Comments By Bryn J.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/128.jpg avatar
  • Bryn J.
  • Comments:

Anyone else starting prime 11-13-16?

Hey Will J,

Even if no one will be at prime at the same time as you, a lot of people on this site will be reading your posts and ready to help. They might not be with you in person, but will be willing you on, and hoping for the best.

Game: funny town names

Lick Skillet Tn

Oh come on, that is how you make sure you get all the sausage gravy out of the skillet. You post that town name like it is a bad thing... LOL

Making me want some Red Eye Gravy to lick....

Now you gone and done it, Hardee's in the morning.dancing-dog.gif

Is my trainer gonna kick me outta the truck?

I hope G-Town don't read this at supper time, he's already lost his lunch today. smile.gif

H.O. Wolding

I'm reading it....

Truck Versus Car Incident - Who Was Wrong, & Could It Have Been Avoided?

Before we start applying blame we need to know the state and the rules of the road for that state. Then we can discuss the appropriate action against either driver.

Through out the entire video we could take sections of time and find fault with either driver.

I don't agree with the adage that a truck driver is the professional so should be held to a higer standard, a driver's license is a privilage not a right and anyone using the roads should act accordingly. Unfortunately the driving test is some states is nothing more than a political get them in and out so that the politicians can keep their job. I often heard my daughter's friends and parents complaining about how long they had to wait to get a test date. While waiting for my daughter to take her writen drivers license, I spoke with a commercial examiner who complained about them having to meet certain numbers.

So I would say that who ever was at fault at first takes the entire rap, but really they both should be accountable for reckless endangerment to the other users of the road. This incident turned out with no know injuries, but could easily be worse, and evolved innocent drivers.

Another truck radio question

Know a ham who quit driving truck about 15 yrs ago, who run Morse with a key strapped to his leg. It is an interesting hobby, and such a wide area of interests, with all the different bands and modes.

Another truck radio question

Knew an interceptor op, copying 5 letter blocks for the military. Went to take his 20 WPM test and failed Went home and brought back a typewriter and passed no problem.

Another ham, VE1GUN SK could work two stations at the same time running about 50WPM each, while he sat back sucking on his pipe, Jerry passed away from parkinsons.

Spit(saliva) Drug Test

Some British police forces have started using mouth swab tests on the side of the road for drug DUI.

A PSA for those considering Prime Inc.

Roger, PLEASE re-read this thread from the beginning. Both Miss Miyoshi and Nomad are driving for prime and they where both sent home. You can do the same, follow what Brett has said, and how others handled the situation and hopefully you will be back at prime in training soon. Take the time on the bus to get prepared for the worst.

Best States to be a Truck Driver

I would also add Tennessee to the no personal income tax.

Nice thing about TN, we have three sections, West, Middle, East, which means delta, rolling hills, and mountains. Also within 10 hours drive of Nashville is a lot of country and people, plus the Waffle House.

smile.gif

Tyson Foods Orientation

Best of luck, but I don't think you will need it.

Bryn

Nearly all truck drivers may be tested for sleep apnea

I can see a niche business opportunity, delivering groceries to truckers at Loves and TA's etc.

smile.gif

150 TT vs. 160 TT certificate

Does anyone know where Mountain Girl and Rolling thunder are, or how they are doing?

Prime Inc. Orientation starts 8/15/16

WOW WOW WOW.

Not a few thousand miles under you belt, we need more before that, too long to wait.....

smile.gif

Have fun, becareful.

How to keep sugar from showing up in your urine?D.O.T Physical on Monday

Kamran,

The drivers on this site really know about the trucking industry, but they are not a doctor. Although you blood sugar seemed normal, you had sugar in your urine, you should seek the help of a medical proffesional, that being your primary care doc. It could all be a storm in a tea cup, but you need a proffesional to tell you so.

Just another low bridge strike after following GPS

This was in a car, following GPS in PA, the system took me into the scale house and merge back onto highway. Thankfully scale house was closed. The next year when I made the same trip to ME, I was ready.

Jim Palmer cdl training

Oh crap, I really hate it when you start the last page and there is only one post, I'm hoping that it's full to the bottom. Now I have to wait to hear how the NJ trip went. All good things come to them who wait...

smile.gif

Posted:  4 years ago

What I found out about my decline from Roehl

It is good that you know why they declined you. This will help in future applications to other companies.

Did they find this on a background check, or did you put it on your application?

Your answer will help others? We all make mistakes, in fact a man that has never made a mistake has not done anything, but it is what we learn from them and what we do after that makes a difference.

Posted:  4 years ago

No words...I simply have no words

Come on guys, they are just following their GPS...

smile.gif

Posted:  4 years ago

Laugh for the day....

I did not know that. I live in TN now, and encourage people to travel to Maine. The Armish community in Houlton has connections with our Armish community in southern middle TN.