Profile For Canaan

Canaan's Info

PA

Preparing For School

9 months, 1 week ago

Canaan's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Heavily considering trucking for career

Andhe78, thank you for the reply man, I have a bit more research to do on maverick, but the schooling seems like its great from what I have read, and the training also seems very well put together.

Anne, I had planned on getting all of the endorsements available to me, just like you said. The opportunity may arise where I can take something fantastic!

Thanks guys! -Canaan

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Heavily considering trucking for career

Many moons ago I researched basically every company that offered training after awhile I got confused as too who did what so I made myself a spreadsheet to keep track. .

Don did this and life caused him to leave in 3 months when his mother got ill.

Someone else did this and got to CRST and couldnt pass the physical. Total waste of time in my opinion.

Thank you for your input kearsey, you guys are all great here with the help and info!

-Canaan

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Heavily considering trucking for career

Many moons ago I researched basically every company that offered training after awhile I got confused as too who did what so I made myself a spreadsheet to keep track. Then I narrowed it down to 5 choices, and settled on Roehl unfortunately I didn't get past the physical endurance test with them so I had to come up with plan B so make sure to have a few options just incase.

Will do! Plan b is prime. Plan c is swift

Thanks for the reply! -Canaan

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Heavily considering trucking for career

If I can get lucky, maverick transport sounds like a good fit for me, when im ready im going to reach out to them and see if they are hiring in my area and get life rolling!

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Heavily considering trucking for career

Hello and here is more homework....

I have a bunch of blog articles I have written over the years that tried to answer questions and discuss topics.... Especially about realities on the road.

I also have a Youtube channel where I donate all proceeds through the end of the year to Meals on Wheels. Just watching helps and i have all sorts of topics for newbies... Including company vs local school.

Rainy aka Kearsey's. Blog

🤦🏻‍♂️ more homework, oof.

Jokes aside, thank you for the reply, I will be sure to check into what you have supplied me. Ill be busy for another month on just research it seems haha

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Heavily considering trucking for career

I most certainly have my assigned homework now, thanks everyone who replied!

And yes Anne, that should keep me busy for a good bit and hopefully help me decide what I am trying to get into lol

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Heavily considering trucking for career

That answers every question I had regarding private vs company paid training, I really appreciate the answer you provided.

Do we have recommendations on company's that are the better ones for newbies? The most i really care about is the ability to travel to basically everywhere possible, home time isn't THAT important to me, it's really only my mom (who I plan on fully supporting financially) and my only best friend. Its going to suck being away from them for so long, but my best friend has his life planned out with his lady and my mom wants to live in a retrofitted van on the road (runs in the family i guess lol)

I have looked at a few company's, I read on here that prime is great and swift seems like a great one as well, any others to consider?

Thanks! -Canaan

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Heavily considering trucking for career

Howdy, Canaan . . . and welcome to Trucking Truth !!! I love the name, btw ~!

In your perusal of this site, have you come across the following? This is the best, and totally epic . . . to put it all in perspective for you. It's free on the site, also!

Becoming A Truck Driver: The Raw Truth About Truck Driving

Additionally, we are all about company sponsored training, and the reasons why, are abundant . . . everywhere !!

Did you see these links?

High Road CDL Training ProgramPaid CDL Training Programs

Thanks for the reply Anne! Thanks for the warm welcome as well!

Is company sponsored training better than private schooling? Thanks! - Canaan

Posted:  8 months, 3 weeks ago

Heavily considering trucking for career

Hey guys, names Canaan, yeah its from the Bible. I'm new here to Trucking Truths. Been on a couple weeks reading everything I can.

I'm looking to become a OTR trucker as one of the only things that brings me pure joy is being on the open road. I also have nothing tieing me down to stay in my area aside from mom of course.

I am looking for any helpful tips, information, anything that anyone wants to say to a newbie looking to seriously get on the road and never look back.

Thanks! -Canaan