Comments By Will P.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0573427001583631254-92237.jpg avatar
  • Will P.
  • 11 months, 4 weeks ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  10 months ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

First time I've seen this since I was a kid! The Mighty Alabama in Mobile Bay! Had stores in Pensacola, Gulf Shores, and Mobile today.

0058125001585082641.jpg0196179001585082701.jpg

Posted:  10 months ago

Going solo!

1st load went great no issues. Had one tight dock backing between an empty that was barely within the dock and a block wall with bollards with guide rails (that were obviously installed after the fact). GOALed for my reference points and slipped it on in no problem. Now waiting at the DC again on standby in case I can get a load early.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Going solo!

Hey folks been reading and taking in everything here for the last couple of months and after weeks with my mentor I'm getting ready to head out for my first solo load later tonight/morning(what have you). Going to keep these groceries going in all this hullabaloo! Thanks for all the advise and knowledge that has been posted here...adding up to thousands of years total experience I'm sure Hope to update as I can!

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Swift decision driving class

Well got an update...incandescent disregard those message about that class. Finally got in touch with someone and it was not updated that I had taken that during the Swift academy orientation...glad to know now lol. Thanks guys! (And gals!)

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Swift decision driving class

Thanks! Will do!

Will, what you just described is a likely scenario that will occur on a frequent basis. Especially in the rain within the limits of any urban center.

Think about how you will handle it in the future. They will probably ask you that.

Safe travels.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

And heres Cape Coral Fl

0600220001584301241.jpg0997961001584301259.jpg

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

Forgot to hit GO! Here's Chickamauga Lake

0351649001584301155.jpg0868258001584301187.jpg

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Swift decision driving class

That could very well be the case. In raining Atlanta traffic I had a car that changed lanes right in front of me causing me to get the distance warning. I immediately began slowing down to have that following distance increased but with it raining I didnt want to hard brake. I did get a following distance event from that...and I think it was the next day that that message came across...it shows as resolved after review and when I emailed about it I've never gotten a response back.

I drove for swift briefly but I didnt have to take that course. I understand that your still in training, correct? Did you perhaps get a drive cam incident that is why they want you to take that class? Sorry for assuming if that's not the case but as a new driver I never had to do that course.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Thoughts on the next step...

Hey yall I'm getting close to the end of my mentor period and am trying to decide on the next step. I could go OTR or regional solo but could just about step into a team option where I've been doing my mentorship at. I've been looking at both options and they are both very appealing...and now I'm torn. On one hand I can keep doing what I'm doing now as a team and have priority on loads and regular mileage with stop/delivery pay as well. The other is going solo, which is what I originally was looking to do, and be by myself. Any thoughts or other factors I should be considering would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Views From the Office Window (Post Yours Please!)

This is the first snow I've seen this year!

0520915001583906708.jpg

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Knight transportation cdl school question.

I went to the Swift school in Waco ga. We had several Knight folks in class with us

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Swift decision driving class

Ah okay I reckon it's something all new driver have to do then? I haven't even set foot in a terminal yet lol. But should be finishing my 200 driving hours with my mentor here in the next week, so that will probably warrant a home terminal visit haha!

It’s about 30 mins watching some video clips of drivers making bad decisions and going over the Smith System. You then get a “Diploma” that gets scanned and you’re done.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Swift decision driving class

Hey folks can nyone that drives for Swift tell me what the swift decision driving class is? I've gotten 2 messages on the QC I've been assigned to it. Gotta do it by 4/6 at a terminal.

Posted:  11 months ago

Running on Cretes Walmart Dedicated Fleet

The first weekend my mentor and I were doing dedicated reefer for Target...just helping out for the weekend...been running it ever since and keeping us rolling

Posted:  11 months ago

What did you do before becoming a truck driver?

I drove trucks in the Army for 5 years then worked as a wildlife and nuisance control technician and had been thinking about getting back into it. On dec. 31st, after watching my drill slide down a 14-12 old shingle roof that was about 4 stories up,I realized that could've been me had I shifted my position anymore than I did...I made my decision to get back behind the wheel. Here I am on my 2nd week with my mentor with Swift...his truck had 78k when he picked me up and now were about pushing 87k today. Running wide open!

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Swift Mentoring

Thanks! Gonna be meeting up with him tomorrow afternoon to get this rolling! Looking forward to it!

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Swift Mentoring

I've recently been thought the Swift academy and successfully got my CDL. I'll be meeting up with my mentor either tuesday or Wednesday t I'm head out for Mentor Time. What should I be expecting or what is that one item you wish you had pack to go with you?