Profile For Tammy A.

Tammy A.'s Info

MA

Preparing For School

1 year, 8 months ago

Tammy A.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Tammy A.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Suspended license

Have a tailgate party!

Really got a shock today when my FM called me and told me my license has been suspended by Wisconsin. I was allowed to get to the nearest truck stop, but now I’m out of service until I get this fixed. The company is sending a bobtail to take my trailer to delivery in NC.

last year in March, I had a fresh physical and got a one year card. That superseded my FedMed card that I had at orientation, so I needed to register the new FedMed card with Wisconsin. Somehow the paperwork was lost and Wisconsin DMV says they didn’t get the update. So when my Wisconsin Med card expired a few weeks ago, it set in motion the suspension.

I’m currently trying to contact WI DMV to see how soon I can get reinstated. My company says anywhere from 1 to 10 days. Until then, I sit here at Pilot in Roland, OK.

Here I sit, broken-hearted Came to drive But can’t get started. confused.gif confused.gif embarrassed.gif shocked.png

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

No hair follicle test

Oh hell ya I am like those old timers. If the whole internet system crashed it couldn' be too soon. I'll go back to bunny ears to get my creature feature on channel 56. There were no t.v.s in rigs hell you couldnt even walk a step, the sleeper was right there. As far as drugs and alcohol I totally agree. Booze is worse then weed. Thats all I am saying. I remember the tailgate parties we had a blast. Back then though every few loads we had to wait for a pick up so we laid over many nights in the truck stop and so did alot of other truckers with nothing to do( if you remember the truck stops it was either a Howard Johnson or just one diner) 70's 80's BEST YEARS EVER

Really? I don't drink any more but I guess things have changed. Not that I believe truckers dont drink in their rigs but I'm surprised they don't allow tail gate parties any more?

OMG!! You're as bad as the old guys that bring up the olden days. Hopefully, you're not as bad as them wanting everything to stay the same. In my lifetime, especially when computers and cell phones came about, life just accelerated where everything is moving fast and changing. Most of it's for the good, not everything is and where driving is concerned, laws had to be made to crack down the abusive drugs and drinking.

My husband was a driver and the stories he told about staying awake for three and four days on some kind of drugs, was just scary. When we started driving together, he wanted to do that crap. I have never done drugs, actually I've never smoked cigarettes either, but I told them there would be no drugs and driving for hours at a time because it wasn't necessary running team.

I got my chauffeur's license in 1988 after I got out of the Air Force. Yes there was drinking and a lot of drugs that was going on at truck stops and rest areas. But because of that and wrecks that killed people, DOT cracked down and laws were made about drinking, drugging and driving. As for tailgate parties, I ran team and crisscrossed this country and never saw tailgate parties. We did see a single guy or even a team break out of barbecue and cook on it for themselves, but very seldom even saw that.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

No hair follicle test

Phew, Well I am glad to hear that!

Yeah, much has changed since 1985. Trucking, TVs, cellular phones, phone computers, something called the Internet, Soviet Union dissolved. Lots of changes. Drinking and drugs not fitting with trucking has not changed.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

No hair follicle test

Even if the alcohol is consumed outside of the truck entirely, entering a commercial vehicle with a license of a class sufficient to drive the vehicle while drunk is risking a huge legal issue. Suppose a driver goes to a restaurant that serves alcohol after parking and gets drunk. This driver returns to his or her truck to sleep. Less than 3 hours later a safety issue of some sort has police knocking on truck doors for trucks to be moved. 5 drinks is not going to equate to a sober driver less than 3 hours later. Police smell alcohol and the driver is placed under arrest. DUI in a commercial vehicle. That driver is most likely never driving a commercial vehicle again. It's a highly unlikely scenario, but any driver who drinks and then gets in his or her truck is taking a monumental risk. It makes it really exactly the same as the driver who uses drugs and tries to time it with random drug tests.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

No hair follicle test

Since when? Truckers dont have tailgate parties any more when laid over? You cant go out to a bar on your time off? I'm not spewing anything. This is what was normal 38 years ago. If things changed, well then I guess they changed. I spent 3 years on the road in the early 80's and had a blast! Almost every truck stop had a strip bar within walking distance for the "commercial beavers" . They were everywhere and all the truckers got smashed. At least thats the way it used to be.

How is that NOT true? You can sit at a truck stop at the end of each day and drink and your good. Smoke a joint on your time off your fired.

But if your a drunk your good

What?? That's not true. Where did you get that stupid idea?

But if your a drunk your good

What?? That's not true. Where did you get that stupid idea?

No you cannot. ANY alcohol on a CMV, other than being transported in the trailer and listed on a BOL, is illegal.

You should stick to reading and asking questions concerning trucking instead of incorrectly spewing negative false information, Tammy.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

No hair follicle test

But if your a drunk your good

What?? That's not true. Where did you get that stupid idea?

But if your a drunk your good

What?? That's not true. Where did you get that stupid idea?

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

No hair follicle test

But if your a drunk your good

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Students-check your attitude!

I just finished my degree I started 17 years ago and sat in a classroom with this younger generation. Half claimed they had autism and the other quarter sat there playing with these pop boards or fidgit toys because they had anxiety. I have dealt with clients who have "real" mental disabilities and I didnt find 2 who fit the category. I told some of the kids how awful it is to tell your child they are disabled from the start and how it will effect their self esteem throughout life. IMHO I just think alot of these parents claim disability because they get an extra check every month. Its really disgusting

Posted:  1 month ago

Simulator

Has anybody practiced with a simulator and does it help?

Posted:  1 month ago

Kearsey

I am starting to watch your videos. OMG you are a scream! I love your attitude and so far they are the BEST videos I have seen. I think you are going to be an inspiration to me. I am watching videos from 3 years ago but 3 years are really a day so it's all recent information. I see your little cat died and I haven't reached that video yet but I'll probably cry. You are a sweet soul and have a strong will. I feel I do too and I am heading to Vegas with my camper for 6 months to clear my mind and get myself ready to start training. I'm 59 so I hope I can get into one of the companies who will train me. I went on the road with my ex years ago. I lived in the truck for 3 years and absolutely loved the lifestyle. I am a gypsy at heart, always have been. Over the road is the way to go. Thanks for your videos so far. I'm going to spend the day binge watching (I think thats what hey call it). I also am going to use your videos to push me forward. It's a scary time in my life now I am finally free of responsibility and now my responsibility is to myself. I cant wait to start the last phase in my life!

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Getting weak

Even 10 pounds will change everything

Over the last couple of weeks I have found that I don't have the stamina to drive as long as I used to. I don't know if it's possibly because lately the substantial portion of my driving has often started after I have been waiting to be loaded/unloaded for a few hours. It wasn't that long ago that I could easily drive 10 or 11 hours with just a 30-minute to 1-hour break thrown in. These past couple of weeks I hit 6 hours of driving and feel ready for a nap. I have been putting on a little bit of weight. Could that be the simple answer? Weight gain is leading to me feeling lethargic and in need of sleep more often?

Posted:  3 months ago

Just an fyi

In case anyone cares lol....I bought a new car and a 26 ft tow camper. I have a campground reserved for 3 months and me and my kid are heading to Vegas! I am going to take a little break and see some of California and then I am going to start looking into trucking companies to start my training. Leaving January 23. FINALLY!!!

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Making moves

I'm not. I can't. I just quit a job I've had for 25 years. I have no choice.

Keep the positive stuff close and let the negative go.

I am leaving here end of January.

Keep that fire burning. Three months will give you plenty of opportunities to give up. DON’T!

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Making moves

Thanks! Im reading the book The Raw Truth and I am learning alot. This is TOTALLY the lifestyle I have been looking for. Im a gypsy at heart. I lived in a truck traveling the country and Canada at 20 years old and loved it. Once I tie up some loose ends Im heading South.

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Making moves

Well I made my first move. I told social workers I have to let my client go after 19 years. I am scared and excited. I have not been able to walk out of my house to a store without worrying about getting home to my clients in 25 years. I am buying a camper and heading down to Alabama. Yes my kid too. I am leaving here end of January. Once I get down there I am going to start looking for a trucking company to train with. cut out the weed but its gonna take a few months to get totally out of my system. NEW START! I dont really like it anyway it makes me tired. My plan is to find a company and move to where ill train. The kid can stay with the RV and try to find his way also. I might be able to stay at the campsite while i train . who knows what will happen but thats the plan. Of course NOTHING ever ever ever turns out the way its planned but I will be freeeee of a very heavy responsibility that I have had so I dont even know what its going to look like in my eyes. This freedom is going to be brand new. I hope I take this opportunity and run. I usually do what I say . I know its been a couple years talking about trucking but its a big decision and I didnt want to make a mistake. I need this group to help me through. I talk to Anne so mama please stick by me. Im just a 60 year old brand new baby Im gonna need your advice from time to time. Thanks for the talks so far. Anyway this is my plan. Dont jump about the kid. What can I say...one thing at a time. Nobody wants my kid independent more then me but he can at least take care of the rv. I told him if he gives me any ****..I will be a truck driver and that means I dont have to turn around. ok thanks for letting me blab again here. One box is checked so far .

Posted:  6 months ago

I have No clue what to do

Why NO?

So now I have talked to pretty much every company that I can think of and every one says no to my application I really have no clue what to do

Posted:  6 months ago

Thinking of teaming with my kid

I knew there had to be mother/kid somewhere out there.

I had a student with Prime whose mother began training about a month after him. When my student finished he ran solo for a month until his mother finished her training. I ran into them at a random truck stop in Texas a couple months after they had started teaming. They got along really well and seemed to enjoy driving together.

It can be done. And Prime had no issues with a Mother and Son team.

Posted:  6 months ago

Thinking of teaming with my kid

Anne , The only way he would do it is if he had no choice. Why dont we do it together lol

I am trying to get my 34 year old to get his cdl with me so we can team drive. I wonder how many mother and son drivers there are out there? I would feel more comfortable with my kid helping me and me helping him. With both of us having our CDL and living on the road is better then just sitting around this house. Would companies look down on a mother/son team?

Tammy;

I was waiting for others' replies, before I chimed in. I'm not a 'real' driver myself yet, either.

Here's my take; I've known you a 'little bit' off forum, chit chat & what not. If YOU and HE train SEPARATELY, (let's say, each join Prime, for instance;) and obtain your CDLA's independently, then.... run maybe 6 months to a year SOLO, I'd be all for saying 'why not?'

I'm in a similar boat. When my RC heals (if ever, rotator cuff btw) ... Tom wants to join an OTR company together and train ME. We did that years ago twice, on my permit. It was fun then; but I doubt ever again. He's not the training type. Are you? Who's gonna lead whom?

If you REALLY want to go against the grain, look at CRST and maybe CRE... as far as dual training.

I've BEEN there (sorda) and I'm still 'nope.'

Wish you well, no matter.

PLEASE make sure sure sure sure that all forms of Cannabis are totallly void of your system, before EVEN thinking further, too! I know you like to party, m'lady. Didn't WE ALL in some form, at some point. Any residuals (even CBD) is the kiss of death in this industry, as has been proved time after time, right here on TT.

You know I wish you the best, m'lady. I'm almost thinking maybe you & he could drive 'tour buses' upon obtaining your CDLB...and enjoy the drive, AND the ride!

Seriously & sincerely,

~ Anne ~

Posted:  6 months ago

Thinking of teaming with my kid

Well Nobody has ever held my hand thats for sure. 0

Honestly, this industry takes a high level of self sufficiency, and a "get it done" attitude.

Your description of your son makes me think that it would be a very bad idea for him to get in a truck, because of previously bashing the trucking industry. Also, if it's not his idea, the drive just won't be there.

As for you, this post is reading like you are co-dependant and are unable to take risks without having someone there holding your hand.

Yeah, it would be nice to team with my kid. For about a week. But he is a grown adult and needs his separation from me as his parent, as much as I need separation from him as my now adult child.

It doesn't appear that you can handle the pressures of a driving career. I am not saying that to put you down, but point out the reality. Failure happens in this industry, for a multitude of reasons. The biggest is a persona inability to "get it done" without someone babysitting them and holding their hand.

Posted:  6 months ago

Thinking of teaming with my kid

Im trying to convince him we can do this together. If we dont get along driving team he can go off and drive on his own. Hes thinking about it. Hes not putting trucking down like he used to so maybe he will do it. Honestly I would feel more confident if we teamed because he s really smart when it comes to learning and he knows exactly what to do its just getting him to do it. He knew the RV to the T so it was a help when something went wrong. I would hope if he committed he would follow through if he didnt then he will be left behind. Once I take the step theres no turning back for me. But I hear whay you are saying

Tammy,

Do you really think you can get him off his lazy a$$ to get a CDL-A? Still keeping him dependent on you. It's not good for you or him.

Have you been off weed long enough for it to be out of your system? Worry about that first.