Profile For Lambchops

Lambchops's Info

Eureka Springs, AR

Preparing For School

1 year, 8 months ago

Lambchops's Bio

Photographer, salesman, designer, app developer, publisher, husband, father... and soon; quite possibly a... dispatcher.

Posted:  1 year ago

New Dispatcher // Tips ???

Magnificent responses; thank you — especially the chicken dance!

I’ve got very thick skin, no worries there. I’m calm and cool-headed under pressure.

The company has (I believe) 5 current dispatchers. They’re family owned and are a full service refrigerated carrier serving all 48 states and Canada — running Kenworth T680s.

I’ll definitely know more after the first day; with subsequent questions to come forthwith!

I’ll start cramming come DOT/HOS data.

Posted:  1 year ago

New Dispatcher // Tips ???

Not really a “trucker”; but I really wanted “truckers” thoughts.

Recently hired on with company with 45 or so drivers. Zero experience in the field... (I know, I know).

Won’t start the position for a week or so. I wanted to ask drivers (or any dispatchers) for suggestions, tips, or things to keep an eye out for.

Should I read up on DOT/HOS regulations prior to starting or let them teach me “their way”.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Many thanks in advance!

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Prime Inc. // Parking question

Many many thanks Rainy!

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Prime Inc. // Parking question

So; I live close (45min) from Prime Inc. (Springfield). Heading there at the end of March to start the program.

Is there a place, way, or point to bringing my personal vehicle with me?

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Huge Thank You!

I’ve been lurking here for a few months; reading and ingesting the HUGE amount of first-hand info on all aspects of trucking — without any “sales-pitches”.

(Full disclosure: I know nothing about this industry)

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for keeping meticulous diaries and a massive thanks to Brett for creating this rare and informative site (and tools).

It has really helped me as one who knows not one slice of info on this industry. Words cannot express my gratitude to each one of you ladies and gentlemen.

I’m slatted to make the short trip to PRIME in the second week of March.

• I’m doing the HRT Program.
• Doing imaginary pretrips.
• Reading documentation on every aspect of trucking that I can find.
• Sitting in a chair, doing mock double clutch shifting to work on muscle memory.
• Even ascertained a copy of American Trucker to assist with concepts of backing.

Thanks again everyone; I can’t express that enough.