Profile For Pitkin

Pitkin's Info

PA

Rookie Solo Driver

2 years, 6 months ago

Pitkin's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

2012 Freightliner Cascadia battery switch

Hi everyone.Does anyone know where to locate main battery switch on 2012 Cascadia to cut off power after shift?

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

How to check my CSA,PSP points on my DL?

Most states bmv websites give the ability to purchase that information in a download and printable form. The fees vary but you'll be able to view everything on your driving record. Oh and just for future reference, drivers only accumulate PSP points, CSA applies to companies.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

How to check my CSA,PSP points on my DL?

Hallo everyone.I would like to know how can I check my CDA,PSP points on my license?Thank you

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Need to start looking for new job

Hi guys.Sorry if my last topic makes you think that I’m working for NFI.Actually I never did.My problem is w my local ,small company where I started in January 2018.Owner didn’t managed company correctly and got us into financial problems.I stick around w few drivers but lost my regional run 2 weeks ago.They started to return leased trailers and management has no idea what next.I love everyone about this place including pay,run,home time,trucks,miles but it’s getting harder on everyone if there is not light at the end of a tunnel.We r trying to same this place but it’s not easy.Yea,Susan I have written warning for speeding.Learned my lesson and I’m fine ever since.So this is my reason why I’m trying to get some info about companies in my area.My next question would be:how to check CSA,PSP points on my license?I would like to come clean with new company when my time will come.Thank u everyone.Happy New Year

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Need to start looking for new job

Hallo everybody.I haven’t been here probably at least 6 months.Everything was going well with my first year in trucking.But in last few months company I’m working for start showing some financial problems.60% drivers left and few of us who stayed might be better start looking for new place of employment.Im hoping someone will give me advice,tip what would be good place to look in my area.Im from Lehigh Valley-Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area in PA.If any of you could help me with few names of companies in this area that you are currently working or worked before and have good things to say,it would be very helpful.I know there is a lots of companies I can choose from but if there are drivers who are currently driving for some of them and have positive thing to say,please come forward and let me know.It could be any company with regional or local position.Thank you for any,every advice.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

Working for NFI

Can you guys tell me little about this company?Experiences,benefits,miles,runs local vs regional in Lehigh Valley PA.Anything good or bad you can tell about them?

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Speeding in work zone

That makes sense what you telling me.He said company for 2y and will get 30 points.So first year 30,then second 20 and 10 points last year.Will these point be completely gone?Thank u Susan D.Will sleep much better

You won't get any points on your license, but you will get PSP points. Points are triple the first year, double the 2nd year, and single the third year, then drop off. While you got PSP points, your company got CSA points which they have for 2 years.

You can order a copy of your PSP online for $10, or your company's safety department can pull it up for you. It generally takes a couple months before the damage shows up online for the report you order, and within days for the report your company can pull.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Speeding in work zone

I will find out what this paper I was given by office has on the top.Will let u know

Thank you guys.I had a phone call with company today about this problem.I was told I will get 30 points and so they will get 30 for 2 years.G-Town, you telling me loosing point each year?Something is not right here.It takes 30 years?It can’t be right.It was written warning without ticket.What is done is done,can’t take it back.I had good day today and need rest before driving home few more hours tomorrow.When and how can I get proper info about these points?Any website,number to check it after few days,weeks?Thank u guys,I appreciate

G Town says:

Get your rest. It's way more important than fretting over this

He's exactly right. I've been a member here for a while and can't even count the number of times somebody has discussed something that's been occupying their attention (ticket, minor accident) and then having an accident due to not being aware of their surroundings. Being behind the wheel requires ALL of your attention. In my job there's many days I'm exhausted, and honestly, ****ed off. I don't focus on that while I'm driving, instead I focus on what's going on around me and driving defensively. I don't want to downplay the severity of why you were pulled over but as it's been said you're lucky it was only a warning. What's done is done, focusing on it isn't going to change anything. I understand wanting to know about the points and such, but by saying you're losing rest means you're way too focused on it.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Speeding in work zone

G Town says:

Get your rest. It's way more important than fretting over this

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Speeding in work zone

Thanks G-Town.How will tris effect my driving?Will I have hard time to find another job in the future?For how long will these points stay on my license?Will these points be reduced every year or so?If anybody can help with these questions.I can’t sleep at night because this stupid mistake I made.Thank you all.

Pitkin you got lucky here. Speeding in a construction zone is usually a double fine. The Officer cut you a huge break.

Please learn from this. Drive your truck, don't let others do it for you. Lead by doing the right thing, don't follow others who are doing the wrong thing.

Good job on passing a level 3. That's a positive.

Safe travels.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Speeding in work zone

He did inspection Level 3 with no problem.It was in writing.I was trying to drive behind 2 trucks driving same speed and he wasn’t probably looking when they passed him.He pulled me over.This is not excuse just explanation of the situation.

Speeding in a work zone? Just a warning? Verbal or in writing? There is no excuse or justification for ever doing this, short of assisting the police in ending a chase, trying to get away from an approaching tornado, or an airplane needs to land on the roadway. You should feel very fortunate you did not receive a hefty ticket and/or lose your job.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Speeding in work zone

I learned my lesson.Even they are trucks that are going under speed limit,don’t try to get in from of them.Officer new what I was doing but it was just too fast for his taste

I got pulled over yesterday for speeding.I didn’t get ticket but I’m worry about what next.Any CSA points for me,company?How many months before my points will be gone from license?Thank u

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Speeding in work zone

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Is 1000 watt too big for cooking in truck?

Thank u everyone.I was just wondering If my truck can handle it.Not sure what the inverter can handle.Will ask.Im starting regional run in next few weeks and got single burner w 900W and coffee maker around 650W.Friend who Drivers same truck as mine said,w his old microvawe being 1000w he blow his inverter.Wont have any other appliances like this.So I will just run my truck everytime im using them.

I aso run a 1500w invertor. Thats plenty. I too have a keurig, gotta have my coffee when I get up. If you don’t have an apu start the truck ss already said.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Is 1000 watt too big for cooking in truck?

Hi everybody.I would like to know If using 1000 watt microwave,single burner for warming up my food in truck is too high?Will I have problems?Thank u

Posted:  2 years ago

Cdl test info

He is right.I did my test about month ago and with these old trucks sometimes you will have hard time to put it in gear.But i did it few time but after my test I was told i passed because I handled my truck very well while i tried to put it in gear.So don't worry,it happend to everybody.Just make sure you won't stay without gear for long.Always slow your truck and this way you can show him,you are handling this situation.

Only if it's excessive and/or causes you to coast while trying to get the truck back in gear.

A few grinds and scrubs here and there isn't typically a fail.

Posted:  2 years ago

Is it good to work for unions ?

Hi guys.This become really great topic and Im happy you guys really told us what you think.I need to choose my own destiny but it is good to know your experiences and especially what you all think.I believe that unions are not as strong as they used to be and it could all go south with them.Thank you guys so much and hopefully i will be able to find something that fits me.

Posted:  2 years ago

Is it good to work for unions ?

Just read your story about your LTL job so I got the answer to my question.But you said,you got lucky because LTL companies usually wont' hire students out of school.So best way to find out is to call but there is a chance no one will hire me right?

Posted:  2 years ago

Is it good to work for unions ?

6 string rhythm are all or most of LTL job night shifts or after while you might switched to day shifts?

Posted:  2 years ago

Is it good to work for unions ?

Thank you.I will definitelly look into it after my summer job.