Profile For BubblesDhaDrivah

BubblesDhaDrivah's Info

Memphis, TN

Company Driver In Training

5 months, 3 weeks ago

BubblesDhaDrivah's Bio

So yer on me page,wantin' to know more about me eh. Welp here it goes. I'm a soon to be trucker driver who's actually on the "Most Wanted" list and just using trucking as my undercover... ok I'll stop the horrific cringeworthy phase of this paragraph. I'm a mommy of 4 and seeking to become a truck driver. It's a long dream that I'm praying will be reality in the upcoming future. So my bio is so short...its literally 7:40am on 6/23/20 and I'm literally half sleep. Seriously 😳😳.

Posted:  17 hours, 8 minutes ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Thanks for y'alls responses!! Rob that's exactly what I'll be running, Regional. So that's what the trainer was talking about in class last week. Super excited. Just waiting for my trainer to call since I start my local training for the next 2 weeks and my other the road the two weeks after.

Posted:  1 day, 4 hours ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Thanks for the response Greg. I definitely want to be an extra board driver. Just found out the Paragould terminal in AR, we will travel to California sometimes even New York (rarely). At first I thought they steered clear of NYC. Probably will raise the question on Monday about traveling to NYC.

Posted:  1 day, 8 hours ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Thanks Anne and PackRat for y'all's responses. And I got completely lost with the "board driver" haha.

But...Quick update on 10/23/20 @8:19pm

Ok this week went by fast,I mean FAST. This week consisted strictly on backing. And I can say I did extremely well on my backings. I was super laid back vs Roadmasters...well I can see why cause it's a huge difference in the two. But next week the class will be meeting with their trainers. We was supposed to got calls from them but only one got a call and the other 2 got to actually meet their trainers in person (lucky). But me and another class mate hasn't heard from our trainers. But that's completely understandable since their truck drivers. But this week was great and quick. I've been in this hotel for so long it seem like a second home to me. Almost don't want to leave haha. But all and all. Carter Express takes really good care of their people,I'm really loving it here. Will keep y'all posted.

And will definitely will be on standby PackRat,thank you!!!!

Posted:  1 day, 15 hours ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Anyone know what a board driver is (division wise). I'm assign as a board driver.

And Anne I definitely won't disappeared from TT🤣🤣🤣🤣. You have my word!!!!

Posted:  2 days, 6 hours ago

Scared to drive..

Just started last Tuesday and it's going extremely amazing. This week is just doing all backing manuvers. I really improved on my 90 and next week will be meeting with my trainer. Super excited. Good luck to your new adventures into the trucking world. Stay safe and sane out there

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Posted:  3 days, 8 hours ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Semi-update (haha get it? It means it's a partial update. No?) on 10/21/20 @7:55PM

Haha I'm still here y'all just had alot going on this week. I will start updating y'all on Fridays since more times than less it will consist of doing the same things. Just got word today that Everyone should be meeting with their trainers. Excited, extremely excited!! Will keep y'all updated!!

Posted:  5 days, 21 hours ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Thanks PackRat!!!! Your tough advice and encouragement,like Anne helped get me through alot in this Industry. From the very beginning y'all done help me push pass so many obstacles,that I'm pretty sure set a all time world record. It's still unbelievable that I'm actually with a company now and in training with them. Like I said before,I'm completely excited for what's all to come in this career 😊😊.

Posted:  1 week ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Thanks Anne!! You stuck by me since the beginning and I can't thank you enough. Seriously you done gave my alot of life advice and wisdom. Still star struck😃😃. Thank you so much!!

Papa Pig you scared the living whales out of me when you said that name. I knew he looked familiar but I couldn't think where I saw him from. I remember I used to watch his videos awhile back. Omg I met a YT trucker star🌟. I will definitely give him the word for you!!

Now it's time to run into "This Guy Trucks".🤣🤣

Posted:  1 week ago

Get cut lose after company training?

Thanks Pete!! Yes my confidence sparked as soon as I got in the truck. Definitely can't wait to get back in there. I'm super super excited for the upcoming weeks.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Days 3 & 4 on 10/16/20 @ 8:24 PM

Yesterday was pretty short got to meet MORE staff members. It was one who was really funny who I found out later on that he will be the one who's gonna exam us. Yesterday was extremely extremely short. Was there for a good 5hrs. Today was also short also. Watched some videos and took tests on it. Also did some map reading. Afterwards went road to the drop yard to do some warm ups. It felt amazing being back in the truck again!!!! Everyone got a turn to do some backing and riding around the yard. Definitely got me excited for next week as we are going to be meeting our trainers.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Get cut lose after company training?

Thanks Y'all. Did my first backing today after 3 weeks not hoping into a truck. Did a straight line and of course did well. I back at least 100 feet. Ooowwee I kept my composure and made it in the box. And this is definitely going in my book of world record lol. I don't know what it is but as soon as I got in the truck it felt FREAKEN AMAZING. The best feeling ever. Made me realize how much I missed being in and around a semi. But I definitely got my confidence back after that. And what made my day amazing was I found out that the man (omg I forget what position he works in) that I talked to on yesterday who was beyond the nicest funniest dude ever,is actually the one who is going to test me out😃😃!!!! I can't wait to show yall my assigned truck and travel!!!! I'm beyond excited.

If the back of the trailer needs to go right you turn left. But if the front of the trailer needs to go right you turn right which sends the back of the trailer left. I saw problems at both ends and didnt know which way to turn.

This is so true, took me awhile back in school to learn that. Shooo I was afraid about it happening again once I got in the truck. After I calmed down and got this amazing vibe in the truck. Nailed it.

Like PackRat mentioned, Positive Posts and positive thoughts!!!!

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Get cut lose after company training?

Thanks guys!! Yeah I most definitely need to chill. Thank goodness I brought my gaming system with. Been taking to the exam yard or drop yard where we will be practicing the backing and hooking/unhooking the trailers. The skills consist of the offset,90, straight line,and a new one for me...the 45. But I'm starting to get my confidence back every day that I'm here. But will definitely keep y'all updated on my progress

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Look what I found

Mikey the dang bird dialogue got me🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Spot on,spot on.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Get cut lose after company training?

How about, "How cool will it be driving my own truck after training is finished", instead of a bunch of negative-leaning What If I Don't or What If I Can't???

At this point, how many minutes do you have driving so far? Why would you doubt the company would spend a bunch of time and money if they weren't confident you would pass a skills test at the completion of your training time?

Are you looking for an out or to fail? After the myriad of setbacks you've told us about in the past several weeks, I'm truly beginning to wonder. Sorry if I'm too blunt, but why would you not have faith in yourself?

POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND POSITIVE POSTS!

Yeah you're right PackRat. I guess it's just me being nervous as ever. I'm actually working for a trucking. I still can't believe it. As soon as I got in my rental and started my 7hr+ drive,I started thinking. About the life changing moments, that fresh clean new truck smell,the new people and cities I'll see. But at that very moment when the class instructor told us that not only will we have a road test but we will have a backing exam also. As soon as I heard backing,it felt like a got slapped with a 2by4. But I have to keep reminding myself that these people know I came straight outta school,they don't expect me to be perfect. Came to far to give up. But hopefully this is a normal feeling as I never did this type of thing before in my life.

But I got this! Definitely got this!!

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Get cut lose after company training?

Its pretty common to be nervous for the road test. Ive been driving for 5 years and I was still nervous when I took my road test for my current company. Just relax, take your time, goal and goal again. Nobody expects perfection, just show that your not dangerous n you'll be fine.

Thanks Jakebreak!! Yeah I'm definitely gonna chill out. I got 6 or less weeks to practice and definitely gonna take full advantage of it. But I can say I'm almost complete with my first week!!

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Get cut lose after company training?

Thanks Rob.T!!!!! I'm beyond relieved now. Goodness sometimes I describe my mind as being a rocket when it comes to not thinking so positive. But I'm excited for what the future holds in this amazing career. Got keep my focus and probably not push myself so much (and over think it).

thank-you.gifthank-you.gifthank-you.gif

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Your license should be from your home of record. The terminal you run out of doesn’t matter. I am assigned to a terminal in East St Louis IL but live in Ga. My license is issued out of Ga. I would tactifully inquire further into that.

Thanks so much for your response Mr.PJ. I'm definitely going to be asking questions on tomorrow.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Get cut lose after company training?

Hi y'all got a quick question. I know I know,I can hear it now from y'all like a pack of wild super educated wolves haha. But if I don't pass on my road/skills test to go solo. Will I get fired,well cut loose? Is the testing different than attending a cdl school? Like could I get out as many times as I want? Class will be meeting the trainers next week. Super nervous.

Thanks Y'all!!

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Why are they telling you that? Your license is out of your state of home record. Do you live in AR???

Thanks for the response PJ. My CDL is in my home state,the terminal I'm running out,is in AR. I'm beyond confused.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

My Carter Express Adventure

Thanks PJ!! And totally gotcha.

Well today I just got word that since I'm going to be working out of Arkansas.I will need to transfer my CDL for TN to Arkansas. They told me that I have 30 days to do it. How do I go by doing this. Probably should have asked. Dang it.