Profile For Serah D.

Serah D.'s Info

MESQUITE, TX

Experienced Driver

Serah D. On The Web

4 years, 11 months ago

Serah D.'s Bio

Enjoy driving, adventure, a foodie, not easily rattled though I cannot stand stupidity. Fun loving, a mother and now an experienced truck driver.

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Suspicious Fumes from the Vents

Hi all, l recently g of a new 2019 cascadia. Been wondering why l have been feeling drowsy 3 hrs after l started rolling, for at least 3 days. Then l discovered fumes w which starts immediately l turned on the AC. I took the truck to the shop and they changed the filter. Though smell is not as much as before, l can still smell it the whole th e e dias

Mechanics don't know what's wrong. Any ideas. ......banish the idea of sleep apnea please.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Been Awhile

Thanks. Now l can tell my daughter am keeping it.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Been Awhile

Hi ya'll,

Where do l start? After many ups and downs while in training and in the first few months solo, l am still a truck driver...yeah! (God knows l was on the brink of giving up quite a few timesl.

It's now been 14 months as a solo driver and let me say this, l am having a blast. Left OTR for a dedicated acct that runs me in TX, OK, LA, KS, and occassionally Nebraska and MO. This is where l have truly horned most of my driving skills. I am still a Swiftie. Took the advise given here about sticking with the company for a year at least.

Question, who can tell me about the Rand Mcnally TND 740 GPS? Does it only work with internet? If so, about how much data is required? My daughter bought me one for my birthday but l am already paying over $100 for my Verizon phone and do not really feel like spending that much more.

Thank you for your replies in advance.

Posted:  11 months ago

Is This True?

Http://askthetrucker.com/april-23-2018-is-d-day-for-truckers/

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

These Strong Winds

First hand experience last evening. Was driving on US-287 from Amarillo to Wichita Falls with 43+k lbs. A mile before l got to the Quanah Loves, l was hit by a gust of wind and pushed to the middle of other lane. Thank God there was no other vehicle or truck beside me at the time.

Just prayed to reach the Loves in one piece where l shut down and sent a macro for late delivery due to "bad weather". It never crossed my mind that this could happen with such a heavy load.

Don't try to be a super hero. Stay safe out there. Its going to get worse.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

THIS ONE HAS ME CONFUSED

I decided to take my 10 at the staging area. All was ok. Thank you all for your advise.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

THIS ONE HAS ME CONFUSED

Yes, that is another way to do that. Really you want to do what works best for your style or skill set. The way I showed you puts you ready for your next assignment quicker which allows you to turn more miles for the week, but either way is acceptable.

OS, I still have to learn to work this one out. I arrived at 10.15pm after getting lost in the confusion with all the new overpasses and construction. I put myself on SB for the ladt 2.5 hrs. Still waiting to be unloaded. Its now 1.10pm and l only have 35 mins on my clock. Am told they are behind so l might havecto wait awhile. If l don't make it to 8 hrs in SB, then what should happen? Still in the learning process so bear with me.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

THIS ONE HAS ME CONFUSED

I realize I'm using a little liberty and creativity with my logging in that suggestion, but that's the way you get things done on occasion.

Thanks OS, it helps. Already done my 10 hrs and now on off duty. Been raking my brains almost to "boiling" point. What if l start driving at 1200? Will probably be there at around 2200 calculating at 50mph, though it could probably be earlier driving faster. I called facility and they have a staging area where l will probably do my 10 after unloading. Is this OK?

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

THIS ONE HAS ME CONFUSED

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have a load to pick up at our Memphis, TN terminal going to Roanoke, TX. It has a strict appt time - 0015, 01/02. I can pick it up between 0800-0900, 01/01.

According to pre-plan am supposed to drive straight to shipper from 0930 arriving 1945. Seems l will have run out of time and won't be able to drive anywhere after. Its also a live unload. How do l work this out so that l have enough tk drive back to my terminal 48 miles away? Appreciate your help.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Home Time

Thanks for the replies.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

This is why we have a bad reputation

That plus the pee stench keeps me away from truck stops. I prefer rest areas whenever possible. Will go to a truck stop only to fuel, shower or shop. HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Home Time

Hi truckers, hope you enjoyed xmas holiday.

Question for Swifters - when does home time time start? Day after you last worked or immediately you leave the terminal? Are off days same as home time?

To all, who knows what is legally the beginning of home time?

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

Swift speeding the trucks up!!

LOL, my current trainee came from Swift. What you're getting instead of your current 62mph on the pedal, you're going to have a whopping 63 on the pedal and 65 on cruise.

YOU WON'T NOTICE A DIFFERENCE.

Mine goes faster than that. No need to go into details.

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

Swift speeding the trucks up!!

I am a Swiftie....they know l hate driving at night, though l have to sometimes. For me, the extra miles l can add in the daylight hours we have now makes a big difference for me.... So yes, am happy for the "extra speed".

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

Prime sending me home

My thought is that it has more to do with the asthma as a medical issue than a driving issue. i had a instructor who taught me in a 2015 Cascadia, i failed the backing with him. he had to go home for family issues

i was placed with Turtles trainer in a 2016 cascadia. felt totally different with shifting and clutch. i passed backing with zero points, then failed the road test TWICE for stalling and impeding traffic. third time i did great however the examiner told me beforehand that if i failed again i could go home and test then come back with my license.

so that leaves the medical issue. if the asthma can affect your performance that much, i wonder if they saw it as a safety issue. did you discuss this with stan or brooke?

Was thinking the same thing.

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

Really Scared

Got a load - 4660lbs picking up in Kansas City heading to York PA. Been monitoring the weather and its not going to be good......talking of strong winds from PA to the east coast. My load is too light for this weather. How would you cope/drive in said weather?

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

What swift macro for next load

Hi y'all . so I'm a rookie driver for swift this is only my second week . I'm on the walmart blitz and got 2400 miles in last week .today sent my macro 6 in and pta . no next load so took a 30 . still no next load so sent a macro 0 in got a reply you need to send in macro 10 no load right now . so sent in a macro 10 got reply you need to send macro 0 no load right now . so finally to the question what do I have to do to get another load ???

Try sending Macro 30.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Load Locks

So you all agree its not a DOT violation not to havd them? How would you know wben to use them if customer has already locked doors and put a seal? Most of my loads are drop/hook.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Load Locks

If you have none, is it a DOT violation?

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Two Near Misses

This probably sounds nuts, but it works. If a truck is about to pass me on the left but they're really hugging those white stripes between us, I'll actually inch a little closer to them. They usually scoot over a little in their lane and I go back to the middle of my lane and we don't have an issue while they're passing me. If they're already next to you, pretty much your only option is to try to get away from them.

Hi Pianoman, tried your way and guess what, it worked!! Got me smiling/laughing/singing/whistling.......