Profile For Cheryl C.

Cheryl C.'s Info

Brunswick, GA

Rookie Solo Driver

5 years, 5 months ago

Cheryl C.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Swift rider program

My recruiter told me that it will be $35 a month for my husband to ride.

Are you really sure that this is what you want?

Cheryl unfortunately I don't work for Swift. Im still with WEL. 2 years and counting now.

IF we end up at Wel, I will def. look for you!!

A month of trucking with Daniel B.

Don't stop this thread!!!! I enjoy reading your journey. I will follow David's journey once he put his up here as well. You have a lot of good information! I look forward to seeing what my experience may be and you're giving us newbies a good idea of it. Thank you! Me and my husband will be starting with Swift Jan 5th! Wish us Luck!

You headed to Millington, TN? I should be there, too. Trying to return a call to the recruiter but the phones are down in Dallas!

Hi David We are going to the school in Georgia to get the permit then to Salt Lake City....I've been keeping up with you and your son as well!!

A month of trucking with Daniel B.

Road week with Swift!

Dont't Give up!!!good-luck.gif

Health and trucking

Cheryl, I'll send you a PM, I don;t wanna thread jack this thread...

OK thank you! Sorry Francisco

Swift Conyers, Ga-Question

Have anyone here attend the training in Conyers, Ga? or have any info on it. I spoke to the recruiter and he stated that it was new location. I would have to spend the week there to study/receive my permit then go to Salt Lake City for 2 wks. That is one option he gave me. The other option is to get my permit before I leave and spend 3 weeks in Salt Lake City. Thanks in advance for any info!

My trucking adventure!

Hello thanks for viewing my thread, this is my adventure, and I will update it as often as I can, I hope I can give clarity to other's here who are looking to get a start into trucking from knowing nothing, to everything.

About myself. I'm young, 22 years old, I have no trucking experience with Semi/Tractor Trailer driving.

I've done alot of retail and Fast food work, and I finally said to hell with that, I want something different, something less degrading.

I've never been out of my current state, and I am so nervous to go to Utah, where I will be attending a school for CR England co. I take off in 2 days from now, (Leave is Saturday, December 6th). I am excited and nervous all at the same time, and that's just a headache but a good one.

~Thanks for viewing this thread, and look forward to updates, and pictures of my adventure into the wide open road!

Goodluck and stay focused! I will be chiming in. good-luck.gif

Health and trucking

Hey David I just read your bio and I saw that you started with Swift. Do you have any advice/suggestions or things to watch out for?

Health and trucking

Thank you David! Is there any way that I could use those items without an inverter? The trucking school that I plan on going with does not allow inverters to be installed (bummer!) and me and my Husband really need to find ways to cook because we are not going to be eating at the fast food places. Thank you again for the info!

The road master brand has many 12v options like a crock pot, skillet, hot pot, etc. you can check out products on Amazon or Google the 12 volt store to avoid seeing non 12 volt products. I hope that helps. :)

Thank you Larry! I have looked at some of those 12volt items but not on Amazon...I was trying to see if there was another option to be able to use my nutribullet and nuwave besides having a inverter..

Unfortunately without an inverter with at least 900W you cant run the nutri-bullet, NOW there is another option, may sound foolish but you can always pack what you wanna juice and when you goto shower, just plug it in there, most showers have a power outlet...thats bought the only option.

The RoadPro products will atleast let you cook and have hot water.

What company are you going with?

YES! That is a good idea!thank-you.gif Not foolish at all causeI really want to be able to take that! I can use the 12volt items for cooking but the bullet is a must! Me and my Husband have been speaking with the Swift recruiter and plan on going Jan 5th.

Health and trucking

Health and trucking

I have one on my truck, its the 900Watt. I thought of the Ninja as it does the same thing, but Wally World was out of them so I went with this. Works for me, I get my veggies and fruit without eating plus the nutrients. Perfect. There is a video out call "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" its a documentary of a guy who just juiced away 200+ lbs. the only difference is a juicer extracts juice and leaves you without the pulp, nutri-bullet keeps the pulp and you get everything with it. I enjoy my bullet, downside is when I run out of ingredients... I do one for lunch every day. My 30min break I'll set it up, make two servings and tuck the 2nd in my fridge for later. At night if Im to tired to cook i'll pull the second out and still get the satisfaction of eating.

Do you need an inverter to use the Nutribullet and the Nuwave?

Yes I have an 1800Watt inverter installed. All Gordon trucks have them along with APU (Aux power Unit) for climate control and to keep batts charged when using anything electrical.

I can run a 5 cup coffee pot (150Watt), small George Forman (400Watt), 4qt crock pot (500Watt), tv (120watt), xbox (150Watt), laptop (250Watt), Nutri-Bullet (900 Watt), Hot plate (900Watt)

I don't run them all at the same time, I use what I need and then i put it away. I can run my TV, Laptop, and Hot plate or bullet at the same time. I generally keep TV, Coffee, and laptop plugged in at all times, and plug the others in when I need em.

Are you really sure that this is what you want?

Lol you laugh boots but my last trainee dropped me off at the nail salon TWICE! Id be more than happy to train any lady trucker that truly wants to learn!

I wish you were a trainer at Swift! That is where I am looking to complete my schooling at. Me and my Husband are going to team drive, Lord willing. I enjoy reading your post. I am a tomboy but I'm girly too!

Health and trucking

Do you need an inverter to use the Nutribullet and the Nuwave?

Swift Driving School Day 3 Dallas December 3, 2014 In Room and Sick.

Hope you feel better Pepper! and I am tuned in on your journey. Looking forward to your next post. Lord willing me and my Husband will be starting Swift Jan. 5th in Salt Lake City.

Will this mess my up my chances to start a trucking career?

Thank You Scott O. and Old School for you guys advice! I'm not as worried now. I will just be truthful and pray for the best. If it is meant for me and my husband then it will happen. I am so thankful for this site! I found this site within my research since April this year and it has been very helpful.

Will this mess my up my chances to start a trucking career?

You should be OK its been over ten years and most companies only go back ten years at most..... Try to contact as many training schools as you can if one don't work out you have plenty more options

Thank you so much for the response..I really want this and I don't want anything to hender me.

Will this mess my up my chances to start a trucking career?

In 2002 I got out of the military (my choice) after a positive drug test for marijuana. They asked if I wanted to remain in but I was going through a lot and that was the reason for using. Stupid choice I know. My mother that passed 3yrs ago had found out that she had cancer at that time. Did I mess up my chances? I am looking to go with Swift, teaming with my husband on Jan 5th.

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall ?

I'm glad you said that someone helped you and that you will do the same. It seems like the stuff I've been reading or looking at you tube, that they just talk about you on the cb if you're having a hard time backing in. I know me myself If I hear someone talking junk about me then I will be talking junk back! but then again I will be at work and I have to be professional at all times but I know that will get to me if I'm trying to back in and someone is making fun of me instead of helping me.

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall ?

I'm not sure there's a right or wrong answer for this. I can see both sides of it. Having a trainer with you during the winter would help you get some good advice about handling the weather and slick roads. But at the same time training is really stressful as it is and doing it during the winter is going to make it that much more stressful.

So I think it's really just a matter of personal preference. It will work out fine either way.

Sorry I misspelled your name Brett...Your website is the bomb! Thank you for creating this!!!