Profile For Wolverine

Wolverine's Info

MI

Rookie Solo Driver

9 months, 2 weeks ago

Wolverine's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Maverick Transportation

The agility test is not difficult. You would have to be very out of shape to fail. If you are obese, it's possible you might not be able to pull yourself up on the 5 foot box. High blood pressure and failed drug test are the things that get people sent home.

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

Sleeping on ramps

Do any of you guys sleep on "on or off" ramps? I see this quite often and have almost been put into a position where I have no choice but to park and sleep on a ramp.

Would like to know if any of you guys do it, or am I out of my mind for considering this?

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Hey, Jason R., I am currently on a trainers truck with Maverick. Do you have a specific question you need to be answered? I did not go to Mavericks CDL school so if the question is about that I can't answer. I can tell you the majority of my orientation class was not from Mavericks CDL school.

Posted:  7 months ago

New Mack video - song

Very cool!

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Awesome Jeramy! Keep us posted.

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Living in the cab, what is that like?

My truck is my home away from home. I have a TV, DirecTV, satellite radio, microwave, portable freezer, portable grill, electric grill, Crock-Pot/pressure cooker/steamer combo, top of the line bedding.. everything you could possibly need or want. Let your imagination be your guide.

I can not figure out how you can wash out a Crock-Pot, steamer, and other cooking supplies without running water. Do you take them into the truckstops?

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Congratulations Jeramy!! dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gif

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Seems like this is your 3rd week, are you testing out early? Is the rest of the class testing Monday?

Good luck!

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Drug testing

If you were using cbd it won’t show because it doesn’t contain thc

CDL hair drug test only for THC?

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Before sleeper cabs

Old timey pictures like that are so cool to me. I remember seeing a a picture of men building skyscrapers having lunch while they sat on an I-beam that dangled hundreds of feet in the air. Times were so much different back then.

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Enjoying the updates Jeramy. My recruiter called earlier this week informed me I should be ready to go around the end of September.

BTW did you get your orientation pay yet? or do they hold that till after CDL school?

Enjoy your weekend!

Posted:  9 months ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Good luck!

Posted:  9 months ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Good info. I was wondering about getting my permit here in Michigan, glad to know it will be of no use to me in AR.

Are you in a hotel while in CDL training? Or a dorm room at the school?

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Good luck!

I was told all divisions (flatbed and TCD) have to climb a ladder to the top of an 8-foot box that is on the back of a flatbed. What is the ladder like? A typical step ladder that is leaned up against the box? Or is it more like stairs with handrails. Do they make you do anything on top of the box? (carry a tarp, walk to the edge etc?)

Looking forward to keeping up with your updates as your time in Little Rock progresses.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Prime CDL Training

Thanks for the reply Old School.

The one thing that I know I would have a problem with is standing on top of a 13 1/2 foot trailer! Could anyone with direct knowledge tell me if Prime Roehl Swift or Maverick would have that in thair agility test for a refer or dry van drivers? I understand Maverick make their flatbed drivers do it but would they make the TCD drivers do it?

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Going to training with Swift in Columbus.

Good luck! I'll be following your updates. What division are you going in?

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime CDL Training

Rather than hurdles, look upon phase as being a rung on a ladder.

Trip here

Check in

Room assignments

Orientation x day 1

Agility Test

Physical

Drug Screen

Back Ground screen

SIM Lab

Sorry if this is off topic, but what an "Agility Test"? And what does it consist of?

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

If you have anything specific that you have a question on just put it in here and I will see if I can get an answer.

Thanks!

I'm going Flatbed USA.

Keep us posted, I haven't seen many Maverick CDL diaries on here, kind of surprises me. Maverick was my 1st choice!

Maverick is all automatic trans from what I understand, I've heard the school has manual but don't know if that's true. Do you know?

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

My Maverick Transportation Diary

Hi Jeramy! I also was accepted (got the call earlier this week) to Mavericks CDL program. I will be looking forward to your updates on your journey through the program.

Good luck! I hope to be getting started sometime in October.

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Schneider training is changing

All very strong points Brett thank you. I have read your online book, listened to all your podcast (some more than once) and read through many of your and others articles. Currently going over the HRTP. This site has been a wealth of knowledge for me. I am pretty sure I will be going to Mavericks CDL program, just considering all my options.