Comments By Moe

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig1.jpg avatar
  • Moe
  • Comments:

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

The verdict is in……. 110 years concurrent life sentences

Https://www.foxnews.com/us/truck-driver-rogel-aguilera-mederos-sentenced-outrage-protests-petition-colorado

The driver was given 110 years and will spend the rest of his life in jail. I don’t think he intentionally set out to kill those four people that day, but his lack of training and English barriers caused four deaths. I for one am against folks not being able to get a CDL if they can’t proficiently read, write and communicate the English language.

I’m also still up in the air on the new fmcsa rules coming out 2/7/22, hopefully tragedies like this can be prevented under it….time will tell on that one……

What got me is that the kid I think genuinely wanted to come over here and make a better life than he had in Cuba and unfortunately got under the wrong influences (in the trucking world).

Anyone have anything to add?

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

It’s been a long time and I wanted to comeback

Loved that last comment My took boxes have wheels for a reason, they can roll outta here as easily as they rolled in! Lol

Funny AF!

Thanks guys for the love!

Welcome back Moe, good deal on your switch from May to Marten sounds like you made out in the deal..... In todays trucking scene, I don't think a lot of companies are worried about jumping to another company, especially after spending enough time at the previous employer. It's all 'bout money to US as well as to THEM. LOL Ya got's to do, what ya got's to do, that works for you !!!

As a mechanic over the years, been few times at a job, jokingly, I'd tell my boss "My tool boxes, have wheels for a reason!" "They can roll outta here, as easy as they rolled in"

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

It’s been a long time and I wanted to comeback

Hi guys

It’s been a long time since I have posted and I have been thinking of the forum lately and I wanted to post a brief today. I hope everyone has been doing well and having a good holiday season so far. This is my first holiday season driving truck and I am having fun while doing it. I noticed that old school got back in the saddle after a medical hiatus and wanted to congratulate you sir, your determination is an example to others such as myself.

I wanted to also share that after six months with May Trucking I found a better opportunity with Marten Transport and I am loving it so far, Marten from my experience takes care of us drivers and it is reflected in the pay and benefits. I had to weigh my options at first wether to move on with May to Marten and also reflect upon the advice of the forum, staying on with your carrier for a year, two prefereably. After all things considered the offer with Marten was too good to pass up and I jumped at it.

I have to be honest, one of the reasons I didn’t post my change right away here was how I would be perceived. That being a job hopper or terminal rat etc. maybe I am wrong in that assumption (and after time to pause and reflect I believe I am). My change of carriers was not without given great consideration. But so far it’s paid off my weekly checks are double to 2.5 times take home from what I was getting at may and I really need the money as I am preparing to move back home with mom who lives in PA, her health is continuing to fluctuate and she really needs me closer at home as she ages and deals with the medical side of things. The good thing is we have a terminal in Carlisle PA about 3 hours from where she lives and marten has freight running out of there all the time , so I’ve been told by other drivers and dispatch.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Would major carriers still hire you yrs later after you got your cdl license?

Check out May Trucking , we are hurting for drivers, not making any promises, but I had issues in 2020 as well with family and even had a job that didn’t work out, actually had two trucking jobs that didn’t work out prior to joining, I’ve been here since April 2021 now…. As was stated never give up hope and now in 2021 with the labor shortage of people willing to work, you’d be surprised.

The old rules aren’t applying much like they used to, so barring anything major like DUIs, wrecks, wreckless driving etc, plug away at it. Something is bound to pop up for you.

Im asking because i am going thru something with family and want to know if they will still hire you afrer you got ur cdl but didn't use it meaning not doing any driving jobs for at least a yr or so. I heard from some ppl u supposed to immediately get a trucking job or they won't hire you. Idk if they are telling the truth so i need advices.

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

I’m with you except I can’t file for SS, not lying for the testing, I’m not giving up any of my lifestyle to do so and I’m not getting vaccinated, I tire of the “this is your civic duty as an American bull crap line” , they can pay or they can figure out how to put another butt in the seat….

I will not be vaccinating, and most likely will not be testing.

IF I can do the mouth swan, and IF the company pays (that is not the case currently with companies already mandating vaccination, EVEN the ones that have their own testing equipment. The employee has to pay) I MIGHT do the testing.

I already tried to sign up for social security but the site was down. Going to go try again now.

I’ve done a LOT of research on covid and vaccination. The CDC treatment protocol is to send the patient home and “monitor” until breathing is difficult, then treat with remdesvir, then intimate, then most likely death. Despite monoclonal antibodies being available and on hospital shelves, they are rarely being used for early treatment which would prevent most hospitalization. Also despite doctors around the world having success with a drug ****tail which includes among other things Ivermectin and hydro chloroquine. But if you mention either of those on social media it is deleted or you are banned, and the FDA, media, and CDC are all purposely misleading people into believing it is only a livestock medication (Ivermectin).

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Mistakes I've made in trucking

Not getting started sooner in life is my biggest regret, wasting all of those years chasing the corporate ladder trying to rise, being told I didn’t have enough education, only to get the education, only to then be told “oh well now you need xyz certification” , oh well, we chose so and so for the position because, meh…some complicated answer we can’t really explain to justify the fact that he (she) stroked our tingles, but we can’t come out and say that we just liked so and so better than you…by the way, have you considered going back to school? More education would help you the next time there is an opening.

Instead of just embracing the suck (like I am doing now) paying my dues, gaining experience and building a solid trade and skill set. It’s a lot harder to get up in the middle of the night for me now a days than it was when I was younger, I wasted so much time….

Had to get all that off my chest it seems like, when I started typing I couldn’t stop. The bottom line is that amount of time I wasted trying to climb the corporate ladder could have been spent building my resume in trucking so that now in my 40s I’d have the better opportunities.

Moe

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

Dude I’m sorry to hear about the circumstances of Rick’s passing, even though I didn’t know him personally, he was a wealth of info and I certainly hope my posting this topic didn’t stir up any bitterness or negative emotes about it.

This is just one of many reasons I’m not taking it. Not to mention that some who have taken it have still come down with COVID. It’s important to note that scientifically this not a vaccine in so much as it is experimental mRNA gene therapy shot. They are literally changing DNA coding with it to make your body produce natural COVID antibodies at the expense (potentially) of other healthy cells in your body.

My mother, a staunch democrat, avid Trump hater and compliant sheep (yep I just call it bluntly, she’s my mom but it is what it is) has been on me since the vaccines rolled out to get one, well I haven’t and now really won’t. We had a driver here with May Trucking who recently got the shot and his arm welted up and looked like the precursor to a zombie transformation! The skin was gray from the site of the shot down to his forearm, it was also red and had pustules that looked infected. His doc didn’t know what to do for him! This drug is something lot even the “experts” are sure of.

As for me and mine, we are looking to leave the west coast ASAP early next year, possibly Florida or Texas. I’ve already told May if they comply with that mandatory shot and testing schedule than they can have my truck back and we can peacefully part ways, we have to draw the line somewhere!

A little vaccine isn't going to force me to quit my job. It's will be just another requirement in a long list of requirements.

That's right RealDiehl! Don't let it stop you! A "little vaccine" wasn't gonna stop Rikipedia, either!

I recently announced the passing of our old friend, Rikipedia. Turns out, no one asked what happened. He informed me shortly before passing that he got vaxxed a few weeks prior. One month after the vax......dead.

But sure, RiehlDeal, it's only another requirement.......just like:

• two weeks to flatten the curve
  • a mask is a small ask
  • social distance because don't you love your grandma?
  • close your business and bankrupt yourself because don't you love America?
  • yet another lockdown
  • mask mandates if you're not vaxxed
  • no employment if you're not vaxxed
  • and soon to be no access to society and "safety camps" for those not vaxxed

We must stop going along with the government and telling ourselves that it's business as usual when they violate the Constitution, violate the Nuremberg Code, censor people, cancel people, take away their employment, and soon take away their freedom.

I'm sure the people of Australia thought they would "earn" their freedom back if they would just comply. Turns out they were very, very wrong!

I'm appalled that some people still don't get what's happening after 18 months of watching this tyranny and seeing what they're doing to people around the world.

Folks, they have one option only, and that is our compliance. We will not comply. No testing, no vaxxing.

If we don't decry this mandate as dead on arrival, many of us will soon be dead ourselves. Learn from Australia. Do not comply.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

Cooking/Eating OTR

I have a microwave, fridge and a plug in Coleman cooler box on my truck. On my hometime I’ll cook two big home cooked meals eat some of course and pack the rest away for the box and freezer. I bring along some canned soup and sand which makings. With the freezer I can store enough for several meals. I also make a big Walmart run on my hometime and get incidentals - plates, sauces , snack bars etc whatever healthy or sometimes unhealthy treat I like.

Doing it this way my grocery bill runs about $250 to three for a month and I hardly ever eat at truck stops. The times I do eat out I reserve for the home cooking mom and pop truck stop diners on my route, but that’s only like three times ina six week period I eat there , usually breakfast as I love scrambled eggs et al.

I also have an instant pot and may start dabbling with making soups on the truck this winter.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

These people have found every way in the book to turn the technically into blatant reality and walk all over us, this will be interesting indeed.

I’ve already spoken to several driver friends (outside here) who won’t do it and will walk.

This will be an interesting winter I think, but your turkeys and hams now🤣😂😂

Technically he can't as the constitution forbids it, but he will try

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

Requiring companies with 100 or more employees to require weekly testing or vaccinations, how can that even be enforced in trucking?

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

After 3 months, I’m quitting

Go read my diary, I failed the CDL exam five times in the state of OR (backing, specifically the 90 alley dock). I would have had to wait a whole year to retest again under OR rules. I ended up having to physically move, yes you read that right, MOVE as in pack up and MOVE to a rented room at a friends house in WA state to test there with a guy who was willing to work with me. From a comfortable two bedroom where I’d lived my life to a rented room, humbling…. I passed the exam my first try.

I’ve been with May trucking for the last almost six months now, backing is still an issue for me at times. But I’ve never hit anything or wrecked a trailer or truck, I’ve goaled more times than most probably need to and I’m slow, but I’ve gotten better and things are starting to click.

If given a choice between a wide open dirt lot to park in or a PILOT or Loves, I still choose the dirt lot because at the end of the day I am tired and don’t want to risk it, be smart about it and stay dedicated. It will click

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

What kind of things do you care about when looking for a new company?

Pay, hometime those are my biggest areas of focus when looking for any new opportunities

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Tool reccomendation

0470256001630076267.jpg

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Tool reccomendation

I am finding more and more that I need a good set of cutters which can cut the type of seal that I have posted in the pic, anyone have a recommendation, I have Pittsburgh steel dikes currently and yea, I need a proper set of cutters….

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

The Sad Loss Of Our Friend "Rickipedia" Rick Stern

2021 has been the year of loss for many I know and have met, my condolences to everyone to who knew him personally

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Going to California?

It really is a non issue all over the state, some urban area business make a big deal about it, but truck stops could give a rip less, in fact so many people AREN’T wearing masks that it makes the people that DO, look retarded, truly. Employees at Pilot, Loves, et al (the big corporate chains) are required to wear them, but most either obviously struggle with it or wear it half ****ed (mouth only) and I haven’t heard any managers chastising employees about it, I have a feeling once Newsom is recalled (barring any shenanigans ala 2020 style theft) that the whole mask thing will be put to bed, who knows?

I can tell you that most Californians I’ve interacted with are over it and I’ve never been chastised for not wearing one. Oregon on the other hand is a different animal it seems like EVERYONE complies up there no matter what….

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

I know I’m late to the party on this one, but I’m not taking the shot, they can imprison me for all I care

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Need suggestion for a good winter workboot

Before we know it winter will be upon us, just trying to plan ahead, hope y’all are having an awesome day!

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Mom died tonight

Prayers to you and yours.

Posted:  11 months ago

Question

If you are conflicted about letting him go and such, I'm going to tell you, Dont do trucking until you can or are willing to do so. Im not sure the exact status or nature of your relationship with this person, but you need to be all in for this. I havelittle or few attachments in life and I still struggle with thinking about the few I do have, quitting has def crossed my mind a couple of times, but I havent quit and I have ky reasons why I haven't.

To me it sounds like you haven't firmly found your reasons to jump all in and you need to do that BEFORE you apply to a company, its not the company's fault if you washout and can't regain what you once had.

My .02 cents

Is there any place on this site where i can find how exactly how the process of getting a sponsered trucking company works from start to finish? I need to start getting my ducks in a row. I dont know if they do all checks on a potential driver before I make the journey or when I get there? Will I know if im accepted before I get there? f I am do they give me time to go back home and finish closing my life b4 I actually start? I need to know because I have to let go a disabled man I take care of who lives with me but I cant until I know for sure if i am accepted by the company. once I let him go theres no getting him back. If I have to be at the company for all the process and accepted or not I could always put him on respite for a couple weeks tillI find out and be able to come home straighten things out here then start school. Thanks