Profile For Brad P.

Seattle , WA

Considering A Career

2 months ago

Brad P.'s Bio

looking for work.

Posted:  2 months ago

Fighting the Trucking industry.

Old school

I might make mention, if the door opens, that i have about 40 years experience managing dozens of customers a week. Not only for myself. The emoylees too, and employee scheduling. Now you dont know me, you wont hear me bragging too much. I think in the right situation i might drop that info to and interviewer, those could be pertinent skills.

Posted:  2 months ago

Fighting the Trucking industry.

OLD SCHOOL

your the one acting superior, i dont think you are, im just responding to your personal attacks. I know how to get along, im a pretty good judge of character myself, so for you to say i wasnt serious, shows me your lacking.

So your condemning me its called Pot/kettle/black......for the spiritual its called pharisee or hypocrite......you dont know me, to venture out and Judge me already, is making yourself superior too me....

Posted:  2 months ago

Fighting the Trucking industry.

well it wont be because of my driving skills. It would be because i dont take unwarranted crap...... thats ok with me, its better living witbout it...

I don't really think you know near as much as you'd like to think. I did discover one "insightful" comment you made in another conversation though.

I might not make it in the Trucking industry

So yeah, you do know some things.

Posted:  2 months ago

Fighting the Trucking industry.

i do like the entertainment part, its fun. Ive got thick skin a good sense of humor and like to mix it up a lil bit now and then with some oh lord forgive me.'s, mixed in with colorful words. You obviously have misconstrued me, i was very serious, wasnt playing any game, never been here before, im not an old poster come back to troll or haunt you. However i have some vetran experience on internet forums. So i know things.....lol

Brad, we're all truck drivers. We talk straight and plain. You'd do well to communicate with the audience you've got.

I've stayed out of your discussions for a reason. I consider myself "insightful." I saw you from your first comments. I knew you weren't serious. You are entertaining though.

Posted:  2 months ago

Fighting the Trucking industry.

Brett,

No i cant say whats on my mind. In here it will be misconstrued, or somebody will think i owe them something because they were here longer. Or it might just get me banned, or it might not Glorify God. Soooo i can see i have to be very measured and constrained in my speech, i dont have the freedom to speak openly without attack or suspscion.

Just like my question are you spiritual, you kind of sort misconstrued. Ive found, spiritual people have some LINGO that if you speak the lingo words people understand. So spiritual people i try to speak in that lingo, so it becomes easier sometimes to convey a message.

Then theres those, who might understand the spiritual lingo, in a different LINGO or Language. The example would be, SPIRITUAL LINGO: reap what you so.

Translated into a semi spiritual lingo: KHARMA

Translated into a lingo non-spiritual people can understand: Every dog has his day.

So you can match your speech, to identify with, or reach your audience.

In asking you are you Religious, i was trying to identify what lingo, i could best use with you. You do seem to respond to kindness and truth. That is spiritual too. Yet most people respond to kindness in truth and not be spiritual.

No ulterior motives in asking that question. Are you spiritual, except to speak a lingo.....so to speak.

Oh also, i forgot. No i dont have a CDL, I HAD one i got on my own before the DUI, from my oil patch days. It was not on the state license, i got my DUI on, because i gave it up from previous state, because at the time i was poor, broke, could not afford the medical cert.

I learned to drive from my father who was a driver in the military, but also from growing up on the farm. At 12 i was driving huge tractors, and farm equipment, sometimes 48 hrs straight. Also the big Peterbuilts on the road hauling grain, sorghum, sileage, and later employed by my father, driving a split shift, 12 speed international......thats how i was able to get the CDL in the oil patch, they knew i could drive and they let me take a truck down and get my CDL. Funny thing was, i never studied for the permit and passed. My father taught me well and hands on experience is great.

Posted:  2 months ago

Fighting the Trucking industry.

Brett,

Yeah some of that stuff is great and informative, thank you very much, ive started some of it, now that ive gotten better direction from my swift episode. I will have more time for reading, study. Im a firm believer in time management and Dilligence.

Brett

Are you religious? Just curious, you e heard reap what you sow? Or Kharma? Or all dogs have their days?.......no matter what language you speak it in, or what walk of life you use it from.......it is a truth.

Posted:  2 months ago

Fighting the Trucking industry.

Brett,

Im a multi tasker, i have been working on my career, both in study, and in gathering documents.

Forums are fun, and i also read and glean.

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

PJ,

Thanks, well said. Dealing with personalities and ego's and also the way another can see, something totally different, than the way someone else would. I like to identify peoples strengths and weakness's, i can receive from their strengths, and HELP them in their weakness.

Steve Reno,

Yeah, i was a stupid kid back then, i remember i got 2 felony driving while suspended, back then. 35 years ago. I think thats why i said 2 Dui, i, transposed 2 Dui to recruiter. I was in so much trouble, i forget some of it . I Some of it is just mentally blocking that time period.

Now that i have totally become something new. I have never had another DUI, or suspension , i have to drive for a living too. Not just to the office and back home or the grocery .

I wasnt prepared for the question have you had any DUI's? Because Swift, trucker truth, say they only worry about DUI's 7 years back.

So i am prepared to be honest, i dont want to add the caveat, and if you find something, i forgot, it wasnt intentional, and if i harmed you in that, i will pay you back........

But i will say that if it comes down too it, and someone gives me chance to say something, rather than just slam the door in my face.

Posted:  2 months ago

Fighting the Trucking industry.

Obviously, the courts have said, no matter what contract words you use. You cant break laws and make money off peoples backs like that. Its a win for Truck Drivers

I still applaud those who suffered and fought. They knew it was illegal, they got Justice in court. No matter what the trucking industry tried to shove down their throat, and the cronie capitolists who enforced these illegal activities.

This is NOT about company drivers who didn't get paid. This is about lease ops who are ticked they couldn't handle running a business and failed. Now they are whining and crying.

Prime's first line of the contract states "You agree to become an independent contractor and will not be an employee of New Prime Inc." It goes on for about 50 pages of explaining the costs and responsibilities of a lease op, and most do not read it. Oliviera stated he had no idea the truck was not his to keep which means he didn't read the contract.

If anything, this case proves that leasing is not better than being a company driver.... and that some people are idiots.

If he was successful in his mind, he wouldn't be suing and many lease ops feel they are successful and they don't sue.

With your permit, you do not get paid to deliver and guess what.... I signed a contract for that too.

Posted:  2 months ago

Fighting the Trucking industry.

Https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/trucking-prime-agrees-pay-truck-drivers-28-million-2020-7%3famp

I dont know if links work, but the above story about people fighting back, standing up, and not taking the crap, is inspirational . It takes guts and courage to fight the giants in the land, even on your own The result, is the Drivers win.

Thank you to those who suffered, and perservered.

Posted:  2 months ago

Millis called me aaannnd...

Great Attitude Mike. Go with the flow, get your traing in.

Best to you.

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

Banks,

Thanks! Your right, i flippantly came in looking for an easy hire . Now that ive had my ass handed to me on a silver platter. Im ready to move forward . Im the best and i can prove it.......lol

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

It seems the Trucking world has a lot of big ego's, oh goodie, i will fit right in. This is going to be fun. Now i do try to use my big ego, for love, kindness and Good and to glorify God. I know how to guard myself and keep it from the dark side.

You are so right, i am upset that Swift employees, treat me like crap. I am better than that. TYVM.

I should not try to spite them, but find people who will appreciate me, even if i am slightly flawed.

Good Grief!! You are so FULL OF IT!! It is all about "they are treating ME badly", "they are treating ME like crap"...me, me, ME! You talk about you shouldn't be spiteful to them. Since this has crossed your mind, that's not a good sign.

You have been advised by several of the guys to let go, forget Swift and look elsewhere. Yet you can't let go and don't believe you are fixated on Swift....but Swift has been all you have talked about. You need to get a grip on yourself and figure out why you are thinking about being spiteful. That's what immature people do, not a grown, mature adult.

Laura

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

aww some facts. Thats what i like TYVM, i appreciate you posting them, really i do. I knew if i kept (fishing long enough) i could get to some facts, even if they were cold hard facts. I feel so much more prepared and confident now, better equipped, and learned from my failure.

So even though i have abandoned my foray with swift, i was prepared to ask another Recruiter at Swift, that i would pay for my background check and costs if i had 2 DUI's. I saw some pricing from hireright, several types, starting at approx, 90, 120, 160 something like that. Obviously Trucking companies get a discount for bulk. Besides 160 is nothing to me, im not desperate . Besides i might find a Recruiter , who would appreciate someone willing to be honest, work through a problem, thinking outside the box to solve it, even though it was a boneheaded, rookie , honest mistake. However, maybe the trucking industry is too Neanderthal for me?

I am still Going to receive Mike D's encouragement, and facts from anyone.

Sincecerly, Thank you

I dont think im fixated at all with Swift, i am trying to work through my problem, so i get it right with the next company. Also just bouncing the idea about fixing with Swift, because its an easy problem to solve.

I did ask several question Turtle actually, finally addressed them. So i had to give a bunch of background info, so that could be misconstrued, its ok, i forgive you, honest mistake.

Part of the confusion i had, was when i said i had 2 dui verbally, did Swift recruiter have that info. Through posting today and reasoning it out, i believe Swift did not have that info. I see now, im not sure when they do a background? I was confused because maybe they had info, that i had 2 DUI. Wracking my brain, i dont, for the life of me remember two.......this is also important moving forward, do i tell the next company irecruiter 2 or 1? I will be telling them 1, i fully know i had 1. I didnt want to get accepted to another Companies school, and halfway through training, find out i had 2, and get sent home. Thats why i was trying to figure out if it a hard hearted Swift employee(hard truth) just gave up on me, or that Swift employee had info i had 2....and was wracking my brain, over it.

But again i now feel confident, that i can move forward.

Yesterday, i spent a lot of time actually gathering paperwork to show 40 years of Self employment, getting my driving record, and anything else needed to back up my words.

Once i do, i think im going to go to the Trucker Truth page, where i can apply for several companies. I dont think Stevens trucking is on that list, they interest me.

I have also decided to call another Recruiter at Swift , i bet i can get an invite from them. Not that i will accept , maybe. Just to show you, i just dont listen to people, telling me move on......without some solid evidence , or reasoning. I messed up a moment, but i have the ability to get another shot , will post that progress.

Tomorrow, investigate cost of my own background.

FAcT: My company would transfer you to the original recruiter

FACT: My company would not run the background check until after they had spoken with a candidate and liked them. They probably never ran yours because by your answers you told them it is a waste of time and money.

FACT: you wasted time and energy collecting 40 years of employment & MVR when they only care about 3 years (10 if you had a CDL already). The DUI thing should have been easy for you to find had you been responsible for keeping records. You need to know your record.

FACT: You can be sent home from training at ANY point. Prime fires trainees for "Not Prime material" including unsafe driving. And horrible attitude.

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

I might not make it in the Trucking industry, if it is all dehumanized of decency, order, respect, maybe even compassion and love. I will never sell my soul for a paycheck to work for or around companies or people like that .

I still like Mike D's encouragement. Theres a company out there for me who will think im just great, and respect me, and love all my good qualities. Work with me on the bad. I will obviously have to keep an eye out for them.

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

Brett

Asks, how will i react to a trainer telling me how to drive?

Well thats, what im here for to learn and be trained. Yet if the trainer is going to get deragatory, abusive, demeaning. I can defend myself from personal attacks, 2 ways, dealing with it personally, then reporting it .

How will i react to drivers cutting me off? Same as usual, mumble something like you stupid S.O.B......and slow down and get away from them. Were you trying to demean me with that question?

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

Thanks everyone. I have read all the replies .

I still think Mike d had the best answer, there is a trucking company out there, willing to work with me. Any company that is so unforgiving and unmerciful over an honest, yet boneheaded rookie mistake, sounds like they are too overworked to have that type of patience, then get classified and lumped in as just another complainer, as oppossed to a legitimate gripe. Is not a company that i want to work for , because thats a culture that runs throughout the company.

Thanks Mike D, for helping me in that aspect. Going forward, i will be looking for company culture, and people who actually , mean what they say. Work with you.

I did want to address one post, that kind of spoke about the culture of this forum. Not singling out the person, even though i am using that persons post. Not as a personal attack on the poster either.

FACT: Swift only mentions , they are concerned about DUI's from 5 or 7 years back . We now know they are concerned about DUI's from 1984. Thats 36 years.

So one lesson i have learned, is get everything in order, dont be flippant in my approach to this New Adventure. By having 40 years of self employment verification, if asked to go beyond the 3 years, im prepared. I dont know id think that haveing that might make me look good, prepared, and ready to roll? From what ive read all over, Self-employment issues, crop up frequently, and they are harder to verify to a degree, than a hand it to me company w-2. Of course im not afraid of that hard work gathering it up. Hard work is very rewarding to me.

God bless

Be safe

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

Mike D,

Great motivation Mike. Your awesome.

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

But again i now feel confident, that i can move forward.

Tomorrow, investigate cost of my own background.

Thanks for all the encouragement and well wishes , Appreciated.

Bless you.

Posted:  2 months ago

Mistake on Swift application.

Mike D,

Thanks bro, i am very encouraged by your posting. I might find something better, on the other side, you give me confidence.

Thanks.