Comments By Klutch

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0000383001688618011-109946.jpg avatar
  • Klutch
  • Comments:

Previous Page Next Page

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

I've (almost) got it all, what now?

I used a sponsored training program to get my CDL and one year of experience as well. I had a similar mindset. I didn’t think I would care for the OVR lifestyle but I knew I could do it for a year, more as an investment in my future. After my year I moved on to a local job with much higher pay and all sorts of home time and PTO. Just focus on the task at hand and when things get tough just remember your end goal and that it will all be worth it. Good luck!

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Med Card dilemmas

I would do whatever they need you to do, whether it’s a pain or not. Very good company and normally requires a minimum of one year of experience.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Forced to use a PTO day for weather

The New Penn terminal I worked at did things that way. If a driver had an unexcused absence and they still had PTO they were forced to use it… and that was a teamster loc.

Yeah none of it makes sense, a lot of drivers are obviously upset. We will see what happens, I want to get a few more drivers involved before going up the chain of command. There was no warning, in fact it sounds like I was the only driver they told so far.

I am not sure how FMCSA will feel about trying to make drivers work or forcing them to use vacation.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Local CDL Trucking Job 5 PM to 7 AM..

Shuttle drivers transport loaded/empty trailers between the depots and the warehouse. We run doubles, singles, 36s and straight trucks. Whatever they need moved.

Linehaul drivers typically run loads/empties between terminals or meet locations.

Shuttle jobs is where you go from one location to another unloading goods, like at retail stores/restaurants etc..?

Linehaul would be working in the yard, getting trucks ready for next day..?

Looking for something in the Triad/Greensboro/Winston-Salem area, but I can also make the Charlotte/Metrolina area work as well.

Most shuttle and linehaul jobs have similar hours. Where in NC? My company (PFG) is hiring shuttle drivers out of Knightdale and Asheville but usually require a minimum of a years experience.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Local CDL Trucking Job 5 PM to 7 AM..

Hi Everyone..

I'm a new driver in North Carolina.. CDL-A.. and I'm looking for a local CDL trucking job where I can drive between the hours of 5 PM in the evening to 7 AM in the morning.. Any ideas where I should start looking.. Thanks..

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Questions About Getting Into the Transportation Industry - Prior charges

It’s not what you were charged with, it’s what you were convicted of that matters.

Posted:  5 months, 4 weeks ago

Finding A job after trying with Schneider then being fired for breaking company policy.

They do have a no cell phone policy as they consider even hands free distracted driving but they would not call you until you answered and then say “we got you now”. That’s ridiculous. My DTL would hang up on drivers if they called in while showing in drive but that was the extent of that.

I would assume if Safety was trying to reach you there was already an incident to discuss as they do not normally reach out direct unless it’s serious, everything typically goes through your DTL.

But you already know all of this. What was the real reason you were fired?

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

How was your 2023?

2023 was my second year driving and it was with a new company. I drive doubles, singles, 36s and straight trucks for the shuttle team. I am happy to say I hit six figures this year but that does include bonus pay. Worked Sunday-Thursday, with every Friday and Saturday off… 45-50 hours a week. As a new employee I got 4 personal days, two weeks vacation and a bunch of sick time that I didn’t use. Pretty happy with my second year driving and with this company.

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Need Advice

I got my CDL through Schneider. When I left I discussed it with my DBL and we worked everything out. They worked me back to the Carlise terminal, asked me to cover a local account over the weekend and then helped organize my transportation home (on my dime but with their discount). It was less than two weeks but the important thing is leaving in good terms.

Posted:  8 months ago

Trucking employment is contracting the fastest on record this century

PFG is going strong, still busy and growing. We are always hiring, recently added a few more shuttle drivers as well.

Previous Page Next Page