Profile For Travis L.

Travis L.'s Info

1 year ago

Travis L.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  5 months ago

TMC

Thanks guy's and another thing. Does TMC or any flatbed companies stress on safety? Also I'll be honest will TMC help someone like me that is not a fan of heights help me with loads that I'm not confortable with?

Posted:  5 months ago

TMC

Been thinking about going with TMC. Just curious on what types of loads do they haul?

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Study that Handbook

Thanks guy's for your feedback.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Study that Handbook

Well today was the day I went to take my cdl permit test. I was so nervous and was studying for it as well. I failed on the general knowledge portion and air brakes. Passed on the combination. When I was studying I did read the handbook. But then decided to do these practice test fourm's, apps and watching Roehl's practice test videos. NOPE NOPE. Going back on reading that handbook like I should of done. Because when I took the test I was hoping to see some the questions I was doing on these platforms. Some where on there but not so much. So, I recommend to anyone that is studying for their permit test, is to read that handbook.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Endorsement

Well that's good to hear. Thanks guy's.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Endorsement

Question for anyone next week I'm taking my permit test. I sorta made a mistake of not getting the hazmat and tankers endorsement. My question is if I pass my permit test. Do I need to retake the entire test if I decide in the future to get the Endorsements? Even I might go for doubles as well because why not.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Roehl Transport information. Other questions

@Big Scott (CFI's biggest fan) I'm 34 and the reason I don't have ten years of work history. Is because I have made bad choices that caused me not to work for a period of time. I'm not going to discuss on things to anyone that I don't know. But does CFI do a paid cdl program?

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Roehl Transport information. Other questions

If there are any past ROEHL transport drivers or students that attended or are going attend the Appleton, WI training for your cdl. I was told that I would need to find my own ride from the hotel to the training center. Where is the hotel that they stick you in and what are the options of transportaion to get you to the school. The travel to Appleton is no problem, its the getting from the hotel and to school is the issue. If any past Roehl or current drivers that can help me that'll be great.

Also are there any other paid cdl schools that don't require a ten year work history application, like Swift or Prime does? I've tried Wilson cross them out and other companies that don't take anybody from Maine. Any help that would be great.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Permit test

I'm waiting for a date and time to take my permit test. And I've been using the tools on this site to study and practice for the test. Just curious are they about the same questions on the test it self. Thank you for your time.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Trailers

I've been seeing these trucks pulling, these trailers that have a three or four wheel base. I've seen them on dry vans, reefers. I'm curious what's the purpose for them? I've even seen Wilson Logistics have a few on their trailers. I believe our friends across the pond uses them but I've never seen them until lately over in the states.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Companies to choose from

Well I am in a pickle on trying to decide on which company to choose from. Between ROEHL and Wilson Logistics. They both sound like great company's to work for and learn from. I am just wondering on if either have manual transmissions on their trucks. Because I kinda don't want to have a automatic restriction on my license. I'm rely not worried about pay because I'm going to be a rookie getting into the business. I don't know which one that will train me the right way. So, if anyone that has been to either both companies or know I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot guys and gals.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Studying for permit

Well that's something great to hear. Maybe I should and also with this website's hiring application I had another phone call with Wilson Logistics are they the same company that this form did company review on it was Wilson Trucking. Because I don't know much about them, how are they for people like getting into the company?

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Studying for permit

Well thanks to great help from this amazing website. I have applied for ROEHL transport, went over the phone with the recruiter. She ask me if I have been studying. And I am, I told her I need more time so she gave me a week and a half. I'm actually nervous about it. They require to study for Introduction Driving Safely, Transporting Cargo Safely, Air Brakes, Combination Vehicles. Now I've asked if I should study for hazmat, she said that's up to me. But should I? I kinda don't because honestly I don't want to haul something that can be dangerous lol. Any suggestions and helpful tips on studying for the exam?

Posted:  8 months ago

Podcast

Thanks you two I'll check it out.

Posted:  8 months ago

Podcast

I'm just curious if there are any good trucking podcasts out there. I listen to one, good one Talkcdl on Spotify. I was just wondering if there any other good ones out there? And I do recommend this one especially when they have someone name Johnny Acid on their program 😅.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Paid Trucking school companies to choose

Hello, Truckers out there. I've have a question on what is a good Trucking school company out there. That will help pay for your training and so forth. I've been doing a lot of research and youtubing and just rely thinking on what is best for me. I have looked up on C.R. England, Swift and I'm getting a lot of negativity on these two company's. I'm deciding on the two though. I've done some research on Prime and I'm not a huge fan on there application process. I was hoping on Knight but they won't pay for room or transportation if I'm getting this right, then if not please correct me. I'm rely wanting to drive truck and make a living. But I'm having trouble what is a good company that will help me get my cdl and drive for them. So, that I have experience and work for one of my state comapny's. So, if anyone that could help me that will be great, and thank you for your time to do so. And I kinda would like the truth about C.R. England are they rely that bad of company and do they rely do the three man bunk thing?

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Best Way/Place to Begin

Hey, Heath I'm going through the same thing as you are. If it all goes well next year around spring/summer time. Im going to choose a trucking company, get my CDL and do my part. But honestly reading Old School's advice, is the best one I've found and read. And honestly why would you wanna go say 75 mph with carrying what 40,000 Ibs? I've seen YouTube videos of trucks, off the road or turned over because they was going to fast. And what I've gathered if I'm wrong or right about this. Is that in some states you are supposed to drive the limit or under? Like maybe California for one? I mean common no one should be a Snowman trying to evade the sheriff, and run along with Bandit with you.

And for choosing a company, go with the one that suits you. I'm debating on two companies and two have bad reputations. But in the long run I'm just wanting the opportunity and the experience that I need. So, that way I can transition to a home based company. Good luck though.