Comments By Sam

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/truck-highway.jpg avatar
  • Sam
  • Comments:

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

Nice! Looking forward to following along as you go.

Now everyone knows what I'm going to say next - keeping working on that High Road Training Program - you're off to a great start!

smile.gif

Yes Brett,I am studding the Pre-Trip Inspection,Driving Exam,Logbook,and Weight & Balance.

When the instructor ask a question , I plan on raising my hand everytime lol

Like i read in your book , I wanna finnish at the top of my class so I can get on the road soon.

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

Well its official,I enrolled in classes to day at Tri-County-Tec today.Classes start Nov 11.

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

Hey I'm interested in getting my CDL and I was curious about DWI's on my record. I haven't had one since 1999, but I was wondering if this might hold me back. How far back do they check for offenses, just curious. Thanks Joe

Thanx PJ, and I will keed everyone updated

And Joe as far as DUI'S go , the go cack 10 years on your driving record, good thing for me also cause when i was younger I got 2 , Im not or was a alcoholic , just made stupid mistakes, To my understanding (anyone can correct me if im wrong)ITs the company itself that you apply for, if they take ppl with DUI's

Iv come down a long road allready to have this held against me, Iv went thew the WIA program that has allready payed for my school,got my permit and no one has held this against me yet. Mine were in 91 and 93 , I used to like going clubbing and thought i was great to drive, now i know better , I went 10 yrs without licences cause i couldnt afford the sr22 (3.500 a yr) Got my dl back in 2001 and have not has as much as a parking ticket.I charrish my DL now.

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

I DID IT ,I passsed and got my permit , missed 7 in knowledge , 2 of which I am kicking myself for missing and the other 5 ,,Ihad never seen before, In air breaks I missed 3 and in combo i only missed 1. I own all my sucsess to this website ,

Thanx brit

Sorry for mispelling your name Brett, I am a terrible speller and writer.Whenever I write a resume or something I will google it lol.Thank God for google

Thanx brit

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

Thanx Daniel , I would give them a try for sure . Me being a southern guy , Iv drunk lipton my whole life , but willing to give others a try.

No starcar , I dont drink water at all till last week , iv always hated it.

I havent went to get my permit yet cause i was spending all my study time in knowladge,air brakes and combo. I didnt study anything else till the other nighr i read this from the manual....Chapters 4,7,8,and 9 you need to be familiar with even if you arent taking these test.The computer does not know what you are taking.

So I jumped in ans studed this and got the Transporting passenger ,Tankers, doubles and triples dowm but hazmat is a differant story when it comes to the paper work.

Knowing it or not,Thirsday afternoon I will be taking the test ,The school im going to and has 3 or 4 to a class , i dont want noone taking my seat on nov 11th,also they have to have atleast 3 to have class. Thank you guys for your help and insperation , honestly dont think i would have learnd as much as i have if i hadnt stumbled up on this site. Briet ,you are the greatest , i read your book and loved it , ill read it again when i dont need to be studding lol.

I have studed so much i know the question by looking at the answer.thats the knowledge,combo and air lol.

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

Went to the Doc this morning and did my DOT phisical.Got a 6 month card. Only 6 months cause they found blood in my urine.Now I have to go to my family doctor to see whats wrong.Doc sayed it could be infection or stones(dont think its stones cause iv felt nothing,I think its infection)They have to rule cancer out.After I see my faamily doc and its not cancer (it can be anything else) Ill return to the DOT Doc's office and Ill be upgraded to a 2 yr card.

Planing on going tomorrow afternoon and get my permit.

I can understand why they only gave you the 6-month card. But the question is, can you get hired with a 6-month card???

I dont know , thats a good question , I never thought about it.Maybe someone will answer this for us ,besides I am able to take the test with a 6 month card , and it will all be cleared up within 2 weeks , pleanty of time before i start classes Nov.11.

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

Went to study for the test tomorrow , I can answer the questions by reading the answers lol, Iv studed this so much its not challanging to me anymore, By no means am I a very intelligent man, but when it comes to me wanting to do a job that I have been dreaming of for almost my whole life (i'm 47)I am going to give it 100% and dig down more and see if I can get another 100%. Make sense? 100% is 100% , heart and determination is the other 100%

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

Planing on going tomorrow afternoon and get my permit.

Be sure to read your State Manual before taking the written test.

Yes sir. We can. My parents live in Greenville. 79 and 85 years young. The South will rise again !dancing.gif

Greenville is only 13 mile down the road from me , I live in Easley

Be sure to read your State Manual before taking the written test.

But you did touch on a very important point. Reading your own State Cdl manual. Part of being a professional driver is knowing the laws of your State and the States you will drive in. As for your permit we tend to want to just get by. I know that I read it here somewhere about reading your own manual. Not sure where.

The fact that you noticed the difference shows how much you have learned. You have given all a good heads up and great advice. I found that with the Ga. test that all the questions in the test your knowledge box at the end of each section are on the test.

Just to throw this out there, "No harm, No foul."

Lot of Ga. Boys coming on here. You yanks better watch out. I got back up now.shocked.png

you can throw SC in there also lol

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

Thanx guys , I KNOW I am in the perfict place , back to studing , Ill keep you posted

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

I just made my appointment for my DOT physical for next Monday 10-21-13 , then i plan in trying (corrrection ,PASSING lol) for my permit on Tuesday morning.In the High Road Training Program ,I didnt do the Transporting Passengers ,Doubles And Triples,Tankers,Hazardous Materials,and i didnt get all the way through ,Logbook and Weight & Balance. I Reset my score and started over and Im going to study Rules & Regulations,Driving Safely,Transporting Cargo Safely,Air Brakes,Combination Vehicles,Tankers,Hazardous Materials,Pre-Trip Inspection,Driving Exam. Plese let me know if I am on the right path , I just want to be prepared , with no surprises. I have decided to go ahead and take the haz-mat and tanker (I havent studed eather of these at all) Each test is only $2.00 and something like 20 or 25 questions , This raisses a guestion , If i fail eather the hazmat or tanker , will that hold me back from getting my class A?

thanx for all the info you have givven me PLEASE if I need to be corrected on anything , just tell me , Im a big boy. lol

Sam's Truck Driving Jouney

4 Weeks ago I started the application prosses for the WIA.This morning I got the call that I was approved.Next step is to get the phisical (here in SC you have to pass the phisical before you try for your CDL perment,dont know if its that way in other states).Im going to TRI County Tec (A private school here in upstate SC).Classes start Nov 11.I have to have my CDL permint before enrollong,Its a 4 week class with 1 instructer to 3 or 4 students,95% graduate rate.

I have been studing the High Road Training program,(Im at 57% complete with a 96% score)For the last few days I've been on weight and balance, since im in a time crunch is there a specific area I need to focus on more than others.

Thanx for any help at all, also got a quesion about the WIA fell free to ask and ILL try my best at correctly answering it.

Illinois Company/School

I have recently decided to switch career paths and start driving. However, every company/school I speak with says they can't hire me because I live in Illinois and I have to get my CDL here. Now, due to financial reasons, I need to join a company that trains so that I can get my CDL since I am unable to locate a school that will finance.

I have looked at Prime, USA Truck, and Roehl...after reading a lot online, I decided that Roehl best suited my needs, only to find out today they can't work with me due to the "closed borders" of Illinois. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Ill share with you what im doing and maybe it will give ou a idea. I went to the SC Works (used to be the South Carolina unemployment office),they have a grant that I applyed for last week call the WIA.I am still ging though the prosses,so ill only be able to tell you what Iv learnd sofar,If you quallify It will pay for your privite school,cdl perment,med exam , gas to and from school,provide childcare if needed.If you have anyother question ,Ill try to answer.

Iv been all over this site reading the post, (LOVING THIS SITE), Im wanting to start my own blog here about my travels but as you can see im not a great writer or great speller lol (blaming it on my southern accent)

Pre-trip inspection

Typed and copied. Neither works. Takes me to a Domain for sale page.

On a whim I tried pre-trip.net and I think this is the site he was referring too. Pictures are larger.

That did work. Thank you!!!dancing.gif

ur welcome , it opened for me and i didnt want you to give up

Pre-trip inspection

The flash cards here are good. There is another site that you can use. Its pretrip.net. The pictures are larger. It also gives you study points. Use all information you can get. If you have more questions please ask us. Be sure to check out the other i.formation here. It is really going to help you.

Good luck

That site no longer exists.

yes it exist , if you are copy and pasting , remove the period after net