Comments By John M.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f4/7e/2f/f47e2fe270a1907f9225acb95a3325fc--truck-memes-funny-memes.jpg avatar
  • John M.
  • 3 years ago
  • Comments:

Six month clock started........

Let me modify that last statement, six months give you a long time to change.

Are Companies Putting Driver Facing Cameras In Their Trucks?

Dan R. after reading what you said, if and when I start trucking I will let others know I am hauling "edible insects".

Are Companies Putting Driver Facing Cameras In Their Trucks?

Also, you got it right, the guys name is Abe. How did you know?

Six month clock started........

Ok, so in another post I said I was going to wait and research (learn) about trucking for at least six months. The reason behind this is because I am (was) a heavy pot smoker. I am now four days clean after 30+ plus years of daily use. I am serious about this possible career. Now not having a brewski, just one, after a days work? That is bummer number two. Six months is a long time though.

Are Companies Putting Driver Facing Cameras In Their Trucks?

Brett I almost had to use those tissues in my pants, not just for my eyes, I laughed a long time!! Tissues for your issues, I will quote you some day lol. I don't get freaked by cams, I get freaked by clowns! Ask around, I am not alone in that. The "tire thumper" idea sounds good and as I keep diving and checking I am becoming less adverse to the idea of cams "looking" at me all day. Be careful what you say Brett, you get me laughing it's hard to stop me. Hope we don't meet and you get me ribbed, you will run. LMAO.

Are Companies Putting Driver Facing Cameras In Their Trucks?

Ok, I feel a bit better knowing that a lot of the cams facing me are being dropped by many companies. I don't believe I would be doing anything wrong but perhaps on the other side they may think I am, dunno. I cant help but feel creeped by being watched by a total stranger. I don't know why, I just do, kind of like the fact that clowns totally freak me out yet my sister loves them. On the other hand I fully embrace the forward facing cams as they will show the truth and nothing but the truth should something unfortunate happen. It could save your job or catch a crime being committed. Speaking of saving your job, let me go on a tangent. I think a personal cam is also a good idea. As I stated earlier, I am jumping all over the place while I am looking into trucking and saw a video of a man being threatened by dispatch that he may be fired even though the situation was due to some very poor decisions THEY made. That personal cam saved his job. About my side arm. I think, I haven't researched it, that if it is in a locked safe with the ammo in a separate container that customers will exempt it being brought onto their property. Can anyone direct me to alternatives? Having something is better than nothing. I am going to research and post for at least six months before I make a commitment but at this point I am leaning towards being a trucker. Thank you so so much for being here TT! Hope I don't become a pest.

Started Truck Driver Training School Today!

I hope to be in your shoes soon joe!!

Are Companies Putting Driver Facing Cameras In Their Trucks?

So I have been jumping here and there reading this and that (no real beginning or ending in everything I have read so far). I saw in one post that companies may put driver facing cameras in their trucks, as in the cabs. So far as minuses go this is the worst to me. I would never be able to pick my nose or sing out of tune knowing I am being watched and the idea in itself bothers me. I can deal with the biggest bummer which is not being able to carry my sidearm on the road, but being watched, that's just too creepy.

Beginner

Thanks fellers!! I will start reading and digging in more.

Beginner

Turning 50 years old in less than a year. Considering trucking for the rest of my working years. No, I have never trucked. Sure would like some input and questions as long as I can reciprocate.