Comments By Kj Bryant

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0728600001597198631-95166.jpg avatar
  • Kj Bryant
  • 1 year, 6 months ago
  • Comments:

My story

I understand all that, I'm just thinking out loud, I would never take a minth off. Like if I want a week off. I would save uo money to cover cost if the lease pkus to oay bills for that off week. I was thinking of take off every other weekend if possible. But I haven't even gotten my license yet nor learn the system of running frieght. I will adjust my goals as the lifestyle warrants. I might even go company at first. My trainer wants me to stay tnt till Feb to learn to drive winter but in all honesty my family's finances would hurt. I wouldn't be the only rookie to come out of tnt and drive in winter. If its bad that I dont feel safe im parking it, not going to do it.

My story

I just want to go lease to get my home time. Don't want to have it were its close to home time and prime sends you opposite of were home is. Honestly I'm prolly only going to fulfill my year and find somthing local, till kids are out of house then might go otr agian, but who knows might change. I knownalot if local jobs don't pay as much as otr, but its still better than what I came from in a factory. I don't want to get rich, just have enough to have the family comfortable. I got 8 years till youngest turns eighteen. I might then bust my ass till I retire,im 43 now as long as health allows to dot standards I can drive alittle past retirement age. But for now one step at a time. Who knows might like this place to much to leave. I know my first year im going to be out more i got that got to pay the dues, but you think with all the drivers prime has they could be frontrunner to have a change in time out and time at home. Every week there is new people in orientation. I know some don't last but sooner or later there's going to be a high influx of employees, unless the turnover is bigger than i think( im still new to this industry might be wrong)

My story

I am back at campus, tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday going to backing bookcase a pad. Friday drilling the in cab and city driving practice. Saturday test day.

My story

No i react appropriately. The anxiety comes more before entering than during a city. Its getting better. A few more weeks and I be alot better. Ty man. Going back to springfield tomorrow 3 days pad time test on Saturday, wish me luck

My story

It might nit be that long I got 50 grand miles to think about it.

My story

Went through Dallas just fine. Stayed in my lane and went. Ty for your help. Im going to stay tnt through winter with same trainer to learn winter skills. Pay will suck because i stayed tnt, but the knowledge I will learn will reward that.

My story

Been Alittle busy,trainer having me drive more. Problem I am having is , I went through Houston and holy hell. In big cities my anxiety level goes crazy. I can stay in my lane good,I try to drive 55 I knownits slow but I feel comfortable at that speed when I need to speed up for entrance ramps or slanted ramps I do go 55 im comfortable at,trainer tells me to speed up i hate it. I know after some time I can get used to it, but im learning how to properly look ahead and check mirrors before moving lanes. But i cannot make my own safe gaps with the speed he wants me to. Plus the entrance and exit signs are so different from where im from. He has dirvin them many times. He has his gps way on top of windshield i cannot look at that and drive at same time, my attention is to my surroundings. Is this a learned trait? He always drives with one hand and messes with his Qualcomm scares the hell out of me lol. He dont yell at me or anything if I make a mistake he tells me like a adult school teacher which is excellent. I hardly have to say what or have him repeat himself i dont look at him, he tells me directions and I follow, its almost like he is my conscious.

Plus I think I and scaring myself I always think im one popped tire, wreckless 4 wheeler from death. Freaking buggin me lol. Sometimes I think for what we all do if they calculated everything we do and all the sacrifice and risk and put a price on it all truck drivers make less than minimum wage.

Please do not get me wrong, I do enjoy alot more than I don't. Im new as heck. I'm only on last week if psd have alot to learn. I can drive safe but I have to at my speed of truck, I know cant go to slow but fast enough to learn. I have found myself catching potential problems and my trainer has praised me for it, makes me feel good. I actually don't trust other people's driving skills. Never knew how bad of a four wheeler I was till driving a truck. Lol please help with anxiety I have lol.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

0789916001598484021.jpg

Cincinnati wasn't driving at time.

Trucking landscape could look different after Nov. 3

If it was by popular vote new York, California, and a couple other states would decide our leaders, and we don't want that. About the mask, can you really believe to the people on TV that has second guessed this whole plandemic all year?

But like said above : its either mobs or jobs.

But no matter what you believe hope you stay safe.

My story

Deove alot going to test out next fri or sat. Nit much to say deive,drive,drive, I'm building up my driving endurance.

My story

Drove 250 some miles today down 60 east from Missouri. Trainer says if i keep doing good,he might have ne test early. All mu pretip good except in cab but he is going to go over that with me.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Rookie Solo Adventures of a Knuckle Draggin Primate (Rob D.)

Awsome man be safe primate

My story

Drive a seminfor the first time today. I did straight back and left and right offset. Trainer showed me a good set marker on the truck and trailer to hit the holes easy on offset. Did perfectish. He then took me to a industrial park where French's mustard is and have my drive around there taking turns and culd a sacs. I guess i was doing good he let me go over and over the route while he talked to his brother on the phone( im not sure if he was supposed to do that but everything was in a controlled environment) he a retired army vet,harley rider he barely had to repeat himself. I know first day but it started out great. More to come my fellow truckers.

My story

Lol My fault I read the 14 day thing wrong totally got worried fir nothing. He going to get me out on the pad this morning. Just i never drive a truxk wantes to get the butterflies over so I can manage on the road. For my sake lol and his. Ty for calming this country boy down. I really like this company so far.

My story

Well trainer didn't take me he couldn't find a empty trailer. I been here almost a week havent even been inside of a truck. Everyone in my group all out with thier trainers. He says since tomorrow is Sunday it would be easier to get somthing. Don't know what to think. I dropped everything like alot of people sweated my file review got past that got so close to my dream and im just lost. If he doesn't take me tomorrow. What can I really do. Im a psd I'm not even hired if I complain they can get send me home even when everything is out of my control. Not getting to drive is making me doubt myself. Only good thing is I didn't just sit around i been killin the pre trip study, I'm not a slotch. Friday he just got back from a run then met me i understand that. I really like this company, but I think they short shorten the paperwork stuff. Start getting trainers a day earlier. I only have 14 days from last Thursday to get cdl or they send me home.i got 11 days left. Maybe I'm wrong on that. Don't know. I hate sitting i want to work.

But maybe it was meant to be. I got alot of pretrip memorized. But tomorrow we will see.

My story

Today my trainer going to pick me up at noon, I'm finally going to get in a truck and start learning maneuvers. Trainer seems like a no nonsense guy. Been driving fir 6 years. He is a retired army drill Sgt. One thing he said to me was he treats training me like he did the servicemen he trained in the army ( without the in your face yelling) he said if he didn't train his men the right way and somthing happened that he failed his men.

Likewise in trucking if i don't succeed he would feel that he failed me. And as long as i had the drive to listen and learn that won't happen. So I'm all for that. My first time really studying the pre trip I got myself flustered. But after the second day I found myself getting better. I would go outside for a smoke, I would go down the list and speak out loud the pretrip. I found myself being correct on the wording. I didn't have a truck in front of me,but I know where every part is so i pictured it in my head. Now hopefully today when I drive a truck for the first time i get the nervousness out of me,which everyone i have talked to says that will pass. I will tell you all how it went later.

My story

Not to much today trainer should be here in a few. Do not know what he has planned. Studied pre trip alot.

Trainer has disc brakes on his truck dont know what is the difference than air breaks unless brake lag isn't thier with disc

My story

Ty I will get it,I know more now than I did yesterday, no regression here lol.

My story

Aug 20. We went to the plaza here at prime had a tire class and did pretrip for like 6 hours. Got my psd trainer. Called me on the phone sounds like a older guy. He is coming to talk to me tomorrow at noon.

I am so worried about the pretrip. But then agian this is the first time I studied with a actual truck in front of me. It was hard to look at it with no many people whispering Properly mounted and secure, not cracked bent or broken. No abrasions, bulges or cuts, not leaking, nothing missing or shifted. Filled to manufacturers specifications. Lol but trainer should help me on that.

My story

Ty im on the shuttle right now going to check out primes millennium building.