Comments By Andre R.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/show-truck2.jpg avatar
  • Andre R.
  • Comments:

Knight orientation

Old school you couldn't be more correct. Everyone here is beyond nice. Howard Mr.Tommy jp and Wayne have all made us feel very welcome. We should code out tomorrow morning. As for the wait you're correct they are setting up payroll and driver I'd numbers as well as waiting on drug screen. Mr. Tommy was not there today. Tomorrow he will be back we will finish the Smith system and off we go one to olive branch me to a trainer here and the other to a flatbed trainer in the Monroe Louisiana area.

Knight orientation

I'm in Gulfport Mississippi. We just had driver development come in and chat with us a while. Everything seems in track with the way they do things here which I very laidback. So far all seems.on track.

Knight orientation

This is the second orientation and this is nothing like the first. Day one was drug screen and physical. The physical was the most in depth that I've seen. We also did smith system. Day two we arrived at 8am. We completed payroll paperwork for direct deposit and selected daily or weekly deposits (3 sheets of paper). We have been sitting the entire day idle. It is now 130 and are still sitting. In was told there would be no road test and that we could be finished this afternoon but that's still up in the air. There has been no policies gone over no Qualcomm or even benefits. I am assuming the reason for such a short condensed version is we are a small class of 3 which I am the only one with a class a the others will be attending knights school to obtain theirs. I was told that my trainer will be in touch with a meet date and time we shall see where this leads and I'll update as more unfolds. I will say the people here have all been very welcoming and friendly

CPAP Battery Backup

Please tell me more about this 12v cord I am on one and not sure on the inverter policy where I am heading.

Do any trucking companies offer paid training?

May also want.to look into averitt express they offer pay at some point but I'm not sure how far into the process they start paying you. Conway is another but again not sure at what point the pay starts.

Jumping ship

As I've mentioned in a previous post I went to covenant transport. I have been home waiting.on a trainer. I've made contact today and was advised it was going.to be a while for a trainer. Sadly as much as I'd love to be able to wait I need to make money as I'm not rich. I have decided that I will roll the dice and jump ship and head over to knight transportation out of Gulfport Mississippi. I head there Monday for orientation. I hate jumping as I am not a job jumper and know this looks bad. Anyone with knight out of.Gulfport any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

New student at SRT academy

Srt? Southern refrigerated transport? If so they are owned by covenant transport out of Chattanooga.

Lack of trainers.

Just finished orientation with covenant. I'm currently at home with some family emergency things however I am also still waiting on a trainer which I was told could take several weeks. Being that I am here waiting I am assuming I won't be paid. I am hanging on but not sure how long I can hang on with no income. In the meantime I refuse to sit idle. I have kept the hunt alive which goes against what everyone says with regard to being with the first company a year but I'm fat and like to eat so I will sit tight a week if nothing gives I'll be forced to jump ship as I'm sitting on about 8 prehire letters I'm staying in contact with all of them as well as my company.

Lack of trainers.

I've noticed that with the company that I've chosen there seems to be a lack of trainers. I know this could be a great thing remaining they are attractive to the new folks like myself however it's also hard to get on a truck to get the training underway. Is this a common problem with all companies or is this rare?

Workers comp question.

Old school that I don't believe and if so it would be the most valuable five minutes I've spent in a long time.

The journey begins.

It is a smart thing to do and I'll be the first to tell you that that is the only reason I am still here because when my daughter told me daddy come home I would have been on the first fight out of here. I know that this is the best for me so t ha I can provide better for my family. That is my driving force. Each time I open my wallet and see her cute pic staring back at me I just say to myself this is for you sweetheart and all is better.

Workers comp question.

Old school that's exactly what I'm seeing with a few injured folks here. They drive the shuttle. I would assume this is the catch where if.you go home They can terminate or not pay you because you have refused suitable work. This is good to know and as always you seem to always hit the nail on the head. What I would give to be able to ride along with you for a week to pick your brain and gain some of your knowledge.

The journey begins.

This has been a long journey for me that started back in November. Let me be the first to tell you that no amount of mental prep can ready yum for the day you leave your loved ones behind to embark on this journey. This morning as I spoke.with my family via Skype I lost it and was in tears. About ten minutes ago again I spoke with them and thankfully my eyes didn't leak. I am or I thought I was prepared for the day I left them but no sir I wasn't. I don't think it's possible. I just keep telling myself that this will make for a better life for my family.

Workers comp question.

It is a definite question I'll be asking. I don't like that one bit. I'm currently at covenant in Chattanooga. Its no where near a deal breaker but something I would like more info on.

Workers comp question.

I am currently at orientation which starts tomorrow. While here I have come across many drivers who have been hurt and are out on workers comp. They are here doing their recovery. When I asked why they aren't home for this they reply from all of them is that the company mandated them remain here in this hotel not at home. If they chose to go home They lose their comp payments and the company will not pay the medical bills. This is a first I'm hearing of such a thing and am curious if this is common. I've always been under the impression that if it's a comp case you have the right to treatment by the physician of your choice even if the company suggest you use theirs. I could be wrong but would like some feedback on this If anyone knows.

The journey begins.

Thanks old school. I know it will pass as it has already started I'm focused on what I Ned to do to get the job done. My wife has told me more then once if you can't do it come home but no matter the company I have zero experience and will have to swallow this pill regardless. I have made great use of my phone as we have Skype and got to see them this morning. Talk about hard especially when your three year old looks into the phone and is crying and tells you daddy I want you to come home. It would have been so easy to grab my bags and be on the next flight home but I am not a quitter and will not give up so easy.

The journey begins.

I am aboard the greyhound headed to chattanooga for orientation with covenant. As much as I'm looking forward to it my heart aches as I leave my wife and kids behind. I know this is for the best and will make for an easier life for them with the increased income. I look forward to this journey with a heavy heart as I miss them already. I knew this would t be easy But.never in my wildest dreams thought it would be this hard. I hope heartache doesn't have me doomed as I'm sure I'm not the only one to have felt this way.

Benadryl

I take it at bedtime to help me sleep because I cannot deal with my cpap without it.

Posted:  4 years ago

Paycheck during cdl training?

Check out averitt I believe they do however I could be wrong.

Benadryl

Just got my list of suggested items to pack for orientation. It suggested cold and sinus meds but was specific to say no Nyquil or alkaseltzer type of meds. I'm not sure why but very curious about benadryl. Anyone have any insight on this.