Profile For Tammy A.

Tammy A.'s Info

MA

Preparing For School

4 months, 1 week ago

Tammy A.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Tammy A.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 month ago

Newbie Here! Best advice for a woman thinking of jumping in...

Actually I called social workers and asked if there was any way Henry can go on respite for 2 months and when im done get him back. The answer is YES. The reason I say 2 months and get him back is if I dont get my cdl or something happens during training I will have a job to come back to. If I get my cdl well im going otr full force. SO a BIG duck in a row now.

Ok-- so one more question... and I think this one is the most important of them all.

I'm gonna start off by saying, I don't care much about company pay, etc. I figure the first year-- my main mission is just to learn the job and get as good as I can at what I'm doing-- the money comes with knowledge.

So having said that-- are there any company sponsored training programs that you experts here think are better compared to others? Any programs that a rookie with little to no experience in anything larger than a minivan should stay away from? (I've heard that Roehl is pretty ruthless with their quickness to cut rookies that aren't catching on fast).

Really-- with everything else I've been able to glean from relentlessly reading this board-- I think this is the last important question in me deciding which way to go.

Brandie, I can only speak about Schneider training. I believe that it was top notch. But when you are new, you are a beggar not a chooser. Get on with a big company with a training program. You are right, just take what you are offered and go with it.

There are two of you here. You and Tammy. Both of you have my respect, but I wonder about your ability to follow through. How about your children? When I was young, I didn't get any help from my parents because they were unable to provide any. Instead, I helped my parents financially until their deaths. How about your children? Are they able to help you pursue your dream?

Posted:  1 month ago

Wilson Logistics - Missoula MT

WOW! Congratulations!

Posted:  1 month ago

Dot medical help

Ive had the same doctor for 15 years and when I drank and smoked weed or felt depressed, I never told her. Its not her business

How would they know about rehab or a hospital visit?

If by "they" you mean the trucking company, they probably know more about you than you know about yourself. Myself included. That's why we have to sign a release for them to get confidential medical records. It's insane how little privacy there is.

Posted:  1 month ago

Dot medical help

How would they know about rehab or a hospital visit?

Posted:  1 month ago

Newbie Here! Best advice for a woman thinking of jumping in...

I was thinking February too. I just wanted to know when to start communicating. I think I heard a couple months.

Timeline largely depends on how quickly I can squirrel away enough money to cover my butt while I'm in school. If I can pull it off-- I'd love to head out by October 1 so that I can get some road time in before the holidays. Otherwise, I'll likely wait until February (tax time.. extra money in the bank no matter what).

I'm still leaning heavily towards Prime at this point....

I submitted the form here on this site and have communicated via email with a couple of companies-- explaining that I may be a couple months out at this point and everyone has been quite pleasant.

Posted:  1 month ago

Newbie Here! Best advice for a woman thinking of jumping in...

Brandie, Can I ask you your time line? When are you able to actually head out for training? Also if its months out are you calling companies now or waiting till you can walk out the door?

Call a Millis recruiter directly on the phone.

Posted:  1 month ago

Finally worked.

Anne..Thats all I was trying to say. I did it right from the start. I put the pics up before easy. This pic just wouldnt download for some reason and I couldnt figure out why.

Did EXACT same thing I did 100 x yesterday and picture came up. Same that happened to the other guy. subject dead. thanks for trying to help

Glad you got it !!! I saw that you DO have 2 photos in your gallery now; AMEN!

Perseverance is PRIMO in trucking, for sure. Then again, so is Humility. Necessities! (Well, niceties matter, too, haha!)

So . . . . why don'tcha go ahead and POST that DMV abstract here, then?!?!? (Just a thought!)

Stay blessed;

~ Anne ~

Posted:  1 month ago

How do you put a photo up

WOW JUST WOW! I put this up earlier under "FINALLY WORKED"

Posted:  1 month ago

How do you put a photo up

OMG the picture wouldnt download . I did everything right. It wasnt any fault of my own. THATS IT

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How do you put a photo up

You are my saving grace! Same thing happened to you! sucks when people treat me like a complete moron when they cant comprehend what i am saying. WTH LOL

Bold Italic Underline Quote Photo Link Smiley Links On TruckingTruth

I see these buttons

Upload New PhotoNo file chosen

I see these buttons

Upload New Photom2.jpg Please enter a caption of one sentence or less: Test

Then this is next

0083516001629074458.jpg

Then after 15 tries, it finally goes thru!!!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Finally worked.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How do you put a photo up

not a big deal. can we forget it now? I dont need to post any pictures

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How do you put a photo up

Im on a computer. I asked the moderator if he can look at my profile and see whats missing. i didnt mean to respond yes to the post " after 15 times it worked"

Tammy when you're typing your reply in this post are you on a mobile device or a desktop/laptop computer? Have you tried to scroll up just a little bit? When my keyboard is open on mobile it hides the blue buttons above. I'm completely lost why you say you do not have the same buttons we do.

Brett, does somebody having their status as a reader affect their abilities to upload photos? Does it have anything to do with the photo of her son she uploaded with the caption of "see he's not retarded"? I only mention that because Brett has stated many times that everything on this website represents him and with how offensive some people find that term im just trying to figure out if there's a system issue or misunderstanding, or if its intentional. I created a new profile quick to test the "reader" theory but my buttons were no different than on this account.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How do you put a photo up

Then after 15 tries, it finally goes thru!!!

It can take over an hour or two for pictures to download.

Also, do you have the Forum popping up with the request to sign in, even though you've been on the site for a while? If it does that, open up a whole new page and sign-in, then go back to the page you're trying to add text or a picture and continue on. If you have been on a while and then try to add a post without signing in, it won't go.

Laura

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How do you put a photo up

OHHHHHHHHH MY GOD

If you don't have a submit button, how are you posting?

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How do you put a photo up

ok if you didnt have a submit button on your reply box then you should really think hard about continuing driving.

We can't make it any easier. All I did was tell you to think long and hard about this lifestyle. You have a 33 year old child to care for and have problems with very basic instructions. This career requires snap decisions and thought out plans. You don't need tech out here, but it makes the job that much easier.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How do you put a photo up

lol Itried EVERYTHING everybody said and your step by step photos I did it all. Im not computer savvy but im not a moron lol

You don't upload photos where your profile is. You do that right here in the forum. The photos you upload will be placed in your profile page automatically. I can't ever tell what you are doing wrong, but if you are confused about it you upload your photo right here in the forum when you are making a comment.

When you are typing a response in the reply box or text box the photo button is right there above it.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How do you put a photo up

umm on one of the profile features there is a TEXT BOX. I saw it b4. Why are you throwing my trucking career out the window because my profile is missing buttons? I said the features that were there when I put up my previous pictures are NOT THERE!!!!! I wrote my record. Its not a big deal.

Tammy, I really wonder if trucking is for you. You seem to be more computer illiterate than my 78 year old mother. We use a lot of technology on this job. There are elogs, phone apps and GPSs. You are having so much trouble understanding what we have said to you in words and pictures.

Most 12 year olds are more tech savvy than me, yet I can hold my own.

I really think you should do some thinking about this move.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Well Company paid it is!

Good for you! I think some of the schools pay for food and hotel. I would definitley bring money too. so jealous. Wish I could jump now too

So I could not get a loan for local CDL school (debt to income ratio), so I guess it is company paid CDL school. Now off to sell my motorcycle so I can afford food and bills while I'm training!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How do you put a photo up

There is no text box only reply box and i did everything everybody said and no pic. not a big deal. i wrote out my record

I suspect you may be missing one step in the process, so I'll give the pictorial step by step process.

1- Click the photo tab above the text box

0343110001629112332.jpg

2- Click "Upload new photo"

0916515001629112402.jpg

3- choose where you wish the photo to come from

0308883001629112452.jpg

4- choose which photo you wish to upload

0641080001629112492.jpg

5- Add caption. You must add something here. Even one letter will suffice. I've added a dollar sign in this example.

0886964001629112629.jpg

6- Click "Go" to upload photo. This can sometimes take a little while.

0467918001629112725.jpg

0296559001629112827.jpg

7- preview your post to see how it will appear to others

0650700001629113290.jpg

8- If you're happy with how it looks, hit submit.

0216342001629113357.jpg