Profile For Josh

Josh's Info

10 months, 2 weeks ago

Josh's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Best Mattress For OTR Driving

So i finally got into a shop to try some mattresses out... I went in to try the American Furniture Warehouse cloud mattress, so glad I did because it was horrible. The nectar mattress was pretty nice.. Then I tried out a few others and ended up with a sealy Vogue series. it was 550 for a twin XL, but they had one that was marked down because the box was damaged lol.. I ended up with it for 230 bucks. 13 inch thick coil mattress with a 3" memory foam pillow top! Cant wait to give it a try! The best part is I have 100 night trial and if I dont like it i can return it for a full refund.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Best Mattress For OTR Driving

I put one on the mattress right away, it was a 3” topper I had from my last truck. I need more support for my back and even with the topper I sink into a hole after laying down for an hour or so.

I already did that, no help.. I’m just going to replace it

Josh, go to Amazon and order the Lucid 3" Lavender infused memory foam mattress topper. Twin XL size. Mine cost $48.59 with free Prime shipping. Absolutely a difference maker for sleeping in your bunk.

Josh, you tried to buy one, or you tried sleeping on one? I don't understand why it won't work for you.confused.gif

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Best Mattress For OTR Driving

I tried to buy a new one like I have at home, but the smallest they make is a full... they told me on the phone the make a new similar one they call the cloud mattress, but I wanna lay on one in the store before I spend the money on one. I’m bummed because I love mine at the house, it was only 1300 for a king, but like I said they don’t make it in anything smaller than a full.

I already did that, no help.. I’m just going to replace it

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Best Mattress For OTR Driving

I know, but the smallest they make is a full....

So just called the place I got my bedroom mattress from, they don’t make my mattress in a twin xl.. so I guess it’s back on the hunt for a new mattress!

A regular twin will work. That's what I put in my truck. It's the same width as a twin XL, only like 3-4 inches shorter.

XL= Extra Long

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Best Mattress For OTR Driving

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Best Mattress For OTR Driving

I already did that, no help.. I’m just going to replace it

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Best Mattress For OTR Driving

I have a new international LT as well, it will fit a twin xl.. I’m gonna order the mattress I got from American furniture warehouse. The cal king I got at home is AMAZING! They make it in twin xl so that’s what I’m going with!! That’s is for the input!

No i dont see the joke.

Both omy 2017 International and my 2020 International LT A26 are Twin XL.

Your current mattress should have a size tag so check those measurements. Miss Myoshi had an International Lightwe8ght which had an odd ball size.

At my company we can call our detail shop or company store and they can tell you

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Seeking Advice For Military Veterans

So being a veteran I used my gibill to go to a local CDL school. I did this because I didn’t wanna be locked into a company for tuition reimbursement if I did their in house training. The gibill covered the whole school and I got one months BAH while I was in school. There are tons of companies that offer the veterans apprenticeship program you can use even if you don’t go through there in house training. You get 100% education benefits for the first 6 months then it drops 20% the next 6 months. You can use the benefits up to 2 years depending on the company. I was lucky enough that I got hired with a smaller local company and make about the same each month if i were to have gone to a company and used my benefits, but I’m not using mine. I liked jim Palmer if I was going to drive a box, but no matter if you come to them with a cdl or go through their training you are signing a year contract with them. There are some really good companies for box and flatbed work for vets, it just depends on what you wanna do. I love flatbed.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

OTR Flatbed

Well I personally like to secure a load first with straps and chains before throwing tarps. Also spend the little extra time in making sure your tarps are as square as possible on the load. Once you get a tarp on I secure the 4 corners first trying to have bungees pulling out from the corners to keep tarp tight. Then do the rest. Another awesome trick that will save you time with your bungees is to get 4” PVC PIPE and cut a 25” section and a 35” section and put your bungees on them. It cuts down tons of time trying to untangle bungee cords or find metal hooks that have fallen off..

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Best Mattress For OTR Driving

So I’ve been OTR now for 6 months. I’ve decided that my mattress in my truck is horrible and wondering what kind everyone recommends to replace it with? I was thinking about a tuft and needle memory foam. Has anyone put a hybrid spring/foam in their truck? I got an amazing mattress at home and found out they make it in a twin xl that will fit my bunk area, but it’s a hybrid and not sure I can fit it through the doors lol.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

You can respond but I’m not going to approve your comments anymore if you can’t say something worth saying. We’re here to help people understand what it takes to succeed in this industry and that’s what we’ve done for you. What else would you like to know?

Gonna own up to changing my name as well? Or too much of a coward to do that?

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

Glad you won't let me respond anymore Brett

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

I had several companies ghost me; because, they didn't like my disabilities. I just lowered my head and soldiered on. You obviously don't have as thick of skin as you think. Did you possibly think maybe your Disabilities which you accumulated 100% from VA scared them off. Perhaps that and your brash attitude. I almost guarantee that PTSD or some other mental condition will scare many away. I was just being straight with you. Truly you need to revaluate yourself.

Patrick C. Actually I didn't even mention that when I initially contacted them. Wasn't put on any application either. See nowadays if you mention any of that it's a huge strike against you. Majority of employers think your going to go postal or something look that. I appreciate you being strait, but this whole thing got spun out of control because people started assuming things. Like you I was ghosted for reasons beyond me. Like I told super trucker Brett, after sholanda at Steven's ghosted me, I reached out to another recruiter. She was definitely one of the bad recruiters everyone has came across and was rude and talked down on me, and I figured if this is how the recruiters talk to people I bet managers, dms etc are the same way. But super trucker just assumed I had a bad attitude. I'm not ****ing stupid, I worked for one of the largest repo companies in the southwest, even made it to management. I am well aware of the importance of being polite and professional when dealing with people, especially when applying for a job. I mean I used to have to talk people out of their cars. As far as the recruiter being a *****, I 100% didn't give her a reason to talk to me that way. Like I've stated I'd be more than happy to show anyone the emails to prove it, I got nothing to hide. My attitude towards you wasn't personal, it was more so people assuming without listening. At least you had the balls to be 100% straight up. But all the other super truckers say im not gonna make it lol. So many people cant even last their permit test, let alone the other endorsements. I have passed them all so far first try. Now that doesn't mean **** because I still have to pass other tests, but I'm off to a good start. You have a good one and be safe out there bro.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

Nothing to see here but a troll. I'll give you this.. it was at most something to read before bed. Good luck out there

Yup, all fun and games now lol.. I'll see ya out there.. oh but wait all the super truckers say I will fail.. at least you are smart enough to see I'm just stirring the pot now lol.. have a good one man and be safe out there..

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

Threads like this always confuse me. What exactly does the recruiter need to keep getting back to.someone over?

I did my research, chose Prime and applied over a weekend. On Monday my recruiter called and ran my background after confirming all i read on their site. On Wednesday he approved me and emailed me a bus ticket for Saturday. Monday, a week after applying, I was in orientation 1000 miles away.

What the hell do you need to keep talking, emailing and courting recruiters for? Its not like we are dating, or that guy owes me a steak dinner.

I seriously dont understand the whole "they stopped contacting me". Why is it the recruiters job to convince you to go there instead of you proving your worth? My guess is that the arent interested in someone so far from attending. Most recruiters want applications from people less than 30 days out from the start of orientation, otherwise the background information gets old.

i just dont understand what people expext from recruiters. all.i wanted was get me to orientation, Ill prove the rest.

So when you talk to a recruiter, fill out a job application don't you wanna know the status of your application? When you ask about their training program or if you should go to school? Questions like what kind of tuition reimbursement they offer? Yeah guess I don't need those answers and I should just sign on the dotted line right? My bad I wanted to know in was making the right choice with the right company...

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

Pipe down Chester. And no one needs to have their time wasted over your 4 ribbon dd214. Have some respect and Try again tomorrow.

Definitely more than 4 ribbons lol. Spoken like a true POG mother****er..

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

Josh, I will break it down Barney style for you. Un**** yourself, you are more ****ed up than a football bat. You seriously need to unscrew your head from your 4th point of contact. You have an overinflated ego. You really need to evaluate yourself. Because, right now you are a soup sandwhich. You're not even Campbell's brand.

I'll break it down barney style to you.. GO **** Yourself

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

Lol this is getting fun, I see I have gotten under the skin of all you super truckers lol. So many of you need to wash the sand out of your ******s..

Right off the bat Brett, mr 15 year super trucker said it was my attitude..

Any of you stupid asses wanna see the whole conversations with recruiters drop and email and in will forward you the whole conversation and you can THEN tell me where my attitude was ****ty. I got ****tt with regards that didn't listen to my side of anything and just started to assume things..

I find it funny you all think you know me and if I will succeed at this like of work.. its driving a truck, hadjis that don't barely speak English do it.. you all aren't special lol.. super truckers that think they know everything like you all are usually the ones that end up in the ditch waiting on the rotator to come pull them out. Just because I don't drive over the road like you super truckers doesn't mean I'm new to being around the industry lol. Bunch of ****ing morons here.. no wonder they all talk **** on you on other pages lol.. peace out *****es.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

I hope all the recruiters "disrespect" you. Dont need a hot head like you behind the wheel.

Yeah because you know so much about me because of my actions on a forum lol.. your a putz.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

VA apprenticeship

I read this earlier and decided to let others reply.

Josh I believe you were referring to me; the “Swift day cab driver”, because Brett never drove for Swift. What I drive is not a day cab, it’s an LW with a deep setback front axle that is a highly effective truck for negotiating the close quarter maneuvering I am frequently faced with running Walmart.

If somehow running a day cab for Swift diminishes the viability and validity of my advice, I’ll let the hundreds of newbies, students and drivers I have effectively and willingly helped over the years answer to that. The ones that got their CDL, survived road training and professional driving experience beyond their first year. Things that you may never experience with any company.

Why would you insult me or anyone else like you did? No right...it was totally Chicken****.

Honestly though, I seriously could care less what you have to say...about Swift, Brett, me, Stevens...whatever. You come across as a bitter, vulgar, and extremely belligerent human being, very easy to ignore and walk away from. Obviously the issue we see with your behavior is only the tip of your iceberg.

If you are what you claim to be, we’d all expect you to be respectful, open-minded and not exhibit the shameful and immature behavior bestowed upon us today. It’s likely how you treated all of the recruiters who have turned a deaf ear and a blind eye towards your application. You reap what you sow Josh. You proved that in spades.

It’s a real shame, we are here to help you and all that you managed to demonstrate is somewhere along the way you learned to not only shoot your mouth off,... but both of your feet as well.

Nope, not how treated any of the recruiters, send me an email and I'll show you exactly how I acted with them. I'll even send ya dd214 to prove I'm who I say I am..