Profile For millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador and MOST LOYAL DRIVER)

millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador and MOST LOYAL DRIVER)'s Info

millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador and MOST LOYAL DRIVER)'s Bio

Became homeless in 2016 and looking to get back into trucking to get myself out of this situation. I figured this site is by far the best route to get myself out of this situation and back into making some good money so I can buy me a RV and live the Van/RV life and have a better life or just get a house and a 4WD/AWD vehicle somewhere where I can finally be alone. As of June 9th 2017, I have been accepted to restart my CDL training with CRST Expedited Trucking out of what is now going to be my new hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA (at least for BARE MINIMUM 1 year). As of June 30th, 2017 I have now REACQUIRED my Class A Iowa CDL through NADTA (North American Driver Training Academy) and CRST. Also as of 01/04/2018, I have now been approved through CRST's Safety Department to become a Lead Driver which is our version of a trainer. I have now as of 04:00PM CST on January 12, 2018 been officially certified as a Lead Driver. As of February 15, 2019, I have been officially certified at our highest level a driver can go: Senior Lead Driver. I thank everyone here at this site for their support that they have given me to restart my journey. I have prayed to God and he has answered my prayers. Maybe when I save up enough cash, I would like to live what's called the Van Life when I retire and travel the country. I am considering purchasing an RV or a Van that has been converted into a RV to do this. Its tough with livin costs risin all over the country, plus I have trouble makin up my mind on where I want to live, or I may just buy a house and 4WD vehicle somewhere. I can’t make up my mind on how I want to handle that aspect of my life.

millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador and MOST LOYAL DRIVER)'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  5 days ago

Never Forget - 9/11

Also forgot to mention: THANKS to ALL veterans, police, fire dept, paramedics, and ALL first responders. THANK YALL FOR YALLS SERVICE. We will NEVER FORGET.

Posted:  5 days ago

Never Forget - 9/11

Life can change so drastically in one single moment. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today, and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never ever take one second for granted. Remember and honor all these brave Heroes on 9/11... Never forget. God Bless the families who suffered loss resulting from that attack. Never forget...take nothing for granted, cherish every moment. Peace my friends.

I don't believe there is ever ANYTHING truer in life than the above words. I remember 09/11/2001 as if it was yesterday.

Disclaimer: What I am about to tell yall CANNOT LEAVE THIS FORUM NO QUESTIONS ASKED:

09/11/2001, I was in my 2nd period World Geography class at my High School in the 9th grade. I remember an administrator was wheeling TVs into every classroom so we can see this unfold live and the bell had just rang and I was getting my stuff ready to head to my next class and I had found out that the 3rd plane had hit at the Pentagon. When I saw this, I literally couldn't move for almost 2 minutes because I was in shock. My uncle who at the time was an intelligence analyst for the DIA or Defense Intelligence Agency. For almost 2 hours I was so worried about my uncle that I couldn't concentrate and it truly affected my work that day. Thank God though that my Dad had sent my brother to come get me that day and pull me out of school during my 4th period Spanish class in school. I was glad to get home that day because when I did, my Dad told me that the plane had struck the Pentagon 40ft from where my uncle's office was. My uncle had called my Dad about 15 min before I got home and told him he was ok and not a scratch on him. God was with him that day, thats for sure. I was in JROTC all 4 years of high school and I knew I loved this country before but 09/11/2001 had supercharged my patriotism levels to where they are at today. I don't like to discuss this on here, however G-Town's above words inspired me to. School had just started for us also and every Wednesday I called my uncle to talk to him and tell him I love him and that I was glad he was ok. At that time my uncle was living in Virginia and I was with my Mom, Dad and brother in Texas.

Anyway to everyone on here: Read my above passage and ESPECIALLY pay attention to G=Towns words above and take that advice for sure. I always believe EVERY DAY IS A GIFT. Whether or not there are special people in your life, Cherish EVERY moment you have on this Earth. Yall never know when it could be yalls last.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Who should go first!

Idiot O/Os like that is the reason I don’t own a CB or will never allow one in my truck.

You must not have read the story Old School told recently of how a CB saved a man's life and a truck from being hit by a train. CB's save lives. They're a critical tool that every driver should have.

Can you link me to it please. I would like to read it please. Thanks.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Who should go first!

I had an interesting situation yesterday when I was heading into the TA Truck stop in Columbia, NJ. I was making a left turn into the truck stop to get fuel and park I was facing west oppsite me was long nose Peat that was stopped and waiting no blinker on. The in the entrance was a while Kennworth waiting to turn right. Since the Kennworth need to turn right and I was effectively blocking him from making a wide right turn so that his Tandums wouldn't clip the curb. As some of you that are familiar with that truck stop if you get off the exit heading east you cross the bridge and road curves to the right and you can't see the entrance till you are almost on top of it. I didn't see the Kennworth until I was almost even with the entrance if I have I would have stopped short so he could make the turn. So I figured since the Pete was stopped and the Kennworth couldn't turn till I got out of his way I made a wide left turn into the entrance and that gave the Kennworth enough space to make his turn. As I was turning I waved to the Pete driver just to say thanks for letting go in front of him. Well Mr D@#sh bag Pete gets on the CB and starts cussing me out because I turned in before the Kennworth got out. I guess D#@shBag Pete stopped to let the Kennworth out. Since the Pete didn't have his turn signal on I wasn't sure what his intentions were. I figured I got clear then traffic wouldn't be held up and the Kennworth wouldn't run the risk of clipping his Tandums on the curb. Well I got into the fuel pumps but not after exchanging some choice words with Mr. D#@sh Bag Pete. I guess my question would be who should have gone first? I was thinking the "Right before Left" rule since I was to the Kennworth's right I went first. Or should I have just stayed put and let the Kennworth turn and he possibly clipping his Tandums on the curb? Oh and since the Kennworth was already in the entrance the Pete couldn't have made the turn into the entrance without him clipping the curb on the left side.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

2nd chance jobs

I got fired for... parking on a exit ramp

Is this common? I'd read that sometimes a cop will come along and ask the driver to move, but didn't have a sense that one's job would be at risk of being terminated for it.

Unless it’s a DIRE EMERGENCY, CRST will issue you 100 Lytx points and then you will be terminated.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Wow guyz!!! My inbox is full and texts unread!

Wow wow wow.... and thank you. i never expected to get that kind of response. I still havent sorted through my emails.

hugs and kisses to you all.

Truth is, i may be moving to springfield and getting an in house job. I feel really fat and need to spend as much time as possible losing weight. So i changed my diet completely and am walking as much as possible. i have been searching for apartments and trying to talk my mom into moving out there too She is 80 and stubborn.

A friend told me to YouTube my weight loss so that I held myself accountable with that..... but I recorded some trucking videos first lol

Truckin Along with Kearsey

im sure you will get some laughs!

thank-you-2.gif

I subscribed to ya and hit that bell to be notified of new videos. 😜

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Time sure does fly when you're having fun!

The color is... Can you guess? Black!

My absolute favorite color. 😜

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Susan D. :

I just saw this. My trainee and I were at our new lot south of town so she could get some backing practice then later were at the terminal in town for the night. Our load wasn't ready til after 1400 Sunday, so we were there quite a while before we headed back to Chicago. We are going to have to swap contact info so we can meet up one of these days.

Does West Side allow pets in the truck?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

I'm Back From My Trip

What would happen to TT if ya did?

A lot more cab-overs. dancing-banana.gif

Sorry but I missed the joke here. Please enlighten me here

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

I'm Back From My Trip

That’s funny you guys both mentioned me moving here. I just sent an email to someone saying that I’ll probably wait one more day before I decide but I’m pretty sure I’m gonna move here forever and marry the first girl that kisses me on both cheeks.

It is truly remarkable here.

Fortunately I can still run Trucking Truth just the same. All I need is an Internet connection.

I hear ya but would we ever get to meet ya? If ya moved there it certainly would lower our chances of that happenin. You would end up bein more elusive than OS.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

I'm Back From My Trip

I guess it was a coincidence that you guys revived this thread because I’m on another trip. I thought maybe someone saw that on the GPS tracker. I’m in Chamonix, France for the next two weeks. I’ve only been here one day but I’m already thinking about moving here forever.

How is it out there. Hopefully ya dont move there because we'd miss ya. What would happen to TT if ya did? I basically started the revival of this thread just to let yall know I am no longer on Instagram. I was tryin to remember where I let people here know about my Twitter page and I found it here.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

I'm Back From My Trip

Not a Facebook user...

Same here. I am only on Twitter and the Gram @millionmiler24

No longer on Instagram due to privacy concerns. Just Twitter only now as of this mornin.

You can't hide from the Qualcomm, though!

True that.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

I'm Back From My Trip

Not a Facebook user...

Same here. I am only on Twitter and the Gram @millionmiler24

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Susan D. :

It will happen one day. Just got to find the right time.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Susan D. :

I see you are in Cedar Rapids. I head back out tomorrow. If ya wanted to meet me I am free the whole day. Are you at West Side's yard?

Also if ya need a ride somewhere I will be glad to take you wherever in town ya need to go since I am not sure if ya have a car parked there or not.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Susan D. :

Posted:  2 months ago

Who adds remarks to elogs?

Anyone add remarks on the status line on the elogs. On paper we had to log what we was doing under each status change. Do we still need to do this on elogs?

Yes it is required by DOT.

Posted:  2 months ago

Lease operator

You're right about that Heath. We always give people the truth. We figure that's the absolute best way to help them.

THIS here is why I love yall so much OS. 😜

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Lease operator

In the famous words of Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars: DON'T DO IT.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

CRST Expedited Trucking School and training program Cedar Rapids, IA. A (re) training diary by millionmiler24

When it comes to finding a partner , How does that work ? Does CRST help drivers in need of one find each other or do you ask around throughout the ranks ? I'd figure that since it's a team company that they would have some sort of system for this .

Your DM aka your Driver Manager will get you a list of available co drivers that are lookin for co drivers in your area that you can call and interview from and select from there.