Profile For millionmiler24

millionmiler24's Info

Cedar Rapids, IA

Experienced Driver

millionmiler24 On The Web

2 years, 10 months ago

millionmiler24's Bio

Became homeless in 2016 and looking to get back into trucking to get myself out of this situation. I figured this site is by far the best route to get myself out of this situation and back into making some good money so I can actually figure out what I want to do with my life. As of June 9th 2017, I have been accepted to restart my CDL training with CRST Expedited Trucking out of what is now going to be my new hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA (at least for BARE MINIMUM 1 year). As of June 30th, 2017 I have now REACQUIRED my Class A Iowa CDL through NADTA (North American Driver Training Academy) and CRST. Also as of 01/04/2018, I have now been approved through CRST's Safety Department to become a Lead Driver which is our version of a trainer. I have now as of 04:00PM CST on January 12, 2018 been officially certified as a Lead Driver. I thank everyone here at this site for their support that they have given me to restart my journey. I have prayed to God and he has answered my prayers.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Seeking solo otr

I wish I were better at expressing these concepts. I work hard at it, but it often falls flat. I know it helps some people who come along later and encounter these conversations. I keep banging away.

You're amazing at expressing the key concepts for success. No one does it better. In fact, you have always been far more eloquent and sensitive than I have when teaching someone the things they need to know. I've put a tremendous amount of time and effort into improving my delivery, and that inspiration came from yourself, Kearsey, and so many of the Moderators and long-time contributors here.

The challenge we face is that so few people have been properly taught what it takes to be successful and feel fulfilled in their lives. They don't understand that 80% of it is psychological. Attitude really is everything. The discipline you have, your work ethic, the relationships you build, the humility it takes to be willing to listen, the fierce responsibility you must take for the outcome of your endeavors - all of that stuff is critical to success in any area of life, but it stems from your mindset and rarely is it taught properly. I know I never learned any of that in school. In fact, I learned most of the important lessons in my life from reading books, playing sports, and being in business.

The things we teach here at Trucking Truth are so completely foreign to people that they often become very angry or defensive. To them, we sound preposterous. How could we have the nerve to say that someone should earn their position in life or focus on making themselves better? Who are we to say that a person is responsible for their own success and can't blame the company if things don't go their way? How dare we say someone's time isn't valuable, but only their productivity is?

I'm fully confident that we have a quiet, invisible army of followers reading everything we say, taking it all in, and using it to build an awesome career and an awesome life for themselves. The people we hear from most often are those who are upset by the poor start they've had to their career or are shocked and baffled by what we teach. Only when they're truly upset do they feel compelled to come out of hiding and speak their minds.

Those very people are a blessing for us, though. They give us the opportunity to teach. They challenge us with their misperceptions. They force us to explain in great detail our philosophies and back them with real-life experiences.

I feel truly sad for people like Concept because he has maybe a 10% chance of being in this industry a year from now. He won't make it. He'll fall prey to the misperceptions he has and the terminal rats will only reinforce those misperceptions. Before long he'll decide trucking is the wrong career to be in even though he may have turned out to be an awesome driver who cherished his years on the road.

We'll help anyone who is open-minded and willing to listen, and I believe there are plenty of them reading this right now. If it wasn't for "Concept" and his misperceptions we wouldn't have had such a great opportunity to help those who are eager to improve themselves and get their career on solid ground.

Brett, please tell me you banned this person that was the OP of this thread. I love y’all WAY too much to put up with this person disrespectin y’all. I owe this forum my life and I wouldn’t be the driver I am today if it wasn’t for Trucking Truth.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

CRST Expedited Trucking School and training program Cedar Rapids, IA. A (re) training diary by millionmiler24

I’m continuing to live my life’s mission.

I love that attitude!

It's great to hear from you!

Same here OS. Wish ya was here with me but I see from the tracker that you are 1300 miles away from me.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Thanks , How do you guys plan/ coordinate your home time ? Or if someone has an emergency and needs to get back . I.E . One partner needs to get home time to see famliy but other partner would like to stay out or has no family and wants home time out on the road . Curious how you handle the tricky situations.

Driver Manager handles all that.

Any updates on how things are going?

Nothin interestin to report just been really busy. Still with CRST and currently still trainin drivers. I’m continuing to live my life’s mission.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Favorite truck stop chain?

If you're ever in the Limestone,NY area, you have to stop by Sassys truck stop, they have a decent size dirt lot, which I believe they are planning to pave it but they have AMAZING food for a reasonable price.

0386280001576978624.jpg0147269001576978644.jpg

Also I absolutely love Bosselman Travel Plaza in Grand Island, NE. They have basically everything a truck driver might want. Things such as a massage therapist, chiropractor, vape shop, pool tables, tattoo shop, multiple food options, movie theater (played from DvDs) and the list goes on and a bonus is the huge parking lot, can basically find parking anytime of the day.

But big truck stop chains, pilot flying J is my go to over any others then it goes loves->TA-Peteo.

I agree about that one. They need an Apple and a T-Mobile store there and they will be complete.

Anyway my absolute favorite chain is Loves by far. I despise PFJ and TA/PETRO because of their bs reserved parking and their kiosk based loyalty card program. Loves really takes care of their customers and they have by far the nicest showers out there. I’ve been in some hotels that didn’t have showers as nice as loves. Also loves has hot food 24/7 unlike TA PETRO or PFJ.

I do also love Kwik Trip and Star also. Their food is legendary.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Hey Everyone Guess What!

So I am on my first day of orientation at Western Express and I am really excited!! I just went through the conditional offer of employment. We did our backing and road test and I mean to tell you what. I remembered the words of G-Town and Old School and many moderators, telling me about my underconfidence and my lack of discipline and I took it to heart and mind and remembered how BIG my Almighty God was and is; and I was nervous but I rememered that I needed to be confident in my abilities and my desire for trucking and that God gave me this opportunity. I remembered that it was also very arrogant and proud of me to not trust in God Almighties power to help me do well. I got in the truck and started backing, and it was to my left. I GOALED so many times its not funny and I stopped before continuing to back and I backed very slowely. I got that 53' monster trailer in that lane like YES!!!! I am so happy and so blessed and so amazed by God and his help. You all are also such an inspiration to me too. Im going to post this in my diary for Western Express training. Praise God Almighty Maker of Heaven and Earth!

smile.gifthank-you.gif

You sound like me when I was goin through NADTA for CRST. I wish ya the VERY best at Western Express and I will pray for ya that you pass and have a LEGENDARY career with them.

Brett, I don’t know if writing prayers here is allowed or not however if not simply edit this post if ya will.

“Most merciful and almighty father, I humbly ask of you that you guide our friend Victor C 2 here through his orientation with Western Express and get him through his first full year and his career at Western Express accident free and issue free so he can have the flatbedding career he wishes to desire. I ask this in the name of the father, the son and the Holy Ghost, Amen.“

I’m not the best when it comes to writin prayers however the last time I had to I was homeless in the woods of Stuart FL and I have so far had a very successful career with CRST so I am living proof that God exists if ya believe and I’m also living proof that if I can do this job ANYONE can. Best of luck to ya Victor. Know that you have us ALL prayin for ya. We want ya to succeed. 😜

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Hey millionmiler24

Are you still at CRST? I just got done at NADTA and am in orientation the next few days. Are you still a trainer? If so I'd like to have a chat with you. I didn't get a very good impression from some of these O/O or lease guys that have been hanging out in ceader rapids the last week or so. I'm trying to hook up and learn the business from someone decent.

Yes actually I am currently training someone from the forums here on my truck now. What did ya want to talk about?

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

So it’s been awhile.

Hello everyone, I know it’s been a while since I last posted. But I have good news,bad news and ok news. Ok so I’ve broken my “curse” where I can’t seem to hold a trucking job for longer than six months. Wel now I’ve been with western express for two years and I’ve been accident free for a year now. The only issues o ever had where relitivly minor but that’s par for the course.

For those who don’t remember I was placed on a dedicated account in Maine I go to Kingfield and south Portland, shuttling Poland loads sadly well even after the year they arnt cutting it. I’m making minimum weekly pay. (Due to lack of empty’s or dealing with a seperate issue) I’m much better at doing what I need to do ina. Truck than o was when with prime,snchieder ext. The biggest gripes I have and I’m sure a few of you have done this is that from time to time I would be asked to take a damaged trailer from a Poland facility and bring it to the shop the last one was just scary one of the breaks was so shot the service guy have to chain it up and I had to take it to the shop that was an hour away. Now please I’m not trying to be a rat or anything because my time with western was mixed. I’m in the process of considering going to Hartt or Rc Moore bolth have some good deals as far as local/semi local work goes. Though I may consider regional. But right now I’m in the painful process of writing up a 2 weeks notice. As much as I hate to do it.

Are you still with Western Express now? You stated earlier that you have had trouble holdin a truckin job for 6 mos or more. What I personally recommend you do is try to switch divisions WITHIN Western Express. With your record of job hoppin or switchin companies you want to stay with Western for 10 years UNLESS you explain to a recruiter of a company you absolutely 100% want to go with and have them confirm BEFORE you apply that they can give you a conditional offer of employment for what you want. If you do that then make ABSOLUTELY sure that’s what you want to do before ya make yet another change.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Decision made! Here we come US Xpress!

A big thank you to Errol and old school you guys really give a lot of time and energy to help people out and I appreciate it so very much!!

Congratulations! You have reminded me of what I still consider a high compliment that one of our lady drivers gave me one time. It was "Mountain Girl" who once said something to this effect, "I have this little imaginary 'Old School' standing on my right shoulder. Everytime I start getting lost in the details I can hear him saying 'Just get in there and do it girl - make it happen."

Trucking is best learned hands on. You'll never figure it out by watching YouTube or reading internet reviews. If you're gonna "get it," you'll get it by jumping in and hanging on. It's a grand adventure!

I miss Mountain Girl on here. Hopefully she’s still doin ok. 😜

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Upgrading from CDL-B to CDL-A

I live in Arizona and currently hold a CDL-B with all the endorsements necessary to drive a school bus. I want to upgrade to a CDL-A. What is the best/cheapest/fastest way to do this? Do I have to attend a driving school?

Welcome to TT. We are glad to have ya. Your best bet would be to start here:

Then after those are done, here:

Once those are done you will be on your best way to upgradin that Class B to a Class A. 😜

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

A Thank You, And A Promise To Our Community

Everyone here has been nothin but super great to me here. Sometimes the tough love approach as Errol put it is what we need to hunker down and get things done. I have mentioned this in the past but will provide an example:

CRST Expedited Trucking School And Training Program Cedar Rapids, IA. A (re) Training Diary By Millionmiler24 Page 7

That link is to Page 7 of my diary. 6th reply down on that page, 3rd reply from G-Town on that page.

Those words lit a fire under my rear end to truly wake up as he said and get this done. As I have said before I honestly don’t think I would have made it through school if it hadn’t been for G-Town’s tough love and inspiration. A lot of people with thicker skin than me would have told him to go f himself for talkin to them like that and never would have come back on here, but I have about a thin to Medium skin, however I took his words to heart, rethought my approach, and got it done the next day. I am LIVING PROOF that if I can do this job, ANYONE can. Trucking has been the ONLY job I have ever been good at and I wake up every day and thank the good lord that this wonderful company CRST continues to let me train their drivers. I never would have thought any company would think I was good enough to train their drivers however I every single day am honored to do so.

Thank you Brett and ALL the Moderators on here for yalls help and motivation and inspiration over the years that have helped mold me into the successful driver I am today. Y’all laid out the guide and I got it done.

Also, I want to address another situation on here from a post not quite that long ago:

Who Should Go First

Bottom of that first page the reply from PackRat. I couldn’t copy and paste it here for some reason but I must say:

Telling me I was ignorant really hit home with me more however that comment was the reason that I haven’t been quite as active on here however the time off from the site really got me thinking about that and I realized PackRat you were 100% right to call me out on that.

Brett I took your advice and reread the post ya linked me there and I have decided as soon as it’s financially feasible I will be obtainin me a CB for my truck. This is another way this forum has been a LEGENDARY help to me and I truly am thankful and grateful to have y’all here to set us all straight. I am glad for the new change but depending on who a person is, the tough love approach works sometimes and also the empathy, encouragement and inspiration approach works when the tough love approach doesn’t. I am a hybrid person in that respect as I stated above. The tough love approach works part of the time and the empathy, encouragement and inspiration approach works the other part of the time. It just depends on who’s settin me straight. 😜

Anyway again Thanks Brett, OS, G-Town, PackRat and the countless others who have helped me over the years. I’m not goin anywhere and am glad to be back on here on a more regular basis. I sure have missed y’all and hope to meet y’all all someday. 😜

As I’ve said before I love y’all like family. CRST and TT are 2 families I’m proud to be a part of and have in my life. 😜

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Monday Motivation

I'll add another one that I got in a fortune cookie. Got a meal at a Chinese Restaurant after delivery of our first load, back when I first started driving at CRST. I have it taped onto the door of my microwave, so I see it multiple times every single day.

"Winning starts with beginning"

Was that at China King in Cedar Rapids? If so that is my absolute favorite Chinese restaurant. 😜

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Walmart Private Fleet

Turtle this is really good. I appreciate the effort and information.

For those of you unfamiliar with Turtle, this diary is his second one...

The first was his initial journey with Prime. And like this; highly detailed and very well written.

The significant take-away here for everyone is; Turtle committed to his first employer well beyond the first year and became a top-tier performer. He did everything right for 3 years. Without the benefit of those elements it’s possible WMPF would have passed on his employment application.

The concept of truck driving as performance based and highly competitive is clearly on-display here.

Please take notice and consider this fact when reading Turtle’s diary.

Also havin you G-Town and everyone else here on TT was a legendary inspiration for Turtle as well.

Turtle I know I’m not the first to say this and I apologize if I’m late to the party but...

LEGENDARY GRATZ on the WMPF job! I thought Prime was the Harvard of trucking but you my friend are now in the Harvard of trucking. Continue to be as safe as possible and as G-Town says: “Watch Your Wagon” at ALL times. 😜

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Potential of Team Mileage vs Solo

Forgot to sub to this.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Potential of Team Mileage vs Solo

Request Granted: How I Feel About Teaming

Read that post. It should answer that question.

Posted:  2 months, 4 weeks ago

Heck of an opportunity but might not happen. Not sure.

rofl-3.gif

So with the name addition is that why your picture is all black now?

That yes and also because Black is my favorite color. I LOVE the Darkness. 😜

Posted:  3 months ago

Next Leg of the Journey Begins

MillionMiler24 sent Brett the email as recommended by old school so keep a eye out in your email. Call or txt when you get info would like to say hello if nothing else. Everyone stay safe out there and be extra carefule if your up here near Denver it is snowy and cold.

I’ll email Brett now.....

Email sent. Awaitin a response. 😜

Posted:  3 months ago

Next Leg of the Journey Begins

I’ll email Brett now.....

Posted:  3 months ago

Next Leg of the Journey Begins

MillionMiler i do not know how the system works on getting hooked up with trainer but if i am allowed to request a trainer i would most definitely request you. Is there anyway to do a private chat or some way to exchange emails and or numbers on this site. I would like to give you my info but dont want to break any site policies here.

Brett what’s the rules when it comes to this?

Posted:  3 months ago

Next Leg of the Journey Begins

Packrat. Yes at CWW..really enjoying the school. The work is hard and a lot of info being givin in the short amount of time we have here. The instructors are all experinced real world truck drivers and seem to really want those of us that want to learn to learn. Millionmiler24 that would be awesome i would love to be with a trainer such as yourself. I have read many of your post and can tell that you love driving and have the desire to see others do well. I would be honored to be trained by you.

The honor would be all mine my friend. Doin this and trainin the drivers of tomorrow is what I live for. 😜

Posted:  3 months ago

Heck of an opportunity but might not happen. Not sure.

Unfortunately, I'm up in Keeseville, NY which is 240 miles north of you. Oddly enough, my GPS shows I'm in Connecticut sometimes. I use AT&T to connect to the Web and I could never figure out why it shows I'm in Connecticut. Sorry about that.

Not sure why it does that.