Profile For Badgerland

Badgerland's Info

Middleton, WI

Company Driver In Training

3 months, 3 weeks ago

Badgerland's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Phase 2 Training Roehl

Today completed phase 1 of training with Roehl. Phase 2 will begin sometime next week with driver trainer over the road. Phase 2 will last 19-25 days. Hopefully will be with Reefer driver since I'll be driving reefer once I'm solo. Will keep everyone posted here on the daily updates of life on the road!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Passed Road Test

Congratulations!!!! I have my road test in another week and I'm beyond nervous. Did you do a skills test also? But again SUPER CONGRATULATIONS dancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gif

Road test consisted of a Pre-Trip (Coupling,Light Check,In-Cab inspection and a random selection of vehicle or trailer to inspect), 3 backing skills exercises and then an actual Road evaluation.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Passed Road Test

Its been a wild last couple weeks with Roehl in the GYCDL Program. Today I passed my road test,certainly had some nerves, shifting was the majority of points. Looking forward to what training holds next!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Start date with Roehl GYCDL program - Gary, IN terminal - 8/24/20

Go getem Verminator. Just passed my road test up in Marshfield today. Hope to see you join the ranks next week!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Roehl Transport Training

Today I passed my Road test. Definitely could've done better, mainly grinding gears losing points,of course nervous. It is on to learn more each and everyday,take a deep breath and relax for a minute. Another week of training before moving on to Phase 2 with Roehl which is OTR with a driver trainer for a couple weeks.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Roehl Transport Training

Week 2 is in the books for GYCDL program at Roehl Transport, Marshfield.Shifting is getting better one day at a time, have been backing in both dry van and flatbed doing 45s,90s, and offsets. Every day we get some drive time in town

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Start date with Roehl GYCDL program - Gary, IN terminal - 8/24/20

Take it 1 day at a time Verminator you're doing good! I'm in week 2 up at Marshfield. Day by day you'll get better!

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Roehl Transport Training

Day 9 consisted of offset backing for the morning. Afternoon we upped the ante and did a merge onto a highway and some city driving. If I haven't mentioned it yet, clutch control is the key to success for everything. Specifically backing,starting from a stop and not depressing the clutch too far when shifting. Little baby clutches,not the clutch break when shifting. I'm enjoying my training, getting better one day at a time. Pre-trip is on us to study and memorize on our free time. My group has just been backing,driving and a quick light check and in-cab inspection with our instructor.

Posted:  2 months ago

Roehl Transport Training

Day 8 of training consisted of 45 degree backing all morning and driving around industrial park again making left and right hand turns again

Posted:  2 months ago

Roehl Transport Training

Sorry about that PackRat I see how to comment outside the quote now. I'm training at the Marshfield terminal

Posted:  2 months ago

Roehl Transport Training

Today started off Week 2 of training with Roehl. We started out with our group making left hand turns, then we went to an industrial park and did several left and right hand turns in tighter situations. The afternoon was all learning to back at a 45 degree angle. Setting up correctly was key to success. We backed in between 2 trailers like a mock truck stop setting, learning of course what to do and what not to do if your setup isn't good or if you put too much bend and unable to correct. Pulling up and taking out the bend or just starting completely over were the best options.

Posted:  2 months ago

Roehl Transport Training

Lots of people will be reading your training posts.

Which location are you training?

I'm training at the Marshfield terminal

Posted:  2 months ago

Start date with Roehl GYCDL program - Gary, IN terminal - 8/24/20

Good luck out there. I'm going into week 2 of training with Roehl up at the Marshfield terminal. Lots of information in a short time.

Posted:  2 months ago

Roehl Transport Training

I started the GYCDL Program last week on August 17th. First day was mainly paperwork, going over Hours of Service rules,learning how to fill in paper logs, and end of the day we tried out the simulator for double clutching. Second day was the Roehl Way class about 5 hrs long. Went over protecting the other drivers,being safe, after lunch we worked on pre-trip. Third day we started driving in the training area, practically shifting all day and making right hand turns. Our 4th day was shifting all day again, left hand turns, more pre-trip on tractor and trailer. After lunch we did some straight backing exercises and a serpentine backing exercise. 5th day consisted of 90 degree backing around the lot, straight backing several hundred yards.After lunch our instructor took us out in public just around the block doing 4 left hand turns then back to the terminal to give us a go. I was the only one in our group the instructor let drive in public. Didn't hit anything or any person, need more practice on the downshifting. Saturday we had half a day in the classroom going over HAZMAT,learning the driverlink app in the truck,more safety videos from current drivers. Ill post more information concluding Week 2 of training!

Posted:  2 months ago

Roehl Week 1 Training

Well, I made it through week 1 of training with Roehl. Learned a lot of new information this week, very intense training and lots of homework. Week 2 will be refining the basics and driving in the public. Road testing week 3!!!

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Starting at Roehl August 17th

I'll be starting in the Reefer Division

What fleet are you going to be on?

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Starting at Roehl August 17th

I'll be training at the Marshfield terminal

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Starting at Roehl August 17th

For the last 2+ years I've held my Class B CDL with P&S endorsements. Lost my job training school bus drivers due to Covid. So I decided to move up to Class A, have my permit and passed all endorsement tests thanks to the High Road Program. This site has been great to read everyone's stories,opinions,words of wisdom and look forward to share experiences of my own in the coming weeks!