Profile For millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador)

millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador)'s Info

millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador)'s Bio

Became homeless in 2016 and looking to get back into trucking to get myself out of this situation. I figured this site is by far the best route to get myself out of this situation and back into making some good money so I can buy me a RV and live the Van/RV life and have a better life or just get a house and a 4WD/AWD vehicle somewhere where I can finally be alone. As of June 9th 2017, I have been accepted to restart my CDL training with CRST Expedited Trucking out of what is now going to be my new hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA (at least for BARE MINIMUM 1 year). As of June 30th, 2017 I have now REACQUIRED my Class A Iowa CDL through NADTA (North American Driver Training Academy) and CRST. Also as of 01/04/2018, I have now been approved through CRST's Safety Department to become a Lead Driver which is our version of a trainer. I have now as of 04:00PM CST on January 12, 2018 been officially certified as a Lead Driver. As of February 15, 2019, I have been officially certified at our highest level a driver can go: Senior Lead Driver. I thank everyone here at this site for their support that they have given me to restart my journey. I have prayed to God and he has answered my prayers. Maybe when I save up enough cash, I would like to live what's called the Van Life when I retire and travel the country. I am considering purchasing an RV or a Van that has been converted into a RV to do this. Its tough with livin costs risin all over the country, plus I have trouble makin up my mind on where I want to live, or I may just buy a house and 4WD vehicle somewhere. I canโ€™t make up my mind on how I want to handle that aspect of my life.

millionmiler24 (CRST Ambassador)'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  7 hours, 42 minutes ago

Accident at fuel Island

Well, โ€œLead Driverโ€ was a driver trainer by a different name when I was at CRST.

I can confirm this is the same also now. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  1 day, 21 hours ago

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Any updates?

Posted:  6 days, 9 hours ago

Would this be a non preventable?

You can drive down hill too slow, as many times as you want. You can drive downhill too fast, ONCE.

You did the right thing. I take my sweet ass time going downhill, if some Bozo wants to come barrelling down past me, so be it.

smile.gif If he slams into you, its a preventable on his end. Absolutely no fault on yours.

THIS For Sure. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Delhi SAPA plant

It is. Shows youโ€™re near Miles City, MT.

Thatโ€™s correct I am at the Pilot Town Pump Truck Stop off of I-94.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Delhi SAPA plant

Rob how do I turn that on? I thought it was on by default.

In the sidebar go to GPS tracker. You may need to update it manually initially I'm not sure. Mine updates automatically but I believe I had given it permission to. Hopefully Brett chimes in how to make it update automatically when you're active on site.

If it's not updating automatically then you have to either update it manually on the tracker page or go into your phone's settings and allow location sharing.

Thanks Rob and Brett. I think itโ€™s workin now. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Delhi SAPA plant

Oh it's gonna happen Millionmiler.

Spaceman and I didn't have a lot of time together, but I noticed his trainer seemed to be doing a great job with their load. There's a lot of great flat-bedders out here and it looks like Spaceman hooked up with a good trainer.

I've got to say though, I'm the lucky one. This forum has enabled me to make some very good friends out here that I would not have been able to connect with as easily or conveniently. I hope to run into Spaceman again sometime, and I also hope to meet you Mr. Millionmiler, that would be awesome.

I most definitely would be honored if that would happen. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Millionmiler you should allow your location to be shared on GPS tracker. I would love to meet you and maybe our paths would cross. Next time you're in CR let me know, I could either try to get a route up there or I'd be willing to drive my car up there from des moines.

GPS tracker is awesome, I met up with Rainy the other day and just missed old school (he fueled at truck stop 4 miles from my house). I've been in CR while Susan is at the terminal but figured I'd get in trouble entering their property knocking on doors at 3am.

Rob how do I turn that on? I thought it was on by default. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Delhi SAPA plant

Oh it's gonna happen Millionmiler.

I most definitely would be honored if that would happen. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Delhi SAPA plant

Better shot I think

0340707001558130390.jpg

You are so amazingly lucky Spaceman. I have been wantin to meet OS ever since I became a member of this site. ๐Ÿ˜œ One day hopefully it will happen. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Also Spaceman forgot to mention I sure hope you listened to OS about flatbeddin. He is an honest to God living legend in this industry and most definitely one of the hardest workin and inspirational drivers out here. I so wish I could meet him and buy him lunch or dinner one day and OS if that does happen I absolutely will not take no for an answer. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Delhi SAPA plant

Better shot I think

0340707001558130390.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

I waved as you went by! Good news...passed the Pre-Trip Inspection exam this morning. I start backing practice this afternoon.

Legendary Gratz on Passin the PTI 1st round. Now to attack the other 2

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

I hear that. My favorite is the train.

Same here. I always love the train. Amtrak is king however their food prices are too darn high. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Thank you guys. Just a brief update. First day of class was long and very interesting. We coved the pre-trip and ton of other stuff. Also met up with Million Miler 24 yesterday. Hi even took me out for lunch. Now that I'm settling in things look good. Thanks for all the moral support. More later.

It was definitely legendary great to have met ya. ๐Ÿ˜œ Hopefully after you put in the request they will let me be your lead driver. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

CRST Schooling Update

It sounds like you're settling in with the program Doug - good for you!

I drove across Iowa two days ago and saw a lot of CRST trucks on the road. I kept wondering if you or Millionmiler were in them. It won't be long and you'll definitely be out here traversing the country. Hang in there and stick it out. There's always a trying start to this, but most things worthwhile don't come easily.

If ya lookin to find me OS I am in CRST Truck 103987. Itโ€™s a White with Gold Stripes 2020 Freightshaker Cascadia.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

CRST Schooling Update

Thank you guys. I appreciate all of your comments and thoughts more than you know.

Doug, did you request what we talked about?

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Crashes on stretch of I-94 bring traffic to standstill almost daily

That is one of the worst construction areas Iโ€™ve driven through in the US, and I agree with a lot of the points made in the article. I still want to see bigger penalties for those that blatantly disregard the safety rules, especially in work zones. A $414 fine for 20 mph over the limit is big, but not high enough for me. Iโ€™d like to see this raised to $1000 for a first offense, second offense $2500 and loss of license for six months. Third time would be a mandatory 30 days in jail and you forfeit the vehicle. No plea bargains, no suspended sentences, no community service crap. Iโ€™d like to see someone explain to me just how important it was to send that text, or speed through a construction zone because they were late for work, after they run a worker over. I get really hot over distracted driving (spelled IDIOT) and have zero sympathy for anyone that does it.

I am totally with ya on this also. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Jason..........still waiting for your reply!

Am I being a pain in the ass? Probably.........but you opened this can of worms. If you spent any amount of time on this site, you should have expected these responses. So.......put on your big boy pants and agree to post your weekly settlements. You are a self admitted tech geek, so it will be real easy to do!

confused.gif

Smashes the invisible LIKE button for this reply. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Lease or company- you are responsible for your mistakes.

As for the idiots running low bridges thatโ€™s easy: Garmon(?) or Rand McNally.

oh boy. Actually, NO as a company driver you will not be paying $50,000 for a load you screw up. You may go back into training or even get fired, but you are not responsible for the monetary value. So, you are wrong and don't know about negligence.

And no, more drivers hit the low clearances at stores and motels....OR they get lost and hit a bridge. I can show you pictures that 2 lease ops did it last month when i was in sprimo

And NO, you cannot move that QC until you have that truck paid off. Every contract states any and all modifications must get Prime approval or they can null and void that contract. If they want to be petty, they can void your contract and keep your $14k down payment, tire fund and mileage fund for.any alterations without their consent. People do.it but they risk losing money. Even if they find you are not DOT compliant, that contract says "either party can terminate this agreement at any time".

You must lease a truck for 3 mos. before you can order the lease purchase. That takes 3 mos to come in and you must pay the balance of $14,000 down payment once.the truck comes in. Lease or lease purchase that truck is Primes until you pay it off.

Do you know how much you pay in mileage? Teaming you can easily pay $500 per week just in excess mileage. You also pay the employer taxes and OWCP fees for the TNT and the employers share of health insurance premiums if rhey stay on the truck that long.

And you are basing your business plan on getting level 5 hi val loads? what makes you think you will get them? you need to prove yourself first. Dont you think all of the teams want them? and again that is at least 9 mos down the road because you cant train yet. Keep in mind 75% of Prime is lease. Often due to misinformation.

Ask him for the following numbers:

Total annual Gross revenue Total Annual Operation Costs Total Tax Liability

This will give you the actual Net Revenue. Then you need to deduct the Tax liabikity which gives you true "take home".

Then ask for Total miles for the year You can then determine how much he needs for operation costs per.mile and what his average pay per.mile is.

All of this is listed on his last settlement for the year.

These are the true numbers that will tell you what his take home is. not "half of $370k" or whatever he said it was.

BTW.... you will pay for that QC you think sucks, the phone app, the Prepass, and the settlements themselves.

We keep telling everyone, dispatch does not just hand you great loads. You must prove yourself. Dont you think that means the lease loads too?

again, good luck.

I canโ€™t follow any more of this because itโ€™s way too complicated to understand for me anyway so let me break it down:

STAY A COMPANY DRIVER FOR AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A CDL. In other words:

NEVER EVER LEASE, LEASE PURCHASE OR BECOME AN OWNER OPERATOR. Itโ€™s not worth it in the long run. You say there is potential for better income. Remember POTENTIAL is NOT GUARANTEED. Donโ€™t wreck yourself financially. Stay a COMPANY DRIVER.

Sorry about all the caps. I just want ya to understand. Rickipedia: Ya created a crazy person here in me. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Prime..Do you need your SS card or not???

I have to think of any future readers who may stumble across this thread, and provide some relevant history as to why Smart C is catching so much flak here.

Here are two other threads in which cluelessness abounds.

Prime employment verification. Being sent home

Prime MVR standards

You also forgot about the thread where he was askin about CRST and I thought I had set him straight.

CRST Exit Oppurtunities???

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Prime..Do you need your SS card or not???

I'm a pretty smart guy actually. You can't point to one foolish thing I've said. For the millionth time, a Prime professional has given me questionable information. If she has been correct the entire time, there is nothing foolish about the whole situation. I will be sure to give you an update.

If any of that is true then I guess I am Kim Jong-Il.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

A minor setback, not truckin related.

Try Capital One - they financed me with a 600 score a fews years ago (out of a Honda Dealership). 2.5% Financing. OTOH - I only borrowed like $15K on a $45K Honda Pilot. And this was only 4 years out of a bankruptcy (that goes away this summer when my current 720 should jump 30 or so points).

They were one of the ones that turned me down.

This is one of the drawbacks of non-taxable income that can create a setback when seeking credit - along with other factors like: current debt, score, payment histories/delinquencies.

This is why when I get back home I am gettin with payroll and gettin off of PerDiem.

You need to get a FREE PULL of your credit reports from the 3 vendors (equifax, transunion, experion) and see what's going on. You can also just get the Credit Karma app (FREE), and see what's going on.

Will do when I get home.