Profile For Eddie L.

Eddie L.'s Info

NE

Considering A Career

12 months ago

Eddie L.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Eddie L.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  5 months ago

Confused about the changes taking effect Feb 7th

Thanks for the replies. I don’t really need it just wanted to try and add some endorsements to my license before the new requirements take effect. I should have done it when I got my CDL years ago but I opted for the minimum required by the company I was working for back then.

Posted:  5 months ago

Confused about the changes taking effect Feb 7th

Confused about the changes taking effect Feb 7th. Current CDL is basic air brakes and combo. Went to DMV to add tankers, doubles and triples, and Hazmat. Based on the practice test provided on the site I went in thinking tankers and doubles/triples would be a cake walk and I would struggle with the Hazmat. To my surprise the Hazmat was the easy one. After I passed the hazmat the guy behind the counter said stop what you’re doing and get the background check complete because they need me to be clear before Monday to avoid having to go to a CDL school to add the endorsement. In a panic I called to arrange the appointment and was told congrats on passing the written but a background check the same day is a no go. I schedule the appointment for the background check and go back inside to finish testing for the other endorsements. I ask the guy behind the counter if I’m good to go since I passed the test and he said no since I won’t have the background done by the 7th. He doubles check with a coworker who says I’m good since I already have a CDL and I passed the test. I’m confused and don’t know which one to believe. Any light that can be shed will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucking and Unionization...

This is a great thread indeed. I’ve always prided myself in being a dedicated hard worker for any company that gave me the opportunity since I was a teenager. I put myself through college thinking it would help me get ahead in life. Regretted that decision until I got my first Union job. Before I got my degree I would be told we want someone with more education. After I got my degree they wanted someone with experience. The Union brought me in got me training and lifted me out of poverty. While it’s true there were some lazy cats in our Union, us guys who were out in the field worked hard and took pride in the work we were turning out. People talk about the lazy folks in Unions, but honestly there are just as many if not more lazy people who are not Union who do enough to get by. Another thing I have a hard time figuring out is why people complain about Unions fighting for a better life for their members but are silent when it comes to CEOs and the compensation they get. Their compensation package has to figure into pricing just as much as the men and women who actually do the hard work to make a company successful.

Posted:  7 months ago

Shifting

Thank you for all the replies. I will try and pay more attention to how the truck feel and sounds. I will also do a quick search on YT for a visual representation of the advice given here.

Thanks again!

Posted:  7 months ago

Shifting

I would like to learn how to float gears. Even though I don’t have a lot miles under my belt, I am very comfortable double clutching and want to teach myself to float gears without tearing up the truck.

What RPM range works best? Also can you float when downshifting?

Any information provided will be greatly appreciated.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Eye Candy

Saw this at Slamology in Indianapolis this past summer

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Photos, oddball things

It was at Slamology in Indianapolis this past summer. The were plenty of decked out semis there with my favorite being customized by an outfit called Davis Brothers

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Photos, oddball things

0846262001637627026.jpg

Spotted this at a car show

Posted:  9 months ago

A Week in the Walmart Private Fleet

How long does it take to train yourself to be so efficient? It doesn’t seem like a second goes unaccounted for in your day.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Introduction

Thank you for the replies. The truck is a straight axle truck. It hauls diesel, def, antifreeze, oil and lube for topping off dump trucks and side dumps. Been a while since I’ve driven a stick so there’s a gear grind or two here and there 😀

Posted:  9 months, 2 weeks ago

Introduction

I recently lucked into a part time job driving a fuel truck. Most of my driving is in the yard with occasional driving to job sites. Will this count for any experience in the future?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Posted:  10 months ago

Introduction

Hi all my name is Eddie and I’ve been lurking around the site for a little while soaking up all the wisdom I can from the seasones vets on the site. I have a CDL but no endorsements or real driving experience as it was a requirement for a previous job. The last time I got laid off from said job I considered going into trucking but was persuaded not to until the little one is older since she is at an age where dad is still cool to be around. Eventually I believe I will persue a career in trucking when the time seems more right. Until then I will continue to visit the site and soak up all the info I can with a few post sprinkled in here and there.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago