Comments By IDMtnGal

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0597407001621574258-69571.jpg avatar
  • IDMtnGal
  • Comments:

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

3 dot non recordable accidents

Within the first year I believe you’re screwed by most mega’s because they can’t hire you because of insurance. I could be wrong.

But for real don’t hit nothing else. Try your best to think before you act. Watch bone head truckers and see how truckers every week have accidents in the most insane ways and learn.

Your second option is owner operator but you’re likely not fit to take up your own with no proven experience.

I’m definitely saving to own my truck outright these companies have to many rules for me. Luckily with what the gig I landed recently I’ll have my truck paid off in three years to avoid these carriers who will ding you for minor accidents.

You can say a driver is basically non-hire-able but everyone deserves to have a fair shot at getting better. You didn’t hit anyone or injure anyone. It’s amazing how mega’s will do everything to stop a rookie from even improving. There is countless stories on here and truck report of drivers who had three accidents or more only to land a job through luck and never had a accident again.

But these mega’s will literally make that most will give up by their standards. But I’ll say this OP no more accidents man. You gotta nail it down if you land a new gig.

Leeva804,

Even tho you've been on the road just over a year, you still have a LOT to learn.

You are wrong about the megas. Most of them are self-insured, so incidents are covered by them. Kearsey had a number of accidents and she is still with Prime. Also, your comment about "mega’s will do everything to stop a rookie from even improving", is just plain bunk. So, they invest all that money in trainees just to keep them from becoming drivers?? Are you for real?? That's just the stupidest comment I've heard. You need to get more experience out here!

The 2d option of being an OO is not an option for him at all. He still has more learning to do. IF he could get insurance, it would be insanely high.

You are wrong again. He WAS given 2 chances and then he had a 3d accident. What we don't know is his attitude with Safety at Wilson. While it is good here on TT, we don't have their side of the story. Something happened to cause Wilson to cut their losses and let him go.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Bad News Good News

Flatbed with JB?

Yes, they have flatbed...a couple years ago they were dedicated routes. They have a few hoppers and bull racks out of the Cedar Rapids account. They also have a few reefers.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Anyone else use a Garmin

First time using a Garmen, had more problems with it in 3 weeks then I ever had with a qualcomm.

Which model do you have?

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Get on the road!

Long weekends? Who has those? XD

LOL! Me! I ran 12,624 actual miles in March and 13,321 in April when I started keeping track of my miles.

I went to a dairy goat show on Sunday in Boise and am still off til tomorrow when I pick up my cheese load and head to Greensboro NC.

smile.gif

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Trying to get back into truck driving.

Howdy!

Welcome to Trucking Truth!

You will have to go thru a refresher at the very least.

Go thru our Study Materials

Study Materials

Then, use our One and Done app to apply to companies.

One and Done

Others will be along and will give you more info. I took a 22 yr hiatus from the road while taking care of my Traumatic Brain Injured husband. I went to a school, paying for it myself. NOT the best way to go. Company sponsored is far better.

Holler if you have more questions.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Advice please

1099s are for owner ops/lease ops. If you go that route, you are responsible for different expenses. A company driver can only be a W2 employee. So, these companies are trying to pull a fast one. Steer clear of them.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Good bye Pepsi

And also some of the people in this thread lol good lord what is happening around here.

What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with any of us.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

I-15 just south of Tremont, UT

0128941001622181164.jpg

0858865001622181258.jpg

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Taking family while training

Ms. Laura .. I hope Tammy is doing well in and with her choices, and stops by here more often.

I'll help when & how I can, but it's kinda out of my wheelhouse.

Hope you work this out, Tammy!

~ Anne ~

Anne,

Never heard from her.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Drive for owner/op of small sub

Do company driver for Prime for one year, then consider those other options.

While I would hope LOs would be vetted better at Prime than other companies, leasing is still NOT the way to go and you could end up on the short end of the stick like I was with a leasor to the company I'm with now...being owed $1800.00+ in wages.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Work Zone Speed Limits

There WERE a few workers with the spotlights...even at 1100…

Just Ohio? Idk.

Anne

No, many States do road construction at night...probably because of less traffic.

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Rob T. Near KCMO??

Hey Rob T.

I just stopped in Boonville MO to wash my windshield and see you are just outside of KCMO. Do you get down that way very often?? I'll be going thru there about 0030.

Junkyard Dog...I'll wave as I go by ;-)

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Just had Surgery, and applying for CDL-A paid school. DOT drug testing.

My surgery in March 2021 was no issue at all. Passed my drug test. At 53 after cancer diagnosis, contemplating on retiring now. Life is short.

I am so sorry to hear that!! Yes, life is short. If, after 5 yrs you are still cancer free and want to work, think about driving then. Lots of us started in our 60s.

Best wishes to you.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

What is the purpose of nose diving spots at truck stops?

1. Too tired and it's usually about 1-2 a.m. when I park, so can be really dark when I park. Usually less trucks in a truck stop during the day, easier to see and be seen when backing out.

2. Closer to grass/dirt for Monty

0858450001621705314.jpg Monty eating a T-bone from his favorite friend 😁

3. I run a reefer on continuous usually. Lets other have a quieter night.

4. Nunnya

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Wyoming: I-80, I-25, US85 Start 5/24

Got this text message from WYODOT on Friday:

I80/I25/US85: Roadwork beginning May 24, 2021. WYDOT crews will be striping pavement. Expect delays and be prepared to slow down. 21 MAY 2021

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Can a drop lot be completely empty?

I'm just hazarding a guess, but I would say that Roehl no longer uses that lot. An empty lot doesn't concern me near as much as the locked gates do.

Call the office and ask them.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Where’s everyone at what’s you 20 how’s the weather??

Mt Olive NC....pickle capital of the world ;-) Waiting on my load. 1801 is mtn daylight time...its 8:10 NC time.

0205621001621641784.jpg

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Eye Candy

Salt Lake City, UT

0260958001621574644.jpg

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Trailers

It allows them to carry more weight. I believe a third axle allows up to 104,000 lbs...but don't quote me on that weight ;-)

They've been around for quite a while. I've seen 3 & 4 axles on Wilson's trucks up in the Pacific Northwest previous to when I started 7 years ago.

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago