Profile For Andrew J.

Andrew J.'s Info

Noblesville , IN

Experienced Driver

1 year, 6 months ago

Andrew J.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  4 days, 8 hours ago

Linehaul pay stub

Thanks for the reply.

Posted:  4 days, 10 hours ago

Linehaul pay stub

Wow if that’s consistent then that’s a 100k a year job. I’m going on year 2 of otr and i would like to at least be home on the weekends in the future. I live outside Indianapolis and I believe there is a terminal in the west side of town. Maybe I’ll apply. Do you just apply on their website? Or go to the terminal in person?

Posted:  1 week ago

Starting Roehl GYCDL Program In Appleton WI Nov.11

Reefer division is good. Just be prepared for the wait times and you’ll spend a lot of time in Wisconsin. It’s a great state and you’ll enjoy all the Kwik trip gas station/truck stops. If you wanna switch to the northeast fleet you’ll probably need 4-6 months of safe driving. Good luck.

Will do, I'm down here in the DC swamp so it goes from extreme humidity to ice cold winter. What are your thoughts on the reefer division?that's what I'll be in.and how long before one can adjust the home time if they wanted to? Thanks.

I went through it last year. You will get to know the whole Fox valley area pretty well. Bring some winter clothing it’s cold and if it snows or rains the yard gets wet and muddy. Enjoy the erberts and gerberts.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Starting Roehl GYCDL Program In Appleton WI Nov.11

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Anyone have any experience with Roehl.....

I’m in their reefer division. Been there a year and just completed my 120k contract. Good company that will train you and keep you moving if you work hard and have a good attitude. Although I’m not flatbed If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Posted:  2 months ago

Home time and rookie driver

Do whatever works out for you. If you think it’s best to stay out long then go for it. When I started I worked my way up to longer times. I started with 14 days and 2 at home. Did that a few times then kept staying out longer up to 6 weeks. I didn’t want to get burned out.

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Sponsored or private

I went through the sponsored route and it worked out great for me. It forced me to stay with the same company for a year and I don’t have to pay a single penny for my CDL. I recommend the sponsored and the others on this site do too.

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Things that make you say CMON MAN!!!

I try hard not to park at those Petros. Not all of them are like that.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Truck Parking

After 1500 there is no parking in the Seattle area. There is a TA in North Bend which is 25 miles outside Seattle on 90. I tried to get a spot there at 1600 and there was not even a paid spot. I ended up parking at an old weigh station 5 miles west of there. That was the only time I ran past my 14. There’s not much in Seattle.

Posted:  4 months ago

Companies with Best Trucks

I’m at Roehl and we really have the best equipment. Late model internationals and cascadias. They keep them well maintained too.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Best companies for new drivers

You can’t go wrong with Schneider or Roehl. Both are great companies. I drive for Roehl so I can attest to Roehl being a great company. If you live in WV you have two options for them being flatbed or van. Your first year should be focused on becoming a top driver as others on this site would say. Just to let you know you’re probably going to start out at around 39 cpm for your first 6 months, so you won’t be making much money. And for your first 6 months or maybe 4 you won’t be coming home every week. The best Roehl offers for brand new drivers is out 11 and home 3 pretty much home every other weekend and after that they do have home weekend jobs. However if you come home every weekend your paychecks will show. I just want to make you aware of that cause I’ve seen quite a few van drivers come in and quit cause they didn’t make much right away. However I can vouch that Roehl is a great company and you can’t go wrong with choosing them but the rest is up to you.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Researching who to go with

Since you mentioned Roehl I’ll throw my opinion since I drive for them and started there. They are a great company and will train you well. Once you get on the road you’ll need to prove your worth to them. You have to be safe and on time. If you follow too close they will call you on it. Some say it’s a training company but I’m at 52 cpm and I’m just finishing my first year. There will be times where you are sitting with no loads and times where what they have you do doesn’t make sense. But just keep grinding and you’ll be ok. It wasn’t the easiest but as long as you have a good attitude and work well with the company you’ll do well.

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Lease operator

Without knowing any other information about lease op just ask one question. Why are they making it available to you? Or even why are they selling it to you? The answer is because they want you to lease. It transfer the risk to you and they get to get the income with out the risk. Now you probably can make money but you have a decent chance of failing too. If you can become a top driver and make 70 to 80k a year why would you want to be a lease op?

Posted:  4 months, 1 week ago

Best Paid CDL school. I AM in TEXAS

Roehl has a great program and have a terminal in the Dallas area although I don’t think they train new drivers down there anymore so you will more than likely have to go to Wisconsin for CDL training. I am about to finish up my contract but I don’t plan on leaving anytime real soon.

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Help finding the right trucking company!

If he has his CDL but hasn’t been driving an 18 wheeler in a few years Roehl would be a great company. I drive for them and they do a great job of keeping me moving and my pay had only increased. If you live in Pennsylvania he can easily get hired since lots of freight goes there. They too have a 6 month requirement for him to be solo driving before you can go with then past that it’s 15 dollars a month for you to go with just for insurance and you would need to sign the waiver each month.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Friday Short Haul - Skills test proposal, driver shortage, hemp sentencing, driverless trucks

So is this remote control technology even new at all? I mean I would think the ability to remote control a truck has probably been around for a long time. Heck I remember being a kid and having a remote control car and I’m 38.

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

Half of us will be unemployed in 5 years.

Loves is going to loose a lot of money with all the new stops they’re putting up if half of us are going to be out of a job in 5 years.

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

Which company would offer regular home time?

I drive for Roehl and my uncle died a few weeks ago on a Tuesday. I didn’t know the funeral date but was on my way out to the east coast from Wisconsin and called my FM and she offered me to come home by Monday for a possible funeral on Tuesday. The next day I called her and said the funereal is scheduled for the following Thursday and she still said I should come home and be with family by Monday and take the whole next week off. I decided to stay out till Wednesday cause I need to make a consistent check but was still home in time by Wednesday for the funeral on Thursday. The fact she was willing to give me the whole week off to spend with family shows that my company cares about their drivers being with family. They also offer to do 11 days out and be home for 3 days too. I stay out cause I like the pay but with Roehl you can’t go wrong if you’re willing to work.

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

My first lot lizard encounter

I had one knock on my door at the flying j in Indianapolis last October. Asked if she could come in and warm up.

Andrew, you only told us part of the story. Were you a nice guy and let her in for some hot chocolate?

Yes and it was a great time. 🤣😂

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

Why Small Trucking Companies Are Often A Disaster Waiting To Happen - article by Brett Aquila

I got into this industry cause I thought it was a way for me to own my own business. Be an owner operator. I figured I would do a year or two of OTR company and learn the business. Roehl gave me a 18 international LT with 60000 miles on it and it has been in the shop around 5 or 6 times for different things and in the 100000 miles I’ve put on it both steers and 4 drive tires have been replaced. I also thought it would be interesting to see how much in fuel I was spending so I tracked that. It was around 1000 a week in fuel. Then I looked at the rates I would make if I stayed with my carrier or went with another one and i wasn’t making any more money than I was as a company driver. Then on top of that I would be paying additional self employment tax along with probably more for health insurance. Now I could probably “write off” a lot in depreciation but it just didn’t look like a good business plan. For me to make the same money for all the extra headache and risk to just get a little more freedom isn’t worth it. I will be a company driver for my trucking career.