Comments By Lilysmomma

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/Bristol-Hauler.jpg avatar
  • Lilysmomma
  • Comments:

Started training!

God Bless and Happy Trucking to you! Be safe, patient and have a I can do this attitude and you will be just fine!

Concerned about physical requirements.

It depends on which employer you go with. My employer made me go through a physical fitness test with resistance to see how much upper and lower body strength I have. I don't work out and I passed so you should be fine.. Good Luck!

Ladies i need some help.

Send her flowers from wherever you are at times.. A postcard would be nice too once in awhile... Call her often and when you are home.. make it a special weekend with just for her.. Hope this helps!

Sabertooth Driving School

I had just started with Sabertooth on March 7th. I must say, this is a pretty darned good school, well run, very educational and really happy to be there... I have the confidence in knowing that I will learn what I need to know and pass for my CDL A. They are all very, very helpful here and only want their students to succeed. I am now looking forward to my second week and more driving and learning for my over the road career in which I have wanted to do in a long time. This school is located just south west of Green Bay, WI and is really convenient for me to go home on weekends.

Really happy to have this great opportunity!

Accident Free 1st Year!

Awesome job and Congrats. dancing-banana.gif

New Life...

My four older brothers do not support me at all.. I am only doing this for ME.... Not anyone else but ME... I want to become more financially stable when I enter full retirement which is only 6 years away! Six years goes fast too and I do not want anymore house payments either.. I think this will be a good fit for me and my buddy... Who knows... I may even bring my little weiner dog along! smile.gif

Finished training

Awesome job! I too will be running team with my friend... Going to be a whole different lifestyle! Enjoy, and be safe! good-luck.gif

GREAT NEWS!!!

I am doing the Happy Dance for you!! Awesome job lady!!dancing-dog.gif

Lady truck driver in the making

Well said Sue!!

New Life...

Way to go lady!! This is my last career also until retirement! Happy and safe trucking and hope to meet up with you some day!

good-luck.gif

CDL permit.

Way to go!! dancing-dog.gif

New Life...

I too am a newbie just starting out.. I have been a school bus driving for the past year and want to move on to bigger and better things... Tired of dealing with bratty kids and low pay.. So I am going to school March 7th and am going to team up with a buddy so we can support each other and learn together... Can't wait for the possibilities out there and more financial freedom until my retirement in 7 years...

Happy New Year!

This is just a friendly post to all here! Happy New Year and may 2016 be your best and the most productive year ever! Be safe and keep the rubber side down and happy trails to you all!

Judy dancing-banana.gif

Struggling

Good for you!! Keep up those thoughts!!! You will do it!

Need some advice....

Thank you all soooo much for such great advice and places to look!! I really appreciate the time you all took to help me out! You all are amazing! Keep on truckin and may that angel always be sitting on top of your shoulder!

Judy aka: Lillysmomma

Need some advice....

My friend and I are planning on going for a truck driving career as a team. We live in Wisconsin just north of Green Bay. We are both school bus drivers and have that endorsement and do drive in big cities and do charters. The money is not enough for us to get by. We are considering Sabertooth Driving School out of Waupaca, and then going with a company as a team. We have checked out other schools and still are not sure about what to do as of yet.. My friend is a Veteran so her schooling will be all paid, but mine will not be but I have the money to do so. My question is this... Do you think a private truck driving school might be better verses a company driving school and then signing on with them for a year? Is the learning better at a private truck driving school? Your comments and suggestions are welcome and I really do appreciate the help in our decision. Judy

Progressive Lenses

That so funny!!! I had to look twice at that!! And laughed so hard!! I would just keep your Avatar and see how many more comments you get on it! LOL!!

Love it!

Tips on making the truck feel cozy?

I am going to paint myself a sign which reads, "Home Sweet Semi" !! I will be doing my artwork while waiting for loads, etc. I don't watch tv, maybe will get myself some sirius xm.. I think the memory foam is a great idea!!

Transgender Women In Trucking (Please don't laugh...not a joke)

I personally have no prejudice against anyone but there are people who do.. As any place of employment, if you walk in looking different, they will probably pick on you. If you dress normally and represent the company you work for with the highest standards, you won't have a problem. I used to shuttle cars back and forth, fly into an airport and pick up a car from the owner, sign over the title and drive it home.., A very dangerous thing to do. I couldn't carry anything with me through the airport and in my bags so I had to make sure I exchanged the cashier's check and car in a place where a lot of people were.. On my way home with the car, I stopped at a store and picked up a can of wasp spray which sprays 25 feet. If anyone messed with me, they would get themselves a face full of spray.. I always stopped in well lit areas and looked like I knew where I was going and never looked down, look out and look like you are familiar with your surroundings.. and lastly, I always carried very little cash with me and kept it in my sock or in my bra.. no purses..

MY X-MAS GIFT