Profile For DC.

DC.'s Info

Springfield, MO

In CDL School

1 year, 1 month ago

DC.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Is it at all possible to be a trucker in the USA coming from the UK?

I'm curious how that might work the opposite way? Drivers from the US heading over to the UK to drive in Europe, or perhaps Central/South America. I understand our US license won't work. Just curious about the opportunities

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Jim Palmer or Wil Trans

Thank you for the answers. This is the info I was looking for.

DC

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Jim Palmer or Wil Trans

Old School, you've obviously been around awhile. Thank you for your response.

The reason I asked is because I don't just take anyone's word for things, I make an attempt to verify. Having never been in this business I've heard lots of stories about companies that one probably would not want to work for. I was in the automatic transmission business for 40 years, there are some great companies and there are some crappy ones that I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work with. That is why I was trying to find someone who currently drives with them to see if they are a decent company to drive for.

Based upon your answer, is what you're saying, I can basically go to any company and it will be great? Every trucking company out there is a great company and I shouldn't check out who I drive for? Is that what you're telling me?

Thank you again for taking the time to respond to an old newbie like me.

DC

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Jim Palmer or Wil Trans

Does anyone here currently work for either of these companies? I am in my 2nd week of school looking to climb aboard with someone. The reason I ask is because someone mentioned to me they are now owned by Prime, and I was told I might want to reconsider. But I figured I might run this up the flag pole and see what someone who currently drives for them has to say.

thank you in advance.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Driving with a dog.

Wow, thanks. Great answers everyone. I know exactly what to do! My dog is about 10 to 15 pounds outside the weight limit for a company, so I guess I will find a company that doesn't care, or I will find another career since I'm single and have no one to care for me dog but me!

Thanks again for the thoughtfulness and time you all take in answering questions.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Driving with a dog.

Hi, I have seen some of the restrictions that companies have for pets, weight restrictions, etc. My question is; How does a company actually know if your pet is over their weight restriction, and has anyone brought a pet along with them that did not fit their guidelines, by weight, etc.

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

You are correct Brent. After removing myself from the situation, I discovered this had nothing to do with the advice given, and everything to do with me being unhappy that things are not going my way.

My apologies to all who I may have made snark comments to, and to myself for not realizing or recognizing what I was actually feeling.

So I am taking another job for a few months until thc tests come out negative, and I will reapply to school. If my grant runs out, then I can always go to paid training.

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

It's kind of pointless to continue this thread.. Don thinks I just didn't hear what I wanted.. I asked a pretty specific question. I get that it is difficult to answer this question. As for symptoms from cold turkey? I'm not a drug addict. I have anxiety, it's caused by PTSD, or so I'm told; I'm not a doctor.. I have tried medical prescriptions, and those made me feel dead inside, and there are also side effects that have caused people to kill themselves, so I'm not a fan of those and I don't need to contribute to the opioid thing; so I am trying alternative therapies. Weed worked, really well, but can't use that and drive, I get it... My anxieties create difficulties working with other people face to face every day, which is probably why I was laid off; this is one of the reasons I thought driving might be good, I can be my own boss and I don't have to deal with people face to face all day.. But whatever, I can make my own way, and I will.. Yea, I will admit that hearing that home tests aren't accurate, and 6 to 9 months time for this stuff to leave my system (if that is even accurate) and all the other things have spooked me. I don't want to ruin something before it happens, but damn.. some people go through struggles others could never imagine; until it happens to them that is. Until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, and I do try to do that.. Have a great one!!

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

Well, my mistake was doing weed, which is medicinal, nothing else.. Didn't even smoke it, just used tincture to help with anxiety and depression, but apparently used too frequently.. No more depression!! Maybe some day.. I filled out an application with Penmac.. Funny to have to do that after making over 65k a year, with the same company for 25 years and getting laid off. I can make 10 bucks an hour somewhere maybe. Have a great day all.

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

Thanks everyone.. I've decided that I wont bother trying to attend school.. I am so afraid now that I will have a positive test, even after stopping, I don't even want to try. I thought I might be a decent candidate for driving, seeing I've never had an accident, and I haven't had a traffic ticket in over 30 years.. dang...

I kinda thought it might be a mistake to post here, I was hopeful, but now I'm too scared.

thanks again

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

As I said previously, I'm not trying to skirt the system, or trick a test into showing a false negative. I'm okay with not using cannabis, I don't agree with the regulations and illegality of it, but that is a philosophical issue. I appreciate the sentiment. I am concerned with hair follicle, because I've read where people have tested positive after 6 months, and that really worries me short term until that time.

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

Thank you again, much appreciated.

Blessings, and safety to you all.

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

Thank you all for taking time to reply. It's all good advice, and I thank you for it.

Does anyone who might be a recent hire, or know a recent hire of Prime, know offhand if they do hair follicle testing, or just Urinalysis? I would prefer to not have to do hair follicle now, for obvious reasons, that could tack on another maybe 60 days. But whatever it ends up being, it ends up being.

Thank you all again, I hope to see you on the road one day soon.

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

I'm 55 and starting a new career after being in the same field for 40 years.. About a two years ago, I started using cannabis. When I got laid off I thought I'd be able to find work.. Well, that hasn't happened, so I decided I was going to go to CDL school. I stopped using that and am seeking alternative ways.

So, I've been 40 days without, and still showing positive on a home test, that is why I am curious about their policy/procedures. I'm not sure if they test on day 1, or not. I'm not sure if they send you to a lab, or whether it is done at the school. If it's day 1, I will need to wait, if it's in a week or two after, then I should be okay.

This new career is very important, so if I need to wait, I will wait. It's tough though when you've been out of work for as long as I have.. I'm still looking at another 4 weeks, likely going to school, so time is of the essence, as I've been out of work for over 6 months. There is no money left. I was able to get a grant for school and I do not want to mess this up.

This is the reasoning for my question. I'm not trying to skirt the system, I just wanna work and make a living.

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

You're right, I have waited. I figured 40 days out would be okay, but apparently for me, that isn't the case. This is why I was wondering about the schools policies. I will be finding out soon, and if I need to wait on school, so be it.

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

Thank you, those things I already knew. I was more curious about the actual schools policy. I'll just show up tomorrow and let them know what is going on. Honesty is the best policy, but sometimes people judge before they know.

Posted:  12 months ago

Drug testing for CDL school

I am curious if anyone can tell me what the requirements or provisions might be for attending CDL school.

I am planning on attending C1 in Strafford, MO and I really do not wish to ask them about their testing policy and/or procedures because I do not want to raise any red flags. I was curious if someone may have that info and want to share.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.