Profile For Edward G.

Edward G.'s Info

Calhoun , GA

Experienced Driver

3 years, 2 months ago

Edward G.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

J&M Tank line

Anybody got any information on working for J&M Tankline

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Looking to buy a truck to start a business need some advice on a split dump truck are tractor to pull pulpwood etc

Started Roehl training in Ga 9/11/2017

day 2 not much to tell more classes and videos got my name and gate bagies start pretrip tomorrow hopefully getting in truck will keep y'all updated peace out for now Irma has everything messed up

Started Roehl training today day 1 not much happened paper work got hat and pen weather pretty bad got out early about 2 back in room studying and lounging around will keep in touch. Until tomorrow day 2 peace out.

Started Roehl training in Ga 9/11/2017

Miles as a new solo driver with Roehl

I will be starting September 11th in cdl training how was the company to work for and is everything on the up and up heard good and bad things what is your take on it all responses appreciated

I drove there for 11 months, leaving in Feb 2017.

Miles as a new solo driver with Roehl

What are the average miles a solo driver does weekly with Roehl new solo driver anyone who can help please do

Passed cdl-a permit waiting to start Roehl

what's the average miles a solo driver does weekly when starting out for Roehl

thanks I'm really looking forward to get this new journey in life started I'm going to conney going dry van can't wait I know I'll have questions for you thanks a lot Dart <-/p>

Congrats and welcome to Team Roehl!!!

Just about to wrap up week 1 with my Roehl phase 2 trainer. If you have any questions ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Some of the biggest pointers I can give you is: -No alcohol in the hotel -If you don't understand something...ask -Listen to the instructors -Be respectful at ALL times, even to motorists that cut you off or do something that frustrates you...Roehl is BIG on this...forget calling them names like "4 wheelers" -Communicate, communicate, communicate. -Try to relax. You will get nervous and that's OK, but don't let your nerves consume you. -Keep a positive attitude, even when things get rough (and you likely will experience some rough patches). -Study the shift pattern and shift point sheet they give you...shifting trips up A LOT of new students. -If you find yourself struggling with the pre trip, see if your instructors can provide you with pictures of the inspection areas and write down the part names on them. I've seen this help a couple of students. You'll get plenty of practice on this, so don't let the order of items to check, wording, or amount of items to check worry you. -Don't be too hard on yourself...this was and still is one of my biggest problems.

Again, if you have any more questions ask away and I'll do my best to answer them.

All the best to you!!

Passed cdl-a permit waiting to start Roehl

Congrats and welcome to Team Roehl!!!

All the best to you!!

Passed cdl-a permit waiting to start Roehl

Passed cdl-a permit thanks to truckers truth training program waiting to start Roehl get your cdl training program 9/11 2017 can't wait chompin at the bit to get started going drydry van at Conley Ga. Will try to keep a post when I start any help are suggests would be greatly appreciate. Till I start see you guys and girls peace out and be safe out there JESUS LOVES EACH AND EVERY ONE OF you GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Getting a medical card

thanks again for all the responses and GOD BLESS YOU ALL and be careful out there JESUS LOVES EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US

yes on same state on on problems with drug test

So, barring any health issues that would fail you on a DOT Medical Exam - go get your card, go get your permit - go get your training - GO GET YOUR CAREER.

Rick

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Getting a medical card

yes on same state on on problems with drug test

okay it's a company sponsored school basically Rual school witch to my understandings I have to get my permit and then contact them and they will get the ball rolling correct me if I'm wrong and hope I spelled it right

A DOT Medical Certification is required in order to obtain a CLP or CDL.

If the school is NOT PART of the company (many companies pay for their students to attend an outside school - while some Prime/Swift/etc., do their schools in house), then the school will likely test you, and you will likely be tested again, after getting your CDL and going to orientation.

If the company/school didn't specify where to go for your DOT Medical Exam, and simply told you that they required you to obtain your permit PRIOR TO attending the school - then no drug screen, just a DOT Medical Exam.

Will you be attending school in the SAME STATE that you reside in? Are you going to have an issue passing a drug screen if you went TODAY?

Rick

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Getting a medical card

yes thanks some of that Red Bud spelling lol inside joke

That's good, you have a plan...do you mean Roehl?

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Getting a medical card

so Rick if I'm going to DMV to get my learns permit I have to get medical card first and it won't have a dot drug test to get it I have to have permit before the school I'm looking at will accept me is that correct and ps thanks for all the responses guys

Correct. And a Drug Screen is NOT REQUIRED to get a permit or CDL, or KEEP IT. It's only required when operating equipment in a "Safety Sensitive Position".

Now, technically, if you are attending a non-company school (County/State School System or Private CDL School), and will be operating a CMV on public streets - THEY are required to test you. And chances are YOU WILL BE TESTED AT SOME POINT.

So, as others have advised - if you even thing for a heartbeat, that you WILL NOT PASS a drug screen - best to wait. Any drug screen you are asked to perform, as a prerequisite to driving a CMV - is a DOT DRUG SCREEN.

If this school happens require you to test at the DOT Medical Examiner of THEIR CHOOSING (Concentra, etc.) - they may in fact combine the drug screen WITH the physical. The County (Public) school I attended, gave us a list of DOT Medical Examiners we could go to, or choose our own. I've been using the same guy ever since - he's the cheapest in town ($35 - my own primary care doctor gets $90, and it's not covered by insurance), and I'm in & out in under 15 minutes.

Rick

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Getting a medical card

Short answer. Yes

Actually - short answer NO.

If you are getting a DOT Medical Card, as a result of a Company Physical at orientation - then the urine drop WILL BE USED to check for both Blood/Sugar/Protein (as required by the DOT PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS) and for a Drug Screen (as required by FMCSA Pre-Hire Requirements).

I have gone for 4 DOT Physicals in the 8 years I've held my CDL. I have NEVER BEEN DRUG SCREENED AT ANY ONE OF THEM. I was drug screened at the school I attended, which was totally seperate from my DOT Med Card urine drop.

But one thing has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OTHER.

FMCSA Regs do NOT REQUIRE a Drug Screen, in order to obtain a DOT Medical Certification.

A majority of the companies we discuss here, combine a COMPANY PHYSICAL, with their DOT Physical - and will do a drug screen.

Other companies may "farm out" their pre-employment physicals, which may, or may not include a drug screen.

You WILL BE DRUG TESTED AT ORIENTATION, either way.

So - to reiterate - a Drug Screen IS NOT PART OF a DOT Medical Exam. You will be dropped for one - but to check for underlying health issues (diabetes, kidney disease), but not for substances.

Sorry Patrick - just trying to be accurate here.

Rick

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Getting a medical card

Also keep in mind...you will be tested at least one more time when you attend new employee orientation. Once hired "randoms" are done with zero notice and zero exceptions. You are tested for drugs and alcohol. Only a trace amount fails the test. No tolerance.

not worried just didn't know if it was are wasn't

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Getting a medical card

okay thanks Patrick C

Short answer. Yes

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Getting a medical card

Is dot drug test a part of my medical examination for a medical card.

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Taxes

Does trucking companies take taxes and child support out of your check are do they pay you as sub contractor if you get your cdl though them and go company driver

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Do I have to have a medical card to take my permit test for cdl A?

Back in the day you did not need a medical card to get a permit or to hold a CDL even. You only had to have one if you were actually driving a truck. But they changed that quite a few years ago and now you can't even have a permit or hold a CDL without having a valid medical card.

thanks Brett and Big Scott love this site has been so helpful

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Do I have to have a medical card to take my permit test for cdl A?

Do I have to have a medical card to take my permit test for cdl A?