Comments By Brent R.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0815785001554085667-77573.jpg avatar
  • Brent R.
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

Today the ones who have passed their CDL went out in trucks, we were in a freight liner pulling a box trailer, went to some small towns and on I-40 some, everyone has passed except one guy who couldn’t get the parking down and I think became frustrated so he will get another shot next week, otherwise everything is going well.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

So what's the deal with Junior Honduras (Prime)?

He wants that referral money it seems I’ve watched a few seems like a cool guy and would be a good trainer to have

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

Thanks G Town appreciate it

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

Yea Rob its a huge relief to get that test done, I was a little stressed last night but read Raineys article about its not the end of the world if you fail and I had that attitude when i took it and it helped calm me down and relax.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

Hiring prospects with DUI

Most oil field jobs i know of require at least 2 years experience, some less its all insurance and what they require, buddy of mine owns a company operating in Midland/Odessa he said his insurance requires them to have 2 years experience, DWI shouldn't be a problem since its been 4 years, he said there are companies hiring with less but they are the larger companies, lots of money being made out there right now, get it before it goes away.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

Well took the driving test today and passed, what a relief, then went to DPS took the Hazmat and Doubles and Triples test and passed so tomorrow have an appointment to get my fingerprints done for the Hazmat, still 3 weeks of school left, they are pairing us up with instructors and taking day trips all over the Texas Panhandle to get more driving in and pulling different trailers and driving different trucks, lots to learn can’t wait.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

Yes once you get out of town going north, south, east or west it’s 75mph, I only went about 62-65 as that is all I felt comfortable with,

Posted:  10 months ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

Today was all day driving we drove the actual test route a few times, lots of traffic lights, couple of tricky turns, one place where if you catch a red light you have to keep your foot on clutch and brake and release brake when you feel the truck starting to move then release the clutch, speeds of 35mph to 75mph, a railroad crossing we have to treat as if we have a Hazmat load, a place where we have to execute an emergency stop, did the entire route perfect without any mistakes, also lots of bridges where we have to look at the height and tell the examiner if he asks, also worked on parallel parking and did that a few times, have all day tomorrow and half day Wednesday to practice as well as Monday and I will test Tuesday morning next week at 8am.

Posted:  10 months ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

Thanks Eggman I’ll let ya know you have a good week too

Posted:  10 months ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

To be honest I was so excited for the simulator and when I got in it it was so uncomfortable I’m 6’3” 300lbs and it was hard to shift, no leg room, so much more comfy in truck and it’s nothing like the simulator, even had some instructors say they were terrible at driving it lol maybe it’s the kind we have, we were in trucks the 2nd week learning how to shift, And it’s a lot different when we went from the old Air Force base where my school is to the city streets where you have lights and other cars but you just gotta take a deep breath and relax I was pretty up tight first time, good luck in school

Posted:  10 months ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

G-Town all I know is they said Walmart, Yes I know what their qualifications are, yes I know no-one in the class will meet what they have posted as far as qualifications, we have 2 instructors who retired from Walmart both 20+ years each and I have spoken to one in length about his job when he was there, I was just posting what I was told, as I stated earlier your not raining on my parade i really could care less.

Posted:  10 months ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

Was just told Walmart that’s all they said, not raining on my parade.

Posted:  10 months ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

All driving and parallel parking today, was a good day improved a lot, also found out that Fed Ex, UPS, Walmart, Werner, and Schneider will be at our school in a few weeks recruiting, there will be more but that’s just what I heard today, short week next week due to holiday, if I don’t test next week I should be testing week after,

Posted:  10 months ago

I am now a finisher with CFI!

Congrats man

Posted:  10 months ago

Thanks eggman I appreciate it,

Posted:  10 months ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

More City and some highway driving today, also practiced off set and parallel parking was in truck from 8-345, good day lots of practice and much more confidence now operating a truck, each day I get better and gain more confidence, this is the 4th week, we should start testing week after thanksgiving, this Academy is State Certified to give us the test instead of having to go to the local DPS office, my plan is to also take the Hazmat and Double and Triples exam when I pass my driving test and go to the DPS office to get my CDL.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Pre-trip Inspection Help Please

That’s a great Pre trip video I’ve seen about everyone one of them, the APex one is good as well thanks for sharing that.

If you want a great video to teach you the proper language look up "pre-trip for Missouri CDL test youtube". It will bring up a video from C1 truck driver training in Springfield Mo. The video is 17:18 and is the prefered and recommended by the Mo. DOT inspectors. No matter what state your in you cant go wrong with the wording on this video. Hope it helps.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

Drove in city again today before ice melted so was interesting to drive on snow/ice on some of the less traveled roads, was good experience still having issues down shifting and getting rpms correct but I’m getting better at not grinding gears, worked on parallel parking and off set parking also, backing is one of my strengths so far,

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Yea I’m sure I will

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

CDL Training at a Local College Truck Driving Academy

Today was doing paper logs, hours of driving and all the laws associated with that and trip planning and working out of the road atlas and learning how to read a map and trip plan. No driving today good thing there is about 4-6 inches of snow,