Profile For Andrew J.

Andrew J.'s Info

Noblesville , IN

Experienced Driver

2 years, 5 months ago

Andrew J.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Platooning passes real-world tests; new company emerges as leader

I was watching this and thinking how often gps messes up. I’m a trainer with roehl and they tells us when with a student turn the gps off and look at the atlas and write down the directions. Have the student do that before they use the gps. What happens with the gps goes out is the machine going to take the atlas out and write down the directions? Lol. Or how about when I loose cell service for stretches along 80 in Pennsylvania. I mean how am I loosing cell service with att on one of the busiest highways in the country while in the northeast the most populated area of the country? And you think these trucks are going to do it themselves. It’s a joke. I love watching this younger generation talk about how technology is going to take over the world and I’m not even 40.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Starting at Roehl August 17th

What fleet are you going to be on?

Posted:  4 months ago

A Week in the Walmart Private Fleet

I just delivered to the Walmart in johnstown ny. I had a nice run from appleton Wisconsin. That bridge going over the River was tight. It’s nice up there in upstate New York. I then went to Chobani in new Berlin and back to Chicago. I always enjoy upstate New York. Even in the winter time. Lol.

Posted:  5 months ago

Staying Busy In Good Times Or Bad

It took me at least a good year to figure this out. Even after reading almost every one of your posts and others on this site it didn’t click until after I’ve done it over and over again. You need experience doing this job before you can learn thing things like this. Some pick it up right away some take a while and some get mad that they don’t ever get good miles. I explain this to my new students all the time and just hope they listen a little. Good post.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

What I've Learned From This Pandemic

From Trey Gowdy: "I'm not saying Covid-19 isn't real... But Pay attention folks, there's much more going on here than what meets the eye. Is it a coincidence that just when the economy is booming, the stock market is setting record highs, we are winning the trade wars, school shootings have stopped, our nation is at peace, the Democratic party is a disaster and so is their likely nominee? (Biden). He hasn't a chance in hell & they're not about to let an outsider(Bernie) destroy their scheme. It looks like Trump is a sure bet for reelection after fending off 3 years of investigations and impeachment, then all of a sudden world crisis pandemic. Stock market tumbles, companies are laying off employees, everything is closed and canceled, CEO's of giant companies are resigning and indictments are coming. Now they say there are a couple ways a President doesn't win reelection. Those are an unpopular war or a poor economy. But there is something larger going on here driving this sudden outbreak right after Trump beats an impeachment. Especially the fact that it (Corona Virus) originated in China who we are in a global trade war with; brought on by Trump. Let's not forget Biden's back door deals with CHINA as well. China doesn't want 4 more years of Trump either. It all seems rather convenient for the nations and opponents of our current President and economy 5 months before an election. Couldn't have hit at a more perfect time. With the Democrats running out of campaign talking points, in light of no school shootings, no migrant caravans at the southern border, fighting in Syria winding down, North Korea not firing missiles and Trump beating a sham impeachment. The Corona Virus gave them one last hail Mary to try and point fingers at Trump with the clock winding down in 2020. This is almost the perfect fascist playbook. Control the population with fear-mongering and panic, control the media, spread propaganda and the fan-favorite disarm the population. Oh, and did anyone notice that while they are mad as hell at Trump for not sending aid to Ukraine, they THEMSELVES voted AGAINST giving ANY emergency aid to all Americans ? Sorry but I don't think we are all going to die. Remember when Ebola was what was going to kill us all, and the media kept showing the piles of body bags that were prepared for the fallout. Then a month later it was totally forgotten. The common flu has killed more people this year already and the media is SILENT! A handful of deaths out of 320 million Americans and we are in panic tearing down our society and costing our economy billions in the wake. It all just seems fishy, a little too well-timed if you ask me." Trey Gowdy

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

What does a quarantine due to coronavirus mean for truckers?

Man I love reading this page. You put out some good stuff regarding this virus. The way certain politicians are acting and using it as a weapon makes it look like it’s a way of damaging trump. I wonder of this Dr Fauci Is a political plant. We have to take what he says as the gospel and trump can’t do a thing about it. He just said the other night that we shouldn’t leave our homes till there are no new cases and no new deaths. Think about that for a moment. That won’t happen for months. But they all say he is the expert and we have to listen to him. This whole thing just seems so weird. We’ll see what happens. I was going to switch to hauling fuel from hauling refrigerated but not anytime soon. I’m busy as can be hauling reefer.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Roehl campuses in WI

Yes it’s a week after a being employed a year

They’re both good. I went to appleton and it is a newer terminal and cleaner but not as many people there. Marshfield has the big office and it is the corporate home. Really doesn’t matter which one you go to. I’m from Indy too and it is a good company to go to. I definitely recommend it.

Thank you for your response. Do we get to have like a vacation days(a month) in future after driving solo. Because i got my family living in Europe and would always want to visit twice every year.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Roehl campuses in WI

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Roehl CDL program reviews

Your first 6 months will be the 36 cpm as advertised. These months are spent learning the job and how to be safe and efficient at it. Then after the six months based on your performance you can go onto the Roehl “premium mileage plan” which is based on your performance. They score things like mpg, miles turned, on time deliveries, preventable incidents. You also get points on it for having a passport, hazmat, and Twic. Your cpm can go up toward 50 cpm with van if you perform very well but don’t count on that high. Somewhere in the 40 cpm is more likely. So yes you can make 60k a year if you do well. It is a good program I am a reefer driver there and got 3500 miles last week although I’m a driver trainer and get more miles because of that. I highly recommend going there if you wanna get into this industry.

Hello all, Im wanting to get some of your thoughts on Roehl's CDL program. Also avg. Weekly pay. They offered me Dry Van national at .36 per mile. The recruiter said i would do about 2300 miles a week. Per my calculations this is far from the 60k a year they advertised. Thanks

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Does anybody here haul gas/fuel?

Thanks for the response. 👍🏻

I drove fuel and chemical tankers. Both were fun to do. People give you wide berth. But seriously, it is a good gig if you want more time with the family. Most companies pay real well. So if you have the chance jump on it. Good luck Raptor

Posted:  7 months, 4 weeks ago

Does anybody here haul gas/fuel?

Andhe78 what do you love about it?

Ive done it for the last six months and love it.

Posted:  7 months, 4 weeks ago

Does anybody here haul gas/fuel?

Thanks for the thoughts old school. One of my biggest fears isn’t necessarily rolling it but the crack heads and rif raf at these gas stations overnight. It would be in Indianapolis and the crime in that city is getting out of control. I spoke to the terminal manager and he said they haven’t had any issues. I hope he’s telling the truth. They did say the money is good 78-88k a year. Paid by the load and hourly on top of it.

Andrew, Daniel B and I talked a few times when he was hauling gasoline. That was something he had always wanted to do. He considered it his dream job all during the time he was OTR as a reefer driver. Once he started doing it he was ecstatic. Not long after the honeymoon, his dream turned into his nightmare.

He didn't like working nights, which is where he ended up as the new guy. He didn't like the really tight situations of getting in and out at the convenience stores where he delivered. He was always being approached by what he called "crack-heads" begging for money. He said while he'd be unloading and releasing all kinds of fuel vapors into the immediate area, they'd walk right up to him smoking a cigarette - you can imagine the anxiety that caused!

His final straw was when one of his co-workers was killed in an explosion resulting from a roll-over accident. He now does P&D work for Old Dominion and absolutely loves it. Have you considered P&D or linehaul work? Both can have you home daily with very generous pay.

Posted:  7 months, 4 weeks ago

Does anybody here haul gas/fuel?

I’ve been OTR with Roehl for the past 20 months and while I’ve excelled at it and became a driver trainer it’s time to be at home since I’ve got a wife and two small children. I want to be a part of their lives growing up. I’ve looked into hauling gas locally and just want to know if anybody here does it and what their experiences are. I have an interview at a KAG terminal with the manager. I don’t need any experience hauling gas they’ll train me to do it. How dangerous is it? What are your experiences with it? People need gas to drive so it must be consistent work year round. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Posted:  7 months, 4 weeks ago

Coronavirus

It’s more fear and uncertantity than anything. The flu has been way worse.

Posted:  9 months ago

Going north!

Make sure you go to a Kwik trip in wisconsin. I wish all truck stops were like Kwik trip. Most are gas stations but some are truck stops. The ones that are truck stops have plenty of parking and good food and they’re very clean too. The people are very polite behind the register. Tomah and maustin on I 90 are a few ones if you’re headed that way.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Research group recommends a national autonomous truck policy

A lot more goes into this than just the technology being available.

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Linehaul pay stub

Thanks for the reply.

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Linehaul pay stub

Wow if that’s consistent then that’s a 100k a year job. I’m going on year 2 of otr and i would like to at least be home on the weekends in the future. I live outside Indianapolis and I believe there is a terminal in the west side of town. Maybe I’ll apply. Do you just apply on their website? Or go to the terminal in person?

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Starting Roehl GYCDL Program In Appleton WI Nov.11

Reefer division is good. Just be prepared for the wait times and you’ll spend a lot of time in Wisconsin. It’s a great state and you’ll enjoy all the Kwik trip gas station/truck stops. If you wanna switch to the northeast fleet you’ll probably need 4-6 months of safe driving. Good luck.

Will do, I'm down here in the DC swamp so it goes from extreme humidity to ice cold winter. What are your thoughts on the reefer division?that's what I'll be in.and how long before one can adjust the home time if they wanted to? Thanks.

I went through it last year. You will get to know the whole Fox valley area pretty well. Bring some winter clothing it’s cold and if it snows or rains the yard gets wet and muddy. Enjoy the erberts and gerberts.

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago