Profile For Joshua K.

Joshua K.'s Info

5 years, 7 months ago

Joshua K.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Paid Off Student Loan

Until you have seen what a trucker's wife goes thru day to day....guys don't have a clue. I've been on alot of Trucker wive's sites..and we had forums named :FIXING THE HOUSE, and PLUMBING 101. And I added a few...PUTTING ON TIRE CHAINS, WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUR AND THE POWER BILL WAS PAID, ITS NOT RAINING IN THE HOUSE, ITS LEAKING THRU THE ROOF...Most of these ladies had a few kids along with the house, the bills, and the trucker on the road who doesn't have a clue what she does with her time. So, yeah, i"m kinda touchy about the subject. Most men have no idea what it costs to put gorceries in the house for a month, let alone keep a budget, and rob peter to pay paul, cuz their trucker found a piece of shiney chrome that they HAD to hang on that truck...and that doesn't just go to O/O's...We have a friend who has hung about $3000.00 worth of Peterbuilt chrome on a COMPANY truck...that money could have started the college fund for one of his 6 kids...I can't even talk to him without wan't to neuter him....at the throat.. OK. I'm off the soap box....

NEXT ????

Well to be honest I already have it set up so that emily gets all but $150 dollars a week of my paycheck.. I already talked to the recruiter and got told how to set it up through their payroll once I am hired in. I am no saint I can buy stupid stuff that I don't need but I would rather give emily a new car and a house in the first 2 years than spend money on myself. Except my first 2 paycheck's :) she doesn't know it but some of those are going to pay for the ring I am going to propose to her with :) shh it's a secret

Unseen Expenses For new Driver on the road:

I've hauled "swingin' meat" in my trucker life time....as long as ya keep the reefer runnin' no one cares what meat's on the hook.......

lol so evil it's awesome rofl-3.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-1.gif

Unseen Expenses For new Driver on the road:

True Dat......especially if we have been fortunate enough to still have a few places to bury the bodies !!!!!dancing-dog.gif

Thats actually quite terrifying considering you could have the body out of state and buried before anyone new they were dead lol... and getting paid to do it... XD I seriously just looked over my shoulder lol

Unseen Expenses For new Driver on the road:

Joshua...its one of the many leftover effects of seein' to much asphalt and not enough Levi jeans hind pockets.... I used to be kinda rowdy back in the day....

But I am NOT...I repeat...NOT.........oldembarrassed.gif

Ladies like you don't get old Starcar They just get more dangerous smile.gif

Haha I took your challenge Brett. (Michigan CDL tests)

I have gotten 100% so far in everything smile.gif

Haha I took your challenge Brett. (Michigan CDL tests)

Joshua...have you finished the High Road ??? Cuz if you haven't you better get in there and do the rest. WHY ?? Cuz it will get you ahead of everyone in your class in school !! Then, while they are sweatin' the small stuff and chewin their pencils, you will be out on the pad, learning to steer and gear !!! Its happened to others who came thru here...might as well happen to you !!! Get back to studyin' young man !!!

lulz ... But momma I don't wanna study :P

Solid Copy Starcar

Big Bear Out

Paid Off Student Loan

NEXT ?????

I love my woman she's 21 I am 28 and she takes care of all the finances and the cooking cleaning laundry... so I make sure I get my ass up and take out the trash. Besides without Emily my life would be worthless. She makes a crappy day seem Awesome, but now I have to be away from her for a month at a time. So if she decides to blow some money on whatever, I don't care as long as she's happy.

Unseen Expenses For new Driver on the road:

Redgator...you're gonna haveta tell that company that you have a sister who lives in WA that has just been diagnosed with bovineomalenervousious.....now practice that before you try to say it...It means COW(bovine)BOY(male)nervous(shaky)ious(all the time). Cowboys make me shake...rofl-1.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gifsmile.gif Its not fatal unless ya marry one.....then you haveta kill em cuz ya can't stand to live with em...and you'll get the death penaltyshocked.png So you need to come out to the left coast and visit your sister before she dies....get it ??

LMAO Nice one starcar well played... well played indeed rofl-2.gif

Haha I took your challenge Brett. (Michigan CDL tests)

Well I decided to challenge myself and Brett and some other ladies and gentlemen who say you can pass the state tests by doing the High Road Training Program, I went through part of the High Road tests ( Rules and regs, Part of Driving safely, Air Brakes, Combination, some others too) and well...

I did not miss a single question at the Secretary of state! lol The manager Ms. Carrie said that was the first time she saw someone get 100% on all 3 tests!! dancing-dog.gif But in all seriousness the High Road questions were harder than the State written tests, so I am seriously happy with myself.

Now I have A DOT medical card and a Permit in hand with a Brand new drivers license!! Where are you my little Greyhound ticket!

Truck Driver's Personal Protection

I don't know about you but when I taught a woman's self defense class in college we taught 3 things first. 1) The key trick works best if you put one between each finger. 2) yell "fire", more people respond to the word fire than help.(especially amongst a bunch of trucks) 3) SING- solar plexis, instep, nose, groin. Hit all those and most men will think twice about doing that.

Also a good swift kick placed on the side of a knee cap can ruin a persons day and probably make them need a cane for a good long time.

Jason says it best.^

Guys like me usually don't worry so much about personal protection since well I am usually scarier than the guy wanting to rob me lol ( 6'3 360 lbs of mean Veteran) But the first thing you need to determine in your situation is always,

Are there multiple people trying to harm me?

Can I evade him/her/them and successfully get away with a minimal chance of injury?

If not, do I have the courage to cause serious harm possibly resulting in permanent injury or possibly death to this person/people BEFORE he/she/them has the chance to do it to me?

The biggest thing is mentality and knowing where to strike and always land the first blow.

This is just the rambling of a level 3 certified CQC Veteran US ARMY

P.S. Seriously ladies and even some of you smaller guys should watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNz06IL9wg it's funny yet it is a practical demonstration.

Prime Company Sponsored School

these companies have discovered that you will take care of and keep up with something that's yours better than if they just handed it out. Plus you now know that if you lose it they aren't giving you another without you buying it.

...and they've discovered it costs them less when they make someone else pay for it. It's a sound business strategy rofl-3.gif

Not to mention they are pretty high grade locks so far as I have heard which means your probably geting a decent discount on them.

Good hygiene and trucking

There's a product that I believe is called "no-rinse" and is marketed to truckers campers and the like that makes a quick wash do-able. also gold bond medicated powder can halp keep you fresh on those no shower days.

In iraq we called it the Baby Wipe Bath rofl-1.gif

Prime Company Sponsored School

Wow. You have to pay for their locks? 130 bucks for 3? Is that with all the companies or just Prime?

I am pretty sure that's for all companies.

Finally I can get the RIG rolling :)

If there's more than a 30 day gap they have to go through the whole employment verification BS again. That's why she's saying that

ok Thanks for clearing that up Old School!! thank-you.gif

Prime Company Sponsored School

So, PR if I'm reading you right, you say it's better NOT to have your permit before you go as you can get it pretty easily at Prime?? I've been looking at this before I go and if it's one less thing I have to do, then I Won't..

Holly told me I had to have my permit before I went...

Finally I can get the RIG rolling :)

And for those wondering, no, i do not have 1st hand experience, it's just that I know the difference between a kilt and a miniskirt!!

embarrassed.gif

hmmm no comment good-luck.gifgood-luck-2.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

Emily was a little shocked by how quickly I would be gone so we are going to wait til the next training session for me to go. She needs her quality time with me and I am going to give it to her.

Thanks guys I hope when I get there you guys are still there but if not Good Luck and Drive safe!

What's your start date?? Mine is Nov 5..

Sept 17th now. Holly told me once they get the ball rolling on verification they have 30 days once I am verified to get me in to the school which I am wondering if shes lying or not...

When you go home.......

This thread made me have a dream last night about going home with my truck. rofl-2.gif

Careful Daniel, you don't want wifey to know your dreaming about anyone but her...rofl-2.gif

Haha!

Awwww so cute. You dreamed about me;-) Lol jk

Sorry red sorry.gif I feel like someone might crack a butt joke and I for one am not going to get slapped dancing-dog.gifrofl-3.gifrofl-1.gif

The Plan... lol

Just an FYI for you guys and to swap knowledge on saving methods or good mutual funds.

average solo trucker with 1-2 yrs exp makes roughly 45k a year right?

Emily my gf makes roughly 30k a year which handles all of our home expenses our plan is fairly simple while I am on the road I am only going to have $150 per week deposited in my checking account for my expenses ($7800 per year) that leaves roughly 36-37k of my paycheck alone which in turn we decided to invest 30k of my pay into our mutual funds the extra 6-7k will go to our savings account which we capped last year at 25k then we put 20k of it into our mutual fund.

Hopefully in the next 10 years our mutual fund will hit 300k + (with interest we calculated it to be roughly 342k) but the point is in 10 years Emily won't have to work and I can just drive as a hobby that pays for itself and my other toys lol

Am I the only one with a plan like this? I don't think I am but I wanted to get everyone elses take on it.

I know there is also things you can't account for sudden job loss, injuries, accidents, etc,etc.. But DAMN IT THIS IS A FLUFFY BUNNY CONVERSATION. By that I mean hopes and dreams with a little bit of reality thrown in like "money-management" haha I know right?

Finally I can get the RIG rolling :)

embarrassed.gif

hmmm no comment good-luck.gifgood-luck-2.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

Finally I can get the RIG rolling :)

Well I got a Pre-hire from Prime. Turns out they do a nation wide MVR check and my driving record came back clean :) I had already told them about my incident but they couldn't find any record of it. The Judge actually made it drop off my record after 3 years so now I am going for some more Pre-hire's.. Holly my recruiter wanted me to come Sept 10th but alas I had to order a certified copy of my birth certificate before I can go. lol Nothing but that and money is stopping me lol

Thank you for everyone who offered advice on my situation. With out you guys pointing me in the right direction I couldn't have gotten this far :)