Comments By Chris Jones ( MonkeyBone)

https://media.glassdoor.com/l/81/fa/e0/a5/roehl-operates-one-of-the-largest-flatbed-fleets-in-the-nation.jpg avatar

Hate eating out, tips for eating on the road?

Maybe a microwave would work??

It would work, I'm looking for a grocery list of food that people keep on hand

Hate eating out, tips for eating on the road?

Whats in your fridge , what's for dinner when on the road

OK, I'll bite. :)

Walmart makes salads and torpedo style sandwiches. I always have a load of bread, peanut butter and grape jam.

I found this to work: Turn the bunk heater control to like 90°, set an opened can of soup or stew right in front of the vent for about 10 minutes, et bon appétit!

Never would have thought of that

Hate eating out, tips for eating on the road?

Whats in your fridge , what's for dinner when on the road

Basic Supplies

I'm going into Roehl flatbed and I'm looking for a good pair of gloves. Leather or cloth

Applied to prime

I applied to Prime on 10/29 for school to get my cdl. Does it normally take this long to get a response? I have nothing in my background that would prevent me from driving. I have been studying the training program on this site so should I get my permit from Wisconsin before I go to prime school in Mo?

Call them. 800-224-4585 ext.6624 the recruiters name is Grace

Officially Official

Good luck Brad, see ya there

I will see you up there Chris. I start Nov.9th.

Brad

Officially Official

I'm leaving for Marshfield, WI on Nov. 15th to attend Roehl's student driver program. Wish me luck and I'll keep everyone updated.

Any homeless Truckers out there?

Odd question I know. I am wondering if anyone does not keep a house or apartment and just keeps traveling.

I will be moving out of my house in a few months and do not have a wife or kids.

To me it would be ideal to just stay on the road. If I had a week waiting for a load or something I would just enjoy the adventure of where I was at (if it was an adventurous place -haha) Or vise versa - if i needed to just keep working for weeks I could do that.

Taking a few days off I could stay in a hotel even upgrading it since I save money with no mortgage.

In my situation I could work for a few years and just save. I have no debt.

Might help the company since I would not really care where I was based out of…or not even having a base. To me it is time to work hard and save for retirement in 20 yrs.

Oddly it sounds perfect to/for me. I am not the type to get lonely (in fact prefer it), I do not mind small places like the sleeper (looks perfect to me). No family to visit at least not for more than a few days a couple times a year.

Store my F350 truck (4 wheeler) and my stuff in my cargo trailer, park it at my relatives farm so no worries about my stuff.

Roll for 10-15 years OTR....or whatever and just save my money

Anyways just a dream I have always had and soon will be free to pursue it.

Of course I would spend a couple of years (my early learning) making sure that is how I want to work.

I do not heard of many guys doing this so I thought I would ask in case I am missing something.

Sounds like a pretty solid plan, if you can handle the small spaces which you said you could. Go for it man, enjoy the adventure.

Need some first hand insight.

Anyone one that atrend Roehl student program,how long until you start getting your first check. Seems like a tacky question floor the invaluable training I'll receive but I still have a girlfriend and a daughter to support while I'm gone. Thanks everyone

Roehl CDL training program

For my current situation and for a company that covers EVERYTHING accept transportation to the facility plus a job when done. Can't beat it.

Keep me posted when you get there how it is. I read a blog on here from someone who did it and it sounds very encouraging.

Roehl CDL training program

I'm heading there very soon pending results of my drug test

I am weighing options whether to go to a private school or try applying to the Roehl CDL training program where you are hired right after your CDL program. Anyone done this and have any advice on how the training was and what Roehl is like as an employer?

Looking for school

Give Roehl,Prime,Swift and CRSTa shout

Im not currently with a company i have been trying to attend roadmasters school but keep running into road blocks mainly due to this feloney from 06 im gonna check into tdi tomarrow but im running out of options not sure where to go next i didnt realize a mistake that long ago would still affect me like this

Looking for school

I'm heading off to Roehl in a couple weeks pending my physical and drug test results

Google company sponsored training for felons, I did and found a bunch of trucking companies

i live in sc and have a 9 year old feloney conviction it seems to be keeping me from attending schools and i dont have funds for school help

Which company you with ?

Looking for school

Private Messages

Maybe a dumb question, but where do I go to check for private messages or is there an alert

Prime Inc. Tattoo Policy

Does anyone if there is one what the policy on tattoos are at Prime Inc. I'm about to call my recruiter at Prime and pull the trigger for orientation but I have hand tattoos. Nothing vulgar but obvious. Roehl is after me to join them as well. Any insight would be very helpful. Thanks everyone

Permit Driver

How many hours a day can a Permit driver drive

It's Official

Hey congrats Chris!

(Pssstttt...Brett, we need a graduation/congrats smiley!)

'round here ya gotta dance when you're happy dancing-dog.gifdancing-banana.gif

dancing.gif

It's Official

I took my Illinois Permit test and passed with flying colors, I'll be heading off to Millis Transfer on Sept. 14th in Richfield,WI. Thanks TT for the training material.

Posted:  7 years ago

Illinois rules

Millis Transfer has accepted me into there school in Richfield, Wi. My question is will Illinois accept the out of state. I've been refused by other companies because of the way Illinois is set up.