Profile For Steven E.

Steven E.'s Info

3 years, 5 months ago

Steven E.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Ultra Class Trucks

I am curious:

What kind of license is required to drive an ultra-class truck such as a Caterpillar 797F?

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Supreme Court blocks vaccine mandate

Unfortunately, most people who use the term " fascist" have no idea what the word means or what it was originally intended to describe, and simply use it as an epithet for someone they either don't like or whose p9licies they disagree with (usually the former). It is one more example of the degradation of language, on a par with "neocon," "racist," "sexual harassment," etc. But, there really is such a thing as "fascism," and throwing the word carelessly around makes talking about it unnecessarily difficult.

Facsism🤔 LOL! A few years ago every alarmist in the country was accusing Trump of Fascism. Now Biden is a facsist. Politics are confusing. Makes my head hurt trying to keep up with who we are told to view as the boogeyman. Wait a few years. We will have our latest "fascist" leader by then.

rofl-2.gif

Yep. Hard to keep track of whether we are at war with Eurasia or Eastasia.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

States that don’t use snow plows

I found this an interesting question so I did a couple of lookups.

Virtually every state that experiences significant snowfall during winter season maintains a fleet of snowplows to keep roads clear, particularly highways and major arteries.

The condition right now is is, a shortage of snowplow drivers in several areas. The pay isn't very good and the job involves driving in sometimes hazardous conditions.

The best plan is, to check ahead for road conditions where you need to go and drive accordingly.

Also, know the laws regarding passing snowplows. Doing so is against the law in some states, in others not.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Will You Take The Jab?

I'm not wearing a face diaper, nor am I getting stuck.

Neither one does anything to prevent either infection or transmission.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

The verdict is in……. 110 years concurrent life sentences

Https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/12/colorado_da_celebrates_with_grotesque_trophy_after_trucker_whose_brakes_failed_sentenced_to_110_years_in_prison.html

I found this article interesting.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

The verdict is in……. 110 years concurrent life sentences

I was addressing the legal issues involved and the way the story has taken shape, especially this past week.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

The verdict is in……. 110 years concurrent life sentences

Steven E wrote:

How is unsafe operation of an 80k CMV, and the ensuing carnage not about trucking?

It is. But, judging by the 12 pages of comments posted on this subject, those aspects were dealt with so it stopped being about trucking some time ago.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

The verdict is in……. 110 years concurrent life sentences

This is no longer about trucking. I do not want or intend to abuse the authority Brett has given me to ban Chris.

The best way to quiet Chris is to remove his platform. Stop replying to him. And he will move on.

Actually it has never been about trucking - and if so only peripherally. It seems to me so far there are two questions:

1. What was the driver's state of mind at the time of the accident?

2. Are Colorado's mandatory sentencing guidelines too harsh?

The first question is important because, if it was not in his mind to kill anyone he is not guilty of "murder" - at least not first-degree murder. In the Torah, for example, the distinction is drawn between "killing at unawares" and killing with the specific intent of taking a person's life. Our legal system has something very similar in the different types of crimes involved when someone loses his life at someone else's hands - first-degree or second-degree murder, voluntary or involuntary manslaughter, criminally negilgent homicide, etc. Interesting, this driver was not convicted of murder but of assault and attempted assault.

From what I have gathered, a lot of what led to the petitions on behalf of the driver was, unhappiness with the mandatory sentencing guidelines in Colorado. I will be interested in what happens from here.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

The verdict is in……. 110 years concurrent life sentences

I think you mean "consecutive," not "concurrent."

He was found guilty of 27 counts, and "...at the time of Aguilera-Mederos’ sentencing, the judge said he didn’t have much choice because the man was convicted of first-degree assault and attempted first-degree assault — both are classified as crimes of violence that have both a sentencing minimum and require that multiple convictions are served consecutively."

The latest on this is that "...Jefferson County District Attorney Alexis King filed two formal requests for reconsideration on Aguilera-Medero’s steep sentence in the last week — including one filed Tuesday requesting another hearing be expedited." "A Jefferson County Judge has granted a reconsideration hearing...."

The above is from the CPR (Colorado Public Radio) website.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

I have finally decided that Brett is "Trolling" his own website. No one person can have so many warped views of the way the world works.

Please delete my profile from the site. I won't be back and do not want to be associated with this place.

Brett I apologize for comparing you to the Unabomber. That would require a knowledge of chemistry, thermodynamics, etc. I doubt that you believe in any of those things.

First of all, Brett can do what he wants - it is, after all, his site.

Plus, you give no specific detailed examples as to which of his views are "warped" or to what extent.

Your post is simply personal abuse. The only conclusion one can come to is, those who disagree with you hold views that are "warped."

So if you want to go, go. Be off with you. Good riddance.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Going to California?

I don't co to California but you are asking about their situation for a few months down the line. Things can and do change there frequently. Could change 2-3 times by the time you go. Personally I stay in the eastern half of the country and I haven't worn a mask in 4 or 5 months. Walmart in Ohio I believe tried to make me wear on a few weeks ago. I ask the greeter about her having a face shield and no mask and looked inside, literally 3 people out of 50 or so had one on, even the workers had it protecting their chin so I thanked her and took it since I'd already touched it then dropped it in the cart and went shopping. I don't believe I'll ever actually wear one again. The government will never successfully get Americans to wear them again. The genie is out of the bottle and won't go back in. Americans have seen that they don't work and are no longer afraid like they once were.

The evidence from the Danmask experiment as well as other studies indicate strongly that face diapers do little or nothing to screen out the Wuhan virus. It has always been maintained that wearing one does not prevent you from getting the disease - only from spreading it to others, which is illogical on its face. If it doesn't stop the spread in one direction it will not stop it in the other.

Besides, I can't breathe with one on. I stopped wearing them the spring of 2020.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

"Science generally agrees that masks will prevent the spread of any virus."

"Science" agrees to no such thing - this quite aside from the fact that "science" cannot agree to anything.

The Danmask study, among others, provides strong evidence that masks do little or nothing to stop the spread of the Wuhan virus. The virus particles are too small for any mask to filter them out. That is known.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

I wear the mask in public when appropriate. I know isn't effective so much. But the fear I saw at the grocery store in the elderly in April 2020 made me realize that I wear it for them.

Wearing it puts the elderly at ease in public. There is no other reason I wear one

That was over a year ago. I wore one for a short while around the same time period for the same reason everyone else did - because we didn't really know at that time what we were dealing with.

But, this is now, not 18 months ago. We know far more now than we did then. And, the way to dispel fear is to educate people about the true nature of the risk and what reasonable measures can be taken.

Unfortunately, the whole Wuhan debate has never been conducted in an atmosphere of reason. It has instead been an atmosphere of panic, hysteria, and the-sky-is-falling.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

Mountain Matt replies:

The discussions even in this forum topic about the virus and vaccine are interesting and important, but no one should be labeled a 'terrorist' for opposing COVID measures. That's simply unhelpful, alarmist rhetoric. And I'm an atheist, but when did "religious holidays" and 9/11 remembrances become "Potential Terror Threats"?

The image isn't saying people who believe or observe those things are terror threats, it's saying those things may be why certain violent extremists may commit acts of terrorism. That's based on what they're hearing listening in on the chatter of these violent extremists groups.

The full story won't fit on a television infographic:

That is the conclusion you the viewer are expected to come to - that a belief there was vote fraud in the 2020 election (which there clearly was) or opposition to "COVID measures" - meaning, apparently, the wildly disproportionate responses to a disease having a 98 ~ 99% recovery rate - are "terrorist threats." No other conclusion suggests itself.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

Folks, I've known several people who didn't want it but got it because they were pressured into it by the media, friends, family, and rumors. Do not let anyone pressure you into it.

If trucking companies required it, they would have a fleet of empty trucks in their terminal within a week.

If you've held out this long, just hang on a little longer. Do not let anyone pressure you into it.

Especially with the reports coming out now about side effects, and increasing evidence that the "vaccine" - which isn't actually a vaccine at all - may be causing the Delta variant, or at least contributing to it.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Going to California?

I am contemplating a trip to southern California from the Chicago area the 3rd week of January. Can someone tell me what the Wuhan situation is in areas I would be passing through - face diapers, etc? I know it's several months away, but I'm trying to get an idea of the potential "lay of the land."

Posted:  1 year ago

Let me see if I understand...

Let’s make one thing clear. Only 10 consecutive hours off-duty will fully reset your 11 and 14-hour clocks. You cannot fully reset your 11-hour and 14-hour clocks when utilizing the split-sleeper-berth provision. It’s important that you realize that. You will restore specific amounts of time to them. At the same time you will be extending the limit on your 14-hour clock.

Yes, I understand the longer of the two breaks have to be in the sleeper.

But, regarding restoring specific hours of time, I'm not sure how that works exactly. Can you give an example?

Posted:  1 year ago

Let me see if I understand...

I've been reading about "splitting" the 10-hour off duty time. Is this correct?

A driver must be off-duty for at least 10 hours during any 24-hour period, 8 hours of which must be spent in a sleeper.

But, you don't have to take the 10 hours in one fell stroke. You can take a 2-hour break, continue driving until your limit is reached, then take 8 hours, Or, you can take a 3-hour break and take 7 hours later.

As long as your off-duty time totals 10 hours you're OK.

Is this right?

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

I-80 WB between Hazel Crest, IL and Joliet

I understand traffic was at a complete standstill on I-80 WB today in Illinois. I was not caught in it, but some people I know told me they sat in their vehicle for 4 hours before finally getting to an exit and taking surface streets the rest of the way they had to go. Does anyone know anything about what may have happened?

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

CDL Medical Certificate - license cancellation?

Yes I changed my self-certification. I discovered my license was only good for intrastate driving so I had it changed to interstate. I did that in February of 2019.