Comments By no chin

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/p417x417/1795749_541059926008844_318249793_n.jpg avatar
  • no chin
  • Comments:

Anne ferro has announced her resignation!!!

anne ferro the head of the FMCSA has announced her resignation as head of the FMCSA and will be the president and CEO of the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators. Anne Ferro will not actually be stepping down until the end of august. http://cdllife.com/2014/featured/breaking-fmcsa-chief-anne-ferro-steps/ http://www.overdriveonline.com/anne-ferro-out-as-fmcsa-administrator/

Questions about prime leasing

Ok this is for terry. I only have one thing to say on this particular subject. Both sides of this argument have valid points. But i would strongly advise NOT to go into a lease in your first year of trucking. give it a year or two. I my self am drawn tward having my own truck but i would not do Prime's lease. Not only that but im looking at doing it after i get a few years under my belt on the company side before i do anything with leasing or buying. There is so much learning involved and possible stress that u may not feel now but may have in a few months on your own and if your in a lease or financing a truck then your screwed and cant get out without going through a lot of BS. Also one more thing you asked for feedback and then got mad or just didnt want to hear what everyone said that wasnt of your opinion and now there is a long argument on here about it. Next time someone says somthing on here you dont agree with either one really listen to what they are trying to tell you or just say thanks, shut up and go on your way.

TMC or Maverick?

I'm interested on going to TMC also! But I'm concerned about there orientation. I read on Old Schools orientation diary that he had to climb up the side of the trailer. Im only 5`6, I would need a running start to climb the side. Haha!

im 5'7" and even as a kid i never had a prob getting into my grandfather's reefer. a flat bed is not going to be a problem trust me. plus in flatbedding you will have to do it every time you tarp and almost every time you chain or strap.

TMC or Maverick?

Are there any members on here that drive for TMC or Maverick? If so please tell me all u can about the company you work for from an insiders perspective. I am beyond interested in both companies. Both also recruit out of the school i'll be doing in September. Thank you.

i was just approved for tmc and will be going with them now as i was afraid i wouldnt get approved by them because of where i live. check out this website. the guy has what he makes there however he is above the starting rate and you would be elligable for the rate above the starting rate after one month based on your performance. http://www.ak49bwl.com/extras/tmc.php?do=index now i dont know much about maverick because i am way out of their hiring area and just never looked them up. what kind of specific questions do you have. i may be able to help as i have been researching companies since march

Melton or Werner?

Lol true was talking to a TMC recruiter today and he said im on the younger side of the applicants they get

Melton or Werner?

TMC and Maverick is who I am hardcore trying for. Mainly Maverick. I am super interested in them. I can c me spending my whole career with a place like Maverick

Dang you're looking really far into the future! Just like me!

You should hang around on TT more often. I'm surrounded by old people and need a young guy or two here so that I won't be too outnumbered.

lol hey what about me im 27 i dont think im old.... yet.

Melton or Werner?

I have never driven but from my research between werner and Melton as long as you want flat bed it's Melton hands down.

out of those two i would agree go with melton but TMC is also really good.

Roehl driver training from start to end.....

Really? I talked to a Recruiter there about 2 weeks ago and got a pre-hire letter from them. I was going to call her on Monday and possibly set up an Orientation date. Since I got a pre-hire, does that mean they changed their policy or do I need to re-confirm that I would be hired?

Thanks! Josh

i think it depends on what division because when i talked to them they wont hire in the Norfolk area for anything but dry van for right now.

Crete Carrier Corp.

Thank you for the update and the info on the military program. It would be awesome if you could get selected to drive one of these...

IMG_62821.jpg

YW. yeah i know that would be cool. the recruiter i talked too said they only have a few of those so i would think getting one would be seniority rather than just if its available.

Bill W

Anyone know what happened to Bill W and why he left the website?

Crete Carrier Corp.

GA_Rookie... do you know if Crete accepts ONLY the schools listed within their website, or are they open to accept other schools not listed within their website?

I wanted to shoot them an email to inquire but couldn't find an email anywhere on their site.

The issue is that I live way up here in Vermont, we have two CDL schools but neither are listed on their website, and financially, I can't go to any of the schools listed on their website, too far away and more expensive (although the two schools here are NOT cheep either, but it's "doable")

Thanks.

God bless and be safe.

OK i know this post is old but i figured i would just let anyone know who was interested as i just found out... crete normally only accepts drivers from their approved school list however after talking with a recruiter if you are former military with a honorable discharge you are not restricted to the CDL school list on their website and on top of that instead of starting out at the normal rate you start at 42 CPM and so long as you still have benifits left on your G.I. Bill Crete is a part of the Military Apprentiship program witch pays you BAH on top of your normal pay for one year then when the year is up you get a certification as a DOT professional driver or somthing like that. because of the higher starting pay im begining to look more at the van side of trucking than flat bed as with flatbed i really really want to go with TMC but unless they are hiring in Norfolk when i finish school at the end of september i will not be able to go with TMC. anyway just thought i would throw that little bit of info in there for any vets thinking of trucking and looking for a good company. BTW i know that TMC, Melton, and Crete/Shaffer are a part of the apprenticship program but not shur of any other companies that are.

4-Wheeler almost hits me

I would have played them the song of my people at the next light along with the brights

Pinkle

Lol i would have called it purple as well

Pinkle

How do people still remember this stupid truck!? shocked.png

hahaha i just remember all the pics and the jokes on what color it was.

Pinkle

hey Daniel B... I swear i saw ur old Pinkle truck at the truck stop here in Norfolk today.

How many hours of training are required?

From what ive seen talking to companies most require about 140 hours. the 48 hour is prob not a good idea as its prob geared tward the oilfield company that runs it and if u go that route and decide its not for you and want to go to another company with less than 6 mo or 1 year exp then you will be screwed and prob have to go to a regular school. i know the school i start on aug 4th at ATI is a 240 hour course. if money is not an object either by way of aid or some other scholorship then i would go with the most possible training you can get.

I'm in!!! Orientation with Melton Truck Lines in Tulsa, OK

Great read so far... cant wait to join you when i finish school there at melton.

Waiting

Lol yeah im about to start the highroad over again. i dont have a problem waiting its just waiting for weeks for things to happen that drive me up the wall lol... on a side note stopped by the local truck stop here in norfolk and talked with a melton trainer. we were joking that he would prob end up being my trainer as he lives not far from here and smokes witch is good for me.

Waiting

the waiting is gonna drive me nuts... so tomorrow is my last day in the navy and school dosnt start till aug 4th... the waiting around for school to start is gonna drive me up the wall because im not one to be idle. BTW going to go with ATI and then on to Melton. i will prob do a blog or somthing for both my training at ATI and Melton and am thinking about VLOGing once i go solo with Melton.

Just an update

Melton is a great company. I have been with them for almost a year now and have nothing, but good things to say about them. If you work hard (as we both did in the Navy), communicate and get the job done safely they will take care of you. It isn't all roses, but what job is. Knock on the door of 9118 if you see it at any of the terminals or elsewhere.

good-luck.gif

awsome ill do that. i see a melton truck at the truck stop here in norfolk almost every day or every other day so ill keep an eye out. every time i drive by and see one i want to talk to the driver but the curtains are pulled and i wouldnt knock so ill keep an eye out for ya. should be done with school by the end of sept and then on to orientation sometime after.