To Prime

Man, woman, or in-between, broken or weird (I'll speak for myself)- don't care, and grouchy doesn't scare me. As long as they're safe and teach me. And no smoke, so I don't die. That would put a damper on things.

It will be amusing to see who the personality test matches me with. It's almost time to go. Now I've just gotta get caught up on one more car payment and utilities. Woohoo!

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Newbie Just Applied To Prime

So, if I choose female and non smoking right off the bat because asthma, and I think I'd like to learn from an experienced woman's perspective, I can't change my mind about gender if it takes too long to get a trainer or whatever? Huh, good to know.

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

8 people found dead in tractor trailer

I'm a white lady, yes, but I grew up in L.A. and diversity feels like home to me. In my thesis novel that I wrote for my masters degree my leading men are Mexican immigrants based on people I've known over the years. When I was a waitress I learned Spanish from the busboys because it was fun and I wanted to, and I cared. I generally don't mention these types of things because I don't do it to be politically correct or socially just or because I care what anyone thinks. Not realizing it was some bizarre bait for controversy, I simply didn't respond because the idea of cooking in a truck haunted me for much of yesterday, and I didn't know what to say. Plus, it did feel like an odd post. How sad and ridiculous for you to jump to that conclusion.

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

How To Overcome Nervousness During CDL Testing

I haven't gone to CDL school, yet, but I was always a good test taker. Sometimes I'd study like crazy and make myself sick with nerves. But the day of the test I wouldn't think about it until I got there, totally relaxed. No cramming right before like some students did. It was in God's hands or the universe or fate or whatever floats your boat. I'd already done everything in my power to succeed, preparation wise. Whatever happened was okay. Then I relaxed, and I always did well.

From your posts it appears you have certainly worked hard to succeed, yourself. If you can practice more today, then do it, but then let it go. What else can you do?

Posted:  1 year, 12 months ago

Making the Sleeper Cozy Like your Home

I love pictures and videos of your trucks' interiors and have wished for more. I've always been obsessed with tiny houses and living and traveling in an RV or van or converted bus or whatever. So, this fits with that. That's for sure.

Posted:  1 year, 12 months ago

A Husband and Wife Trucking Journey

Go on! What happened next?

Posted:  2 years ago

Prime application

Thank you. I'm probably not the first person who realized they had a few more things to wrap up at home before they go on the road.

Posted:  2 years ago

Prime application

Back in December I was so excited when I decided to do this that I applied for Prime and got numerous call backs from the recruiter guy right away. Woohoo! But then I realized that, realistically, certain things needed to be resolved and wrapped up before I can leave home. I left a message for him, expressed gratitude for the call backs, and said I would contact him when ready.

At last I'm close to true readiness but wonder if I should fill out a new application online since its been so long? I don't even think I have the recruiter's number anymore. I had saved it for a while but think I deleted it by accident.

Posted:  2 years ago

I might have talked myself out of this...

You're not alone with your nerves and long list of to-do's before you can get going. Believe me. I imagine myself trying to back in at a truck stop with a crowd of seasoned truck drivers slapping their knees and laughing at me while my abusive, serial killer trainer glares at me with disapproval.

But you know what scares me more? The thought of working on the phone in an office, or going back to the classroom and dealing with admin and parents and kids biting my ankles and spewing the F word like Linda Blair (I did special ed.) Not to mention I'm headed towards retirement in a cardboard box if I don't do something. I've always thought truck driving looked like fun. Difficult, but fun. See, I went from nervous back to excited again. I go back and forth.

Posted:  2 years ago

Asking for $$$ advice before starting training

Thanks, now that sounds more like what I had planned on. Use advance for food. and bring a little to get back or whatever, just in case. I'm more concerned about maintaining everything at home for the boy and dog during the first month or so.

Posted:  2 years ago

Asking for $$$ advice before starting training

Is that $1000 or so including the $200 a week advance during the initial few weeks, or is that in addition? I am in the planning process as well.

Posted:  2 years ago

Prime inc Springfield CDL training 3/6/2017 female student

Yay! It's magnificent. I'm happy for you.

Posted:  2 years ago

Prime inc Springfield CDL training 3/6/2017 female student

I knew you'd make it. You've been solidly determined since day one. Please post a picture of your truck when you get it!

Posted:  2 years, 1 month ago

College or Truck Driving.

You remind me of my son. He is your age, and school has always been effortless for him. He went to college for about a year and a half and did well. But one day he thoughtfully explained that he did not want to have any debt and feels college is a waste of time. He wants to learn a trade, maybe be an electrician or welder. By his demeanor I could tell he'd pondered it thoroughly, and I feel he's making the best choice for him right now. I mean, I went to school for a gazillion years, and job-wise it's been of little benefit. My student loan debt is huge and ridiculous. Why would I recommend something that panned out so little.

But, it panned out otherwise. Several years ago I got accepted into a writing popular fiction masters degree program that's not that easy to get into. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and now I'm friends with all kinds of published authors, and I'm part of a warm community that has greatly contributed to my happiness and fulfillment. I'm still poor, but my artist's soul is happy. I never could have been a part of that if I hadn't finished my bachelor's.

You just don't know what doors might open. Something to consider.