Comments By Kevin C.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/uphill-climb.jpg avatar
  • Kevin C.
  • Comments:

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

A new TruckingTruth video section?

Have any of you guys seen the recent video of that truck that should have tipped over but the driver saved it... I bet he had to change his shorts

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

I was fired now what??

Even though I have been across this country a hundred times in a "four wheeler" dash cam will save your ass......

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Dash cams

I agree Daniel. Spent some time on Youtube today....... Holy Sheeet.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Hunt Transportation releases a new Inverter Incentive

I have my own 2500 watt inverter...... what's that mean?????? confused.gif

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Dash cams

How many of you guys and gals have dash cams?

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

A.I.T. Truck Driver Training.... anyone have info on this school?? (denver)

Anyone have any comments or knowledge of this school. They have four levels of training.... http://ait-schools.com/

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

DOT Drug Testing: Urinalysis or Hair Follicle?

Interesting thread. Here in Colorado pot is legal but it doesn't make any difference when you are dealing with the feds... just my two cents.

good-luck.gif

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Question about "E-logs" and hours

What happens when you have a radical weather change in the middle of BFE as we are so famous for in the west or have a breakdown in BFE? just trying to wrap my head this part....

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

More news from the open road.

There are a lot worse places than Amarillo. At least they have a cowboy museum and a couple of other things to see. Go to the big Texan and git ya a 72 ounce steak.......smile.gif

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Question about "E-logs" and hours

Good advice Daniel. makes perfect sense... thank you

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Question about "E-logs" and hours

With all this High Tech taking over trucking, and the truck basically shutting down after "approved" hours are burned, what happens if you need to get to a safe place to park when the hours are gone? confused.gif

What's the matter with these people?

I went over to that "other site" for about twenty minutes.... I think I will now put a bullet in my head..... J/K That must be what hell is like?shocked.png Just a few stories over there and it's enough to run like your hairs on fire... wtf.gif Must not go to the Dark Side.....smile.gif

High road shut me down.

rofl-3.gif Yeah, our High Road Training Program doesn't let you skim by without knowing the materials. You will know your stuff by the time you get through that program.

smile.gif

No morries I will ace this

High road shut me down.

Being around trucks most of my life and being vague on the rules I decided to see what I actually "know".... I decided to pretest myself.... you must study before jumping into pool.... after missing the same question twice I was shut down.... embarrassed.gif

Time for some studying......

CDL when out of State???? What about all the Federal crap?

It's really kind of simple. Wherever you go to for your training is where your license will be issued. As soon as you go home for your first home-time, you will simply go to the DMV and get it transferred over to your home state. Don't worry about your permit being from a different state, the folks at the training center you are going to know how to handle all this stuff - they do it every day. Some states make it a little more difficult to transfer your CDL than others, but you can still do it this way.

Ok that makes sense (I think) the feds are getting out of control ....shocked.png

CDL when out of State???? What about all the Federal crap?

Interstate means you have to have your medical card with you every time your in the rig. The company your with needs to know when your card expires intrastate means the same state your in. Over the road your going to have to deal with DOT inspections to deal with DOT pre trips. They will flag for anything that is wrong with your rig. You have to maintain a logbook hopefully you have an electronic one so they add up to 24 hours. With paper log everything has to be perfect. Have to double check your brakes, your driving time, 11 hour rule and a 14. No matter what you cannot be 11 hours driving without your 10 hour break. Some states like Vermont have very strict rules on where semis can travel. Other states and cities are worth avoiding all together because of traffic or construction if at all possible for your route plan. Keep in mind most companies will want you to be as efficient as possible. Another thing to factor is a lot of companies will give a fuel bonus if you meet the required fuel economy. Certain engines you may never get the fuel economy that they want. The max force engine great on economy lacks power and mountainess terrain of loads of 10 tons or more. Cummings engines will provide a good balance of power and economy. Detroit diesels have power but lack economy. Trucks with cat engines come in two categories awesome power, crap economy, or mediocre power in great economy. Another factor is heat many companies run retreads and they can literally fall apart while your driving in warmer weather event though they passed the pre-trip that morning. These are the biggest factors I think when you leave state lines.

Colorado requires "proof of residence" to get a license.... I was just wondering if I go to Utah with a Colorado Permit what happens after the drive test? Thank you for that other information...

CDL when out of State???? What about all the Federal crap?

Just a couple of questions

Awesome Kevin! I hear rally good things about Prime. Good Luck to you... Maybe I'll see you out there.

If I choose Prime hopefully Daniel will put a good word in for me with the " Pinkle " LOL.... Luv ya Daniel

LOL that is a great story he has.... make me look forward to a great experience

Just a couple of questions

Kevin, There is so much to know before we get into school. What I have decided for sure is .... 1) I am going to a private truck school. I do not want to be Obligated to anyone. 2) I pretty much have decided its either Prime or Knight 3). LOL well, there isn't a third knowledge yet. I have to pick the brains of these fine folks here. Right Jopa?

The way it's looking i'm Gonna sell my soul to prime for a year...

CDL when out of State???? What about all the Federal crap?

I want to get my permit in Colorado how does all this work now with all the new "rules" if you are out of state going to school for a CDL????? just a bit confused on that aspect