Profile For Wendy W.

Wendy W.'s Info

CO

Preparing For School

6 years, 2 months ago

Wendy W.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Top sleeper

Smiles Winerasrer and Scott... So, here's what I have concluded. After interacting with everyone and getting a highly valuable an much needed perspective, I have decided that as much as would love the road, I am much too social. I can see me in my mini skirts, heels and wondering where to get my nails filled at. I'm not sure my personality is conducive to you alls life style.

But hey, thanks for all your genuine comments and insights.

Peace out all!

Top sleeper

Well dang; that doesn't sound like too much fun .

So, how do you all amuse yourselves when your driving? I'm not trying to be a smart ass.... I just like to have fun with whatever I'm doing :)

Top sleeper

LOL!! You would be correct there. My college professor couldn't wait for me to leave his class. Thanks for the remedial concept.rofl-3.gif

Top sleeper

Just curious.... why do companies have a " no sleeping in the top bunk while driving" policy?

Happy Mothers Day!

All you Momma's out there….. Happy Mothers Day! Enjoy your special day

Wendy

Swift or Prime for CDL Training

I am in the same spot you are… trying to decide who to go with.. From the research I have conducted, I'm pretty confident Im going with Prime…. I got the impression Swift was great for more experienced students…. And, Prime appears to pay better.

I know its hard to do the pro/con list, they both seem to be good companies….

Good Luck, Wendy

Panic button...

Wow! What a great way to start my day….. Now I know NOT to push the red button!

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

The more I read, the more I want to do this..... :-)

shocked.png \

what a great reception.... I wish I could but Im not going anywhere until Nov when my current contract is up... Maybe Ill see ya on the road!

Wendy

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

The more I read, the more I want to do this..... :-)

Jopa, Can I come too....?! I hate to be left out of a good party

Old School reply....

Hi Old School,

Thank you for the kind input regarding obliging myself to any specific truck school or company.I really liked reading your perspective.

I understand what you are saying and for the most part I agree with you. The reason I stated I didnt want to be obligated to anyone was specifically for schooling.... I really want the freedom to know that if something does happen, that I am able to leave a company, whether I have been with them a short time or not and know that I have no outstanding obligations to that company.

Regarding jumping around to companies.... I have only had 4 jobs in my lifetime. I like to stay where I can get comfortable and know everyone. Paramount would be to get in with a company and retire from there.

This is partly why I keep coming back to this site. I relish everyones input and perspective.... all this communication and information will only make me a better driver, team player and satisfied employee... ( until I get my own truck ) :-)

Thanks Wendythank-you-2.gif

Just a couple of questions

Awesome Kevin! I hear rally good things about Prime. Good Luck to you... Maybe I'll see you out there.

If I choose Prime hopefully Daniel will put a good word in for me with the " Pinkle " LOL.... Luv ya Daniel

Just a couple of questions

Kevin, There is so much to know before we get into school. What I have decided for sure is .... 1) I am going to a private truck school. I do not want to be Obligated to anyone. 2) I pretty much have decided its either Prime or Knight 3). LOL well, there isn't a third knowledge yet. I have to pick the brains of these fine folks here. Right Jopa?

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Real numbers for the first 5 months.....

Scott/Guy:

Could you please explain what you mean by " per diem" and " write off"?

Thanks Wendy

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

OMG! Im sooo overwhelmed!

LOL Jopa.. Dude you slay me!

I read your bio as well as posts. I feel you may be in the wrong field here. Are you sure Truck driving is your calling?

I kinda feel like Psychology may be your forte. It's hard to tell on here is someone is joking or very serious ( Daniel, are you reading this?) But I am quite sure all of guys on here make it super comfortable and easy to ask my questions!

Wendy

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

OMG! Im sooo overwhelmed!

It is Daniel.... Very nice to live here. The jury is still out in the small town mentality. I'm used to the big city life of San Diego.

I think I have seen you in the Pinkle truck going to Denver!

Happy trucking! Wendy

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

OMG! Im sooo overwhelmed!

Good thoughts…. I want ant company to view me as excited, dependable and diligent. I will keep plugging along thank-you.gifthank-you.gif

Thanks Wendy

Just a couple of questions

Hi there Kevin…. You are in close proximity to me….. I haven't seen anyone on here from Co. I am very new here as well. I have gotten a multitude of information in my short time here.

Good Luck to you and your ventures

Wendy

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Real numbers for the first 5 months.....

Guy…

What is reimbursements and deductions?

Thanks! Wendy

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

OMG! Im sooo overwhelmed!

Hey thanks everyone…. I really appreciate ALL of your input. I have one more off the cuff question.

If I go to school now, can I put off looking/getting a job until the end of Nov? Like Brett, I have to be number 1 in everything I do. Will having that much lag time hinder me?

Thanks again! Wendy

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

OMG! Im sooo overwhelmed!

Thanks Daniel!

I wasnt trying to complain... just looking for the efficient way to go about this new venture. Good thing Im not planning on entering training until the end of Nov.