Profile For millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador)

millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador)'s Info

millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador)'s Bio

Became homeless in 2016 and looking to get back into trucking to get myself out of this situation. I figured this site is by far the best route to get myself out of this situation and back into making some good money so I can buy me a house, a car, and have a better life where I can finally be alone. As of June 9th 2017, I have been accepted to restart my CDL training with CRST Expedited Trucking out of what is now going to be my new hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA (at least for BARE MINIMUM 1 year). As of June 30th, 2017 I have now REACQUIRED my Class A Iowa CDL through NADTA (North American Driver Training Academy) and CRST. Also as of 01/04/2018, I have now been approved through CRST's Safety Department to become a Lead Driver which is our version of a trainer. I have now as of 04:00PM CST on January 12, 2018 been officially certified as a Lead Driver. I thank everyone here at this site for their support that they have given me to restart my journey. I have prayed to God and he has answered my prayers. Maybe when I save up enough cash to buy a home, I want to move to somewhere with a low cost of living and low crime rate with plenty of Apple Stores nearby and have a reasonably nice home, nothing too extravagant.

millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador)'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Downstream Affect of Laziness and/or Ambivalence

How many of you know what this clear light is and what it’s for? If so equipped found on the front wall, near the driver’s side of the trailer. Usually visible in the side mirror.

I’d like to give the newbies and rookies a chance to answer before opening it up to everyone...

0929669001544058222.jpg

There is a point to be made that involves all of us; either giving or receiving. I’ll give it some time.

To be continued...

Tire inflation system on the trailer? That’s what that Meritor label said.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Status Update

You're welcome, MillionMiler, you're definitely an inspiration.

I do what I can. 😀

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Prime CDL Training

It’s a condo, lots of space. smile.gif

That’s cool. I love the space of a condo. Since I am a Lead Driver with CRST I have to have a Condo size truck. I love the space I have but I really wish I had a KW or a Pete.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Prime CDL Training

Thanks everyone! My truck is now clean, the fridge has been bought and installed, all other things have been fixed. So now I have to go to Walmart and get some supplies, load them on the truck, and get a load heading home for a few days. I’m ready for some R&R.

PJ, mine is a nice truck but it will never, in its wildest dreams, be as nice as yours. lol

Elizabeth, welcome!

Ernie, it was nice talking to you this morning. Did you get a chance to check out Tamarack while you were in Beckley?

Thank you all for your support and encouragement over the last several months. I appreciate you all and this site so much.

Kim? Did they give ya an LW or a Condo? It’s hard to tell from the pics but still it’s a beautiful truck. 😀

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Status Update

Hello All

I have shared along the way about my military service possibly coming to the end for medical reasons and starting a new career of OTR truck'n. Well after a few very stressful months (14 to be exact), I found out yesterday that I can stay on active duty for 2 more years and get my regular army retirement. So, I won't be joining your ranks in the near future, but I will most definitely keep reading blogs and learning more of the lifestyle.

Safe Travels Chris

Thanks so much for your service. It’s truly much appreciated. 😀

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Status Update

I'm with you, Army. I'm ready but I'm waiting for the right time with my current job. Also like you, I will continue to follow everyone here until I can also make the switch and then I'll share my journey as well.

Thanks so much for your help during my training also Han Solo Cup. You were an instrumental in my training especially when you helped me convert that pre trip guide to pdf. I look forward to your diary on here when you are ready to start your journey. 😀

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Break

Overnight parking at a Walmart is not automatic. Many times Walmart does not own the lot.

I strongly suggest speaking to a manager to ask for permission to park for an extended period of time (anything beyond a standard 30 minute break). Do this after purchasing something, it might soften-up a hard nosed manager.

If only Apple Stores had truck parkin. 😊

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Hopefully back driving soon

Schneider has a great dryvan division, I've been running solo for Schneider (dryvan) since early September of this year. They also offer tanker and flatbed (small fleet I might add, only seen it in certain areas) so you could always switch after getting experience without going to another company for example.

This is exactly why I am in agreeance with the Moderators on here that it’s a much better idea to work for a mega carrier because they will have more opportunities for advancement. They will have accounts you would want to do and you don’t have to change companies you can get a great start with one of the Paid CDL Training Programs and then get your experience with that same company eventually moving on up to your dream truckin job without ever changin companies. 😀

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !!!

Happy Thanksgiving! Schneider actually routed me back to my home OC so I got to visit family with my wife. I was expecting to work as I told my DBL that when I got my home time last week. But I'm glad!

Happy Thanksgivin. 😀

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Incidents keeping me from working

You should probably include what the incidents are so the fine members of TT can better help you. smile.gif

Yes, Jamie is right. We need 100% of the facts before we can offer assistance or advice on what to do or where to go. 😀

Posted:  1 month ago

I'll be driving your brand-new truck before you do!

I spent the whole day yesterday in the drivers lounge. Good place to hear from other drivers and Terminal Rats. If you can decipher what your new "friends" will tell you, you can get good information. Just be careful about negative stuff. So, millionmiler24 drops this:

Any Freightshakers or Intertrashionals are Royal PITA**es.

I laughed. One driver had come in and sat near me. When he found out I was a newbie, he offered a Secret of the Ages:

Don't drive any Internationals (proStars)!

So I guess we are in agreement then? 😀

👍 Yup!

Kenworths and Peterbilts are my favorite trucks so far. 😀

Posted:  1 month ago

I'll be driving your brand-new truck before you do!

Any Freightshakers or Intertrashionals are Royal PITA**es.

Don't drive any Internationals (proStars)!

So I guess we are in agreement then? 😀

Posted:  1 month ago

I'll be driving your brand-new truck before you do!

Good luck Errol. My new truck had 18 miles on it.. the distance it was driven from the dealership, around town to test it out and bring it to our terminal in Cedar Rapids. My other half? His new truck had about 1700 miles on it so it was definitely used to tow a few more trucks. Oh yeah and his had some mysterious sticky crap all on the dash and cabinets.. whatever it was discolored it lol so someone wasn't too careful..

Have fun. The 2019 cascadias are a PITA.

Any Freightshakers or Intertrashionals are Royal PITA**es.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Doubles Endorsement

I just studied (and passed on the first time out) the T Doubles/ Triples endorsement. Of course I used the High Road.

JuiceBox is right, the old questions come back to haunt you. But remember you just might get another go at the General Knowledge part. Test review can't be all bad.

I totally agree with this. Reviewin that material is only helpin you out in the long run. Ya never know if ya forgot something or if something has changed since you got your CDL. That’s why I am glad the High Road CDL Training Program is designed the way it is. It keeps things fresh in your mind.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Any updates, Jeramy?

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

So, what are the practical advantages of flatbedding for all it's hardships?

I'm convinced old school is just part Android or something haha. I can only hope to be able to be in that good of health and shape at that age. Indeed an inspiration.

No Old School is an inspiration to ALL truck drivers no matter the division. He has quite possibly the best work ethic, the most motivation and the most raw tenacity to get this job done. If I was to ever go flatbed he would be my 1st choice for a trainer or mentor. Old School if we haven’t said it enough, thanks for your service on here and to this industry. You sir are an honest to God Living Legend and I would love to meet you someday and buy you lunch. 😀

thank-you.gifsmile.gifthank-you-2.gif

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

You were in my shoes once so pay it forward.

I meant program, man this phone is killing me. rofl-3.gif

Ya runnin Android? Just read my diary and you will see the Android struggle is real. Now I am iOS to the core and won’t look back.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Newbie observations after about 2 months in with CRST.

I'm a brand new driver with CRST. I'm 48 years old and this is my 3rd career in life (Army>IT>Trucker).

First of all let me say that I'm enjoying this much more than I thought I would. I'm stuck at home right now (more on that later) and can't wait to get back on the road. There have been times in my life when I wanted to go to work but I really cant remember when, my Army days (some days) I guess. But with this I'm really enjoying the drive, love the challenge, I'm having a great time while i'm moving. I hit my first 700+ mile day and it felt like I just finished a marathon (yes I've run a marathon, never again).

My training was in Cedar Rapids, IA. If you're expecting 5 star accommodations you're going to be disappointed. The food provided sucks, bring extra money for food if you can. 3 people to a room, the rooms and other facilities are kept clean but your roommates could make or break your experience here. I lucked out and had a couple of very respectful roommates for my time in training. As far as the training goes I would have to say it's good for the scope of what you're there for. They're not training you to be a truck driver, they're training you to pass the 3 DOT tests to get your CDL.

They hooked me up with a Lead Driver as soon as I was hired and we took off the next day. I spent 3 weeks with him and he was a good trainer for the most part. He did have a tendency to disregard the details that came over the qualcom that I don't plan to repeat. But if I know enough to see that I can do better in this area I don't need training on it. My biggest stress was backing and he spent a lot of time working on it with me. It's still my biggest stress but getting better at it.

After my trainer I hooked up with my co driver. I met her in class (yes they put 2 noobs out on the road). It went well and we were running great until she had family issues back home and had to ditch me. I don't blame her, you have to make family first and she did make sure I was close enough to my home that CRST would let me deadhead to the house. That's where I sit now.

Currently I need a co driver. I have a brand new Freightliner sitting in my driveway just begging to run long miles. Any CRST drivers, or anyone who might want to join CRST and run long and hard please hit me up. If you want home time more than once a quarter I may not be right for you.

Where do you declare residency?

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Thinking about dumping my corporate job

Also you will want to check these out:

Especially make sure you read Brett’s book befor jumpin head first into this. It’s a legendary read and will give ya great insight into the industry.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Thinking about dumping my corporate job

I believe two moderators on the site have been with swift for awhile, one of them is even an instructor. Im sure they'll reply, only a matter of time!

You would be correct. G-Town runs Wal-Mart dedicated for Swift out of their Pottsville PA DC and Errol V is an instructor at the Memphis Drivin Academy. They are two extremely top tier drivers with Swift and definitely two of the best people to give advice on here about Swift. If I was still new and drove with Swift I would want one of them as my mentor. 😀