Profile For Canaan

Canaan's Info

Girard, OH

Considering A Career

1 year, 3 months ago

Canaan's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Canaan's Photo Gallery

Posted:  6 days, 15 hours ago

Truckers report website?

All the plow guys over here broke down lol, my whole town was unable to get any plow guys, aside from the main road plows. And yes! I have listened to the podcast. Thanks for the reply!

I did a good bit of reading in-between my appointments at the Dr's! Also, we got like 15" over on my side! Was one heck of a challenge having to hand shovel it out the driveway and such with me being unwell and all, thankfully I have good neighbors and I was able to get some help with it!

Thank you all for the replies and knowledge shared!

You're more'n welcome, from me ... always! Did you get your reading done? Hahaha!

How ARE things going for ya, Canaan? How was the snow out your way? We got about 5" here... much of it, drifted. Spent the weekend 'in' thank goodness; Tom being off & all. I got 'sweep' duty . . . lol !

Hope all is well your way; it's been a minute!

~ Anne ~

Canaan; I had our plow (and TOW!) GUY loaded up on Speed Dial, but .. didn't need him! See 'my' shovel marks????? LoL.. with footprints all in'em!

All that exercise is GOOD FOR YOU, Man!

Have you ever checked THESE out?? 'The Road Home' Podcasts

0548148001642702079.jpg

Best wishes always, hun!!

~ Anne ~

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Truckers report website?

Thank you for the reply! Much appreciated

I don’t go to trucking websites because I find TT satisfies my need for trucking info. Much of what I know about truck driving has come from advice of TT moderators and experienced drivers. And to boot, there are a lot of interesting drivers who post here. Wide variety of personalities. Serious and funny and everything in between, you can get it all right here

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Truckers report website?

Thank you all for the replies and knowledge shared!

Hope all is well your way; it's been a minute!

~ Anne ~

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Truckers report website?

Thank you all for the replies and knowledge shared!

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Truckers report website?

I did! Last night and today so far have been super bad days for me, so I had all the time for reading. And sounds good, maybe one of these days I will toss you an email, thanks again for all the help and information!

It's me, again.....

Hope you had a prosperous 'study/reading' day!!!

Sure was a good day FOR IT .. here in Ohio, haha!

Best wishes, kiddo. I'm not far; email is in my profile!

:) Anne :)

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Wilson Logistics Training: Start Date: 12/13/21. A Librarian Learns Trucking!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Truckers report website?

Thank you for the reply Anne, as always it's appreciated!

I will definitely be checking out old schools word press blog, and I do believe I have read the other things you mentioned.

Don't feel bad if you call me kiddo, as I do the same to those who are younger than me haha! No offense or anything taken here!

I'm regards to the no stupid questions part, I worked in HVAC for about a year, before relocating and going into the animal industry and becoming a dog handler (loved the dog job, best 6 years of my life) my old crew leader beat into people's heads that and I quote "there are stupid questions, and it's stupid people that ask them" so I've gotten used to taking care of what kind of questions I ask and such. The dude was a major ass but... he took extreme pride in his work and aside from the bashing of the new guys (which was me and anyone else before me that quit because he bullied them too much..) he was extremely professional.. well at least with his quality of work and to the customers. I learned alot from him. And if I ever went back to that company I would want to work under him again, once I learned to take his BS with a grain of salt and focus on what he was teaching when he actually took the time to teach it. I learned many many things. Not only about the job but also about myself. I believe I can use that experience to help me make it in this industry of trucking as he helped me develop some seriously thick skin (also being from the greater Pittsburgh area helps lol)

I have been a follower of kearsey on YouTube since I joined here, she's a wealth of information and I have even guided others towards her channel as well!

And lastly, thanks again for letting me know that pic didn't attach!

And G-Town, if you read this one, thanks for identifying it! As I was going thru that thread, by the end of it I was expecting to see everything identified by you! Not only are those trucks awesome to see but it's also super cool to be able to know what they are and look up other ones of the same make!

Appreciate you guys! -Canaan

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Truckers report website?

No harshness taken sir, I just don't want to seem like I am wasting any of you or anyone else's time! I have noticed there's been a couple people that had been removed from the site here, and I didn't want to be bunched in the same category as them, as 'trolling' or whatever you guys would call it is seriously not my intent here. Thank you for the reply!

Canaan, I think Anne’s links are a good way to synch the Paid CDL Training Programs with some up to date diaries. (Thanks Anne) That should hopefully fill some of the gaps for you.

As far as the duration of your TT membership, please click on your profile and you’ll see why I mentioned it.

Just trying how best to help you further. Not meant to be harsh.

Get well.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Eye Candy

I do believe it said Ford on the front, I have seen it driving around over here multiple times the past few weeks, have no idea what it hauls or anything. But I wanted to share with yall, I thought it was a super cool find!

Forgot to attach the photo oops

0888970001641337239.jpg

Man, I'd LOVE to see THAT THING in MOTION !!

How / what even is it ??? (Hay G'Town, hahahaha!) << our resident Wikitruck! LoLoL!

Nice find, Canaan! Thanks for sharing;

~ Anne ~

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Truckers report website?

Thanks for the reply Anne! I did not take Mr G-Towns words harshly at all honestly, I was making sure that it was realized that I'm not here to mess around or waste anyone's time. And I take his and anyone else's words and replys here with seriousness and respect, honestly if he feels like I have all the information that I should need, then I will halt on asking for other info like was the original question of mine in the post here, I have read through a bunch of his posts here and have seen that G-Town is a successful and happy in the industry, he knows more than I do and it would probably be foolish of me not to listen and take note of such replys from him, you, or any of the other experienced guys that may answer on my posts.

Also thank you for the extra sites and companies, I appreciate you answering me! Hope the weather isn't too cold over there on your side of Ohio, it's a good bit chilly for me over on my side!

Also thanks for pointing out I didn't attach my photo, I reposted it. I misunderstood how to attach it to the post lol

Also I am 28. Turning 29 here on the 1st of February.

Thanks! -Canaan

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Eye Candy

Forgot to attach the photo oops

0888970001641337239.jpg

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Truckers report website?

Thanks again for the reply G-Town, I appreciate the time you all take to answer my questions. As for the answers to yours, to he honest sir, I am not sure exactly what I am looking for, I tend to over analyze things. I do know that much. I was only asking because I didn't want to be looking else where than here on trucking truth and see info that may or may not be true and confuse myself. While I am working on discovering my ailment I am taking the time to find any and all info I can about just about everything trucking.

And lastly, I did join over a year ago, and I was 100%, ready to take the plunge and join up with whoever would take me, but I got sick then and am still trying to discover the cause of what's going on. Because of covid being the thing I was not able to get into any Doctors and ended up losing my health insurance because of not being able to work. (Not asking for pity or anything like that, I'm not that kind of person. just explaining why I didnt end up already taking the plunge)

If what I've already been given is more than enough for taking the next step, I will just be spending the time I have reviewing and such and will refrain from asking any other questions regarding outside Information.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer, it is greatly appreciated. Safe travels! (I realize all my questioning may be doing more harm than good, I could very well be overly working myself up which is definitely not the plan here)

-Canaan

Canaan you joined over a year ago and at that time basically asked a similar set of questions. You asked about other trucking websites as well. With all of the research you have claimed to do, what exactly are you looking for that you haven’t found?

IMO we have provided you with plenty of information, more than enough to take the next step.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Eye Candy

I believe this is the right thread

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Truckers report website?

Hey G-Town thanks for the reply. Is our list here on trucking truth a current list of the starter companies? I mean, I have done my reading up here while waiting to find and cure my ailment that's keeping me from taking the plunge(just got new testing done and might finally have it figured out) and I know that you guys here say it's up to me to make the company that I choose be good for me. I was just looking for a current database of available companies for non cdl beginners like myself, while waiting I like to do my research on the companies and find out which ones for example. Hire in my area, offer the company paid training (and hire for that in my area). Don't care too much about the pay scale (yet) as even 40k for my first year would be an embarrassing amount higher than my normal yearly salaries from any previous job.

Thanks! -Canaan

Paid CDL Training Programs

Trucking Company Reviews

Truck Driver's Career Guide

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Truckers report website?

Thank you for the reply, do you happen to know of a site other than here that I can see company information? Basically just looking for a database of the available companies and those that offer the company paid training. The research of each company I can manage once I figure out all their names Thanks -Canaan

It all depends on what information you’re searching for. Technical information about trucks or cb radios, good restaurants and places to park, it’s great. If you’re looking for information about companies, run like hell because it’s nothing but doom and gloom.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Truckers report website?

Is truckers report.com a good site as additional info for the industry? Is anyone familiar with the site? Or is there any recommendations of sites that I can use for the most up to date info on the different trucking companies? And possibly have reviews from employees and such? I tried glassdoor, but it doesn't seem honest.

Thanks! -Canaan

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

First year solo. Knight Flatbed

Silently following along here, flatbed is where I'll be heading once Im ready to start my journey. Thanks for doing your journals here. Bunch of useful (and current) information. Much appreciated and good luck!

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Trucker Road Rage

That is one adorable dog

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Off trucking topic - TV shows on the road

For fantasy topic (magic, magical creatures this and that) you could check out carnival row on Amazon prime. My only gripe with it (and most any show these days) is the amount of sexual content in it. But... aside from that. It's a a good show and really hits the fantasy itch.

Posted:  1 month ago

Trucking trashers

Thanks everyone for your replies and insight! It makes sense now and was able to give mom a proper answer as well!

Canaan;

I truly DO hope you work out your health/med issues.

Trucking IS (can be) a very REWARDING career. I'm on my 2nd (guys) one, haha! Been with him for 20 plus years. It's NOT easy on the female of the family, either. Know that.

Sometimes, Tom refers to himself as "I'm just a Dumb Trucker." Ya know what? The 2 degrees he has....didn't pay anything. I get upset when he says that, but ... some people just have that mindset. Stay AWAY from those'uns!

Best wishes, good sir.

~ Anne & Tom ~

ps: Read Old School's blog! It's in his profile. It's AWESOME. If you can't find it, lmk! He should've been an author, pro style!

pps: I spent 34 years in the industry Kandyman has / is . . . they don't nearly recognize THAT enough, either.. but ! We can't all be doctors and lawyers. If we were, nobody would need us/them! LoL !

Thanks for the replies pack rat and Rob T! I do wish people would respect truckers more. Without trucking my family would have been homeless from the beginning. My pap was a trucker and due to poverty and such mom and I basically relied on him for support. And I got to travel the country with him growing up. It was a very awe inspiring opportunity and with out it I guarantee I wouldn't have the desire to drive myself. I guess more people need to be made aware of the importance of Truckers and the emotional and physical toll Trucking itself has on the driver's.

You summed it up, yourself, sir! sorry.gif good-luck.gif sorry.gif

I feel like I am close Anne, I believe I have finally gotten to the correct specialists and have a new internal medicine Dr that is working along with them all. I hope to finally have answers after my next few tests, got my 2 mri scans and also have to do some sort of stomach testing where they feed me breakfast and for the next 3 hours on the hour they scan my stomach to see if the food is digesting and moving through my system properly. I have good feelings about these tests. And I do believe I am finally starting to heal naturally as well. Finally after 10 months I am gaining strength back and am having many less days weak in bed!