Profile For millionmiler24

millionmiler24's Info

millionmiler24's Bio

Became homeless in 2016 and looking to get back into trucking to get myself out of this situation. I figured this site is by far the best route to get myself out of this situation and back into making some good money so I can buy me a house, a car, and have a better life where I can finally be alone. As of June 9th 2017, I have been accepted to restart my CDL training with CRST Expedited Trucking out of what is now going to be my new hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA (at least for BARE MINIMUM 1 year). As of June 30th, 2017 I have now REACQUIRED my Class A Iowa CDL through NADTA (North American Driver Training Academy) and CRST. Also as of 01/04/2018, I have now been approved through CRST's Safety Department to become a Lead Driver which is our version of a trainer. I have now as of 04:00PM CST on January 12, 2018 been officially certified as a Lead Driver. I thank everyone here at this site for their support that they have given me to restart my journey. I have prayed to God and he has answered my prayers. Maybe when I save up enough cash to buy a home, I want to move to Louisville, KY and have a reasonably nice home, nothing too extravagant.

millionmiler24's Photo Gallery

Posted:  3 days, 4 hours ago

Thinking about dumping my corporate job

Also you will want to check these out:

Especially make sure you read Brett’s book befor jumpin head first into this. It’s a legendary read and will give ya great insight into the industry.

Posted:  3 days, 5 hours ago

Thinking about dumping my corporate job

I believe two moderators on the site have been with swift for awhile, one of them is even an instructor. Im sure they'll reply, only a matter of time!

You would be correct. G-Town runs Wal-Mart dedicated for Swift out of their Pottsville PA DC and Errol V is an instructor at the Memphis Drivin Academy. They are two extremely top tier drivers with Swift and definitely two of the best people to give advice on here about Swift. If I was still new and drove with Swift I would want one of them as my mentor. 😀

Posted:  4 days, 10 hours ago

Post Accident Training

I had to watch a video about defensive driving which i have seen, but I gladly watched it again as a reminder as i wish to learn from my mistakes to hopefully prevent them in the future.

He also had me backup 3 times to see what i do, such as looking in my mirrors, G.O.A.L (made sure I walked around). He gave me tips that will make backing easier, it was related to the way I was doing my setup.

Over all, I feel better. Learned some new things I didn't know before.

There ya are Jamie. Ya see? I guess me prayin for ya helped ya out. 😀 Glad to do it. 😀

Posted:  4 days, 10 hours ago

Alcohol at dinner

Ok as Rick Harrison on Pawn Stars would say:

DON’T DO IT!

In my professional opinion if you possess a CDL it’s NEVER ok to have anything alcoholic. Why would you ever want to take that chance?

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Can't seem to catch a break

Just came off my 34 hour reset, sitting at a shop to get my trailer brakes fixed, as they aren't releasing properly rofl-1.gif

Hey Jamie I will be glad to pray for you so you can catch a break finally. 😀

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Equipment

Lemme tell you a little story. Once upon a time, I drove for a company that had many, many International ProStars in their fleet. They had bought a glut of them because they were much cheaper up front than the Volvos and Freightliners and Peterbilts they had been buying.

At first, things were fine. And then, mysteriously, about 18 months later, the company's maintenance and breakdown expenses started rapidly increasing. It took them a little while to figure out what was happening, but it eventually fell into place. All of those wonderfully inexpensive Internationals were suffering frequent breakdowns. Parts were failing prematurely at an alarming rate. Sensors, turbos, bearings, fan hubs, compressors, you name it. In just 24 months, maintenance and repair costs had gone up 25%, and it was all the Internationals.

They went away as fast as the company could unload them after that.

The moral of the story is, when it comes to an International, don't walk away. Run. Run fast. Run far.

So true Fatsquatch. I couldn't have said it better myself. That's why they call Internationals Inter"trash"ionals. They are absolutely the worst trucks on the road. They are like the Dodge vehicles, very unreliable and they are also like Toyota Corollas, slow as heck especially with the Maxxforce engines.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Equipment

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know what make and model of semi is the best in terms of comfort, controls, durability, and longevity. I was wandering around YouTube and heard a guy claim that freightliners breakdown more often than Pete's or is because their built with less sturdy construction . Not trying to start WW3 just wanting a general consensus. When I was working the truck gate, the Pete's and kws and occasionally a Volvo would catch my eye as an impressive looking truck but I'm not going for looks. The two companies I'm considering use Pete's, freightliners, and internationals.

Trucks ranked from best to worst that I have driven:

1. Kenworths 2. Peterbilts (Close 2nd) 3. Volvo’s 4. Freightliners aka Freightshakers 5. Internationals aka Intertrashionals (distant last)

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

CRST experiences

Not only that, but codrivers are not paid to train you. relying on them too much and expecting them to get out of bed during their 10 hr break to help you constantly can cause resentment.

So true.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

CRST experiences

It’s okay. I look forward to joining with CRST. I feel with a team there will be a lot of gaining experience on the road & a second set of eyes for safety. Thank you for the starter kit links.

Sorry I didn’t make the connection, you’ve been here a while and already know CRST is all team.

This here is one of the main reasons I love CRST. Havin your co-driver there to spot ya, even as an experienced driver comes in so handy and will help prevent accidents. However havin said that, don’t rely on your co driver all the time. Even if they say you are good to go still GOAL even if you are the LEAST bit unsure.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

CRST experiences

Millionmiler24s CRST diary

That link will give you all the information you need about my experiences. Brett if you can think of any others that may work also do let me know and post them in a reply here. Thanks. 😀

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Transgender Trucker

I’m a transgender male who will be getting into CRST school on September 10. I know I’m suppose to have a team driver and I was hoping to meet anyone who just started with CRST or is going to earn their CDL through them that are also transgender. I feel that I would be more comfortable with someone who is no matter girl or boy or anyone who is okay with a transgender. If anyone would like to team with me, let me know. I’m very friendly, hardworking, and organized. I also vape so if you don’t smoke and that will bother you, that’s something to consider. Thanks everyone.

Happy trucking 🙂

I consider myself the “Ambassador” for CRST here on TruckingTruth and would be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding CRST. I am also very open to other people and will NEVER judge you for who you are. I seriously don’t believe you will have to worry about being judged there at all. They are all open people who respect each other at least everyone I have ever met at CRST is. If you are open to teaming then CRST is a great choice for you. 😀

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

A Decision Made

Don I completely understand, my Mom turns 89 tomorrow...

Truth be told; one of the several motivators why Walmart Dedicated appealed to me...I’m never more that 250 miles from home.

Susan is doing great at WestSide, I’m sure you will to.

Good luck!

Not only that but West Side's HQ is only a block away from CRSTs in Cedar Rapids IA. Maybe I could meet ya sometime. 😁

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Keeping a level head

One of my biggest fears happened on the road, my brother had died yesterday morning. I got the call when i was driving on i5 headed to Portland, OR. Regardless of the feelings it brought to me, I had to keep a level head to keep myself and others safe on the road.

It's a hard part of being away from home. Thankfully we have a terminal up here so I can drop the truck and fly home. Be safe everyone.

You and your family have my most heartfelt condolences. Yall are in my prayers. If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

Posted:  1 month ago

Can a walmart manager make you move your truck

You can legally drive off duty to the nearest safe haven, truck stop or rest area. Her is a link to the FMCSA explanation.

CRSTs trucks are not set up for that.

Posted:  1 month ago

Can a walmart manager make you move your truck

Josh, there's a common misconception that you can't be forced to leave if you are out of hours. I don't know where people came up with that idea, but it's simply not true. Private property is private property. They don't have to let you do anything. If someone ran out of hours and parked in your driveway, could you ask them to leave? Of course you could.

Before you even start your drive shift you should have a rough idea of where you're going to park later on. I understand that plans change as the day goes on, so you have to constantly update your trip plan as you go.

If you think you may be staying at a Walmart, give them a call before you get there to make sure it's all right.

"Hi I need to stop and do some shopping, and was wondering if I could stay the night on a back corner of your lot?"

That polite question has gotten me many a quiet trouble free night at a Walmart. Even if their policy prevents them from letting you stay, they often know of other areas to park.

The Walmart in Sidney NE on I-80 Exit 59 has legit truck overnight parking. I wont park somewhere unless they have legit truck spaces.

Posted:  1 month ago

Debating if I should join CRST ?

Speaking of CRST, has anyone heard anything from Jeremy lately?

I keep in touch with him from time to time. He has gotten a job in the coding industry so pretty much back to IT for him. He wanted me to thank yall for all the advice and help through his journey with us at CRST and TT however he decided trucking was not for him.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

CR England: End of the road, what comes next

And then came crst

Are you currently at NADTA in Cedar Rapids now?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trainers Deal Breakers

My rules...

Don't pee into a bottle while driving my truck. I'll drive you right back to a terminal.

If you are exhausted, park for 2 hours and take a nap. i can change an appointment time or drive when my hours come back.

GOAL. If you don't, my license isn't affected, the accident goes on your DAC.

If you follow the GPS instead of the atlas and my written directions, don't expect me to get you out of the situation. once solo you will have to figure it out so you.might as well start now.

Wake me if you need to, but do your best to try to analyze the problem, come up.with options.

Im a ghost the last week. i drive and that is it. ezpect to do all the work.

If you kill me, expect me to haunt you until the end of time.

other than that, lets have a great time!!!

rofl-3.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-1.gif

Smashes invisible like button for this response.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Help needed for applying to new company

Hello guys. Please take your time and help me out. I was at prime inc. I passed everything drugs medical etc and got 95% marks in CDL permit. My trainer didn't let me drive enough on the road and kept shouting while i was on the steering wheel. I bear everything and cleaned his truck in hoping he will teach me. But he gave review that I can not drive trucks.. Now prime inc is sending me home. Please tell me can I apply to some other company. And what should I tell them why I didn't get hired by prime. And I don't even know how much money I hv to payback to prime inc.

Please reply. I m very worried. I left my previous job and now I m jobless. What if I try PAM. Please give me advise. Thank u

Your best bet first of all so you know what to expect out here or at the very least have a general idea is read these links:

Also then after that make sure that you

with as many companies as possible and see who will pick ya up.

Posted:  2 months ago

Another couple of milestones truckin helped me reach.

Hey, congrats man! That's an amazing accomplishment - Drivers Of The Month. You have to be super proud of that for sure.

I know some people might not think this makes a lot of sense as a truck driver however I am setting myself up for my future.

The best setup for the future is cash in the bank! Cash is king. When you're out of cash, you're out of business and out of your house. Remember, cash in the bank trumps everything else. Good credit with no cash to make payments is no good. So don't be in a rush to buy things. You can establish great credit with a very small credit card and a small car payment.

Cash is king! Say it 100 times a day.

smile.gif

For sure. I am so lucky to have a legendary great co driver and fleet manager and yall here at TT to keep me on the right path. Not to worry Brett, I still got cash in the bank. I wont let myself go broke. When I was homeless I was broke for well over a year. I NEVER want to go through that again. I don't even plan to buy a house until I get this car paid off, that way I can pay on this, continue to save up cash and then have a sizable down payment saved up for a home while still havin money left in the bank for both savings and emergencies and I will have good credit to boot. As long as I stay responsible with this I should be fine. If ya have any more suggestions or if anyone else does feel free to let me know. Yall have never steered me wrong before. I always value and appreciate yalls advice. That's why I love yall so much. 😁