Comments By Chris M.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0441601001556586942-86060.jpg avatar
  • Chris M.
  • 9 months, 3 weeks ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

What do you guys think about Roehl ?

Hey burt, welcome. I start my training with Roehl June 10th, in my opinion they seem like a great company to start out with, I'm doing Flatbed training. As Brice has said, Research, research, research. They also have great articles here on how to pick a company. Best of luck to ya!!!!

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

Off to ROEHL I go!!!

So I just got back from my doctors and he has given me two choices. 1. Remove my gallbladder (which he recommends) 2. Check back in 3 months from now and do more blood test to see if my liver enzymes are still high and do an ultrasound to make sure my polyp hasn't grown more. I went with number 2, so I can startvmy journey in the trucking business and hopefully it is the right choice. I dont have any symptoms.... my stomach don't hurt, I dont have any weird pains. But that's what I chose and off the roehl I go this sunday.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

Does Roehl Charge Tuition If You Fail Your CDL Exam?

Thanks for all your opinions. It's not a contract thing I'm worried about I plan on doing at least 2 years with roehl with flatbed otr (gotta put in my time). It's just the overthinking that's killing me about what if I fail (I mean I'm not scared to fail, we all fail and that's what makes us succeed) would I rather be 3.5k in debt or 7k? That is my only concern. But I can't think like that and just going to go for it and give it my all.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

Does Roehl Charge Tuition If You Fail Your CDL Exam?

Yeah I guess. But 7k is a bit too steep. My community college charges 3.5k for a 10 week class. That might be the better route.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

Does Roehl Charge Tuition If You Fail Your CDL Exam?

So I was reading a post from Avvatar that he went through Roehl Transport paid CDL training and didn't pass the driving portion and never received his CDL. From what I've been reading he will still have to pay the 7k, If that is true that is ridiculous! And have me second guessing going with roehl. I will have to call them and ask, and if that's the case I mind as well either go with another company or pay for my own schooling instead.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

Off to ROEHL I go!!!

Craig L. Correct, I see him tomorrow and hopefully everything goes well. Doug C. I appreciate it buddy. Means alot!

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Off to ROEHL I go!!!

Yeah, health is the most important thing and I agree PackRat, I will fight to keep my gallbladder if possible but if it turns out to be malignant, then it will have to go. But hopefully it doesn't come down to that. And If ROEHL wont work with me then I'll have to find a different company to start out with no problem. I will keep yall posted.

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Off to ROEHL I go!!!

Well, This sucks. So I went to my doctors to have my wellness exam a couple of weeks ago before my insurance from my old job was no good before I start with ROEHL, and my blood test came back with my liver enzymes higher than normal. Thursday I went to do an ultrasound on my stomach so they could look at my organs. Test came back and I had to see my Doctor today, and they told me everything came back fine Except my gallbladder. They found a 1.1 cm polyp (hopefully not cancerous) on it and want me to see a General Surgeon on June 3rd, and I leave for Wisconsin on June 9th to start my Training on June 10th. If they want to do surgery to remove my gallbladder that means I have to cancel my training and I dont know if they would reschedule my training or just drop me all together. but I will talk to my recruiter after I talk to my surgeon. and I just received my hard copy of my CLP today too, I'm kinda bummed out but I guess that's life. so we shall see

Posted:  8 months, 4 weeks ago

Going to CDL School soon and nervous about backing a trailer!

Appreciate all of you and the tips. Yeah for my PC game I have a steering wheel. So far it is helping me backing up on the simulator but it's a totally different ball game in the real deal, hopefully all the tip and trick on videos and learning in the game with help. Again thanks for everything!

Posted:  8 months, 4 weeks ago

Going to CDL School soon and nervous about backing a trailer!

So I guess with every new driver there is a fear of backing a long trailer..... I'll be starting school in a few weeks with ROEHL for flatbed and I'm Terrified of trying to back that big behemoth into a tight spot. Hopefully me playing a pc game called "American Truck Simulator" will help me in that area as i can see how the trailer moves without worrying I will mess something up haha... I will be watching videos on youtube as well. any suggestions?

Posted:  9 months ago

Off to ROEHL I go!!!

Hello everybody, I've been on here for the past couple of weeks studying the High Road CDL Training Program and it was fun. Went to go do my DOT Physical and my Urine/Hair follicle Drug tests on 5/16, They handed me my Medical Card after I was done and off I went to the DPS to take my CLP. I passed all 4 test the same day thanks to TT and the study guide (Texas has an extra test I had to take but was a breeze. "Texas Commercial Rules".) I Decided on ROEHL bc of their great training program I had been reading about on here and other places. I depart from my home town of Houston, TX to join them on the Flatbed Fleet!!! Got off the phone with my recruiter earlier today and everything is a GO. I booked my flight to Marshfield, WI on June 9th and start my Training on June 10th. I'm excited and nervous to start this new chapter and career in my life. I'm 33 with no wife but do have a girlfriend and I have no kids, so this should be a big learning experience for me.

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Wil-Trans it might be.

Ok good deal. Yeah keep me updated and good luck!

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Wil-Trans it might be.

Not yet, Talked to Casey today and he needs to run my Background and Employer info, and he said he should call me tomorrow and let me know whats going on and how far they got. You applied yet?

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Wil-Trans it might be.

Hello All, So I applied for Wil Trans and Casey got back with me and said everything looked good on my app. and if everything goes good, I'll be leaving to MO on May 17th. Hopefully everything comes back good. Anyone working for Wil Trans got any advice for me? thanks!

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

New and ready to learn!

Thanks Everyone! I Got a few more questions. 1.) I wanna stay in shape as long as I can without gaining anymore weight. I was thinking about flatbed but to my understanding it's not recommended for a new guy like me bc of so much to learn all at once and was told to to dry van or reefer first to get experience driving the truck first for about a year or two. I totally understand... SAFETY FIRST! but I know it can be done. 2.) I wanna get my CLP before joining a company and i know some will train me to get my CLP, But i wanna be ahead and have it in hand before i get to the training. When I get my CLP will they take away my driver license? I know when I got my DLP they took away my ID bc I couldn't have both. is it the same with CLP?

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

New and ready to learn!

Hello Guys and Gals. I just wanted to drop a few lines in here about me. My name is Chris and I'm 33 years old from Houston, Tx. I Work as a HVAC Installer/Helper, The thing is I like doing HVAC but the been doing it for a couple of months and the company I work for is my Brother in-laws friend. The Owner and his friend and I work with each other but work isn't always there. 1.) They smoke weed and take their time about doing anything. 2.) They sometime don't take jobs and just lay around. 3.) We will work a couple of weeks and then we will be off for a couple. Not going be paying my bills like that. So about a couple of days ago I was driving and it finally hit me...... I always see big rigs on the road and it sparked my curiosity!!! I went home and started doing some research on google and it brought me her to fine people. So now that I'm hooked on this amazing website and the ton of information I'm gonna have to read, it only drives me more and more to pursue this career. I Have no kids but I do have a girlfriend (1 year) and she has a kid, I told her about me becoming a truck driver and she is cool with it, but I told her it's going to put alot of stress on our relationship but I don't think she knows how big of a impact it's going to be on her. I say her bc I've some articles on relationships and i can handle being alone. (been with my Ex Wife 10 years and went through a divorce and stayed single for 5 years.) but becoming a truck driver is something I've been thinking hard about the last couple days. For the hell of it I made an appointment to get my DOT Medical Card tomorrow ($60) not bad. I don't know if i should wait until I find a Company I wanna work for that has paid CDL Training or what? anyways, I look forward to reading and asking questions. Thanks in advance -Chris