Profile For Chris W.

Chris W.'s Info

TN

Experienced Driver

5 months, 3 weeks ago

Chris W.'s Bio

Hi I am Chris I became a trucker at 18 didn't know what I was doing in life, did okay in school but wasn't very interested in continuing education. I knew I needed a job and I had the personality of a trucker. I loved the road and the idea of traveling for a living. So I got a scholarship that got me through my class a CDL. I then fortunately started with a private company that only had one truck. A Mack Pinnacle got about 8 months experience in the truck before left for a bigger company. UPS took me in and allowed me to have a sleeper. I got a Mack anthem truck to call my home and started driving for UPS. In trucking you ether love it or hate it since then I have loved it.

Chris W.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

NEW TRUCK

I made it to Seattle with a single pup and now got a set but when I got there and dropped the trailer off I got word from a fleet manager that if I prefer I could switch to one of there Mack pinnacle but it's a day cab. Well I am going to let you guess what I decided to do........ Stay with the Freightliner Cascadia sleeper or switch to Mack pinnacle daycab...... Title is the hint

Posted:  2 months ago

Update

It's been a bit since I posted because I was waiting to update that I got my endorsement then after I did I wanted to wait until I got my first trip. I got my endorsement a few days ago. This isn't really carrying doubles yet tho. After getting the endorsement my first load was a 53ft and now I got 1 pup. 1 28ft trailer. Haven't ever carried such a small trailer. Heading to Seattle. Overnighting now but leaving in the afternoon so time for bed. Good night everyone

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Doubles

I accepted the offer of getting doubles endorsement.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Red classic

thanks!

Well, Chris I really don't talk to my bro, a very LONG time,lol My buddy, of 56 years, his brother pulls UPS doubles too, he likes it the last 20+ years, same as mine..... Both started on package deliveries. My bro waited for the commercial route 4 years, and ran that 15 years out of the Cerrito's, Cal. terminal

Buddies bro went in on Saturdays, to practice hours, upon hours, to figure out how to hook a set, with the lead trailer attached to his truck. Say's he can do it in like 10 minutes backing the lead trailer into the dolly already hooked to the 2nd trailer. He usually takes loaded 1's to Vegas, and empties back to Ontario, Ca. yard.

yikes, gotta go a big arse thunder n lightning storm here in the mountians of Philippines lol love it!

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Doubles

I have done doubles for almost 5 years now, they are ok. If I didn't have to hook another set in the winter I certainly wouldnt lose any sleep.

Just have to be careful with you lane changing as a sudden jerk on the wheel is magnified on the rear trailer and can put it on its side.

They bend in the middle so you can make tighter turns easier. However because they bend in the middle you can't really back up so you have to make sure you can always for forward.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Doubles

UPS offered to pay for my doubles endorsement because they want me carrying doubles. Does anyone on here carry doubles? If so do you like it? How much different is it then 53ft trailers? Does anyone know if it is a good idea to get the free training and carry doubles?

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Red classic

do you know if your brother likes carrying doubles? UPS just offered to get me a doubles endorsement for free because they need more doubles being carried. I need to know if it's a good idea. So do you know if he likes it? Also has he carried 53ft trailers and which he prefer?

First off, WHY, leave UPS over a damn truck model?, My brother has driven for UPS 40 years, 20+ in semi's pullin doubles. He got my buddies brother in at UPS, 2 years after joining, and he's been there 38 years. Same thing, pullin' doubles back n forth from Vegas. I KNOW how much they make(Well over $100k a year and a helluva pension later) After 2 years with them nowadays, ANY new driver is making the same pay. BIG MONEY lol I dunno if you're just contracted to them or driving as an employee ??

Like mentioned, a "truck is a truck, earning a buck" who cares what the emblem says on the nose lol

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Drivers like this make us all look bad.

Welp........ Glad I wasn't behind him

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

The stupidity of some drivers

Ok so I was driving tonight (done for the night now) and it was a 2 lane on the interstate and this stupid motorcyclist was trying to go between me and another semi!!!!!! I moved into the shoulder a bit and slowed down let him pass. First thought was I am going to accidentally kill a motorcyclist but damn second thought this guy is so stupid! What was your most "how stupid can they get" moment?

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Red classic

I would love to buy a anthem but I got enough in savings to completely purchase a anthem but the only real issue is If I bought the anthem I wouldn't have enough to operate it. I am not sure if I could but it would be cool if I could buy the anthem and have UPS insure it and pay for work expenses but I don't think they would lol

You know there would be no guarantee that this new company would even put you in or keep you in an Anthem. If it’s that big of deal for you, wouldn’t buying/leasing be your only real option?

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Red classic

Ok thanks for input. I am going to wait a year and then decide.

Rob T: I agree thinking about this being ridiculous is fair. I don't mean to trash UPS because there's nothing wrong with them other than being a mega carrier. I thought I could go to classic red and tell them I have a preference since they are partnered with Mack.

BK: thanks for the advice I am going to change all my alarm titles to a reminder to think about what Anne said.

Anne: thanks for your advice I really appreciate it!!!

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Red classic

the Mack was probably the only reason I stayed with UPS. UPS doesn't treat there drivers as people. You could be tired and it be like 1 am and they say to drive for another 2hrs and you can be done for the night. UPS is a mega carrier and just like the stereotype they don't treat you like a human. I enjoy the anthem and love a lot about it. Now I got a truck that I don't love like the anthem and got the normal mega carrier experience. The money is the only reason to consider staying to be honest but I still don't think it's worth it. UPS isn't awful it's just a normal mega carrier and I don't think I could enjoy driving for UPS without my anthem back.

Ok I am considering a new job. Nothing is official but I pulled into a truck stop a saw 4 red classic trucks 3 of them were Mack anthems! I already got told that I won't get my anthem back at UPS my new truck the Freightliner is a permanent truck. And I honestly prefer my anthem. Even when I was driving the anthem with UPS I never seen anyone else driving a anthem for UPS. UPS doesn't have a lot of anthems and I really want back into a anthem. So my question is do you guys/gals think it would be worth switching jobs over a truck? I honestly loves Mack so much that I really am considering it. Do anyone know anything about red classic?

If you are changing jobs to keep a MACK ... instead of a solid company & income.... you might want to rethink things!

~ Anne ~

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Red classic

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Volvo VNL 760 or Freightliner Cascadia

Haven't drove a Volvo but I like the Cascadias so I would probably prefer the Cascadia. The one I am driving has 350,584 miles and runs like a charm.

Posted:  3 months ago

Fired from walmart...

guys! Relax this is a forum known for being really friendly. Why the h*ll are people talking about fighting over a post. Maybe there's something personal I am not aware about but can someone enlightened me on what's so important that it's worth fighting about?

I'll say that to your face in any city of the country...I ain't scared of a man who hides behind that much beard...

Oh yes..one more thing..I think it's time you got another transplant..because you, sir, are heartless!!!!!!

First of all..I just found out about this today...I am concerned that drivers are being thrown into situations and not given proper training because they aren't technically company drivers...please stop being a jerk...not everyone is a perfect driver like yourself...

Why the attack rat...what the heck...

Yeah.

Your previous post from more than a year prior was, "Overweight and Punished". Now Walmart is The Bad Guy?

One question for you: how much responsibility do you put on yourself as the driver?

Posted:  3 months ago

New anthem issues

Freightliner Cascadia

Back on the road not in a anthem.

0892938001656733848.jpg

What are you driving? I love the anthem but it seems as clean as they look they are like a dodge neon lol. All plastic and minimalist but still get the job done haha

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

New anthem issues

Back on the road not in a anthem.

0892938001656733848.jpg

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

New anthem issues

lol 🤣🤣🤣

No mechanical problems with my mack so far at 55k kms other than being a magnet for idiot 4 wheelers lol 😂

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

New anthem issues

As some may know I had a Mack anthem that had some weird engine issues. Then got a new anthem and everything was going great. Unfortunately the new anthem is already having issues. The air pressures have been running lower and isn't going up. The wheels locked up and it just got towed this morning. Not sure what's going to happen. Just know I got some PTO and will not be starting my July 4 run. We do have another trucker on the forum that drives a anthem. @Richard does your anthem have any issues? Have you needed a new anthem before?

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Hi all!

Welcome Richard!!! I also drive the Mack anthem! Mine is a sleeper. We are the only anthems on this forum! Feel free to post photos of your rig! And again welcome to the forum! :)

Hi I’m a long time lurker first time poster so I figured it’s time to introduce myself. I’m Richard. I’m 34 and been hauling 53’ and containers for almost a year now in Toronto Canada. I started out doing LTL locally for a small company with about 20~ trucks. I drive a Mack anthem 2020. It’s a nice little truck (daycab). So far it’s been a good job ie no accidents lol. Not every day is easy (damn Mercedes!!!) but I’m busting my a$$ of doing my best! So I just thought I’d introduce myself and say hi all. There’s a lot of good wisdom on here and hope i can add a little bit of what I’ve learned so far too. Keep on trucking 👍🚛💨💨💨