Comments By Jmart

• Jmart
  • Comments:

Posted:  2 years, 1 month ago

CFI CDL Training

I made it through my training with my finisher. However, I decided OTR wasn't for me. I need to be home more often. CFI is a great company and if I were to stay OTR, it would most likely be with them. I have a meeting on Monday with a local company that delivers industrial gasses to companies in the area

Good luck! I don't know anything about that just know being local comes with its own set of challenges and you still won't be home much. I drive local and many days I'm only off 10 hours between shifts. That 10 hours is spent commuting, eating, showering and sleeping. I don't know your family situation but I have a couple days a week when I work I don't see my kids. Regardless, I'd love to hear how it goes and maybe get some more information on it. I'm assuming it's hazmat? Is it a tanker or is it canisters? Since you aren't finishing your 1 year committment to CFI how much is owed, and are they one of the companies that withhold your training certificate until training is paid in full? Look forward to hearing more about this position. Fingers crossed for you.

It is hazmat. It is also tanker. I will owe 4k to CFI. Yes, they do hold your certificate until the contract is fulfilled. I will keep everyone updated.

Posted:  2 years, 1 month ago

CFI CDL Training

Good luck Jmart and each person has to do what is best for them. I am sure you will be great no matter what. I will be done with school in less than 2 weeks. Orientation and then going home to relax before I go out with my trainer. Take care and keep us posted.

Thanks Chuck! Good luck to you as well!

Posted:  2 years, 1 month ago

CFI CDL Training

I'm truley sorry to hear that. However, in life we have to do what is best for us and our families. Best of luck to you.

It's ok. I still want to drive for sure. I just want to be home more often.

Posted:  2 years, 1 month ago

Posted:  2 years, 1 month ago

Has anyone heard from JMart?

Nice to hear you are pushing it. Soon you will be in your own truck. HAve you lost count how many States you have been in already? Any loads picked up or delivered in Ohio?

I'm still here. I am awaiting a load back to Joplin to upgrade. I have over my 7500 miles in. We've been busy. My finisher likes to push the miles, which is good. It has gone by very fast!

I know within the first week, we'd been in 10 or 11 states. We went through Ohio going from Detroit to SE Georgia.

Posted:  2 years, 1 month ago

Has anyone heard from JMart?

CFI CDL Training

3-14-18 - 3-17-18 By Monday, we will have travelled 9 states and about 2700 miles, about a third of the way through training. Things have gone well. I've learned a lot in these last 6 days. It is going by fast. Before I k ow it, I'll have my own truck!

CFI CDL Training

Hey Jmart. I am at the hotel in Joplin after the first day of drug tests and contract signings. Great first day, leave tomorrow am for Crowder and will start school on Monday. Talking with Scott, he is gonna message you when he can for you to contact me so we can chat hopefully. He told me you are out with your trainer so I understand if you cannot right away. Whenever you get a chance is fine. I will be at Crowder this weekend so it's all good. Good luck with the trainer. Hope it all goes well brother.

Chuck

Going good so far! We will have about 2700 miles by Monday. I will see if I can give you a call, most likely tomorrow evening. You will like Crowder.

CFI CDL Training

3-13-18 First day on road. We left Joplin mid afternoon, went to Frontenac, KS to pick up a load going to Mt Pleasant, IA. Drove about 286 miles today with the late start. We will drop this load in the morning and pick up an empty trailer. Hopefully by then we will have another load planned.

CFI CDL Training

Look forward to hearing how it goes! Wife and I go to orientation next Monday so we're pretty excited!

Congrats!

CFI CDL Training

3-12-16 I met my trainer this morning. Sounds like we will be going out later this afternoon. I will do my best to keep this diary updated through the training part until I upgrade.

Roehl's GYCDL and 120,000 miles contract

Glenn, I can attest to the value of a company-sponsored program. I just finished school at Crowder College through CFI. The commitment is 1 yr or $4k. Also, the instructors at Crowder will work with you into the 5th week, if needed, and you show effort. I'm not so sure private schools would do that. Plus, the company has a vested interest to see you succeed. A year really isn't that long. 120k miles is about a year, from my understanding.

CFI CDL Training

3-9-18 I will be heading back to Joplin, MO tomorrow to meet with my finisher early next week. I wasn't one of the lucky ones who could gave their finisher pick them up from home. Oh well, that's what happens when you live in Montana:).

CFI CDL Training

3-2-18 Went to the DMV this morning and pick up my CDL license. While there, I also took (and passed) endorsements for hazmat, doubles, and tanker. Now, I'm waiting for CFI to set up my finisher.

I passed CDL permit test

Congrats! dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

CFI CDL Training

Man that definitely sounds like a lot of info and time put into a short time for sure. It was great to read about your progress and your days spent doing what. I am not gonna lie but this has given me a little anxiety just reading the process and what has to be done, but I want this so I will do what I have to in order to get my CDL and become a driver. I will be leaving in a little over two weeks for school and cannot wait to get started and fulfill my dream.

It is a lot of info. But focus and determination will get you through.

CFI CDL Training

Congratulations trucker! Enjoy your time at home. Thank you for showing that we can overcome our trials & tribulations as long as we maintain focused on the prize, not the day to day crap that can cause us to give up.

Thank you! Yes, as long as you keep focused, you will be fine.

CFI CDL Training

2-20-2018 to 2-22-2018 CFI orientation The final few days of orientation consisted of listening to people from the many departments with CFI, learning the processes of BOL, etc. We were given a satchel with materials we will need while we are on the road such as hazmat book and paperwork pertinent to hauling loads. Our final day of orientation we signed our contracts and became official CFI employees. All in my class took the option to go home before going out with our finishers.

New CFI School Attendee

Chuck, I just finished my orientation with CFI. I went through the training at Crowder College to get my CDL. The instructors are very helpful. And with your help, you will be ready for your CDL test. I do have a diary of my experience in the diary section.

CFI CDL Training

2-19-18 Day 1 orientation We spent the day doing drug screens and filling out required paperwork. The benefit information and forms were sent home with us to take back tomorrow. Tomorrow, the ones who went to school at Crowder College don't have to show up until 10:30 am. They will be doing road drives with the experienced drivers who are in orientation with us. BE ON TIME for everything!