Profile For Steven E.

Steven E.'s Info

2 years, 11 months ago

Steven E.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

I have finally decided that Brett is "Trolling" his own website. No one person can have so many warped views of the way the world works.

Please delete my profile from the site. I won't be back and do not want to be associated with this place.

Brett I apologize for comparing you to the Unabomber. That would require a knowledge of chemistry, thermodynamics, etc. I doubt that you believe in any of those things.

First of all, Brett can do what he wants - it is, after all, his site.

Plus, you give no specific detailed examples as to which of his views are "warped" or to what extent.

Your post is simply personal abuse. The only conclusion one can come to is, those who disagree with you hold views that are "warped."

So if you want to go, go. Be off with you. Good riddance.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Going to California?

I don't co to California but you are asking about their situation for a few months down the line. Things can and do change there frequently. Could change 2-3 times by the time you go. Personally I stay in the eastern half of the country and I haven't worn a mask in 4 or 5 months. Walmart in Ohio I believe tried to make me wear on a few weeks ago. I ask the greeter about her having a face shield and no mask and looked inside, literally 3 people out of 50 or so had one on, even the workers had it protecting their chin so I thanked her and took it since I'd already touched it then dropped it in the cart and went shopping. I don't believe I'll ever actually wear one again. The government will never successfully get Americans to wear them again. The genie is out of the bottle and won't go back in. Americans have seen that they don't work and are no longer afraid like they once were.

The evidence from the Danmask experiment as well as other studies indicate strongly that face diapers do little or nothing to screen out the Wuhan virus. It has always been maintained that wearing one does not prevent you from getting the disease - only from spreading it to others, which is illogical on its face. If it doesn't stop the spread in one direction it will not stop it in the other.

Besides, I can't breathe with one on. I stopped wearing them the spring of 2020.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

"Science generally agrees that masks will prevent the spread of any virus."

"Science" agrees to no such thing - this quite aside from the fact that "science" cannot agree to anything.

The Danmask study, among others, provides strong evidence that masks do little or nothing to stop the spread of the Wuhan virus. The virus particles are too small for any mask to filter them out. That is known.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

I wear the mask in public when appropriate. I know isn't effective so much. But the fear I saw at the grocery store in the elderly in April 2020 made me realize that I wear it for them.

Wearing it puts the elderly at ease in public. There is no other reason I wear one

That was over a year ago. I wore one for a short while around the same time period for the same reason everyone else did - because we didn't really know at that time what we were dealing with.

But, this is now, not 18 months ago. We know far more now than we did then. And, the way to dispel fear is to educate people about the true nature of the risk and what reasonable measures can be taken.

Unfortunately, the whole Wuhan debate has never been conducted in an atmosphere of reason. It has instead been an atmosphere of panic, hysteria, and the-sky-is-falling.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

Mountain Matt replies:

The discussions even in this forum topic about the virus and vaccine are interesting and important, but no one should be labeled a 'terrorist' for opposing COVID measures. That's simply unhelpful, alarmist rhetoric. And I'm an atheist, but when did "religious holidays" and 9/11 remembrances become "Potential Terror Threats"?

The image isn't saying people who believe or observe those things are terror threats, it's saying those things may be why certain violent extremists may commit acts of terrorism. That's based on what they're hearing listening in on the chatter of these violent extremists groups.

The full story won't fit on a television infographic:

That is the conclusion you the viewer are expected to come to - that a belief there was vote fraud in the 2020 election (which there clearly was) or opposition to "COVID measures" - meaning, apparently, the wildly disproportionate responses to a disease having a 98 ~ 99% recovery rate - are "terrorist threats." No other conclusion suggests itself.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

Folks, I've known several people who didn't want it but got it because they were pressured into it by the media, friends, family, and rumors. Do not let anyone pressure you into it.

If trucking companies required it, they would have a fleet of empty trucks in their terminal within a week.

If you've held out this long, just hang on a little longer. Do not let anyone pressure you into it.

Especially with the reports coming out now about side effects, and increasing evidence that the "vaccine" - which isn't actually a vaccine at all - may be causing the Delta variant, or at least contributing to it.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Going to California?

I am contemplating a trip to southern California from the Chicago area the 3rd week of January. Can someone tell me what the Wuhan situation is in areas I would be passing through - face diapers, etc? I know it's several months away, but I'm trying to get an idea of the potential "lay of the land."

Posted:  5 months ago

Let me see if I understand...

Let’s make one thing clear. Only 10 consecutive hours off-duty will fully reset your 11 and 14-hour clocks. You cannot fully reset your 11-hour and 14-hour clocks when utilizing the split-sleeper-berth provision. It’s important that you realize that. You will restore specific amounts of time to them. At the same time you will be extending the limit on your 14-hour clock.

Yes, I understand the longer of the two breaks have to be in the sleeper.

But, regarding restoring specific hours of time, I'm not sure how that works exactly. Can you give an example?

Posted:  5 months ago

Let me see if I understand...

I've been reading about "splitting" the 10-hour off duty time. Is this correct?

A driver must be off-duty for at least 10 hours during any 24-hour period, 8 hours of which must be spent in a sleeper.

But, you don't have to take the 10 hours in one fell stroke. You can take a 2-hour break, continue driving until your limit is reached, then take 8 hours, Or, you can take a 3-hour break and take 7 hours later.

As long as your off-duty time totals 10 hours you're OK.

Is this right?

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

I-80 WB between Hazel Crest, IL and Joliet

I understand traffic was at a complete standstill on I-80 WB today in Illinois. I was not caught in it, but some people I know told me they sat in their vehicle for 4 hours before finally getting to an exit and taking surface streets the rest of the way they had to go. Does anyone know anything about what may have happened?

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

CDL Medical Certificate - license cancellation?

Yes I changed my self-certification. I discovered my license was only good for intrastate driving so I had it changed to interstate. I did that in February of 2019.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

CDL Medical Certificate - license cancellation?

One of my questions is, I have never been asked to submit an MEC before, even though I have been a CDL driver for several years prior to this. Why this now?

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

CDL Medical Certificate - license cancellation?

I need some help. I am in Illinois (Chicagoland area). On Saturday I received a letter from the Secretary of State's office informing me that my an order had gone in for my license to be canceled on the 19th of this month because, quoting from the letter, I had "failed to submit an acceptable Medical Examiner's Certificate..." I renewed my MEC January 1st of this year and it is good until January 1, 2023. I have had a CDL for several years now and this is the first time I have ever encountered this. I don't know why I received a letter like this on this occasion. Can someone based in Illinois or familiar with Illinois law help me to know what to do? I have emailed and faxed my MEC along with a cover letter and a copy of the letter they sent me to the email addresses and fax numbers provided for the Illinois SOS office. What do I do from here?

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

About transmissions - multi-speed rear axles

I am curious about something. I know that in the past trucks used multi (2 or 4) speed rear axles to achieve multiple speeds forward. But I read now that multi-speed differentials have pretty much disappeared. So, how do modern-day trucks implement 9, 10, 13, 15 or 18-speed transmissions if not with a multi-speed differential, and what, exactly, does the Range Selector on such trucks (with manual transmissions) do?

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Manual transmissions in Illinois

In the state of Illinois, the new trucks are all being ordered with automatic transmissions. I wondered why until I was finally told the reason by a Peterbilt truck and leasing company. The law was changed in this state at some point such that, whatever vehicle you take you driving test in when applying for your license is the vehicle you can drive - if you take your test in a truck having an automatic transmission, that's all you can drive, which was not the case previously. Does anyone know if other states enacted similar statutes? (I took my test with a manual transmission.)

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

When to know how to start your backing

For what it may be worth, I used to have problems with backing in the past, and I figured out the primary thing I was doing wrong was, not pulling far enough forward. Believe it or not, I actually learned a lot by practicing backing with my Econoline van, as I drive only periodically. I have never counted the number of truck lengths, but as someone said earlier, go further rather than shorter and use your mirrors. Get out and look if you have to.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Could I still get hired if I have pending charges?

You know I've had plenty of arguments with the wife, just like everyone else, but the moment it escalates into having the potential for cops to be called is when you need to be a gentleman and find a way to diffuse the situation. Apologize, whatever. I have learned the hard way that women are usually right so I'm going to side with her and tell you to mess with someone your own size and don't hit women - especially your wife!

Actually, according to police statistics, in cases of domestic disputes woman-on-man assaults are just as common as the other way around - and in cases of the more violent altercations, two-thirds of the time it's the women involved who start it, by their own admission.

That said, every effort should be made to avoid a dispute escalating into a physical confrontation - although if she starts to try to hit you or throw things at you, you need to deal with it. Some women are crazy.

For myself, I'm willing to apologize - but only if I believe I'm in the wrong. I will never say anything I don't believe to be true. And I will never say I'm sorry if I'm not.

Posted:  1 year, 6 months ago

Automatic vs. manual tansmissions?

I am a Class B driver who drives a few times per year. I have a full-time profession in another business. But, I am curious - nearly all of the CDL trucks available for rent now are equipped with automatic transmissions. I recently had a conversation with a driver who was delivering a load to a company I consult for, and he mentioned as how the truck fleets for shipping companies are switching over to automatics - that virtually the only way to get a tractor with a manual is by special order. He told me his own truck (a Volvo, if I remember correctly) had a 10-speed Allison automatic. Does anyone here have a preference one way or the other - manual over automatic or vice versa?

Posted:  1 year, 10 months ago

Freightliner M2 106 Air

I'm currently driving a Ryder Freightliner M2 106. When I drain the air tank at the end of a shift, only one air gauge is going to "0" - the other one shows a tank fully charged. I cannot find but one tank, but I'm told this particular truck has an "air dryer" which filters out water, etc., from the air so that only air is pumped into the air tank. If so, where is it, what does it look like, and is it supposed to be drained the same as the tank?

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago