Profile For Jesse G.

Jesse G.'s Info

6 months, 1 week ago

Jesse G.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Trucker Life Summarized into One Funny Anecdote

The working professional homeless.

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

What are we in grade school, no swearing allowed.

Wow, Jessie G, did you really just tell someone that commented "Eff you"? You're a real piece of work aren't you.

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

I think most of you are misunderstanding something about me defending him. I'm not saying Schneider is a horrible company, like I said before my great great family member worked for them when it started and loved them. Their orientation was like a little cdl refresher course with added info and training, but the reality is the company has turned to drivers being numbers and in that system people do fall through the cracks. And if right they did what most defense companies during war expanding past regular operational capacities and now some drivers will always suffer, may be at the hands of the masses, corporate structure, etc there will always be a defining line that gets drawn, and in this case it seems to be Natives of America, which would have old man Schneider rolling over in his grave to jump up and slap the **** out of people.

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

The stories not made up, and they did, bad shocks, broken fuel gauge, bad steering and tie rods amount other things. I don't talk bad about company policies every company does things different, but maintenance since I have a background in engineering and mechanics, I will tear a company apart over it because it's a safety issue that will get people killed. And when the maintenance staff even tells me at the facility the parts are borderline out of spec and Schneider doesn't want them replaced, then there's issues.

Jesse you seem really upset that you didn’t have any success at Schneider. Nothing wrong with that. They weren’t a good fit for you. But don’t try and make up some story about Schneider making you run a truck that’s not legal. It’s nonsense. I ran for the Dollar Tree account and talked to other drivers on a weekly basis. There were complaints that went around but none were ever about Schneider running faulty equipment. Ever.

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

So earlier it was my fault, then it was my fault again even after Schneider cleared the truck when it shouldn't have been? Do you people ever hold the right ones accountable or take the **** rolls down hill speech as law.

So you knowingly put yourself and the motoring public at risk because driving a truck that according to you is unsafe? All to make a bucks? Not very "professional"

Somehow China is involved?? If you rambled like this to your DM it is no wonder they let you go.

I smell some conspiracy theories brewing.

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

I'm not upset about Schneider not working out, that stuff happens, I'm actually shocked at so many drivers kissing ass, I was raised every person pits their pants on the same way, one leg at a time, just seems none of your bosses ever zip up their pants after put on theirs.

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

You don't know much about steering rods and to rods do you. More of the same 50 questions be trying to discredit someone. Come on guys, it's 2021 god's dead, Jesus lives and the world is in chaos, the 50 questions game doesn't go anywhere anymore. Selling out their employees for gov contracts and expanding their fleet beyond necessity is about what Schneider has done and why stories like mine and Mr Rosa's exist with enough support from people like you to try and discredit it, that's why they ended up in China. Old man Schneider would roll over in his grave and jump out of it to smack a few people around, if he has seen what his company was turned into.

I did, and they wouldn't, the steering rods were rusted together, interaxle locks didn't work the fuel gauge was busted, shocks were bad tires were bad and out of spec they never wanted to replace them I had it in various shops of theirs and the TA for 6months. When I wanted to do a lease purchase to simply have more control over my vehicle itself I was given a load of **** and fired for something other drivers didn't get fired for. Sometimes it's the company, and with a company like Schneider where everyone is a literal number stupidity happens all too often anymore and the only excuse you ever get it well our system works or we wouldn't be this big of a company. No, your this big of a company because your mega company system hijacked the name of a great man in trucking and expanded your bull**** slowly under it until people start calling it out and then get met with responses like the other drivers and owner ops are giving now when it's simply not the case anymore.

I'm not buying that, sometimes it is the company. My truck was broke for 6 months when I was driving with Schneider, the home time issue similar but I didn't care as much about that, the pay not so great because I was always dealing with maintenance issues the company refused to fix that were dangerous. Drivers blaming other drivers for not fitting into cookie cutter operations 100lb heads with management/psychology degrees come up when they call out a companies bull**** is a bigger issue, makes the drivers look weak and replaceable with AI/GPS systems.

Two Drivers go to the same Schneider Orientation. One has your experience and goes through seven companies in less than two years, the other stays with Schneider two years before moving on.

Driver one, after five years, realized HIS mistakes and settled into company number…uh, who knows? Driver two is on his second company and plans to retire there.

Maybe reconsider your priorities/objectives?

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

Call BS all you want, I was at a fleet dealership getting repairs too and they didn't find the rusted up tie rod when they were supposed to do an alignment but obviously didn't. I was at a TA when someone took the time after explaining my issue again and went yeah this is ****ed up and we need to do more but the company said we can't. Failure to obey a road sign is what got fired right after I was arguing with the load dispatcher aka leader over wanting to do a lease purchase because I wasn't fueling up were they said too since the gauge was broke and they didn't fix it the first 10 times I had it in the shop. As far as asking for a new truck I did, and they said no, as far as getting it completely road worthy, they kept refusing repairs, and as far as me being the ******* for driving illegal, **** you, they didn't do their job, I was doing mine and I needed to make a few bucks to pay my bills and eat so stop trying to blame the driver when in reality it would have fell on the carrier after I had it in the shop that many times with the company refusing to fix suspension and steering components after their mechanics certified it as good.

I have to call some BS on this, my dad is a shop supervisor for a large truck dealership in the Chicago area. He sees Schinder trucks all the time, there is no way they would make you run a truck that isn't legal.

He does see a lot of drivers who complain about their equipment not being safe when it is in fact 100% legal and safe.

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

I've worked with several companies in the US looking, as well as driven trucks all over the world in the military and for other companies as well as a mechanical and engineering background with diesel trucks. Schneider regardless of saying they want drivers and want to keep drivers in seats is literally one step away from throwing robots in their seats with how much they micromanage drivers and their tactic of everyone else is always right drivers are obviously dumb with no experience when they disagree with the mega carrier ideas. The only logical next step in their mega carrier system is to remove drivers. I bet if every state was like New Jersey and people had to pump the gas for them they would have already started and blamed it on driver turn over numbers.

Maybe reconsider your priorities/objectives?

So, when is it the driver? I have seen tons and tons of negative comments and reviews of all sorts of companies from mega carriers to smaller companies and the complaints always seem centered around pay, home time, and miles (or lack thereof). I came to this site originally complaining about an issue I had with a company, so I do understand the feeling of being done wrong.

If companies are in business to make money and drivers hauling freight is how they make money, why would a company sabotage itself by not keeping drivers running? This makes 0 sense to me. I understand that some companies are better organized and better operated than others, but what you and the OP are describing is like some kind of Machiavellian sinister plan to refuse to keep trucks running so drivers are moving. When is it the driver's fault for not being as efficient as possible, for not communicating well, or any other issues that human workers bring to a company? The complaints never mention what the driver did wrong or could have done better.

Truthfully, this site is about new drivers and people thinking about becoming drivers getting information to learn what the industry is about. Personally, I am not interested in reading about how you think a company is garbage because it didn't work for you. I would be interested in reading what you have to share regarding your experience in driving, outside of complaining about a company.

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

Maybe reconsider your priorities/objectives?

They couldn't fix it in 6 months?? Why didn't you ask for another truck? 6 months is a long time to wait on a truck repair.

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

Maybe reconsider your priorities/objectives?

Posted:  6 months ago

My Awful experience with Schneider National as rookie.

I've had some issues with Schneider myself, they micro manage their drivers on every side angle thing playing the military cover their ass game mixed with a slight mind control aspect of their company if you take a good look at the verbage and wording with quite a few things. They don't micro manage anyone else in the chain and it always seems when a driver has a legitimate complaint there's 5 guys like you people defending them. Sorry guys but I agree with him, had a truck broken nonstop for the 6 months I worked there, my family has worked there almost since the company started, it has changed considerably.

Posted:  6 months ago

Mack MR688 or terrapro cabover?

I also had worked on doing a commercial class bus conversion to an RV and it was ridiculous. I wasn't sure if I would need an enhanced inspection or the requirements for dropping the garbage box, adding a 5th wheel and a sleeper. So it seems more trouble than it's worth at this point.

Posted:  6 months ago

Mack MR688 or terrapro cabover?

I have seen those as yard trucks, I was wondering about a sleeper version. I was thinking the same thing, had a few different ideas for seals or even hydraulic cab lifts with cut out panels in the floor for fluid checks. Moving the exhaust stack and heat insulating it against the cab, etc. My other option is the granite which I think I'm going to do because it's significantly less modification. I'll just make it old fashioned with a new grill like the old 1940's Macks, bubbling it out and rounding off the wheel areas, adjusting the lights to match the old style. It's going to be cheaper, they make them in 6x6, and I won't have to work about a major project just for a short wheel based truck with some added traction when needed.

Posted:  6 months ago

Mack MR688 or terrapro cabover?

This may sound like a really dumb question but I would like to know if anyone has ever seen a mack big window turned semi. I run regional with a lot of city driving and it gets rough getting around some of these places in an on high truck. So my plan was to get a used Mack MR688 throw a 48" or so midroof on it and add a 5th wheel. I do also want it 6x6 for winter driving and for FEMA response jobs eventually Any thoughts on whether it's illegal or just not feasible?