Profile For Ahbleza

Ahbleza's Info

Lorain, OH

Rookie Solo Driver

5 years, 8 months ago

Ahbleza's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Game: Name those highways

But no one has yet to say how I got to Rome.

And I didn't go anywhere near Atlanta, if that helps.

Errol, you might have to claim that steak...

I'm only gonna guess this part..... You too i-20/59 up and continued on i-59...then took us278 to us411 into Rome.

That'd be more than likely the route i would have taken at a quick glance.

What are your favorite gadgets on the road?

My cooler and cell phone...those i could not live without. I have a tv and an adaptor so i can broadcast my phone onto my tv....recently i decided to bite the bullet and get the satellite setup prime was offering, though i tends to use it less than i had originally thought.

I also have one of those small lunchbox ovens you can put the tin in that i cook soup and leftovers in. I've thought about a small coffee pot but I'm a bit lazy I'll just take my thermos in and fill it when i hit the head before starting my day.

Any feedback on the Rand McNally TND tablet GPS?

To be totally honest get the 730, they have a deal at TA whereyou can get it bundled with a dash cam for the same price as the 730 by itself.

I have the smaller tablet now and i almost never take it off the gps screen. It has a few cool features but most of them require internet to use, so unless you plan on tethering on your phone or having a hotspot, they really aren't useable.

Save your hard earned money and just get the gps.

Again this is just my opinion, your millage may vary.

Did a practice and this made no sense...

3. Three things factor into how quickly you can come to a full stop; those are: a) Perception distance, response distance, reaction distance. b) Perception distance, reaction distance, braking distance. c) Observation distance, reaction distance, slowing distance. d) Road conditions, speed, perception distance. Incorrect.

I choose D as if the roads are slick and you're going faster or slower that can dramatically change your ability to stop... they said it was B? Whats your knowledge/opinion on the subject?

While i agree weather conditions and speed have a role to play, you should be adjusting speed accordingly for the weather. Thus the question of what relates to stopping distance becomes:how fast you recognize a problem, how fast can you react to the problem, and how fast the truck can stop....perception, reaction, braking distance.

That's how I see this question anyways.

Are there jobs my wife can do in the cab while I drive?

Unfortunately any at home telemarketing /customer service jobs require a land line phone or high speed Internet (hotspots don't count). I would say you have some great options given including contract work,or doing something crafty and selling on ebay or truck stops.

Only idea i have is that if she is good at language, and can identify and correct grammatical errors(notice i have horrible grammar) , is an editor or proofreader. I have an acquaintance that does this. Look around online there are numerous possibilities out there.

Oops...

Well I started with Prime back in June as part of the PSD, finished, went through TNT, upgraded and teamed with my trainer for a while. I even took his truck out for 2 weeks on my own so he could take care of things at home and not have to worry about his lease payment. I went and got my own truck last month and everything has been good... a little more sitting than I like, but thems the breaks.

All this time without a single Incident/Accident...Then yesterday while at a Streakin' Beacon I was in a lane when the attendant asked me to back up and move to the other lane so I could get through quicker. I was like sure, no problem. Well..Long story short I lost track of the blind side and knocked over a little yellow pole and ripped my mudflap off the right rear of my truck. I was looking forward to joining those that said 1 year accident free. But I'll have to settle with almost a year accident free.

The only redeeming thing about this is that it can be reviewed in a year and may be changed from Accident to Incident...Not that it changes anything in my eyes, I goofed. But, I learned, and that is what is important.

Prime Inc Preliminary Driving Skills Evaluation

And there you have it, I was totally wrong.

Thanks Daniel and OSD

Prime Inc Preliminary Driving Skills Evaluation

Don't quote me but from what I understand it's a basic road test and I do believe backing. Basically a CDL Exam without the pretrip part. But again this is based on what I've heard, NOT, on personal experience.

An in-depth look inside my LW truck (a must see!)

Imma bump this because I still feel it's a valid post for those coming to Prime. Also when I get some time and it's daylight out I'll try and duplicate Daniels pictures and post with the inside of an International LW.

Howdy Again...,

And I'll say it first........Missouri already labeled the truck. It's like having a specialty plate..... POS......Heck when I first saw it I was bored and came up with this line...

"OH!!! Ate A Piece of S***!"........I even filed it under things a common house fly might say.

Howdy Again...,

Well, it's been a number of months since I've made the trip to this here forum, and I do apologize. I must admit that I've been rather busy getting through what I felt was needed to accomplish my goals.

And now here I am, that chubby fellow in the profile pic standing next to his shiny new rig. I joined Prime back in June through the PSD program, got my license in July and was all ready to get my own truck by September I think. Doesn't matter though, My trainer and I hit it off like old friends and I decided I could benefit from his years of experience throughout the winter. I asked and he agreed , I would team with him through the winter and into the spring. I liked it a lot, and he was indeed a great guy, we got along famously...So why didn't I stay on with him...The call of the open road? his feet smelled? My feet smelled? ... To be honest I felt like I needed to venture out on my own, I kind of missed my solitary life. Also, I must say I envied the challenge of succeeding on my own. As a team we never failed, we, in short, rocked it. I don't regret that decision in the slightest. Now it's my time, to prove it to myself I made the right decision. This first week has been rough it is getting easier though.

Overall I would just like to say thank you to all of you that answered my questions, made me laugh, and taught me what it is to be what I am today, A Bonafide Product Relocation Engineer, aka Truck Driver

Yay me!

Figured I'd post this... Hello to all those Prime people's, as of yesterday I can now say I am one of you. Now on to T'n'T. First load out of Springfield tonight.

Help please..

First, you're not allowed on the sim till you have a permit in hand. Second, you can't "fail" The Sim. At least while on the PSD side. The Sims are there mainly to give you the basic intro into double - clutching and general knowledge of how a truck reacts with a trailer hitched.

Heck, I ran over a family of 10 and took out a mini van during my Sim session. And here I sit on the road with my PSD instructor.

Although someone did get a bit of a but chewing when they ignored signs and went around construction into a ditch and started giggling like it was a game.

Either way I wish him the best hope he passed.

Prime inc

They Say between 2:30 and 4 on Friday or something like that... I know people who were able to use it Friday night but I didn't touch mine till mid week after that.

Waiting game

A couple, but most of us are from last weeks class. I will say this. What ended up getting me an instructor is my perseverance, my drive to continue to be out there on the pad even when it felt like it was pointless. He saw me on the pad while working with his last student, How I was always out there working on the Pre-Trip and watching the backing tests.

Waiting game

Well.........That's that, I'm Done!!!

Waiting that is. Finally hooked up with an awesome Instructor today..got out practiced shifting, then, hit up a backing range at Prime East and completed the Straight Line, Offset to both sides, and a Parallel to the drivers side. He also gave me a brief intro on the Alley Dock. Only reason that I didn't do the Passenger Parallel or the Alley was a combination of 2 things. It was Hot as hell and it drained us....and the Alley wasn't scaled right apparently. But as it stands if all goes as planned we'll be hitting the road tomorrow.

Question about physical requirements

Physical I just took here @ Prime was a mail box of about 50lbs that I lifted to waist high. I was rather surprised that was all I had to do.

Day 1 prime

Well, WELCOME TO PRIME...though I admit I can't say all that much. After all I'm just a PSD looking for a trainer, But welcome anywho...

Waiting game

Well, just an update. Here at prime looking for an instructor. Seems like this is a lot of right place right time. And I am not a lucky person, used that all up when I won the lottery. So here I sit. Best thing about it is in getting loads of practice time on practicing my pre-trip.

Made it to Prime

I just went to Prime Inc, Paid Apprenticeship Training and applied.

As far as if paying for it...You sign a contract, and as long as you stay for an Entire year, you pay nothing. In any case that link will give you all the details and information.

The only thing it doesn't mention is that I agree with everyone here...It may cost you a bit more but get a DOT Physical and your permit w/ tanker endorsement before you get here. It saved me so much time, trouble, and stress.