Profile For Bruce K.

Bruce K.'s Info

Madison, WI

Rookie Solo Driver

Bruce K. On The Web

4 years, 12 months ago

Bruce K.'s Bio

I'm a 69 year old (as of 10/21) single male. Retired from a 49 year construction career and getting into driving because I've always been interested in professional driving and seeing the country.

Bruce K.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 day, 1 hour ago

Marten or Hellwig?

Jumping ship from my current company. My best offers are from Hellwig and Marten. Both companies would require me to do refrigerated. I have no problem with driving reefer. Any suggestions about what company to go with?

Posted:  1 day, 4 hours ago

What's your opinion?

Get the truck and get rid of the wife

lol

rofl-2.gif rofl-3.gif rofl-1.gif rofl-3.gif

I would get rid of the husband and get the truck! 😉

Laura

Mountain Gal, so funny. It all depends on your gender. If I was married to myself I would definitely file for a divorce

Posted:  1 day, 4 hours ago

Become city bus driver with very little class c experience , should I do it?

The advice you got from Banks and Old School is spot on.

I may have missed it but are you applying for a city bus driver or a school bus driving job? There is a nationwide shortage of school bus drivers. I would recommend that you check those opportunities out

Posted:  1 day, 8 hours ago

What's your opinion?

Get the truck and get rid of the wife

lol

Posted:  1 day, 8 hours ago

Glad hand problem

Blue left, red right. It's crazy, but it works.

That works at the front of the trailer, but not when you're connecting your dolly lines to the back of your lead.

I use red-road. The red line is closer to DC the road, the blue is closer to the curb.

Personally I think the tip from Banks is much better than your suggestion. No offense.

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

A potential "Oh, Schnitzel" moment

That road looks like a goat trail

Posted:  2 days, 10 hours ago

Supreme Court blocks vaccine mandate

I made a business card, "Medically Exempt From Wearing A Mask Due To A Preexisting Condition" on the front.

On the back, "Medical Condition? Common Sense."

I get it. So funny I can’t describe it . PackRat, I love your comments

Posted:  2 days, 15 hours ago

Poems from the road

dancing-dog.gifmsmile.gif smile.gif

Lord, I ask you to be with me ...as I travel down this road;

Here and there, and everywhere, hauling these 80K loads.

Please guide me through the traffic, and the storms along the way;

Please keep me alert when the nights are long, and grant patience, for the next day.

...and when i reach my destination, Always thankful I will be !!!

That you have been the unseen guest, riding right next to me.

(Inspired by BreakingDawn76, adapted.)

~ Anne ~

Posted:  2 days, 15 hours ago

Phone charging cords

Anne, I will check that out. Thanks. You have an IT kiddo? I might be in need of him/her on a regular basis

Posted:  2 days, 19 hours ago

Tip for Surviving the Training Miles

Think of it in terms of being sentenced to 8 weeks of jail time., that would be like a breeze Just do it and soon it will be in your rear view window

Posted:  2 days, 19 hours ago

Phone charging cords

Bruce I’ve had the same 6’ heavy duty (braided) cord for 3 years. Still going strong. Are you regularity cleaning the socket on the phone? I use a straightened-out paper clip to clean the stuff that accumulates in the socket.

Good advise/ I will check that ou

Posted:  2 days, 19 hours ago

Burnt My leg - looking for advice (including pics of the burn)

Have a one considered amputation?

Posted:  2 days, 23 hours ago

Burnt My leg - looking for advice (including pics of the burn)

Don’t drive motorcycles

Posted:  3 days, 1 hour ago

Phone charging cords

I have an I phone. I have a problem with charging cords. I buy the best ones, but they only last about a month or so. The last one I bought was guaranteed for a year but only lasted for a month. Now I carry a spare but this irritates me. I personally think all companies should provide a cell phone or pay for it in addition to driver pay since cell phones have become so essential to driving

Any advice for keeping your charging cord operating?

Posted:  3 days, 4 hours ago

Burnt My leg - looking for advice (including pics of the burn)

Jamie, how did this happen? Can you put anything like antibiotic cream on it and a bandage, even Vaseline? Then get into an urgent care facility.

Posted:  3 days, 9 hours ago

Take the Risk or Not?

You made it plain that you don’t like your father. He’s like an anchor in your life. You can choose your friends but you can’t choose your parents. Get on with your life. Put him into some kind of old geezer facility. I completely agree with Old School about relatives. I drove for 4 months and then had to take off for 2 years to care for several relatives. No thanks, no appreciation. I have two sisters who wouldn’t help. What a waste. Figure out a way to get your father in a nursing home or veterans facility. Then go drive a truck

Posted:  4 days, 2 hours ago

Will Major Foot Cramps (that temporarily may impair driving) mess up getting a trucking career going? (schooling, hiring, training, etc)

I did some research on this and found that magnesium oil might help. It’s not really an oil, rather magnesium and water. It can be applied topically

Posted:  4 days, 2 hours ago

Leo Lee, I have a trusted naturalistic practitioner who is very low cost. He helped me eliminate leg cramps. I have no financial interest in referring people to him. (Full disclosure)

However, if you contacted him it could be very beneficial for your condition. If you go to my profile, you can email me for his contact info.

Posted:  4 days, 9 hours ago

Poems from the road

Break down poem adapted from graffiti on a bathroom stall divider

Here I sit, broken hearted

Came to drive but can’t get started

Posted:  4 days, 10 hours ago

Passed my Class 1 test!

Congratulations Riccardo!

And you’re correct. There is a lot to learn. I’ve often thought that truck driving is like learning to swim by being tossed in the ocean. Sink or swim.