Comments By Roger H.( aka Sinapu)

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig2.jpg avatar

Posted:  9 years ago

Decision Time ..

Thanks for your reply! Yes , I'm switching to a B and yes there is shifting as well, but a B truck is synchronized so there is no double-clutching involved. I've grown up on standard-shifting cars and trucks for many reasons ,two of which are more control and fuel economy. The trouble I'm having is getting the timing down of clutching- reving the RPM's -clutching again while shifting. Getting the timing down is my problem, I've got it down mentally but while I do have moments of greatness, the majority of them still suck. As we only have a few weeks left til testing I had to make the decision to go for the B , instead of gambling that I'll get it in time to be ready.

Posted:  9 years ago

Decision Time ..

Thanks for all of the motivational feedback, unfortunately the one thing this class doesn't have is extra time.. I talked with my instructors at the end of class today and decided to try for the B ,for now. A bit of a hit for the ego but I atleast want to come out with a B, instead of spending my limited drive-time trying to perfect the downshift and not being able to obtain either A or B...

Posted:  9 years ago

Decision Time ..

So here's the situation .. I'm almost halfway through Cdl school .I passed all three tests and have my A permit.My problem is downshifting, for the life of me i can't put it all together ,consistantly, even after (3) 2hour drive sessions . I might have to switch to a B test.This really sucks. i had prehire letters waiting for me...

Posted:  9 years ago

Starting school Monday Jan.6

Oh that's cool.. Me and another guy on here (Schism) are also starting on Monday as well.. The months of studying on this site of Brett's is going to put us ahead of the game , hopefully! Good luck in Toledo!

Posted:  9 years ago

Starting school Monday Jan.6

Hey Gary, WELCOME! By any chance are you starting school in Concord,NH??

Posted:  9 years ago

New Years

The only thing I am really happy about. At least I don't have to drive tonight. With all the drunks that are going to on the road later. No thank you.

Keep it safe out here, the life you save might be your own. Joe S.

I second the motion to be careful tonight. We used to call it "amateur night", because there were so many MORE drunks out on the road, besides US professionals..

Finally start school on Monday, very excited. Thanks to everyone for all the support and information!!

Posted:  9 years, 1 month ago

A CLEAN AND SOBER TRUCK DRIVER!

It's totally amazing how I always seem to get what I need, on this site.. As the start of my new adventure begins, with my CDL classes starting on Jan 6th, my girlfriend and I were just reflecting this evening about our drinking days, how lucky we are to be alive and sober. She with 8 years and me with 15. Lots of Gratitude this evening for my HP for without I would never have a chance on starting this new career..

Happy Holidays and be safe out there!

Posted:  9 years, 1 month ago

Finished First Week Of Schneider Orientation

How's that snow?? We're just starting to get it up here. Heavy or light??

Posted:  9 years, 1 month ago

Staying below the radar

Sort of a weird question? I, like everyone else in my position, starting school in January, scrambling to learn as much as possible and interpret truth from fiction, especially on YouTube. So I go through school, get my CDL with all the applicable endorsements, with any luck after that I'm off to train with a good company, basically at this point my future is in the hands of my trainer. So half-way through my training, he decides to interview me on camera about my experience so far with the company. To be honest, I'm a little freaked out by this being that once the interview is on the internet for all to see, well I don't see any good coming out of it, for me at least. I just see someone in management seeing this video I made with my trainer, possibly misinterpreting something I said, and boom, I'm on the next eastbound bus back to NH.

Am I way over thinking this?

Posted:  9 years, 1 month ago

Prime Inc. trainer wants to take time off but I'm stuck

Hi all ,

I'm really curious to what the outcome is for this specific situation as I've been talking to Prime's training company, Montgomery Trucking Company . As with everything else we cant control, it'll happen the way it's supposed to.

Posted:  9 years, 1 month ago

This guy is at it again. Anyone need a laugh?

Man.. this disgruntled idiot is all over CL here in NH to , but in these he contradicts himself. Obviously has way too much time on his hands..wtf.gif

Northeast Opportunities

Roger ,

Jan 6th huh !! nice... If the WIA rep up here completes his short to do list in the next week and a half I should be starting then as well . Your going to CDSofNH I am guessing ?

Did they tell you Werner was going to be there Dec 6th ? The school called me yesterday and are trying to get my face to face interview type thing with the school owners, the dot/criminal/dmv and the Werner presentation all done on that Dec date .

~S~

Wow! That's great and you are correct about the school. I have not heard anything about Werner being there on the sixth! That's awesome, I gotta give Kathy a call.

Northeast Opportunities

Hey everybody,

Sitting here at 2 am because every time I try to close my laptop, another question pops into my head and so far they've all been getting answered. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to share your experience, strength and hope. I'm here in the White Mountains of NH studying and testing daily with this site alone. Starting school on January 6th full-time for 6 weeks in Concord, got a first verbal notification(Werner) of a letter that's going to be sent to my school, I'm wondering what specific companies I might look into ,here in the Northeast maybe Dedicated or Regional routes, or should I just send an application to everyone??

Thanks!

Pre-Hires rolling in!

I totally agree!! I just got my first notification from Werner , saying they're going to send a letter to my school. May not be much ,but enough to get me excited!

New to New Hampshire BEWARE

Thanks for the heads up, I actually saw a state trooper doing one when I went to get my Records . Guess I really better know my stuff. In reality I'm always up for a challenge which is why I'm doing this instead of a safer, predictable career.

I'm actually right in the middle between Concord and Portland. Thanks again

Received a job offer

Man, that was quick! Good job, I guess there's hope for the rest of us.

New to New Hampshire BEWARE

Thanks for the info Dave, I'm starting in January at the school in Concord

Difficult Decision time

I really don't envy your situation as we seem to be sort of in the same spot, only you're a couple of months ahead of me. I left a home and a good job on the seacoast of NH for the opportunity of lifetime in the White mountains, long story short, the situation changed and I was out of home and job but had already started a relationship that I couldn't leave. After realizing that the jobs are limited to anyone who hasn't spent a life in RETAIL up here I decided to finally get my CDL A. The VA is paying for my 6 week training in Concord, thankfully. So hopefully I'll be as lucky as you by the end of February. Good luck on what you decide.

CDL Private School Not listed

What a wonderful website, just what I've been looking for ! I'm signed up for a private school that's not listed anywhere on this site and just curious about why.I think I'm just looking to see if anyone here in the Northeast has ever had any experience with them. They have fairly new trucks and seem like a great organization.Husband and wife owned, 8 students per class with two instructors.

They are : Commercial Driving School located in Concord,NH

Thanks!

I PASSED

Congrats BRO . Hope my testing day is a lot more uneventful!