Profile For Road Rash

Road Rash's Info

4 years, 10 months ago

Road Rash's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

How do I get out of this?

Update, got off her truck yesterday, waiting on my truck. I hope I have it Monday and get a load out of here so I can make some money. My trainer is still around this weekend too. She's looking for a new trainee I think. I'm avoiding her, staying in the hotel room except when I leave to get food. The last few days were kinda tense if you know what I mean. It feels good to get away from that and get it behind me. Going solo might be hard but at least I won't have to deal with all that drama.

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

How do I get out of this?

If I would have read All the posts I wouldn't have replied at all.

It's make believe

He's trolling.

Everyone should stop entertaining him. I literally logged in the other day in haste to reply to someone I thought was truly in need of help.

You were trying to help? LMFAO! I think you're the troll.

How do I get out of this?

Thanks for the replies. But they're a little confusing, I can't do all of em at the same time.

I guess I'm a bad person. The older woman thing started when I was in middle school, had a teacher who taught me more than English. That definitely [sorry, my spelling isn't always good) was not on me, and I don't care who thinks I started it, I didn't, I was only 14 and didn't know anything about sex till then. This is what I was talking about, people always blame the guy. She never got caught I don't think, idk if she's still doing it or what, we moved away after school that year. And yeah at the time I thought it was cool but I can see it messed me up some. And that what she did was wrong. There was another in high school two years later, friend's mom, she got caught [or we got caught). Maybe some of that was on me cuz I prolly knew better then. But I didn't chase her, it was definitely her chasing me from the start. It was a big mess. I didn't date any girls for a couple years after that.

So maybe I own this one since I'm older now. That's fine, I own it then, even if I didn't start it. No one will believe it anyways, I already know that from experience. But it doesn't have anything to do with the way I drive ffs. Like I said, I know I'm a rookie. I don't claim to anything but that. But I'm a careful driver and really watch what I'm doing all the time. The truck is huge and I don't want to hit anything so I go slow and take it easy. I learned that here. Everybody has to start at the beginning, right? Maybe I'm immature or just plain wrong about stuff when it comes to women but not when it comes to driving the truck. Two totally seperate things. I prolly gave too much information earlier and now too, but whatever. I was trying to explain the situation is all, best I could. Sorry if you think I shouldn't share the road with all you holy people, but I need to make some money.

So anyways we talked last night, she calmed down a lot. She says she'll approve me to go solo now. She talked to her dispatcher and is trying to get us back so I can get my own truck by this weekend.

Thanks again for letting me vent here. It helped.

How do I get out of this?

Well after reading all the replies I'm going to go talk to her before I call HR or anyone. I think I can calm her down. Plus I got to sleep tonight before I drive.

I appreciate you all for letting me talk about it, that helps, its been all in my head till now. I got good advice here too so ultimately its totally up to me what to do about it. But if she goes crazy again then I'll call HR. I think Steak Eater and Fatsquatch are right, better if I'm the first one to report it, but also better if I can fix it without telling the company. Like Old School said. No one believes guys in this situation. I know that from past experience which is why it took so long to even talk about it with anyone. No I wasn't accused of rape but something else happened when I was younger and most people didn't believe me.

Thanks again.

Speechless.

This one took some twists & turns...

Rick

I know. I really screwed up. She kept hitting on me, not direct but I knew what was going on. I kept trying to steer the conversation away from that. I wanted to say no, but then she hopped into the front seat with no clothes one night when we were pulling into a truck stop for my 30 minute break. It had been a long time and I'm young, what can I say. Sometimes its hard to think things all the way through and you just go with the moment.

How do I get out of this?

Either shut your mouth and soldier on or get the hell off that truck before she really screws you. Nobody in power can afford to ignore this woman if she cries rape, and you will be fighting a losing battle even if you ultimately win. Never combine romance, even casual hookups, and work...

Like I said to Rainy that's the problem. Either I go tell now and get off her truck or I have to figure out how to keep her calm till I graduate. I'm not sure I can calm her down, she was pretty mad this morning and hasn't talked to me all day. I'm afraid to go back to the truck honestly but I have to later tonight since we have to pick up at 0400 and it's my turn to drive. I can't sleep in the trucker lounge lol.

Wow.

My two cents would be to tell the company. You might get in some trouble, but they'll end up finding out about her eventually and it'd be much easier on your career to be out in front of it rather than having the company's inevitable investigation come back asking why you didn't say anything. Beyond that, man, I don't know. That's one heck of a position you've found yourself in. Erm... no pun intended.

Yeah I'm not too smart sometimes I admit. Like I said, not the first time for me. I must have a sign on my back or something that only older women see. I never figure it out until its too late.

Now I'm not sure whether to tell the company or just try to work it out.

How do I get out of this?

My Dad used to have this saying that I just didn't understand when I was young. Now that I'm a grown man, it makes a lot of sense, and I think you have found out why he used to say it.

He would say... "Son, never dip your pen in the company ink."

You need to apologize to this woman and blame it all on yourself. Tell her you are weak and you foolishly gave in to her advances. Let her know you didn't mean to hurt her, but you've got to move on and pursue your solo driving career.

Assure her that no one will hear about it at the company as long as she gets you back to the terminal by such and such a date. Let that be the end of it and be kind but firm. Let her know if that can't be accomplished then you are going to squeal like a pig.

Trust me, that will handle this matter. I'm pretty sure this isn't her first time of predatory like behavior. She will do what is needed to protect herself. She might act hateful, but she will get you back so you can upgrade to solo.

That is funny "never dip your pen in the company ink"!

You're right, this is what I'll do. I already told her I wasn't trying to hurt her and I like her but the age difference is getting to me. I didn't say anything about telling anyone at the company or HR or anything but I didn't think about doing that anyways. But maybe thats why she's freaking out. I'm just worried she's making up stories about me to training or dispatch.

"Predatory" prolly is a good word too. I was wondering why she wanted to train me when there's a couple women who were looking for trainers. She said she doesn't train women so maybe I know better why that is now huh.

I really hope I can get this over soon. Really I think I have enough miles now but she keeps saying I need a little more time before she can sign off. I should of kept track of the miles better. She's gonna go nuclear if I say I'll squeal like a pig though. I'll have to plan this. She might just kick me off the truck at this truck stop. I don't have that much stuff on her truck though.

How do I get out of this?

Now that is the part that we were missing. Have you thought maybe that she is scared you might report her to HR?

Maybe she's afraid idk. I would not do that, it's too embarassing. More like she is just upset b/c rejection. Like I said I thought it was just a hookup for a while not a "relationship" thing. She's older so maybe it's different idk. I defiantly need to stop with older women, it's getting to be a habit, told myself to stop a while back but it keeps happening, just don't meet girls my age as much or they're not interested.

What would HR do anyways? Wouldn't we both get in trouble? I don't really want that.

How do I get out of this?

I wouldn't think you'd get in trouble for it but I don't think either one of you would want the company to know about this. That's not going to help either one of you.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking too. Maybe I should of waited to tell her but she was starting to talk about going team after I got done training, felt like I was getting locked behind bars when she said that. Maybe I'll have to play along for a little while then drop her when I get done with training. I'm such a idiot.

How do I get out of this?

Wow, this is way beyond my area of expertise then. I honestly have no idea. I would say your best course of action is to come to an understanding with her and work it out between you. At the same time I would continue to keep track of what was said and what transpired in case she does decide to make trouble for you, then you'll have an accurate record to help the company understand the circumstances.

OK I can do keep track of stuff now but I don't know if I can work it out with her. She's madder than I thought she was gonna be, thought it was like a fling for her too. She started it if that matters, but I know some people will say its always the guys fault or I'm lying.

Welcome Road!

Well the first question is why wouldn't he want you to go solo? If I had to guess, I would say it's because he trusts your driving and wants to keep making good money by teaming with you as a student. Otherwise, I can't imagine why he would say that.

Is this trainer a lease driver by chance?

I would start by immediately keeping track of anything you can think of that he has said about this, and the date and times if you can remember them. If you do decide to approach the company about it, you want a list of statements he made and when he said them so that the training department knows they're dealing with a student who is thinking logically and being rational. Sometimes in training tempers can flair and the student and trainer start getting in a battle to make each other look bad to the company. You want them to understand that this wasn't just a heated argument and you're not just being reactive. From the way you describe this it seems to be a premeditated plan the trainer is considering putting into place for his own benefit, and presumably to take advantage of having you as a partner. So make a log of anything you can remember that was said.

Fill us in a little more about what you think his intentions are and anything else he's said so we can understand the situation better.

Also I'm not sure what the company will think since we had a relationship. Can I be in trouble for that? I don't have anything like text messages or anything since we're in the truck together so we don't text lol. I don't know most exact dates but I sort of know close to when things started. It hasn't been that long. Just not sure if I'll be in trouble or they'll just say "too bad shouldn't of done that."

How do I get out of this?

So first I don't want to say which company cuz I don't know who is reading this forum. It could get me in more trouble.

Also, my trainer is a "she" not a "he." And yes I'm a "he." She's a lease operator but idk if thats why she's acting this way. I don't think so. It's embarassing but basically I told her I don't want to be with her anymore and that's when she started the threats.

She's been with the company a few years. I am afraid she could really screw this up for me. I just really want off her truck now because she's so mad since I told her I'm done with the relationship part of the deal. I get that I made a mistake but I'm 21 and she got me at a weak moment. I never should of gone with a female trainer I know.

What do I do now?

How do I get out of this?

Hey all, first thanks for all the good advice here. I have read a lot here, and it helped me get started trucking.

I signed up because I got a problem I haven't seen here. I need some advice on what to do.

So the problem is my trainer is threatening to not pass me so I can go solo. I can drive pretty good, my backing needs work but who doesn't? I haven't hit anything or got any tickets, nothing like that. It's more a personal thing.

So my question is do I go to training before the trainer gets a chance to say anything and ask for a different trainer? Or do I do what my trainer wants, but I don't want to do now? And anyways not sure that will fix the problem prolly only make it worst. I only got a couple weeks left.

Any help is great. We're sitting today so I should be able to reply quick sitting at a driver lounge at a truck stop so no privacy worry.